FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

what you can say about pes where all teams play in the same way ? Absolute nonsense - so i tried this and its simply not true, played againt chelsea who were full of flair, slick passing and attacking then played against newcastle who were weak at the back, and also parked the bus as i would expect. So to say all teams play the same is rubbish

ball physic to be broken as you describe it- although FIFAs ball physics are better post patch they are still quite bad compared to PES - there's just no comparrison

AI never use dribbling against you - again simply not true i have had multiple instances of AI dribbling past me - normally in the right situation also

PES on rails - i almost stopped reading this at this point , the whole of your post looses all credibility - PES 19 is the most free football game i have played.

Now fifa - running animations is just awful - that jerky run they cant seem to fix, the AI constant tika taka when it needs to score, absolutely zero aggression max 1 or 2 fouls per game (noted by EA) ball physics , well it was like a marble pre patch, slightly better now as above.

Package wise off the pitch EA but on the pitch - no comparison.

Yeah , lack of fouls is problem but EA working on this, at least according to EA tweets

Nothing more to add , i just can't see things you talking about . AI dribbling and different team style is like looking for yeti ;)

,,Package wise off the pitch EA but on the pitch - no comparison''

Why you use so strong words ? its very provocative and it sound like you trying convince yourself that you are right , no offence but ,,no comparison'' is exaggarated. No need to discuss in that way. World is not black and white.

Last edited:
For me, both games have their pros and cons on the pitch. Same old story really, if we could combine both on the field we'd almost have the perfect game. Off the pitch though it's a different story. Career Mode is the the primary reason I play FIFA and not PES anymore. Career Mode isn't perfect but Master League is a big pile of poo, in my opinion.

Yeah , lack of fouls is problem but EA working on this, at least according to EA tweets

Nothing more to add , i just can't see things you talking about . AI dribbling and different team style is like looking for yeti ;)

,,Package wise off the pitch EA but on the pitch - no comparison''

Why you use so strong words ? its very provocative and it sound like you trying convince yourself that you are right , no offence but ,,no comparison'' is exaggarated. No need to discuss in that way. World is not black and white.
I own both so why would I need to convince myself I'd just play the better one. If anything I wish I had convinced myself not to buy fifa on digital but hey oh that's down to me.

Why do people need to have a favourite or support one game over the other?

they're both brilliant and hugely flawed in their own ways but they both play a great game of football.

We're lucky we've got two good games this year.

Why do people need to have a favourite or support one game over the other?

they're both brilliant and hugely flawed in their own ways but they both play a great game of football.

We're lucky we've got two good games this year.
I know personally I have to play one or another, in the same way I can't play and switch between two Career Mode saves at one time. Perhaps that's me imposing my own rules on it but I can't enjoy it when I jump in and out of them; sort of like it has to be canon.

You can't possibly believe that, mate. Nobody wants to lose money instead of admitting they were wrong.
I was wrong buying PES, I'll give you that. But I never wanted it to fail (still don't want it to).
Spending money on something doesn't necessarily mean that you may stop being negatively prejudged about it.
It doesn't mean that you want it to fail but still you won't easily admit or see positive changes if you didn't like it much in the first place.

You have people here saying that only GKs changed after the patch and nothing else,when that's not true and more things have improved.Also they say that ball physics are not good enough in Fifa but they don't mind because they don't notice it(??..lol..) but at the same time they bash Pes for something else because apparently there they notice it somehow..lol

Also how the fuck can you not notice and bugged by ball physics?The ball is like the most important thing in a football game.They just describe things how it suits them and see or don't see things when they want to see them or not.Ok...
Also saying that something failed just means that it failed for your standards.It doesn't mean that it failed in general.
For someone else standards it may be very good.I was only playing online until now so the AI was not an issue for me.
Now that it improved offline also as the vast majority of people are mentioning i may start a ML also but i'm good with myclub for now.There is a different interest in playing versus real people.

If you think you were wrong buying it you can just skip it next time.You were saying you wouldn't buy it and when people told you that you'll buy it eventually you were saying that you won't because of ethical reasons,and in the end you bought it lol.Better not make big statements next time.

Anyway..this whole comparison thing is boring to take it seriously.Anyone can play what he likes most and enjoy it for what it is.It's not that we have many options.If you dislike something more in one of them,then you'll have to stick with the other even if it's not perfect.

I take Pes as a fun and addictive simcade with many sim elements in terms of movement,animations and ball physics,where Fifa tries to be more sim with more flexibility overall,but fails because of jerky jelly movement and questionable ball physics.For me the movement and physics are more important than if Southampton will play differently than Swansea.The movement,the ball and the passing are the core elements of a match you play.

