FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Looks like you can pick a player to become a manager in FIFA 20, weird...

Well, you could always retire your player in player career mode which would turn him into a manager. This year probably the player face is also being used for the manager in this case because you aren't dependent on the generic manager models anymore.

@Chris Davies well if this is true its more like fix,i remember on fifa 19 i was playing player carrer as buffon i retired and my face changed to random face instead of keeping the buffon face as manager,i guess this is "fix" for that,unless this is something else

Played first game just as a kick off match.
Gameplays slowed for the better, players with pace still feel faster than slower how it should be.
Refs are finally stricter more fouls 3 yellow cards in my 4 minute half game and a penalty given.

Pretty much every tester on Twitter is saying "it's just a sluggish FIFA 19, if you didn't think it could get worse then get ready, it's way too slow" and I could fucking scream. It'll be back to full speed come September.

Pretty much every tester on Twitter is saying "it's just a sluggish FIFA 19, if you didn't think it could get worse then get ready, it's way too slow" and I could fucking scream. It'll be back to full speed come September.

Chris, for ages now you've been wishing for EA to segregate the player base between arcade and realism. They've finally done that by introducing Volta - which apparently the arcaders/skillers are loving - so now we can just hope that EA sticks to its guns. Apparently that's EA's strategy, so fingers crossed.

So far so good playing as Forest on legendary in the premiership replaced Burnley.
Player movement off the ball is great.
Ball spin is very noticing if it drops down and is spinning it will change direction like a ball would.
More fouls but only played preseason tournament will check tommorow how it goes in the premiership.
Noticed fans cheering a lot around the stadium and there was a Mexican wave during one game.
Goalkeepers are spilling longships more often but in a realistic manner and ball moving to a realistic random space so forwards or defenders can both benefit.

Had a deflected shot by a defenders foot spin over an already diving keeper for a goal very realistic and old school PES like.
Got a bunch of players question why I put them on the transfer list some were upset, some confused and even some happy that I did nice touch.

Ok that’s all for tonight first game against Newcastle tomorrow any questions feel free I’ll try to answer all

So far so good playing as Forest on legendary in the premiership replaced Burnley.
Ball spin is very noticing if it drops down and is spinning it will change direction like a ball would.
More fouls but only played preseason tournament will check tommorow how it goes in the premiership.
Noticed fans cheering a lot around the stadium and there was a Mexican wave during one game.
Goalkeepers are spilling longships more often but in a realistic manner and ball moving to a realistic random space so forwards or defenders can both benefit.

Had a deflected shot by a defenders foot spin over an already diving keeper for a goal very realistic and old school PES like.
Got a bunch of players question why I put them on the transfer list some were upset, some confused and even some happy that I did nice touch.

Ok that’s all for tonight first game against Newcastle tomorrow any questions feel free I’ll try to answer all

Thanks for this. Personally I have two main concerns:
  • First, just how is defending now? Are balls going back to attackers? What's the balance like between manual and AI? Most importantly, is the AI strong in defense?
  • Two is can you tell any difference in the overall challenge? Is it (hopefully) more difficult this year, especially when attacking against the CPU?
Thanks man. Look forward to hearing your impressions.

What do you make of the CPU AI? In fifa 16/17 they build up normally and it felt like a football match but in fifa 18/19 it was mostly everyone bombing forward or 1 pass to their striker. Is there any midfield or is it just final third action?

You should definitely try the EPL too at some point, because fifa 19 was also quite decent when playing in a lower league, but it got silly fast with top teams.

I'd also look for any changes to the tactical system. 19 was plagued with teams that refused to press and let you play keep ball even when losing (I could spam ground passes with my eyes closed and I'd hold on to the win, assuming I didn't fall asleep), while other teams pressed like mad even when winning.

Last edited:
What do you make of the CPU AI? In fifa 16/17 they build up normally and it felt like a football match but in fifa 18/19 it was mostly everyone bombing forward or 1 pass to their striker. Is there any midfield or is it just final third action?
This is a big one for me too @embraceuk1 - I've played FIFA 16 recently and the AI will occasionally have to pass across the midfield line before being able to create an attack. Every FIFA since (and now PES too it would seem) is just "pass in straight lines forward and attack".

Ah Jesus, Frostbite needs to die.
That second video is hilarious. Those FUT kits by the way are shambolic.

This is the least excited I’ve been about Fifa for a long time. I’m still convinced the game will be super easy again because of the borked engine.

Ok this bit from reddit sounds really promising:
"Second was a full team press, high pressure, 24/7 sprint super sweat magician who absolutely suffocated me for 60 minutes and went 2-0 up, then found his now zero-stamina team strangely making tons of mistakes and being bullied all to hell. I imagine he'll show up on here to complain that he had 16 shots to my 5 and I won 3-2."

Is it possible to put angle on the camera views?

Can somebody check to see how many Italian teams are licensed and if the new bundesliga stadiums have been added

Last edited:
FROST-FUCKING-BITE.

If they don't switch the engine for FIFA 2021, FIFA will be eaten alive. Competition's getting stronger.
Frostbite has the most incredible lighting and graphics in Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 5 but with Fifa is the most dull lifeless looking game. Is it really the engine to blame and not the devs using the engine?

Frostbite has the most incredible lighting and graphics in Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 5 but with Fifa is the most dull lifeless looking game. Is it really the engine to blame and not the devs using the engine?

The engine was not developed with sport games in mind.

The engine was not developed with sport games in mind.
Exactly this ^

The game has played and looked like shit since Frostbite IMO.

It’s bizarre that EA persist with it. Can’t they have a dedicated engine created for FIFA? Surely it’s their biggest franchise and highest selling title? (I’m speculating here.)

Back
Top Bottom