FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Anyone think EA delayed the career news because they hadn't got any to begin with but the backlash from losing Juventus has kicked them into action to actually add something ?

Career mode hasn't changed for years, except for the shitty goals which don't have any bearing on anything.

The things I want added are probably not what everyone wants, and unless you play FM they are probably aren't even an issue for some.

But I would like the FIFA career mode to more resemble Ultimate Soccer Manager if anyone remembers that.
Where you can upgrade the stadium, so you don't play at Town Park in the Champions League.
Build training and youth facilities that the quality of Youth facilities and Training have an impact on the score given during training.
Although I would like to see marginal improvements in all players, rather than 5 sessions a week. Where the big flaw in the current system if you get a youth player you can train them every session, every week and end up with a world beater at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Anyone think EA delayed the career news because they hadn't got any to begin with but the backlash from losing Juventus has kicked them into action to actually add something ?
Nope!
Why would they?
It's not their livelihood nowadays!
It will probably be a rinse and repeat job like Fifa 17-18-19.
Would like to be very wrong though

i read somewhere that they delayed it so they can try to figure it out about romanian and czech league maybe
so they can say "new features in carrer mode" 2 new leagues

Let me share a notice about Fifa in general.
When i play skill games animations look great, seamless and very smooth.
But when i play a regural match, i see a lot of choppy/clunky movement.
This happens in FIFA 16, 17, 18 , 19 for sure.

Is that any kind of LOD that reduces animation quality?

I'm hoping CM will now include a bunch of features copied and pasted from the three years of story mode, and I'd be ok with that it had some good stuff that should have been in CM as well.

I would love a day where Manager career mode and player career mode can be linked back together, one of my favourite things in CM was to create one of the real life academy players and use him in my CM whilst improving him and unlocking the traits and things like that, so annoying they took that out.

I'm hoping CM will now include a bunch of features copied and pasted from the three years of story mode, and I'd be ok with that it had some good stuff that should have been in CM as well.

I would love a day where Manager career mode and player career mode can be linked back together, one of my favourite things in CM was to create one of the real life academy players and use him in my CM whilst improving him and unlocking the traits and things like that, so annoying they took that out.

I remember those brief, what, two years(?) when we could create a player, upload our own faces, and then grow them through gameplay accomplishments. Loved it.

If they just incorporated some of the features from the Journey, I'd be excited.

I think my dream scenario would be one where you could customize and grow every player on your team just like in the Journey, where you have skill trees almost like an RPG. Imagine being able to grow a players weak foot and skill moves through gameplay accomplishments, among other things.

So much wasted potential...

My biggest concern for Fifa 20 is the difficulty in Career Mode. Since the Frostbite Engine it’s been far too easy even in Legendary and Ultimate (Fifa 19).

Has anyone read or heard if Fifa 20 is actually going to give us a challenge? I’m playing Fifa 15 at the moment and I’ve got a Swansea Career going and it’s bloody hard!

Entering wishful thinking mode like the rest of you...
I think player potential has to change. It's so dull if it's predetermined. It has to depend on how often they play and how well they perform (post match ratings - they have to be reliable). It used to be like that ages ago, right?

Player form. Again it's nearly impossible to get poor form arrows which may be one reason the game is too easy for some. Or maybe it's just broken and doesn't really have any effect. Who can tell? In any case, for the love of god, it should not become so OP that it completely ruins the game like team spirit in Pes.

Difficulty setting for all off the pitch activities. Guess what, there used to be one! I want to have a hard time on the transfer market, not sign all the players I want/need in one season. Maybe I'll have to try players that I didn't even know existed, but hey, that can be more fun than winning the CL on my 3rd season.

Something that I'd love personally: Post match highlights - I think it would extremely cool if you could save them to disk as your CM progresses, and access them via the calendar. Imagine going back to your CM and actually viewing the highlights of any game you've previously played. Technically easy to do, as long as there's enough free disk space.

My biggest concern for Fifa 20 is the difficulty in Career Mode. Since the Frostbite Engine it’s been far too easy even in Legendary and Ultimate (Fifa 19).

Has anyone read or heard if Fifa 20 is actually going to give us a challenge? I’m playing Fifa 15 at the moment and I’ve got a Swansea Career going and it’s bloody hard!

That's generally mine too, though I'm kinda okay with where I'm at now with 19 with sliders, plus some personal rules.

I'm kinda optimistic about this though, as a goal right now for EA is to appease the Pros and the FUT hardcore, who are calling for a higher skill gap, which should equal a harder game. Some of the issues with recent FIFAs that make it so easy are specifically getting addressed, so fingers crossed.

