FIFA World Youth Championship

Forget you saunders, and don't diss my italian og. Adu still has to mature. This was the first major stage that adu participated in. And it only gets bigger for him now.
Adu is not mature enough yet!!!!!!!

Brazil x Argentina
Morocco x Nigeria

South America x Africa in the final
Shows perfectly how different countries faces the question of revealing new players.

Messi is good... haven't seen him much, but Armenteros seems nice too.
Nice game tuesday.
Hope we win

mikel obi john is something. but he just sits in midfield n passes the ball. i rarely ever see him tackle... but he is really big for his age...

The thing about Messi is that he gets the ball 40 meters away from the opponent goal, and starts dribbling people till he gets there. And he never gets tired! His first 3 seconds of acceleration are incredibly amazing, I never saw anything like that. Anyway, this happens because Argentina didn't bring any real striker to the tournament, not even one! Oh, and the coach doesn't play with an OMF.

Our boring and hard-working midfield is: two SMF, two DMF.

Gago, one of the DMF, is an incredible talent, I recommend you to watch him because he will be Argentina's DMF for the next 15 years or something like that. Far better than Mascherano (excellent only for defensive porpouses).

Which Brazilian players should I pay special attention to, and how do they play?

gergerger said:
Which Brazilian players should I pay special attention to, and how do they play?
I think on the defender Gládstone (Cruzeiro) and the forward Diego Tardelli (Sao Paulo).

Since the US is out, i have been rooting for Nigeria.. . but i was disappointed by the disrespect shown by john Obi Mikel and other players during the penalty shootout. There really was no excuse for that kind of behavior.

pk9 said:
after 24 pens the young oranje are out and the young eaglets of nigeria have clawed through.
@ stringer the young nigerian boys are surely doin the country some good lol

It is what it is :D

ghazi said:
Since the US is out, i have been rooting for Nigeria.. . but i was disappointed by the disrespect shown by john Obi Mikel and other players during the penalty shootout. There really was no excuse for that kind of behavior.

What did they do?

Last edited:
Brazil 1-2 Argentina
7' Lionel Messi (Argentina)
75' Renato (Brasil)
90' Pablo Zabaleta (Argentina)

sonnysan said:
Forget you saunders, and don't diss my italian og. Adu still has to mature. This was the first major stage that adu participated in. And it only gets bigger for him now.
Adu is not mature enough yet!!!!!!!
wrong, wrong, wrong, he has been playing in youth world cups since he was 13... He is a professional player and has won a domestic title(yes it is MLS) if you actually watched the lad play you would reazlie how dumb you sound... you have probaly never heard him speak or talk either, cause then you would realize how dumb you sound again about his maturity level, not sure if you mean mature at football or not, but Christiano Ronaldo and Rooney, two of the best young players in the world, still need to matutre in football terms, so saying adu needs to mature is pretty retarted if you ask me, since it is obvious that every fucking player in the YWC needs to mature at football... the fact that he is the youngest player in the tournament and the fact that he had good games against germany and argentina, says something about his maturity compared to the rest of the tournament, your just american bashing and not being objective at all... if he was european/south american you would be drooling all over him

csaunders said:
yeah i guess so, when your 10 and inter milan wants to buy you for a million, thats nothing big.... you really have no idea what your talking about, Adu for his age shows incredible touch and vision, he is only going to get better, you are a bitter man

Inter wants to buy hi .. ?? you just talking out of ur arse, if they wanted to buy him why is adu wasting hios time in stupid mls getting worser everday ... he is good for his age , but not like you guys make it, he is like any usual young player .

Adu's parents actually blocked the offers from Europe mainly because they didnt want pressure on Freddy or spoiling him. They also wanted to play in the US so he can also get a proper education and stay with his friends in the US.

imo smart move...no need to rush anyone.

His staying in the MLS actually is helping to improve what you call a 'shitty MLS'.

Massacre_1907 said:
Inter wants to buy hi .. ?? you just talking out of ur arse, if they wanted to buy him why is adu wasting hios time in stupid mls getting worser everday ... he is good for his age , but not like you guys make it, he is like any usual young player .

do you always smoke crack when you write? Adu had offers from InterMilan and a few other top clubs, but due to his age and the fact that he didnt want to be away from his single mother, or force her to move, he opted to stay in the US, turn 14 and join a domestic league where he could play on the first team, rather than sit on a reserve team for several years in Europe,where his age would prevent him from getting any first team action.

ghazi said:
do you always smoke crack when you write? Adu had offers from InterMilan and a few other top clubs, but due to his age and the fact that he didnt want to be away from his single mother, or force her to move, he opted to stay in the US, turn 14 and join a domestic league where he could play on the first team, rather than sit on a reserve team for several years in Europe,where his age would prevent him from getting any first team action.

