Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
please show me a video of how this works as in 18 pre patches i could win fouls via shielding but not in 19. I also had more fouls pre patch in 19 but now shielding or not I'm lucky to get 2 or 3 at most. Normally slide tackles. I think fouls, refs and the advantage rule all need tweaking.

In the first half of the first match since the patch I was fouled three times (including in the box for a penalty) and there were at least two more occasions where the ref played advantage so it was essentially five CPU fouls in the first half:

https://mega.nz/#!WuggnKrZ!lxEYNL6JH-vvUURD0nDnQuseay2a5ly9WDJKqV8wauU

44356984_256642551713926_1750439416410669056_n.png

There are plenty of case of blatant fouls and the ref not blowing up, and plenty of advantage played but you lose the ball straight away and he doesn't call it. As far as video proof is concerned I'm not making a video to prove it just take my word for it, or not. Fucking C.S.I. Evo up in here:PP

Probably best I don't get that many free kicks in this because I think the free kicks on goal are shit using the mandatory behind the player view. I dread getting them, really. Instead, I wish I could just take them using the using the normal coop camera view.

There are plenty of case of blatant fouls and the ref not blowing up, and plenty of advantage played but you lose the ball straight away and he doesn't call it. As far as video proof is concerned I'm not making a video to prove it just take my word for it, or not. Fucking C.S.I. Evo up in here:PP
completely agree this is what i see also

I would think that when it comes to fouls that we could all agree on two things:
  1. Fouls by the CPU are not completely absent from the game and they do actually happen;
  2. Fouls by the CPU do not occur at a satisfactory frequency on a consistent basis.
I'm not sure what else there is to it than that.

I would think that when it comes to fouls that we could all agree on two things:

1. Fouls by the CPU are not completely absent from the game and they do actually happen;
    Fouls by the CPU do not occur at a satisfactory frequency on a consistent basis.

Agree.

I too capture a foul sometimes by shielding the ball. But it's nowhere near consistent or frequent enough, and it's ok in regards of shielding.. problem is that there should be way more fouls in other field situations.

Only just realised this capability the other day but has anyone used an external drive to capture gameplay? If so, is a standard external drive good enough to capture @ 1080p and what format does the gameplay save as?

That makes no sense.

The game puts the PL fonts / numbers on "actual" Premier League kits. Why would it apply them differently to some teams than others? Surely it only needs one bit of code?

(I'm not doubting you or the post on Reddit - I just mean, why are EA applying it two different ways? It just makes absolutely no sense.)

Just to add, it still irks me how the names are not in the exact same font as the numbers. Names are without the outline.

Thinking of buying the digital version of FIFA and trading in my disc copy. Since it's already installed on my Xbox, if I make the digital purchase, will it just use the existing install without me needing to re-download it?

Agree.

I too capture a foul sometimes by shielding the ball. But it's nowhere near consistent or frequent enough, and it's ok in regards of shielding.. problem is that there should be way more fouls in other field situations.
I realise that i make more fouls than the ai,which is ok, at least im getting penalties a lot actually

Hello mate.
Yes, you don't need to reinstall the game. You can't do that on PS4
Cheers - was mainly doing it so I don't have to swap out the disc between FIFA and Red Dead Redemption all the time and FIFA is on sale @ 30% off. But I checked the trade in price and it might not be worth buying the digital copy just yet. If it was another $20 cheaper then yeah for sure.
p.s. Saturator - is that a Joe Satriani reference? ;)

Game would feel so much better if the animations where better and the ball didn't feel so light. EA also needs to get rid of the goofy-looking side foot shots and overhead kicks. Actually both should be banned from football games along with backheels. All three hardly ever take place in the real world.

Game would feel so much better if the animations where better and the ball didn't feel so light. EA also needs to get rid of the goofy-looking side foot shots and overhead kicks. Actually both should be banned from football games along with backheels. All three hardly ever take place in the real world.

New patch drastically reduces the bicycle kicks.

Fouls by the CPU do not occur at a satisfactory frequency on a consistent basis.

They are in the game. But, as you've said, they don't occur with the frequency they should compared to real life.

Cheers - was mainly doing it so I don't have to swap out the disc between FIFA and Red Dead Redemption all the time and FIFA is on sale @ 30% off. But I checked the trade in price and it might not be worth buying the digital copy just yet. If it was another $20 cheaper then yeah for sure.
p.s. Saturator - is that a Joe Satriani reference? ;)

I have Fifa 19 ultimate in digital and i 'll have RDR2 on BR on my xbox One X. 2 days my friend, two days!!:SHOCK:
Saturator is a play on words on French : saturate wrongly.
But I like Satriani, what a guitar hero:LOVE:

Last edited:
I think the best way to get these fouls sorted out is to have an aggression slider. Because some players are more nuts than others. You could have 100% Roy Keane, Vinny Jones, Julien Dicks, right down to ballet dancing Sterling & Sturidge 0%

I think the best way to get these fouls sorted out is to have an aggression slider. Because some players are more nuts than others. You could have 100% Roy Keane, Vinny Jones, Julien Dicks, right down to ballet dancing Sterling & Sturidge 0%

Yes, either that or a Referee Strictness slider.

I have Fifa 19 ultimate in digital and i 'll have RDR2 on BR on my xbox One X. 2 days my friend, two days!!:SHOCK:
Saturator is a play on words on French : saturate wrongly.
But I like Satriani, what a guitar hero:LOVE:

Ahh ok, he has a distortion pedal called the Saturator lol.

I'm almost thinking of trading my copy of FIFA and just focusing on RDR as I play FIFA at a mates place regularly and that way I get some good trade in value. Can wait for a better than 30% digital sale and pick up again FIFA then.

Finally started a career, played Fulham and they had Seri, Mitrovic and Sessegnon on the bench. "nd game of the season, when they went 1-0 down they brought them on.

Still no way to fix this or indications that it'll get patched?

Not sure if I’ve played too much this week or what but I’ve started to get that bored feeling. Started tinkering with the sliders and finding no satisfaction as the runs players make are starting to feel old and more like Fifa 18 than what I was feeling a few weeks ago. etc and just pretty bored. Might be my old tv issue upstairs where all the games feel faster. Thinking of reinstalling without the update to see if it brings back that feeling I first had. Only thing is, if I don’t update it I can’t play online with my mate. Tried to see if I could use *two accounts on Ps4 but it didn’t work as it updates on the system instead. Obvious I suppose. Probably give it a rest and come back to it in a week or so.

Yeah producing a ronaldo vs juve bicycle kick is something very rare in real life football, happens once or twice a year.maybe

I spent some coins unlocking the restart match in career mode feature except I have no option of actually restarting a match and the item is no longer in the catalogue. Have I been fleeced?

I spent some coins unlocking the restart match in career mode feature except I have no option of actually restarting a match and the item is no longer in the catalogue. Have I been fleeced?

Hmm that’s strange. It should be where you see the option ‘Forfeit Match’.

I wish EA would fix this kick off mode horse shit. Since release, I can't play any game mode in kick off mode with a kick off name which is linked to my online ID. When I create a second Kick Off name that I do not link to my online ID it works as intended, but then the process is not saved. For that workaround I have to create a new kick off name every time I start FIFA and want to play any kick off mode. Fuckin' annoying.:RANT:

i play only kick off and allways keep fifa offline so no need to use online form and squads

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom