FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

Re: FIFA 16 Demo v PES 2016 Demo

It does.

I just wish I would get more players online, who play like that and don´t wanna win by all means.

Been playing like that all the time.
Also used to watch my replay gallery on PES 6 - PES 2013 for hours cause of the nice combinations i managed, to score.

YES, i'm exactly the same. I save so many replays even though often they look like "standard" goals. That's what I love, creating a sweeping move which looks realistic but panned out exactly as i'd wanted. We'll have to have some games when it's released.

I'm making a video at the moment which i'll upload once it's complete. I'm shit at editing but it's just a few things i thought were cool stitched together in sharefactory.

But we play differently. I could probably batter he cpu if i decided to to everything i could to score but that's not what i want from a game. I'll try and do things i'd do as a player or the person i'm controlling would do. IE if i'm using ronaldo, i'll want to use stepovers or a chop, with messi use no touch dribbling, 1-2 etc. This is all affected by the shape i'm in too, i essentially want to recreate something that could be seen in real life but also look amazing.

Maybe an odd way to play a football game but essentially, i'm not bothered about winning. Just recreating something i'm imagining as i have the ball. I think this is why i can't enjoy PES any more, it just can't facilitate these different scenarios like FIFA can. Now the AI is more varied, different situations arise, it's great.

Yes, that's how I play. I always defined that as playing Fifa as an RPG, because I try to replicate what that team/player does in real life. It's great when it works. But we get fustrated easily with the limits of the game engines in terms of tactics.

PES wins hands down on terms of tactics and the behavior of teams while FIFA wins hands down at the action level. But none of them allows us to constantly enjoy the simulation, at the end Fifa gets too repetitive and with PES i end up feeling a bit constrained.

Then you take a look at NBA 2K and sigh. That's a game that tries to replicate the sport at BOTH the action level and the tactical level and where different teams mostly reproduce different types of matches.

PES 2016 reminds me of FIFA 99 with how easy it is to score goals.

Id really like to see you post a video of u playing the full version on superstar and show us how easy it is to score, il be really impressed, sounds like your pretty good.

Last edited:

Wich dificulty level do you guys recomend me to play on Fifa 16.

On the hardest level the way Cpu played was not realistic imo, Barcelona doesnt press, the game felt static, I didint feel the need to turn to the opposite direction while on the ball to give my back to the marker, in order to protect the ball in the midfield, I never felt under pressured, never felt the need to clear the ball, give possession away for the sake of a avoiding dangerous sitution. There wasnt enough physical contact in the midfield.

In comparison to Pes, I still dont see much action in the midfield, no intensity and unpredicability on the fight for ball possession, I found players way too static on their tatical position, no anticipations as an attempt to cut a pass or intercept. To sum up, I dont feel like Fifa really captures the intensity and drama of a high level match like R. madrid vs Barcelona, thats one of the big reasons why the fun factor is much better for me on PES.". Fifa 16 demo, at least on the highest dificilty, felt like a dead game whereas Pes feels alive with all the action in the midfeld, off the ball movement, Ai anticipation, the better intensity and unpredictability on the fight for ball possession.

And I prefer the movement on the ball/dribbling on Pes and theres more individuality. I dont want to sound biased, thats just my honest feelings on both demos.

I'll give a try to Fifa demo, since looks like I'll be forced to buy it too.

Last edited:

Wich dificulty level do you guys recomend me to play on Fifa 16.

On the hardest level the way Cpu played was not realistic imo, Barcelona doesnt press, the game felt static, I didint feel the need to turn to the opposite direction while on the ball to give my back to the marker, in order to protect the ball in the midfield, I never felt under pressured, never felt the need to clear the ball, give possession away for the sake of a avoiding dangerous sitution. There wasnt enough physical contact in the midfield.