Entering wishful thinking mode like the rest of you...
I think player potential has to change. It's so dull if it's predetermined. It has to depend on how often they play and how well they perform (post match ratings - they have to be reliable). It used to be like that ages ago, right?

Player form. Again it's nearly impossible to get poor form arrows which may be one reason the game is too easy for some. Or maybe it's just broken and doesn't really have any effect. Who can tell? In any case, for the love of god, it should not become so OP that it completely ruins the game like team spirit in Pes.

Difficulty setting for all off the pitch activities. Guess what, there used to be one! I want to have a hard time on the transfer market, not sign all the players I want/need in one season. Maybe I'll have to try players that I didn't even know existed, but hey, that can be more fun than winning the CL on my 3rd season.

Something that I'd love personally: Post match highlights - I think it would extremely cool if you could save them to disk as your CM progresses, and access them via the calendar. Imagine going back to your CM and actually viewing the highlights of any game you've previously played. Technically easy to do, as long as there's enough free disk space.

TOTALLY agree about potentials. CM would benefit so much by making them more variable, and especially making them more tied to performance and playtime.

Player form definitely has a huge impact. The best games each season are those when my players aren't on good form yet, but once they get an upward arrow it's nearly impossible to lose (I don't think I've seen a downward form arrow in years). Form is working just like the FUT chem boosts, so they absolutely have an impact, and just like with FUT, that impact IMO is for the worse.

D_yZmjqWwAAXIfP.jpg
Just a little update. There are 14 days left until August 8th.

That means we should be waiting an average of 3.5 days per announcement from now on.

Someone pointed out the other day that the initial gameplay announcement - which didn't arrive until July 18th - was published stating the originally planned announcement date (July 9th), so delays appear to be rife. What's going on?

Either they're planning really big things and they're only just coming together in time (I read an article this morning that said, post-FIFA-19 release, the gameplay producers were "discussing the future" of Career Mode), or there are licensing agreements which are preventing their reveals (as long as, for the second year in a row, Career Mode's big announcement isn't just "look new licenses" - but SURELY they've learned their lesson there).

Alternatively, they've got nothing to announce and they're scrambling to put something together - but you know what, for possibly the first time ever, I'm feeling really positive.

I mentioned NHL's vast array of gameplay sliders and wished they were present in FIFA in a tweet a few months ago - and one of their main community managers "liked" the tweet. I don't think you'd do that unless there was a major change coming. I think you'd pretend you'd never seen it... So it feels to me like there's about to be a big Career Mode refresh.

I mean, taking Pro Clubs as an example... That's not been touched for about 50 years. Why would you pencil in an announcement and get people worked up if it was essentially exactly the same?

Player customization look nice.
I don't play Pro Clubs. But looks like some major improvements have been done to it.

Hope they've payed that much attention to Career Mode!

Its just a guessing game at the moment but its all a bit fishy to me.
So here's my theory.
They had few minor things up in their sleeve. Additional league or two, some transfers improvement, maybe few stadiums. Nothing major. Then they saw Konami and they saw that they are going big. Their "remastered" Master League basically looks lile CM in Fifa. They saw camera, new dribbling, some gameplay.
If any of them have brain cells, they looked at both Pes gameplay and Fifa gameplay and went: "bollox... we might be in trouble here.."
Then Juventus fiasco happened, which created whole new level of shitstorm.

So my theory is - its all panic mode at EA and they are throwing everything they have into new improvements, so their modes actually look improved, not just wearing a bit of makeup.
I think this silence is a good sign for us.
Again - just my theory.

So my theory is - its all panic mode at EA and they are throwing everything they have into new improvements, so their modes actually look improved, not just wearing a bit of makeup.
The thing with this is, if they were reacting to PES's announcements (and I don't think they give a toss about it really), then PES's announcements came a month ago, right? That's not enough time to design the new generic face system (see the Pro Clubs article a few posts up from this), etc...

I think they've just actually put a shift in this year when it comes to these modes. Every year the cry has got louder, but last year (and the "Career Mode has been improved, look, we got the UEFA licenses" scandal) may have been the final straw.

The Pro Clubs stuff may not be a complete mode redesign but damn, it's got some actual, real attention. Now I'm excited.

The thing with this is, if they were reacting to PES's announcements (and I don't think they give a toss about it really), then PES's announcements came a month ago, right? That's not enough time to design the new generic face system (see the Pro Clubs article a few posts up from this), etc...

I think they've just actually put a shift in this year when it comes to these modes. Every year the cry has got louder, but last year (and the "Career Mode has been improved, look, we got the UEFA licenses" scandal) may have been the final straw.

The Pro Clubs stuff may not be a complete mode redesign but damn, it's got some actual, real attention. Now I'm excited.

