FIFA World Youth Championship

Milanista said:
Ukraine are tough, Aliev and Milevskiy have been amazing, so was Vorobiy. I think Ukraine or Colombia can win this.
I think Colombia has the favoritism right now, tomorroy (wednesday) is their match at 18:30 GMT in front of Argentina.

Ugh. .sad way for the US to bow out of the competition. After not allowing a goal in 270 minutes, the coach decides to put the injured Spector in the game and his mistakes were frequent and deadly. Dont blame him for the deflected goal but the second goal was on of several giveaways by him. I think he's a great talent but he was not right for playing yesterday.

the lack of finishing and getting overrun in the midfield by the Italians killed us, too. The Italian goalkeeper had some nice saves.

Pelle is a talent. his goal was sublime and he reminds me of Ibrahimovich with that combo of size and feet.

Still, i think the US displayed some nice new talent with Westenburg, Wynn and Feilhaber. And topping the group of death was a nice touch.

Argentina defeated Colombia 2 to 1.

See, this is what I'm talking about. Both teams played a mediocre game and the match was about to end 1-1 10 minutes away from ending, but Argentina woke up and started to play aggresively in Colombia's field, having goal opportunities over and over. They just know how to play matches in the final stages because they are more used to big pressure and being protagonists.

This time, it may be the end of the road for Argentina. We are facing Spain, the best team in the tournament by far.

pk9 said:
some tasty games are coming up ned vs nigeria (hmmmmm)

Yes very tasty.....epecially for you ;)

Do you know how well Nigeria played against Ukranie....i know that Taiwo scored late in the game to give them a winner.

Also Ghazi have you got anymore highlights?

SB the only highlights are have are from that link that i posted. I got it from BigSoccer.com. lol.

all the big talk about freddy adu :roll:

he has missed 2 penalties in this competition, i guess hes too good to be true for usa

Massacre_1907 said:
all the big talk about freddy adu :roll:

he has missed 2 penalties in this competition, i guess hes too good to be true for usa
do you realize he is the youngest player in the competetion, you moron

Hes the youngest, and I compliment that because its rare to see someone at that age be in a competition like this, but that doesnt really guarantee great performances. I think the coach should have subbed him against Italy because he wasnt really doing much to pressure the Italians. He tried some fancy tricks, but were more beneficial to him than the team.

Milanista said:
Hes the youngest, and I compliment that because its rare to see someone at that age be in a competition like this, but that doesnt really guarantee great performances. I think the coach should have subbed him against Italy because he wasnt really doing much to pressure the Italians. He tried some fancy tricks, but were more beneficial to him than the team.
he turnend in a very good performance vs germany and did well vs argentina, sucked against italy

csaunders said:
do you realize he is the youngest player in the competetion, you moron

youngest doesnt mean anything at all, they talked like hes the next pele (hahaha fuckin morons), he cant even score simple penalties ... i wonder when will he score :lol:

What I didn't like about Adu were some comments he made to the press in the past. He seemed too overconfident. But this was a long time ago, he was very young. I guess this things can happen..

Freddie Adu is just the american media's "soccer" player :D

nothing big :roll:

Stringer Bell said:
Yes very tasty.....epecially for you ;)

Do you know how well Nigeria played against Ukranie....i know that Taiwo scored late in the game to give them a winner.

Also Ghazi have you got anymore highlights?

Very even game. Nothing between the sides apart from a flukey goal. I would have liked to see Ukraine progress. They've impressed to no end and characters with awesome ability like Alliev brought the competition to life.

STR said:
Very even game. Nothing between the sides apart from a flukey goal. I would have liked to see Ukraine progress. They've impressed to no end and characters with awesome ability like Alliev brought the competition to life.

Okay fair enough.

So the goal we scored was a lucky goal?

Massacre_1907 said:
youngest doesnt mean anything at all, they talked like hes the next pele (hahaha fuckin morons), he cant even score simple penalties ... i wonder when will he score :lol:

I see you're still bitter about Turkey not making the Euro's last summer. lol. You may have hyped them to be better than Brazil at one point during the WC, i assume.

FYI, Adu has never hyped himself. He has been hyped by the media. I have never heard him toot his own horn.

By the way, he is the team penalty kicker, and until that tournament he had made all previous attempts (7).

Morocco 2-2 Italy
26' Nabil El Zhar (Morocco)
74' Pietro Canini (Italy)
93' Franceso Battaglia (Autogol - Morocco)
112' Graziano Pelle (Italy)

(4-2 on penalties, pass Morocco).

Massacre_1907 said:
Freddie Adu is just the american media's "soccer" player :D

nothing big :roll:
yeah i guess so, when your 10 and inter milan wants to buy you for a million, thats nothing big.... you really have no idea what your talking about, Adu for his age shows incredible touch and vision, he is only going to get better, you are a bitter man

Brazil 2, Germany 1 (Extratime)
hm... Huber for Germany
82' D. Tardelli and 99' Rafinha (Rafael) for Brazil

Amazing Game... Germany weak physically, gave up in the final 15 minutes, when Brazil played with 3 forwards and 2 wingers...

Extra time was what Germany wanted, so after scoring a strange goal in a corner kick, they got all back... and Brazil scored in a great play by Edcarlos, completed by Tardelli.

Start of extratime, all german players were in their side waiting for Brazil, not attacking much... then with our second goal, Germany tried to go ahead, but they couldn't... Some times they were all in attack, other times all in defense, and many times half in attack, and half in defense.

What makes me angry is that R. Sobis and Quirino lost 2 incredible goals... one in 1-on-1 and the other after dribbling the goalie... 4-1 would be a fairest (fairer? more fair? i don't know) result.

That's my view of the match...

German soccer seems in crisis... Nicky Adler is not good as Kuranyi or Podolski, and Delura is a lot under Ballack, seems that they are not revealing many talents.

Tuesday, 12:30 Brasilia time, Brazil against the winner of Argentina-Spain
Both of them are hard... let's just wait.

Well, I think generally european teams don't show too much at u-20 level. Specially because these countries buy a lot of young talents from other countries and that gives less chances to their own boys.

I've seen "young" players in european leagues making their debuts at the age of 22, that's like a 4 years difference to the age our boys generally make their debut. And that's also the reason why our squads are more experienced than the european ones. Take argentina as an example, not only their 11 starters have 1-2 years of experience in 1st division, but also some of their players are key elements of their teams.

after 24 pens the young oranje are out and the young eaglets of nigeria have clawed through.
@ stringer the young nigerian boys are surely doin the country some good lol

Argentina 3 - Spain 1
The best team in the tournament lost. Now it's us versus Brazil.
Messi once again scored a nice goal.

The winner will play the final againt Nigeria or Morocco.

Back
Top Bottom