The only thing i say, lets wait couple of years, maybe when his "mommy" decides him to goto inter , we'll see his performance, but for now hes nothing but a youngster, and u cant make it top class just because of his stupid age man

Massacre_1907 said:
he is good for anyone under 20, proven by the fact he is out there in that tournament, your dont have afucking clue about ADU or who has pursued him(Man U, Inter, AC Milan to name a few) playing every game in MLS is far better the any reserve league in the world, and the level of play in MLS is not too far off from some european first division(not la liga, i.e. coca cola championship). In 5 years MLS will be one of the strongest leagues in the northern and southern hemispheres of America. more crowds more money more fans then you will find in brazil and argentina(MLS already averages more fans per game then argentina). Soon you will be eating your words and MLS will far surpass your shit turkish league, just like the rest of europe already does

csaunders said:
he is good for anyone under 20, proven by the fact he is out there in that tournament, your dont have afucking clue about ADU or who has pursued him(Man U, Inter, AC Milan to name a few) playing every game in MLS is far better the any reserve league in the world, and the level of play in MLS is not too far off from some european first division(not la liga, i.e. coca cola championship). In 5 years MLS will be one of the strongest leagues in the northern and southern hemispheres of America. more crowds more money more fans then you will find in brazil and argentina(MLS already averages more fans per game then argentina). Soon you will be eating your words and MLS will far surpass your shit turkish league, just like the rest of europe already does

gotta love playing "soccer" on "football" fields :roll:

mls will always be shit, only good players will be available for other clubs to buy ..

Only player i like is howard, i think usa goalies are alot better then the player qualities, also when u say shitty turkish league, we have over 10 stars playing in EUROPE ;) including, barca,inter

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkish players and Turkish league are abit different. Its not like many people can list Turkish teams apart form Galatasaray, Besiktas and Fenerbahce. Both the US and Turkey are growing leagues, and I dont see why you are slamming the USA so much... as its a good thing if they grow into a footballing nation.

Young players like Adu, Ochoa, Donovan (well not anymore) are good examples of what the US can produce in the future. If peple continuolsy slam the MLS, its not like it will ever improve. Theyve got huge potential, and its clear with their youth at the moment.

Last edited:
settled then, i dont wanna slam usa league, i said that Adu is not a big player as americans see him, but o well , and i dont think in 5 years anything will be different.. i ;ve seen growing leagues, but in 5 years time no league has come to be the "BEST" OF northern and southern hempisphere kings

Can't Believe We lost.
Argentina deserved it, but we saw today one thing a hate a lot on football.

7' Argentina Scores
Do they think they have already won? They put the 11 players in their side waiting for Brazil...

75' Brazil Scores
After that, they stopped... seems that they wanted extra time... STUPID...

Btw, the best game in this tournament... and clearly and unhappily, Argentina will win Morocco or Nigeria, no matter who goes to final.

And i just can't believe it... :(

Yeah, things were very strange. Argentina scored early and automatically refused all chance of attacking. Giving away the ball to Brazil is not a good idea.

Brazil had all the ball control the wanted but not too many opportunities because we were using all our men to defend. Finally Brazil scored. And they started to play almost like Argentina did during the whole match, giving the ball away!

Argentina kinda reacted and actually started to create some opportunities. Same "strategy" than the one used against Colombia, and same result: a lucky goal in minute 92.

Messi almost didn't touch the ball, but he was very important when he participated.

Semifinals

Morocco 0-3 Nigeria
34' Taye Taiwo (Nigeria)
70' Olubayo Adefemi (Nigeria)
75' Chinedu Ogkube (Nigeria)

Messi and Gago have been great to watch, but i am rootin' for the Nigerians, as they are the team i generally root for after the US and Englerland.

Those Moroccans were classless losers and i think FIFA should get strict and ban for extended periods anyone who willingly kicks out at another player. some of those kicks could have caused serious injuries. When i broke my leg last year, it was a similar type kick as the last red card, albeit it was in the run of play.

A quite tight final in favoritism I think, Nigeria seems to be with all the desires to obtain the championship and has shown to have arguments to achieving it.

Nice to see the Young Super Eagles are through to the final....this could be the begining of a great era lol.

Anyways does anybody in England know where i can see mclips of the World Youth Championship...i still can't believe Eurosport aern't showing it.

Come on Nigeria.!!. .last night in Chicago my nigerian cab driver was gushing about this team and flippin' out. Dude was hilarious, dancing in his seat and everything!!

Well Nigeria were the better team, but made two stupid mistakes. First penalty was no doubt, but what was the dfender thinking? Messi wasn't in a dangerous position really, and he just hacked him down. Second one I thought that the argenitinian was going over before contact, but still. Better team definitely lost, but I'm a United fan, I've had a long season of that :)

congrats to the albiceleste and messi,

poor nigeria awww well at least they gave it a shot

man argentina definately have the best youth team system out there

Back
Top Bottom