Lol.. seriously. He repeats the same arguments over and over again, every time with some bit more passive aggressiveness like the unnecessary personal jabs.

Give it a rest man, it's starting to turn not only boring but also kinda annoying

I don't buy this PES having "far better" physics or anything like that. They might be better to a degree in the visual/aesthetic sense, but that's mostly all it is, a pass looks a bit better as it moves across the pitch, or a long ball hangs in the air in a nicer way, but it doesn't really give you any more freedom to express yourself, PA1 is still far too ridgid. FIFA has better physics in a functional sense, especially when it comes to the near infinite variation in shot physics/outcomes. It's quite ironic that the roles have reversed so much, where people who prefer PES are now more concerned with form over function.

He’s unstable.
Nice...
Being offended and saying that i insulted you by calling you Yuri Geller and now you're calling me unstable and it's all good huh?...
I wonder if the mods will show the same sensibility now...Cause unstable is indeed an insult...
I'm being repetitive and annoying? lol
I hardly even post here anymore.Maybe 1-2 posts a week and if.
I don't see you saying the same to the people who post more regularly and repeating that they don't see any changes after the patch.So once again y'all keep seeing what you want to see and ignoring what you don't.
I can post whatever i want and whenever i want as long as i don't insult anyone...like you just did...
So stop being salty and just don't read my posts if you don't like to.
Also stop acting like a weird stalker and replying to literally every comment i make lol.

Nice...
Being offended and saying that i insulted you by calling you Yuri Geller and now you're calling me unstable and it's all good huh?...
I wonder if the mods will show the same sensibility now...Cause unstable is indeed an insult...
I'm being repetitive and annoying? lol
I hardly even post here anymore.Maybe 1-2 posts a week and if.
I don't see you saying the same to the people who post more regularly and repeating that they don't see any changes after the patch.So once again y'all keep seeing what you want to see and ignoring what you don't.
I can post whatever i want and whenever i want as long as i don't insult anyone...like you just did...
So stop being salty and just don't read my posts if you don't like to.
Also stop acting like a weird stalker and replying to literally every comment i make lol.
Give it a rest dude it’s only a game.

Give it a rest dude it’s only a game.
Haha...Ok...
I even replied you about some Konami's lack of new Scottish stadiums some days ago,so no hard feelings from my side..
It's you who keep mentioning on me all the time for some reason..
So i'm giving it a rest from now on..Let's see if you'll do the same..

Haha...Ok...
I even replied you about some Konami's lack of new Scottish stadiums some days ago,so no hard feelings from my side..
It's you who keep mentioning on me all the time for some reason..
So i'm giving it a rest from now on..Let's see if you'll do the same..
No worries and sorry if you think I am picking on you, don’t mean to.

Today i watched LALIGA match RM v Barca. Keepers in Pes 2019 looks more realistic than Fifa 19. They dives more natural in Pes. In Fifa they are acrobatic too much.
Funny you say that, I watched Man United v Everton and saw Everton giving the ball away time and time again by hitting passes too long, and simply missing the pass target by yards either side - something I've never seen in PES (except when the AI just kicks the ball out of play)...

The ball just isn't loose in PES. Someone put a video replay of a header up on Twitter before, and you can see by the abruptness of the camera how every movement is on rails. The ball instantly changes direction as it hits the striker's head, no acceleration, just full-speed immediately - and it never *just* misses the player's head. It's all perfect.

The ball instantly changes direction as it hits the striker's head, no acceleration, just full-speed immediately - and it never *just* misses the player's head. It's all perfect.
Still the best ball physics a football game has ever had. Talking about Fifa 19 and headers, it's almost unfair how realistic they look in Pes compared to those Fifa 19 overpowered headers that totally defy physics.

Praising the keeper animations in PES is not a good idea. They need work and Konami needs to know that. FIFA's are the benchmark.

Pes 2019 + Fifa 19 keepers = perfect.
What about FIFA's tactics that mean something? AI team variety? Player individuality? Attributes that make a difference? Career mode depth (not amazing, but still better)? Stadium quantity?

The only thing you'd take are the keepers? Really?

What about FIFA's tactics that mean something? AI team variety? Player individuality? Attributes that make a difference? Career mode depth (not amazing, but still better)? Stadium quantity?

The only thing you'd take are the keepers? Really?
Career Mode depth? Every team still plays like Man City on steroids unless you’re on Pro difficulty, then every match is way too easy.

