FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Man, reading the FUT Pitch Notes and you can't help but come away thinking that FUT is now becoming the more robust management mode in FIFA. Shit, they're even now adding some limited tactical info about upcoming opponents - something we've been wishing for in CM for years (though you have to wonder if it'll come to CM too).

CM is so poor as is, if there's not substantial additions this year you have to wonder if EA is planning on phasing out CM and having FUT as both its primary single player and multiplayer mode. It's not as if they'd need to add much to FUT to make it a more robust single player experience than what CM currently is.

So all those extra licenced stadiums have to be the bundesliga ones right?

Early rumors have been that the bundesliga will get the EPL and La Liga treatment this year, so makes sense. Plus that could very well be the "assets" that they mentioned weren't quite ready yet, pushing back CM news.

Big CM news last year was Champions League bullshit. This year maybe it's the same but Bundesliga.

Lets see. 19 new ones. We have saw there will be Bay Arena + Monchengladbach, Hertha, Dortmund and Schalke previously (minus Bayern M) = 12 new.
Also Sheffield new in EPL thats 13.
Lyon added thats 14.
I guess new Spanish also Mallorca, Osasuna and Granada and we miss Real Valladolid since last year including them thats 18.
So there should be 1 more. Or i miss some?

Lets see. 19 new ones. We have saw there will be Bay Arena + Monchengladbach, Hertha, Dortmund and Schalke previously (minus Bayern M) = 12 new.
Also Sheffield new in EPL thats 13.
Lyon added thats 14.
I guess new Spanish also Mallorca, Osasuna and Granada and we miss Real Valladolid since last year including them thats 18.
So there should be 1 more. Or i miss some?

champions league final stadium Benfica or isnt there and argentinian team with a new stadium?

Last edited:
Could possibly be fake, but I don't think the Serie A license gives you access to every team - only the league name, badges, ball etc. (it's an odd license where you still have to negotiate with each individual team, isn't it?).

Could be wrong! As for Scotland being missing, part of me wonders if Konami have made it an "exclusive license". You'd think that we would have heard about that by now if that were the case - and yet we've still not been told by Konami that Serie A is licensed (we've only realised it ourselves when, for example, they've put out a cover with the logo on a sleeve)...

Revisiting that tweet - there are loads missing, surely. All Scandinavian leagues for starters. Chile. Colombia. All the old favourites I raid year on year in CM.

Mystery Ball - who's that for? Answering a question that no-one asked.

Presented without comment, because there'll always be someone who defends their shady practices, for reasons I'll never understand.

Eurogamer: From child gambling to women in Ultimate Team, EA Sports refuses to budge

You say without comment... then immediately after provide commentary lol.

FUT is exploitative and manipulative. At the same time, FUT across all games accounts for more than 20 percent of the entire company's revenue.

So yeah, no surprises here.

What do you think the solution is? Make it so you can't buy packs unless you prove that you're an adult, or is there more to it for you?
As a gamer, I just hate that it exists, but I know that because there's so much money in it, it will never go away. You could discount this as a silly cartoon but it's not - this is how it all started, and this is still the truth. It generates so much money, but none of it goes back into development - just straight into back-pockets.

Again, taking all legal/gambling arguments away, I hate that it exists because it means you don't start Ultimate Team with a bronze team and work your way up against other bronze teams, which is how it was when it started. I used to enjoy it. Me. Mr. Offline.

Now you pretty much start with a full gold, world-beating team from day one. Which, to me, is 90% of the fun gone. Even if I want to play an all-bronze team, I'll never come up against another all-bronze team. I'll just get murdered by L3g3ndZ Un1t3d.

Speaking of which, guys like me can fucking for-get ever getting a "classic player". I can't invest the ridiculous hours, grinding and grinding, saying goodbye to the girlfriend and the social life, to get enough coins (and keep paying contracts etc.) to get one. "Hey, guys like you! There's a solution! Get your credit card, buddy!"

No. I'll just not play your game instead. You will not force me into having a fighting chance by making me pay twice for your game. Put me against other FUT players who don't spend money, that'd be fair. Oh wait. Who gives a fuck about fair when there's money to be made?

THIS is where I get to kids buying it etc... I (tragically) care more about the above, and would rather any connection to real-world money was banned. It's supposed to be a game.