In comparison to Pes, I still dont see much action in the midfield, no intensity and unpredicability on the fight for ball possession, I found players way too static on their tatical position, no anticipations as an attempt to cut a pass or intercept. To sum up, I dont feel like Fifa really captures the intensity and drama of a high level match like R. madrid vs Barcelona, thats one of the big reasons why the fun factor is much better for me on PES.". Fifa 16 demo, at least on the highest dificilty, felt like a dead game whereas Pes feels alive with all the action in the midfeld, off the ball movement, Ai anticipation, the better intensity and unpredictability on the fight for ball possession.

And I prefer the movement on the ball/dribbling on Pes and theres more individuality. I dont want to sound biased, thats just my honest feelings on both demos.

I'll give a try to Fifa demo, since looks like I'll be forced to buy it too.

Do you get satisfaction from scoring in PES?

Do you get satisfaction from scoring in PES?

I have been hearing this complaint a lot, and many say is that shooting is bignpart of the problem. I particularly dont have that problem since I have beem playing on manual.

But as for Fifa, I changed my opinion a bit. I improved my defending now using R1to press the man on the ball while sprinting towards a cpu teammate to try to intercept the pass.
The game can become much better when playing as the AWAY TEAM. The Cpu is more agressive, and now that I got better at defending, the game can become more intense, with more physical Battle and with more dispossesions in the midfield.

Something that Im finding sublime in Fifa 16 is that close control with l2 to slow down the game and, hold the ball and waiting for A teamete to move. Close controll animations are beautiful as well. Its a fantastic feature that allows you to controll the pace and better organize your attacking plays, that makes teammates ai movement instantly better as well.

Last edited:

I have been hearing this complaint a lot, and many say is that shooting is bignpart of the problem. I particularly dont have that problem since I have beem playing on manual.

But as for Fifa, I changed my opinion a bit. I improved my defending now using R1to press the man on the ball while sprinting towards a cpu teammate to try to intercept the pass.
The game can become much better when playing as the AWAY TEAM. The Cpu is more agressive, and now that I got better at defending, the game can become more intense, with more physical Battle and with more dispossesions in the midfield.

Something that Im finding sublime in Fifa 16 is that close control with l2 to slow down the game and, hold the ball and waiting for A teamete to move. Close controll animations are beautiful as well. Its a fantastic feature that allows you to controll the pace and better organize your attacking plays, that makes teammates ai movement instantly better as well.

I think that's a big reason complaints come up in the first place. Players of today expect to get the full experience within the first few days of playing a game despite not having ample enough time to learn all of the nuances and features. Defending will be an issue for some, but only because they haven't the patience or tolerance to learn to do it effectively. It will come with time.

For example, I can barely score a goal in Fifa on professional with everything on manual, except for passing, which is semi. I don't blame the game, I attribute it to the fact I haven't been given enough time to get good enough at the game to score 2 or 3 goals a game yet. I'm sure it will come though. The important thing is that I'm enjoying the challenge. I'm enjoying having tough, low-scoring games against the computer AI. It's probably the best football game experience I've ever had.

I think there *are* elements that you don't just adapt to, though, such as the passing requiring so much powering up on semi (most of the time), and the auto-finesse (if it's because a player is using their wrong foot, don't just apply that sidefoot animation to it, and make it a little bit more powerful).

I think there *are* elements that you don't just adapt to, though, such as the passing requiring so much powering up on semi (most of the time), and the auto-finesse (if it's because a player is using their wrong foot, don't just apply that sidefoot animation to it, and make it a little bit more powerful).

I really haven't had any issues with the latter, and if we know that passing requires more powering up than feels natural then over time there is no logical reason as to why we shouldn't be able to be adapt to that.

FIFA isn't a perfect football game, but PES hasn't been satisfying to me for at least two years now. Passing is great, the interplay wonderful, but scoring is just so meh. Empty.

I think that's a big reason complaints come up in the first place. Players of today expect to get the full experience within the first few days of playing a game despite not having ample enough time to learn all of the nuances and features. Defending will be an issue for some, but only because they haven't the patience or tolerance to learn to do it effectively. It will come with time.

For example, I can barely score a goal in Fifa on professional with everything on manual, except for passing, which is semi. I don't blame the game, I attribute it to the fact I haven't been given enough time to get good enough at the game to score 2 or 3 goals a game yet. I'm sure it will come though. The important thing is that I'm enjoying the challenge. I'm enjoying having tough, low-scoring games against the computer AI. It's probably the best football game experience I've ever had.

Nice post.

I admit that, at my first try, I was not very patient, didnt gave the game and myself enough time to better adapt and learn its mechanism (the defending sistem for ex).

But now I understand more how the defenging controll works (for ex. I didint know the use or R1 to press neither I was using circle properly as it is not just a tackle button, its an essential button to get into that physical battle when held down at the right time, something that I was missing a lot at my first try).

I also am more used to the manual passing that I hated at first. I still dont like it much, pes manual passing is much better imo, but now I can put the proper strengh on the ball. I hope it gets improved in the fjnal version, the power bar needs to respond faster.

There are some things here and there that should be tweaked, but Im really enjoying the game now.

Re: FIFA 16 v PES 2016

So I've played the full versions of both, now. My impressions of both, should you care, are below (the FIFA ones are a repeat from a different thread).

FIFA:
+ I played in a pre-season cup game before I went to bed last night, Liverpool (me) vs Ajax (CPU), and it sort of put-to-bed my worries about the AI not being different enough per team.

It was totally unlike the other games I'd played (Liverpool v Everton, Liverpool v Valencia, Newcastle v FC Koln and Accrington Stanley vs IF Elfsborg, which all felt slightly familiar, though the latter game was a much scrappier game).

Ajax played fast, dangerous football and kept trying to hit the wings and the forwards (no idea if that's realistic for Ajax or not, by the way). I couldn't cope and eventually conceded the one goal, to a scrappy header (if there is such a thing), and spent the rest of the game trying to copy them and just get the ball to Ibe or Lallana. I was too late, though - they switched to a much deeper defensive line shortly after half time, and even though I managed 4-5 shots in the space of 15 minutes, their goalkeeper was like a cat.

Really enjoyed that - more than playing online, actually, which felt a bit too "we'll never get through this midfield alive" even for my liking (and I like a midfield game).

+ Those superpower passes have either been turned down in terms of their effectiveness (I've miscontrolled nearly all of them), or they only work with the world's best players most of the time (I don't play as Barca etc.)!

+ Online games, so far, have been slow, difficult games. So far they've needed a bit of intelligence to progress up the pitch. No pacefests. But...

- Pace seems worthless, it seems more pronounced when you're someone who has maybe 80 or so for pace (fast, but not blistering). You should be able to outrun someone, but you really can't.

- Those online games have been hard slogs with possession switching back and forth regularly. I've enjoyed them but I wouldn't say they're what the average Joe would call "fun" because they were almost entirely bogged down in midfield, and I'm predicting a pasting for this in the reviews.

- On the same subject, the defensive AI is so good (and tight to a man), all of the time, that often you'll have the ball in the middle of the pitch and you'll have absolutely nobody to pass to, even behind you. I've given up possession a few times after holding up the ball as long as I could, when nobody was able to get free of their man. Nobody, out of 9 other outfield players.

- The pass power gauge seriously needs looking at. Once, I held down the pass button and powered the bar to its maximum level, and the pass (which wasn't miskicked) was SO BADLY underhit that it travelled 10ft or so when the target was 100ft away. It doesn't make sense, it feels wrong. It dribbled off the end of the guy's boot and straight to the opponent as if he was the intended target.

- Auto-finesse is still there (seems to be related to hitting shots with the wrong foot as Placebo suggested, but results in ridiculous-looking attempts that you absolutely didn't intend, e.g. trying to sidefoot the ball from 40 yards out).