Depth off the pitch, sure. But on the pitch it’s as shallow as ever.

Depth off the pitch, sure. But on the pitch it’s as shallow as ever.
A) It was that off-the-pitch depth I was referring to, B) it says something that of all my points there, that was the only one you could argue against, and C) this post is entirely missing the point anyway.

I wasn't saying FIFA is perfect - it's not - or even that it's better. I was merely saying that, to say you'd only take one thing from it, is ignorance. To suggest FIFA does literally nothing right other than one thing is absolute nonsense, even if you don't like the game or can't play it because of the difficulty level problems (which I wouldn't deny are there, because I'm not a fanboy, and enough people have reported this for it to be a serious issue).

If I took just one example - the last match I saw, Man Utd v Everton - the away team kept misplacing passes, hitting them too far (without just kicking them out of play, which seems to be the only "misplacement" PES does), hitting them wide. That to me (but not to everyone, and that's fine) is so important - for passes not to be 100% perfect all of the time, on-rails and "computer gamey".

Not to mention players going on long dribbles, and taking shots other than high blasts at the goal. PES isn't perfect, and neither's FIFA, but FIFA does a hell of a lot right. That's the point I was making.

The discussion here clearly shows the frustration and divisions both these games have produced this year within the community and I share those frustrations.
I can and do enjoy both games but sincerely wish I did not have to choose. Moving from one to another is annoying and something I could do without at my time of life, however, for all that, I do appreciate the fact that we are probably nearer to a decent game with either franchise than we probably could have expected. I'm not sure if an offline experience is something either company will pursue to any great depth in future. My guess is with new consoles probably a couple of years down the road we will be ok until then. Just look at the single player interest RDR2 has generated. 5 years in the making! Now if only Rockstar made a football game. Wow!!

A) It was that off-the-pitch depth I was referring to, B) it says something that of all my points there, that was the only one you could argue against, and C) this post is entirely missing the point anyway.

I wasn't saying FIFA is perfect - it's not - or even that it's better. I was merely saying that, to say you'd only take one thing from it, is ignorance. To suggest FIFA does literally nothing right other than one thing is absolute nonsense, even if you don't like the game or can't play it because of the difficulty level problems (which I wouldn't deny are there, because I'm not a fanboy, and enough people have reported this for it to be a serious issue).
I definitely agree with you. Fifa has a load going for it this year, it had better reviews across the board for a reason.

Keepers are dodgy on both games this year anyway.

I definitely agree with you. Fifa has a load going for it this year, it had better reviews across the board for a reason.

Keepers are dodgy on both games this year anyway.
My issue is, PES has a path now and there's no getting away from it. The PES philosophy is that misplaced passes and poor contacts in the ball don't belong in a football game which serves as a "football fantasy".

It's difficult to argue with that really! And, in all honesty, I'd rather PES and FIFA were different games, otherwise we'd have no choice - and because of this choice which affects all the basics, they are absolutely different.

But it's just not for me - when I watch a game of Premier League football, the pace, the physicality, the poor touches (even in the "best league in the world"), the melees in the box where players will all clatter into each other in desperation... FIFA represents so much more of that, of real football. To me.

IMO, PES is football if everyone was 100% focused and brilliant all of the time. So I can't get on board with it - but from a philosophy standpoint it's no better or worse than FIFA. It's a 90 minute match being distilled into 12 minutes (by default) - you have to make something unrealistic. Otherwise every game would be 0-0.

If passing is overpowered (PES, IMO), you can afford to make shots miss more often, and make shooting more difficult. If passing is more difficult (FIFA, IMO), you make defending underpowered (which I don't like) or shooting overpowered, to guarantee a few goals.

As I've said before, it's purely a matter of taste (or rather, what you want most out of a football game).

That being said, my big hope for FIFA is that they make the game offline a lot more challenging for the guys (like you) finding it too easy, because of course, I wouldn't play a game that I was winning every game without issue. That's not football either!

Whether they will or not remains to be seen - well, they probably won't. I got a nice response about a tweet I made begging to be able to turn "form" off in the career mode, but I imagine it was just a smile and a nod.

But if I was in the situation where every game was too easy - I'd play this PES a lot more. No question.

Pretty much spot on at the end of the day play the game that makes you go back for more. Currently and patches can change things PES is the game that i get on with and i think its just purely down to the flow of the game and the way the ball moves and the players move. I just prefer it.

When i score in FIFA i dont get any enjoyment out of it for what ever reason , where as in PES it makes me want punch the air when i turn a defender and smash one in the bottom corner.

Back
Top Bottom