People are morons. Morons have kids, and kids inevitably know more about this stuff than their parents, who might assume "microtransactions" are what it's called when you buy Skittles with your credit card.

To shift the blame entirely as EA does is pretty disgusting. Last time EA had a big problem here (when coins were getting stolen from people's accounts), they took action. They added that (really annoying) security screen that comes up every time you log into FUT for the first time, where you specify your secret question and answer. An extra level of security.

Another huge problem arrives. Child / problem gamblers. What are they doing about this one? The biggest source of their income? Nothing. "You can lock it down on the console." Yeah you can, but A) you have to be a little tech savvy to set that up, B) parents will (I think reasonably fairly) assume it's difficult to spend $1,000 on a game without something raising an alarm and/or rejecting the payment, and C) you advertise to children, and specifically Ultimate Team in some instances - therefore, this responsibility is firmly on your shoulders.

What can they do? Limit spending to X per day, for a start. If someone wants to break that limit, they've got a problem and they need help. So be the good guys.

As a gamer, I just hate that it exists, but I know that because there's so much money in it, it will never go away. You could discount this as a silly cartoon but it's not - this is how it all started, and this is still the truth. It generates so much money, but none of it goes back into development - just straight into back-pockets.

Again, taking all legal/gambling arguments away, I hate that it exists because it means you don't start Ultimate Team with a bronze team and work your way up against other bronze teams, which is how it was when it started. I used to enjoy it. Me. Mr. Offline.

Now you pretty much start with a full gold, world-beating team from day one. Which, to me, is 90% of the fun gone. Even if I want to play an all-bronze team, I'll never come up against another all-bronze team. I'll just get murdered by L3g3ndZ Un1t3d.

Speaking of which, guys like me can fucking for-get ever getting a "classic player". I can't invest the ridiculous hours, grinding and grinding, saying goodbye to the girlfriend and the social life, to get enough coins (and keep paying contracts etc.) to get one. "Hey, guys like you! There's a solution! Get your credit card, buddy!"

No. I'll just not play your game instead. You will not force me into having a fighting chance by making me pay twice for your game. Put me against other FUT players who don't spend money, that'd be fair. Oh wait. There are none.

THIS is where I get to kids buying it etc... I (tragically) care more about the above, and would rather any connection to real-world money was banned. It's supposed to be a game.

People are morons. Morons have kids, and kids inevitably know more about this stuff than their parents, who might assume "microtransactions" are what it's called when you buy Skittles with your credit card.

To shift the blame entirely as EA does is pretty disgusting. Last time EA had a big problem here (when coins were getting stolen from people's accounts), they took action. They added that (really annoying) security screen that comes up every time you log into FUT for the first time, where you specify your secret question and answer. An extra level of security.

Another huge problem arrives. What are they doing about this one? The biggest source of their income? Nothing. "You can lock it down on the console." Yeah you can, but A) you have to be a little tech savvy to set that up, B) parents will (I think reasonably fairly) assume it's difficult to spend $1,000 on a game without something raising an alarm and/or rejecting the payment, and C) you advertise to children, and specifically Ultimate Team in some instances - therefore, this responsibility is firmly on your shoulders.

What can they do? Limit spending to X per day, for a start.

Totally agree about the microtransactions but very much disagree about your comparisons of FUT now vs how it started.

Basically you're criticizing FUT for not being more like CM, where you (if you choose) start at bottom and work yourself up. But one, that's not what FUT is - it's about playing with your Ultimate Team - and two, and maybe more importantly, you still build from a crappy team - it's just that the starting and end points have shifted. Bronze teams are now the new basic gold teams, and you absolutely do not start with a world beating team - especially relative to what you can now achieve with all the supped up cards and Icons, etc.

And yes, FUT is very much Pay2Win... but that's really only if you want to compete at the elite level. I reached Div II and was just on the cusp of Div I when I quit last year without having a god squad, no Icons, no classic players, etc. I think my best player was Xmas Firmino.

I'm right there with you on the microtransactions bit, but for me FUT is a pretty brilliant game mode now and far better than it was when it started. For me the problem is just the gameplay.

Thats the new gamemode Mystery Ball. Where at random times ''Boosts'' are activated.

Changing at each stoppage in play, Mystery Ball gives the attacking side boosts to their Passing, Shooting, Dribbling, Speed, or All attributes, adding an element of unpredictability to every match.
Shows you a bit how the game is coded.

