FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Hi there. I hope someone can help.
I just got a copy of the game and loaded it up.
whilst playing, the pitch is bright green. It looks terrible. Is there a setting in the game like in 22 to tone down the brightness of the pitch and if so, where can I find the setting.
Thanks in advance

Pitch colour can be adjusted in the game settings under match. This will help to make it less green. Also in the home menu you can adjust video calibration. Hdr brightness might be too high.. hope these help

Hi!! Is anybody notice same strange things. I play career mode Bundesliga and hole season the's about 70-80% match are in rain condition!? EA SPORT it's in the game.. :APPLAUD:
You can change the weather yourself in the settings menu before the match if you want to.

Monday marks the beginning of May. If I remember back to Fifa 19, May is when the Women's World Cup update came out, so the 23 version shouldn't be far away. My hopes are low, especially since seeing what we got for the men's tournament. The irony is that if they add the same as that men's tournament, it would actually be an improvement on 2019 🤣

Monday marks the beginning of May. If I remember back to Fifa 19, May is when the Women's World Cup update came out, so the 23 version shouldn't be far away. My hopes are low, especially since seeing what we got for the men's tournament. The irony is that if they add the same as that men's tournament, it would actually be an improvement on 2019 🤣
The 2019 Women's World Cup began on June 7th, while the 2023 Women's World Cup will begin on July 20th, so I don't think we will be seeing the patch before July this time.

The 2019 Women's World Cup began on June 7th, while the 2023 Women's World Cup will begin on July 20th, so I don't think we will be seeing the patch before July this time.
Not sure about that tbh, as July will probably be when the build-up for EA Sports FC 24 will be starting in anger. Don't think EA have ever done a major update for a game after the traditional season has ended. Be disappointing if it appears to be true

Hey quick question, does anyone know what happened to the NWSL teams? I swear they were in for a bit, could even choose their kits in Pro Clubs, now I can't find any of them. Just women's international, English teams, and rest of the world or whatever, I think.

Hey quick question, does anyone know what happened to the NWSL teams? I swear they were in for a bit, could even choose their kits in Pro Clubs, now I can't find any of them. Just women's international, English teams, and rest of the world or whatever, I think.
Still there

Attachments

• 187f0fb540b17-screenshotUrl.jpg
    187f0fb540b17-screenshotUrl.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 12
I played a 7 year old kid at FIFA23, yesterday, and…lost 😞Let me put this in context.

I haven’t played FIFA for a year, but I used to be very good at FIFA when the game was better and the other 10 players you can’t control didn’t just stand motionless and do nothing. Now the game is basically 1v1 and all about counters and goals. It’s irrelevant that I knew what he would do, I was helpless defensively. I can think faster than him and make better decisions on and off ball, but all that means nothing in FIFA 23’s world, cos they’ve consciously created a game that caters to thoughtless button mashing.

We were drawing 4-4 at half-time, ffs, think was 6-5 at the end. It’s not football in any sense.

I played the first ISS Pro Evo on PS1 after and that ancient game mimics football 100 times better. Realistic tempo, actual tackles and midfield battle, you can’t just hold sprint down and mash the auto laser pass button thoughtlessly, or you’ll lose the ball in a second. You have to make good decisions, or you won’t score and you’ll concede, every goal is unique etc.

If that kid played ISS Pro Evo for a year he could never beat me. That’s the difference. Pro Evo rewards football skill and intelligence, FIFA 23 rewards counters, speedy players and thoughtless repetitions.

Last edited:
It’s irrelevant that I knew what he would do, I was helpless defensively.
You were helpless defensively because you're not playing the game regularly. With more practice, you'd easily keep a clean sheet against a 7 year old.

There's no denying that when it looks good, it looks amazing (and vice versa, which is what kills it for me - when it's bad, it's not even close to looking like a game on planet Earth).

There's so much potential... I really, really hope the EASFC crew give us Career Mode players much more help to make the defensive AI more engaged and to pump up the realism. This clip gives me a tiny bit of hope.

The sliders for anyone interested:

why is every shot going through my keeper? its like hes got chocolate wrists!
Yeah, I've been trying to get into a Player Career game and I uploaded a clip of this yesterday (but I was the scorer).

I don't see how anyone can feel satisfaction from winning in this mode - and the other modes obviously - when 1) defenders very, very blatantly run away from the ball carrier, and 2) goalkeepers simply don't try.

So often they could simply put their hands straight ahead and block the shot... but they fall backwards...

Its still got some good moments but since the update its back to hyper fast, laser precision passing from the ai, weak keepers and skatey players.

Sigh.

They’ve absolutely fucked this game now after the last patch. It’s played at the speed of light! What’s worse is your defenders go awol.

it’s completely unplayable now.

Back
Top Bottom