How about starting an Evo-Web FIFA Podcast?
Nah?

Too much?.
Sorry.

The thing with this is, if they were reacting to PES's announcements (and I don't think they give a toss about it really), then PES's announcements came a month ago, right? That's not enough time to design the new generic face system (see the Pro Clubs article a few posts up from this), etc..
Of course they are! They might act like they dont, but they do.
Its all subtle, but have a look every time one have some bigger announcement, the other side comes up with something. As to say - hey, look at us! We have something too!
Its on both sides.
I dont know, I might be wrong there. And I agree that its a bit late now to bring something big, but I think there is a lot of dust in the workshop at EA now. Hence the awkward silence and pushing the announcements dates.

I dont know, I might be wrong there. And I agree that its a bit late now to bring something big, but I think there is a lot of dust in the workshop at EA now. Hence the awkward silence and pushing the announcements dates.

Nah, someone who used to work at EA has mentioned that by december/january they decide what should be in next years game and start working on it. Sure sometimes there can be a couple of late changes/additions but nothing major.

seems a like whole lot of very little.

only things that could possibly be relevant (to me) is the stat stuff - which doesnt appear to different? - and the playing against AI - which I never really thought about before it could be cool to I suppose.

Apart from that its mostly all cosmetic additions. (although the kit selection is actually a relevant cosmetic addition, no more kit clashes now, so thats good, but also wayyyy overdue).

Also can I just say I fecking hate these stupid over the top celebrations. They put in 4 people doing a drop dead celebration like its a cool thing to witness lol...

Something I would like is being able to alter the settings in friendly matches. 6 mins, or whatever it is, is way too short. you can go a whole match with getting only a few touches, because its more difficult to get space or receive passes when its all human players in pro clubs.

How about starting an Evo-Web FIFA Podcast?
Nah?

Too much?.
Sorry.

It seems to make more sense honestly. From the first 2 episodes of the podcast the general sentiment from the host and guest seem to be very negative, and not even optimistic, about pes(feel free to correct to me if im wrong). If things seem so bad then why not talk about the game that actually has a future? Though i understand this is a pes website and all.

I still enjoyed the podcast and all, and listening to people who love old school pes. I'm just saying!

Last edited:
I’d like a Fifa podcast. Who here actually really enjoys modern PES games? I can’t think of many.

Even over at the WEPES sub on Reddit it’s just myClub kids posting pictures of their BS fantasy 11s.

is that a new generic stadium in the pro clubs deep dive? hopefully they've added a fake allianz arena, nou camp and allianz stadium

As a pro clubs every year

Very poor changes and article, only aesthetic changes, their "big" improvements like new positions (RWB for example, how didn't exist before, and CM that continues missing?) and height and weight influencing stats that already exists (they designed a graphic in a year to change it, great work...)

Players starting with 80 overall is ridiculous, overpowered players after few days for sure, hoped they would change and promote who tries to play football, but will remain running straight ahead (and AI defenders stepping aside) and scoring long shots from everywhere. At least is possible to play against AI now, maybe that will be useful.

This article signed by "Pro Clubs Dev Team" is a great joke, in 5 years they worked like 1h to do this.

I expect the same treatment to career mode and only minor changes.

As a pro clubs every year

Very poor changes and article, only aesthetic changes, their "big" improvements like new positions (RWB for example, how didn't exist before, and CM that continues missing?) and height and weight influencing stats that already exists (they designed a graphic in a year to change it, great work...)

Players starting with 80 overall is ridiculous, overpowered players after few days for sure, hoped they would change and promote who tries to play football, but will remain running straight ahead (and AI defenders stepping aside) and scoring long shots from everywhere. At least is possible to play against AI now, maybe that will be useful.

This article signed by "Pro Clubs Dev Team" is a great joke, in 5 years they worked like 1h to do this.

I expect the same treatment to career mode and only minor changes.
My thoughts exactly. Why not have players start as a 70 or even a 65? And some of the changes are truly very minor. I was most impressed with the new character editor though

Interesting to note they're keeping a lid on who's the cover star for the "Ultimate Edition".

Someone's suggested it may be this:

EAaCM1bXkAAtU1l

Someone else thought it may be Megan Rapinoe. Given the hate she's been receiving from certain quarters, I'm not so sure they'd be so bold.

Someone related to a new license, or partner club?

Watching the bundesliga 2 tonight as it kicks off for another new season, just knowing this league is in fifa 20 fully licensed is enough for me, the other game might have juventus but they're missing about 60 Teams from Germany and as the 3 bundesligas are leagues I follow and go regularly to games every season (friends with bochum season ticket holder) I'd rather miss out on 1 team without kits than 3 leagues without anything

Back
Top Bottom