Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Cheers for letting us know - anybody able to try it? Scared to update over here...
I’ve installed and played 2 matches...no more insane bicycle kicks and I am actually enjoying the gameplay more than before.

It’s a good patch nothing to worry about. Going to start a new career with Derby I think just in case patch doesn’t effect old saves.

4 games so far and haven't seen any bicycle kicks. 1 draw , 2 lost and 1 win. Overall had very solid games with a lot of slow passes in middle part of pitch from AI . First match against everton , AI fouled me 4 times but another 3 games and 1 or 0 fouls from AI :( According on EA twitter they working on this so i hope in november update we can expect some improvements.

Wow.. bicycle kicks fixed? In the past weeks I saw them mentioned with some kind of holy game breaking rage in a huge number of critic posts.. so there should be some kinf of parade now, right :LOL:?

Jokes (?) aside, will gladly try the patch this evening.

I have conceded a bicycle kick post-patch! It will depend on difficulty level + teams. But it does seem improved so that's two decent patches in a row now. The one scheduled for November is going to be really interesting as it's supposed to be the biggest one for gameplay.

I feel as if the attacking CPU AI is weak. All they do is tiki taka their way into my box. You can easily tackle or block their passing lanes. They don't try lobbed through pass or even normal through pass. They don't try to outpace my slow defenders on the wings. They don't try to dribble past my players either. It's just pass pass pass pass pass. I want to see the CPU AI goals compilation and I swear it will be the same type of goals they score.

you are just too good for this game , that's it , you have to play online or with friends . I can see every game AI trying to outpace me if they have fast players of course. Yeah, there is a lot of tiki taka but only for some top teams with ,,bad programmed'' tactic like Real madrid for example and not every match , sometimes is good , sometimes bad , it's like AI getting super power from time to time, very weird. If you play against everton or middle table spanish teams with balanced or long ball tactic then you will not see tiki taka.

you are just too good for this game , that's it , you have to play online or with friends . I can see every game AI trying to outpace me if they have fast players of course. Yeah, there is a lot of tiki taka but only for some top teams with ,,bad programmed'' tactic like Real madrid for example and not every match , sometimes is good , sometimes bad , it's like AI getting super power from time to time, very weird. If you play against everton or middle table spanish teams with balanced or long ball tactic then you will not see tiki taka.

In Ultimate difficulty, every teams gets a boost. Do you think Legendary is harding than Ultimate difficulty?

all the kits updated so all the major leagues have 3 kits for each team, plus the edited stadium names stayed the same after the patch, gonna restart my career mode now

hmmmm i am on world class from beggining and still chellange to beat AI most of the time ,especially against top teams. Another problem is form in CM , i think something is strange there. Sometimes is very ok but sometimes teams will start to play like superhuman , extra unnatural boost or something. Thats why i play only exhibition match and i dont feel cheated by AI .

Haven't played this in a while due to RDR. Forgot just how bloody good it is. How dynamic the games and goals are. Just terrific. The latest patch hasn't changed the gameplay at all.:TU: Keeper still throws the ball out overarm to nearby players though when using manual, and the pissin' kickoff settings bug is still present, FFS.

all the kits updated so all the major leagues have 3 kits for each team, plus the edited stadium names stayed the same after the patch, gonna restart my career mode now

Are you sure you need to start a new career mode? I love heard the patch affects saved files

I feel as if the attacking CPU AI is weak. All they do is tiki taka their way into my box. You can easily tackle or block their passing lanes. They don't try lobbed through pass or even normal through pass. They don't try to outpace my slow defenders on the wings. They don't try to dribble past my players either. It's just pass pass pass pass pass. I want to see the CPU AI goals compilation and I swear it will be the same type of goals they score.
Just came here to post the same thing. Started a new career with Derby, enjoyed the pre season tournament a lot and thought hell yes I love this game again.

Then I get to my first league game v Reading. And....Reading turn into Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona. It was insane. I won the game 1-0 but it was horrible.