- The "train your players" feature is long-winded and repetitive after the first two times you use it, and there's no "just do all this for me" button - you have to go in, select the five players yourself, select the five drills (there's a large selection that do a large variety of things), then press "go". That whole process takes a couple of minutes every time you finish a game and I'd rather have a coach who does it for me, instead of just not doing it and sacrificing my players improving a little bit more quickly.

- If you decide to play the drills yourself as well, completing them with lower league players can be fucking impossible (though I've not tried them with Premier League players). There's a drill I was playing as Accrington Stanley where you're supposed to make scoring chances or score yourself, 2v2, and the goalkeeper (who's supposed to be a poor goalkeeper remember) fingertip-saves absolutely everything unless it's a world-class shot. In this scenario the keepers also run out when the AI is 100% sure it knows what will happen next, and this is painfully psychic - you can see this when you're past the last defender (but way outside the box), touch the sprint button, and suddenly the keeper bursts onto the screen and perfectly tackles the ball off you like he's an outfield player without you being able to "stop" the sprint and control the ball.

- That's not the worst drill, either. There's one where you have to run between a load of poles and after that, within a 100ft x 50ft area on the pitch, jink past the defender (who, again, is supposed to be as rubbish as you are). I played that drill three times, and it was infuriating. If you let go of sprint and try to control the ball past the defender, he charges into you and you lose the ball. If you try to sprint past him, your pace is worthless (see previous post), and he charges into you and you lose the ball. The ONLY way to get past the guy is if he tries to slide-tackle you and you auto-jump the tackle, and there's nothing you can do as a lower-league player to encourage that - you just have to hope he slides, and you jump.

Those training drill issues don't crop up (as much) in a match, but you can "feel" them in the background when the AI defenders are so much better at winning the ball back easily than you are, and when the goalkeepers have a golden half-hour and save absolutely everything you throw at them.

(Still genuinely enjoying the game, including the AI - I'm overly critical because I'd love the game to be perfect.)

PES: Well, I've got to admit, the full game has surprised me...

Whereas the full game of FIFA is the exact same as the demo gameplay-wise (and that's no bad thing), the full game of PES is definitely different.

The first thing I thought when playing MyClub online for the first time was... IT'S SO SLOW online! Like, FIFA 16 slow!

I was astonished, and excited, and at first I was really pleased that there was a real, fun alternative to FIFA's realistic - but congested and very difficult - gameplay, without being stupidly fast and without being back and forth.

The trouble is, the bloody button lag is still there online, and it kills the game for me. I've just lost 3-1 and two of those goals were from a defender getting the ball and not clearing it while I'm sat there desperately shouting "CLEAR IT YOU FUCKING FUCK".

It's still pretty much constant counter-attacks, but it appears to be toned down a little bit, and although I prefer FIFA's gameplay as a whole, it does feel good to have a few more exciting breaks and the odd winger being able to beat a defender and use his pace to get away.

It's also a bit too "on rails" - the passing particularly - for me to enjoy (I've seen hard-hit passes rebound up from a striker's foot where the striker has just stood there, making no effort to guard the ball, perfectly still, waiting for the ball to drop back down again - you just wouldn't do that, you'd be trying to bring it down and move forward, not standing there like a statue).

It's an improvement from the demo, certainly. I'm really surprised!

Last edited:

Chris

You dont play pes on manual, do you ?

Because that is one aspect that I honestly feel PES is so mucb ahead (manual passing), ite not even funny.

Its the freedom to better dictate the speed of your passes on manual, the more dynamic Ai teammates movements to make some quick, short 1-2s or triangle passes and the better, more simple intuituve dribbling with better individualism that, wth all these combined, making me enjoy pes a lot more, even tho Fifa is not a bad game at all as I thought it qas at my first try.

I think PES is a game that allows me to express myself better, to better plan and varieate my attacking plays. I can simulate Barça play style much better on PES 2016, for example.

Chris

You dont play pes on manual, do you ?

Because that is one aspect that I honestly feel PES is so mucb ahead (manual passing), ite not even funny.

Its the freedom to better dictate the speed of your passes on manual, the more dynamic Ai teammates movements to make some quick, short 1-2s or triangle passes and the better, more simple intuituve dribbling with better individualism that, wth all these combined, making me enjoy pes a lot more, even tho Fifa is not a bad game at all as I thought it qas at my first try.

I think PES is a game that allows me to express myself better, to better plan and varieate my attacking plays. I can simulate Barça play style much better on PES 2016, for example.

This is very odd to me. I find PES manual passes are less free than passes on Semi on FIFA. Short passes are impossible and I don't think players react well to the manual passes. when i try a short 1-2 the second pass always goes to the next player if that makes sense?

To each his own and all that.

I'm not a manual guy sorry, I'm nowhere near patient enough to master it! Semi on FIFA suits me down to the ground, as does assist level 1 on PES.

My only qualms are with the randomly underpowered passes in FIFA which have no reason to happen, and in PES I'm noticing that every now and then the game will delay the action you've requested (e.g. a pass) for 2-3 seconds if you're in the process of being tackled or harassed, which is equally frustrating!

I'm not a manual guy sorry, I'm nowhere near patient enough to master it! Semi on FIFA suits me down to the ground, as does assist level 1 on PES.

My only qualms are with the randomly underpowered passes in FIFA which have no reason to happen, and in PES I'm noticing that every now and then the game will delay the action you've requested (e.g. a pass) for 2-3 seconds if you're in the process of being tackled or harassed, which is equally frustrating!

This is infuriating in PES, especially on manual. I forgot to mention this before but several times i got stuck in an animation after I'd released the pass but you can't change the direction like on FIFA. By the time the animation had ended the player i was passing to had gone and the ball was just booted out of play or to the oppo.:CURSE:

Chris, how are you able to play Fifa? On my Origin, it hasn't been released yet. Is there a different release date?

Chris, how are you able to play Fifa? On my Origin, it hasn't been released yet. Is there a different release date?
EA Access on the Xbox One, you get a week's early access to play the full game for up to ten hours.

EA Access on the Xbox One, you get a week's early access to play the full game for up to ten hours.

Ah that's nice, remember reading about it. I'm on PC, so gotta wait for Sept 24. It's great that you can play online with the EA Access. One question though, are the online lobbies back? Fifa 15 there were no lobbies and I hated it.

Find yourself a VPN, there's plenty of free trials from the various sites and/or free services, (but do not use Hola they're scum who sell your bandwidth to botnets), this is a free one I've used in the past: https://tunnelbroker.net/

Here's a few links to free trials:

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/12229/5-best-vpns-free-trial/
https://www.safervpn.com/vpn-free-trial
http://www.bestvpnproviders.net/free-vpn-trials/

Once you're sorted with your free trial, launch their VPN app, choose USA (or wherever unlocks on the 22nd Mexico is showing as 22nd right now whilst USA isn't), once it says you're connected go here to check your IP: http://whatismyipaddress.com/ if it shows USA/Mexico or what not then just launch Origin and you should be golden!

Find yourself a VPN, there's plenty of free trials from the various sites and/or free services, (but do not use Hola they're scum who sell your bandwidth to botnets), this is a free one I've used in the past: https://tunnelbroker.net/

Here's a few links to free trials:

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/12229/5-best-vpns-free-trial/
https://www.safervpn.com/vpn-free-trial
http://www.bestvpnproviders.net/free-vpn-trials/

Once you're sorted with your free trial, launch their VPN app, choose USA (or wherever unlocks on the 22nd Mexico is showing as 22nd right now whilst USA isn't), once it says you're connected go here to check your IP: http://whatismyipaddress.com/ if it shows USA/Mexico or what not then just launch Origin and you should be golden!
Thanks mate!

I wouldn't like to make snap judgements, but I have just played PES 2016 for the first time. I was actually quite looking forward to it seeing as how well it's done with critics, some calling it the greatest football game of all time. Well, I played it for all of 20 minutes. I think I scored about 6 goals in that game and every time I was like, "cool".

FIFA is a considerably better game. Considerably.

I wouldn't like to make snap judgements, but I have just played PES 2016 for the first time. I was actually quite looking forward to it seeing as how well it's done with critics, some calling it the greatest football game of all time. Well, I played it for all of 20 minutes. I think I scored about 6 goals in that game and every time I was like, "cool".

FIFA is a considerably better game. Considerably.

Yeah, it's real difficult to understand how PES 2016 deserves the praise it's getting. I've been playing it tons since its release, hoping that I'm just missing something, but from what I'm seeing the game has many, many issues.

Ironically it keeps reminding me mostly of FIFA 15 with all the easy goals and poor defending.

I'm going to wait until first patch on FIFA ..I enjoyed the PES demo and disliked FIFA. Then FIFA grew on me so I stopped playing PES. Then I went back to PES and found it difficult to play FIFA as PES allows you to dictate the pace and build up naturally , also FIFA may be slow but PES weight is better. Both have pros and cons..the history of patches suggests PES will improve but will FIFA be patched to oblivion to please the kids

Yeah, it's real difficult to understand how PES 2016 deserves the praise it's getting. I've been playing it tons since its release, hoping that I'm just missing something, but from what I'm seeing the game has many, many issues.

Ironically it keeps reminding me mostly of FIFA 15 with all the easy goals and poor defending.

It's the empty feeling when I score that is by far the biggest issue with the game. I liked FIFA 15. For all of its flaws, it was always satisfying to score goals. It's the most important aspect of any football game - feeling satisfaction when scoring. Scoring is the end game. PES can be as beautiful as it wants to be in the middle of the park, but the final third is dire. Just hollow.

I´m having fun with both.

But I think I haven´t explored much with FIFA 16 yet, as I only played a few matches on the demo, which I found very enjoyable.
So I´m looking forward for the full game.

Started playing PES 2016 yesterday and although I can enjoy it to a specific degree, I always feel something is missing.

Someone here said that the passing in PES feels like a marble on a rail.
That´s what I feel too since PES 2015 actually.
It´s like there are prepared invisible angles and lines on the pitch that are gonna be used every time a pass is taken.
I´m not talking about the long passes, they look better.

But that marble thing wasn´t in the early PES games.
So the passing in general feels better in FIFA to me.
The passing animations are great on PES though.

What I also very very dislike (mentioned in the other thread) are the automated replays for missing goal shots. The angle is way way too close on PES 2016.
On FIFA you have different ones, and a few are zoomed out which looks great.
I hope they sort that out.

Gonna try to get deeper into PES 2016 hoping for the final click and goals that make my fist bump in the air.

Maybe FIFA 16 will do that as FIFA 15 did it.

There's one major issue I find with FIFA vs the CPU. The lines seem to move as 1. I.e. if you're playing against a 4-4-2, the midfield seems to move as a tightly organised unit - if you play PES, you'll see the midfield players press the ball carrier and get pulled out of shape more. So you can get gaps open up which leads to a less predictable buildup in attack. FIFA still feels very samey when you're carrying the ball forward in a passing game. I think it's the only main thing holding it back from truly beating PES on gameplay. FIFA has more variety everywhere on the pitch, except for buildup, and indviduality to an extent. Some players on FIFA do stand out but I think PES shows off better where a player has a certain strength.

Not sure where I'm at to be honest. My mate will be buying FIFA and I'll play it at his place regularly and I have a few other games I'd like to get to. Might even hold off from buying either game for the time being. Will see how my willpower goes lol

Ive always played Pro Evo have been accused of being a troll as i think PES16 is rubish but thats my opinion. To start Fifa has fouls for that reason alone its better than Pes this year. Pes has become a ping pong arcade game.

Back
Top Bottom