Nooooooooo!!! It cannot be true :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:
No fucking way.

Thats the new gamemode Mystery Ball. Where at random times ''Boosts'' are activated.

Changing at each stoppage in play, Mystery Ball gives the attacking side boosts to their Passing, Shooting, Dribbling, Speed, or All attributes, adding an element of unpredictability to every match.
Shows you a bit how the game is coded.

Holy.. :D hahaha! OMG.. looks like they searching more wait to involved more microtransactions in FIFA and more kids to empty their parents' bank accounts... Volta will be full with crap like this one. FIFA always was arcade mess, will be the pick of this madness.

Holy.. :D hahaha! OMG.. looks like they searching more wait to involved more microtransactions in FIFA and more kids to empty their parents' bank accounts... Volta will be full with crap like this one. FIFA always was arcade mess, will be the pick of this madness.

It is just in one game mode, Friendlies and not a competitive one.

I don't mind couch mode style games like this. At least this year they have made it online as well as offline.

FIFA is clearly pay to win but since I am not able not interested in becoming a pro, it really doesn't affect me. If people want to spend their money on players it is up to them.

If I did want to be a pro and I was naturally good enough to play at the top of FIFA, I would invest money in it just like a budding tennis player would invest money in coaching/gear etc.

FIFA when the game plays well is an enjoyable game.

I was thinking about the VOLTA (FIFA-STREET) mode that will be introduced this year while I was taking a shower yesterday night -yeah, I'm THAT obsessed with football and football games- and this thought sort of popped up in my head. What if EA is just putting this out there and see if it becomes popular enough so that they can create a VOLTA ULTIMATE TEAM mode as well? That'd mean more kids hooked up spending money. But on two game modes instead of just one.

I was thinking about the VOLTA (FIFA-STREET) mode that will be introduced this year while I was taking a shower yesterday night -yeah, I'm THAT obsessed with football and football games- and this thought sort of popped up in my head. What if EA is just putting this out there and see if it becomes popular enough so that they can create a VOLTA ULTIMATE TEAM mode as well? That'd mean more kids hooked up spending money. But on two game modes instead of just one.

I think the rumor is they'll add microtransactions down the road but it'll be different than FUT, as to experiment with different monetization method that's more inline with the trend to move away from lootboxes and toward visual customization options, like what most games are doing now.

Regardless, personally I'm praying that Volta will become a place for the skillers and allow for the real game to be more focused on realism. One can hope I guess.

Wait, volta has no microsactions from the get? Im surprised. I thought theyd definetely be monetising the clothing street wear aspect of volta

Yep. Volta won't have microtransactions at release. Down the road we don't know yet, but it is EA...

You could discount this as a silly cartoon but it's not - this is how it all started, and this is still the truth.

The problem is right there in the cartoons ! its not the exec's, its the "literally pile of garbage", "honey where is my credit card".

You can't change this, and you shouldn't ! Next thing you know there will be regulations for everything, and it will be a slippery slope down ! ( next thing you will know you can't kill daemons on Doom Eternal, because daemons are people too )
What should change, for the best of everything, is people knowing what they want and what they need, and stop being so dumb.
If kids are buying this and spending all this money on "virtual things", my worry doesn't go into EA, but to what are parents teaching/educating kids these days. Really... kid wants to spend all its money on "xyz" on FUT. Something failed in the parenting !

I am not defending this should happen. Actually, I am completely amazed as how they are getting away with it. But, I don't see EA as the biggest faulty party here!

The problem is right there in the cartoons ! its not the exec's, its the "literally pile of garbage", "honey where is my credit card".

You can't change this, and you shouldn't ! Next thing you know there will be regulations for everything, and it will be a slippery slope down ! ( next thing you will know you can't kill daemons on Doom Eternal, because daemons are people too )
What should change, for the best of everything, is people knowing what they want and what they need, and stop being so dumb.
If kids are buying this and spending all this money on "virtual things", my worry doesn't go into EA, but to what are parents teaching/educating kids these days. Really... kid wants to spend all its money on "xyz" on FUT. Something failed in the parenting !

I am not defending this should happen. Actually, I am completely amazed as how they are getting away with it. But, I don't see EA as the biggest faulty party here!
This 100%

Back
Top Bottom