I remember @Chris Davies saying a few days ago that “PES plays a good game of PES rather than football” or something like that which I kind of see what he means.

But I have to add: FIFA plays a good game of FIFA this year because that ridiculous passing the CPU does isn’t what I see on tv when I watch the real thing.

And sliders don’t stop it happening. They just slow the game down so it gets all weird.

No third kits have been added to the EFL Championship. I could kill EA.

Another thing that annoys me: Derby have the white home, dark blue away and black GK kit which clashes with my away kit. Let us choose the other GK kit for god sake!

Wish they would fix the manual overhand throw out. Looks poor.

I switched my hdr off when playing red dead, and FIFA looks amazing with it off too.

Struggling to get a manual seasons game still

I remember @Chris Davies saying a few days ago that “PES plays a good game of PES rather than football” or something like that which I kind of see what he means.

But I have to add: FIFA plays a good game of FIFA this year because that ridiculous passing the CPU does isn’t what I see on tv when I watch the real thing.
Yeah, I concede your point. It's the difficulty level and the effect that has on the game. On Professional, it doesn't happen (or at least, not unrealistically), but step into World Class (let alone the other two) and you start to see it.

But there's been something weird about difficulty levels for a while now. For years a lot of Career Mode guys have said that World Class is more difficult than Legendary, primarily because the tiki-taka was at its worst in World Class.

As I said a little while ago, for as long as I can stick to Professional (with semi controls - manual if needs be), I get the absolute best out of the game. But that's not making excuses - the higher difficulty AI isn't good enough, clearly.

I maintain that FIFA's switch to Frostbite is giving the CPU a hard time, in terms of having the power to out-think (rather than tiki-taka), with there being more variables than before. PES feels on-rails to me, but that gives the CPU less to think about, and less need to "cheat".

Yeah, I concede your point. It's the difficulty level and the effect that has on the game. On Professional, it doesn't happen (or at least, not unrealistically), but step into World Class (let alone the other two) and you start to see it.

But there's been something weird about difficulty levels for a while now. For years a lot of Career Mode guys have said that World Class is more difficult than Legendary, primarily because the tiki-taka was at its worst in World Class.

As I said a little while ago, for as long as I can stick to Professional (with semi controls - manual if needs be), I get the absolute best out of the game. But that's not making excuses - the higher difficulty AI isn't good enough, clearly.

I maintain that FIFA's switch to Frostbite is giving the CPU a hard time, in terms of having the power to out-think (rather than tiki-taka), with there being more variables than before. PES feels on-rails to me, but that gives the CPU less to think about, and less need to "cheat".
I’m having fun with my Derby save but there’s too many games where I have to turn the Xbox off because the CPU’s 100mph tiki taka just looks hilarious.

Like you say, the engine is partly to blame. I hope EA move away from it.

Anyone play South Africa 2010? The CPU in that was great for it’s time.

I still class this as the best fifa mind you, it’s more addictive than any other title which proves to me that it’s a damn good game.

Anyone play South Africa 2010? The CPU in that was great for it’s time.

I still class this as the best fifa mind you, it’s more addictive than any other title which proves to me that it’s a damn good game.
I say this every time someone brings up the FIFA WC South Africa 2010 game, but it was a Simon Humber (RIP) production. When I was lucky enough to visit EA in Vancouver, he shook my hand, knew me from Evo-Web (because as a producer, he cared enough about feedback to look for it himself), and said his dream was a football game where the winner was the more intelligent, and more knowledgeable.

FIFA 16 was a fantastic game, too, admittedly. But the commitment they had in that era has changed now. It's easy to blame FUT - and I do...

(That being said, I love FIFA 19 too - just not the tiki-taka. But it's certainly proof of a step in the right direction, IMO.)

I say this every time someone brings up the FIFA WC South Africa 2010 game, but it was a Simon Humber (RIP) production. When I was lucky enough to visit EA in Vancouver, he shook my hand, knew me from Evo-Web (because as a producer, he cared enough about feedback to look for it himself), and said his dream was a football game where the winner was the more intelligent, and more knowledgeable.

FIFA 16 was a fantastic game, too, admittedly. But the commitment they had in that era has changed now. It's easy to blame FUT - and I do...

(That being said, I love FIFA 19 too - just not the tiki-taka. But it's certainly proof of a step in the right direction, IMO.)
That’s extremely sad, RIP. It was a such a good football game that.

I remember thinking “this is it, FIFA is going to be amazing from here on.”

FIFA 14 and 16 were great games. 14 was too easy to score from crosses mind you but still a great game on PS4.

Wasn't that the one where the AI of weaker teams first played park the bus in a Fifa game? Park the bus with uber pressing and they'd have one striker up front on his own and on the higher difficulties as soon as they won the ball back they'd play an instant long ball that always found the forward and he was almost always clean through on goal instantly, thus making the weaker teams much harder to play against.

Wasn't that the one where the AI of weaker teams first played park the bus in a Fifa game? Park the bus with uber pressing and they'd have one striker up front on his own and on the higher difficulties as soon as they won the ball back they'd play an instant long ball that always found the forward and he was almost always clean through on goal instantly, thus making the weaker teams much harder to play against.
I think for the first real attempt at representing the "park the bus" strategy in a football game, that was seeing the smaller teams through to famous victories (not just internationally but domestically), it was pretty great. It was the first time I really felt "team styles" in a football game. It was a game with big ambition, particularly when you remember what the FIFA series was up to that point.

Yeah I don't disagree it was a step in the right direction. I just found that aspect of the AI broke the game for me and stopped me playing it. Simon is sadly missed though, I use Fratton Park as Wednesday's home ground in my Career Mode so often think about him when I see the flowers.

IIRC we were living in Singapore when that came out so I found it far more enjoyable trying to qualify from the Asian group with Singapore than using a "bigger" team like England etc.

Goodness me, calm down man. You’ve asked the same question 3 times in as many posts. People do sleep overnight you know. Give it time.

Sorry! I just haven’t been able to find the answer anywhere online.
I thought my first post was lost in the shuffle already.
Do you know if it affects saved files?

Sorry! I just haven’t been able to find the answer anywhere online.
I thought my first post was lost in the shuffle already.
Do you know if it affects saved files?
Everything is save-game compatible. Otherwise, they would warn that to see changes, you have to restart your save (which they have said in the past when it's been necessary). If you want official confirmation, you'll have to tweet them. Nobody else will be able to tell you.

Do you think FIFA 19 was the last one on FrostBite?.
I reckon it is. If we take into consideration that FIFA 14, 15 and 16 were under Ignite.
This would end the 3-year cycle.

Do you think FIFA 19 was the last one on FrostBite?.
I reckon it is. If we take into consideration that FIFA 14, 15 and 16 were under Ignite.
This would end the 3-year cycle.
No. It's their engine for everything.

They will continue to build on it - when the new consoles arrive, hopefully there are either some big jumps forward in terms of the power left over for AI, or they decide there's enough power to "start again". But I really doubt it - with every programmer for every game being trained in how to get the best out of Frostbite, they've created a highly-effective production line - shooting games out at speed, with fantastic graphics (which is their number one priority, and in fairness, it's what sells games to the majority).

No. It's their engine for everything.

They will continue to build on it - when the new consoles arrive, hopefully there are either some big jumps forward in terms of the power left over for AI, or they decide there's enough power to "start again". But I really doubt it - with every programmer for every game being trained in how to get the best out of Frostbite, they've created a highly-effective production line - shooting games out at speed, with fantastic graphics (which is their number one priority, and in fairness, it's what sells games to the majority).

Graphically I think they could do even better. Considering the monsters EA are.
If they are going to carry on with Frostbite, it's going to need to be something like Frostbite 2.0. It will start looking dated soon. Specially with the new Nvidia RTX gfx cards.

Back
Top Bottom