Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I spent some coins unlocking the restart match in career mode feature except I have no option of actually restarting a match and the item is no longer in the catalogue. Have I been fleeced?

Are you keeping your game connected?

You need to have your game connected online to access and benefit from catalogue items.

I can't even keep going with my CM right now. It just takes me out of the immersion when they schedule a game on Sunday, then one on Tuesday for the league, then one on Thursday for the Europa League and then another on Sunday. Then the next week is completely off w/o an international break. WTF kind of programming is that. And scheduling programming logic isn't too hard. It's incredible.

I can't even keep going with my CM right now. It just takes me out of the immersion when they schedule a game on Sunday, then one on Tuesday for the league, then one on Thursday for the Europa League and then another on Sunday. Then the next week is completely off w/o an international break. WTF kind of programming is that. And scheduling programming logic isn't too hard. It's incredible.
Scheduling has always been poor, good excuse to have a big squad :)
Yeah that was my first thought too, I barely have to rotate my squad so I'd welcome the need for squad depth...

Also, in real life, Man City (and Liverpool) had to play four games in ten days (Sep 15th-25th).

Okay, so the example given is four games in seven days, which is silly, but it's not like it's seven games in seven days. The things that make people say "I can't play this game any more" boggles the mind - there's way bigger issues, IMO.

HA HA HA.....Wow

Guys. I haven't played FIFA the last few days as I'm disappointed with the BS tactics of implementing halloween and other nonsense into the game buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.....

I just booted up a game. A few days ago you guys were on about broadcast cam and I'd forgotten I;d changed the setting but not yet played with it.

It makes a HUGE difference to the experience. I blasted the few chances I had wide but then my CAM Slattery slotted home and I was smiling.

Full manual. Broadcast. Semipro. Its good.

Last edited:
Yeah that was my first thought too, I barely have to rotate my squad so I'd welcome the need for squad depth...

Also, in real life, Man City (and Liverpool) had to play four games in ten days (Sep 15th-25th).

Okay, so the example given is four games in seven days, which is silly, but it's not like it's seven games in seven days. The things that make people say "I can't play this game any more" boggles the mind - there's way bigger issues, IMO.

That is so very dismissive of what people enjoy and what they don't. Very close minded.

The scheduling is annoying because a game like football manager figured rescheduling about 10 years ago for their game, and a very basic CM in FIFA has not. It reeks of laziness, from EA. The kind of logic for scheduling should not take more than a day of programming for anyone with a job at a company like EA and the talent they have in the programming ranks.

Also, it's because I'm enjoying the game that this break in immersion from the mild 'realism' of this cm is annoying. If you can find a week where a team in Spain has played Europa League and three league games from one Sunday to the next, please inform me, I'm open to being wrong.

I also disagree with the squad rotation. Particularly once you get into Europe. Maybe it's because I try never to play players that are not 100%, but I have been rotating. I also like keeping a small squad, 20 players ideally for me. Which allows me to spend money on better players. Always was the strategy in FM for me.

anyone know how to switch off the dash notifications on PS4 e.g. "new FUT tournament #2"?

i don't want to switch off legit notifications from other games like when an install or update happens.

FIFA is a decent game but i didn't pay £60 to have it advertised to me every time as soon as I switch on my PS4.

[Plus I don't like halloween but I have to see Ultimate Scream if I log in to FUT. Did I buy the game or did EA "buy" me and I paid for that?]

anyone know how to switch off the dash notifications on PS4 e.g. "new FUT tournament #2"?

i don't want to switch off legit notifications from other games like when an install or update happens.

FIFA is a decent game but i didn't pay £60 to have it advertised to me every time as soon as I switch on my PS4.

[Plus I don't like halloween but I have to see Ultimate Scream if I log in to FUT. Did I buy the game or did EA "buy" me and I paid for that?]
I still get them for FIFA 17 but haven't had any for 18 or 19. If you find out, be sure to let me know as well.

HA HA HA.....Wow

Guys. I haven't played FIFA the last few days as I'm disappointed with the BS tactics of implementing halloween and other nonsense into the game buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.....

I just booted up a game. A few days ago you guys were on about broadcast cam and I'd forgotten I;d changed the setting but not yet played with it.

It makes a HUGE difference to the experience. I blasted the few chances I had wide but then my CAM Slattery slotted home and I was smiling.

Full manual. Broadcast. Semipro. Its good.

Welcome to the bright side :)

Online co op is a joy for me this year. We just had around 10 games with west ham. It feels slower and all the goals felt different. Passing was great. Changed from co op to telly 20 height. 0 zoom again and it made a big difference online. I’m sure the next update will ruin it like it did with 16 and all of a sudden you can just spam pass forward and shoot. But for now with 4 star teams and below. It’s great for me .

Have to say i prefer fifa 18 with my sliders. I play 20 minute halves and i just cannot get into 19 at all.
It’s funny isn’t it. Just goes to show how hard it is for EA or Konami to please everyone. I couldn’t stand 18 and really enjoy 19. Neither of us are wrong of course. Just what we enjoy is different and makes me realize they can’t really win. At least in the old days you got a game and that was it. If you didn’t like it, you sold it. If you did like it, you had it for at least a year. Now you could end up with anything month to month. Miss the days when I had PES 2 for ages and hadn’t realized 3 was out and stumbled across it in a shop. Can’t beat on the spot excitement.

Sorry to spam the thread. I also moved my PS4 back downstairs and it’s honestly a different game for me on a big tv. If I just had it on my 32”, I would say it’s terrible. But once I move to my 52”. It’s plays so much better and slower. Not everyone can do that but I immediately noticed the differenc too when I had PES.

Sorry to spam the thread. I also moved my PS4 back downstairs and it’s honestly a different game for me on a big tv. If I just had it on my 32”, I would say it’s terrible. But once I move to my 52”. It’s plays so much better and slower. Not everyone can do that but I immediately noticed the differenc too when I had PES.

I moved mine downstairs to the 100" 8K. Plays better than on the 48" 4K upstairs.

[jk. i play on a 32" HD and game is solid as it is.]

Last edited:
It’s funny isn’t it. Just goes to show how hard it is for EA or Konami to please everyone. I couldn’t stand 18 and really enjoy 19. Neither of us are wrong of course. Just what we enjoy is different and makes me realize they can’t really win. At least in the old days you got a game and that was it. If you didn’t like it, you sold it. If you did like it, you had it for at least a year. Now you could end up with anything month to month. Miss the days when I had PES 2 for ages and hadn’t realized 3 was out and stumbled across it in a shop. Can’t beat on the spot excitement.
Fifa 19 is a far better experience than 18 for me, that game was absolute garbage.

fifa 18 was ok but before they released patch. After patch CTT tactic for AI didnt work. Al temas started to paly in similar way and it wasnt possible to change CTT in effective way.

fifa 18 was ok but before they released patch. After patch CTT tactic for AI didnt work. Al temas started to paly in similar way and it wasnt possible to change CTT in effective way.

Is there a way to play with pre-patch F18 offline? [I possibly wont have PS4 F19 with me over December so F18 will be my go-to footy game]

I have F18 on XB and PC.

why not ? just reinstall game i dont allow ps4 to download patch , thats all. Just keep you console offline .

So how do you guys set your team up defensively from a tactics perspective in career mode?

I quite like Pressure On Heavy Touch and a relatively high defensive line. Constant pressure just tires my players out by 60 minutes which is realistic.

Played some games on my Career save earlier and had a good time.

This game is definitely at its best for me when I play it sparingly.

why not ? just reinstall game i dont allow ps4 to download patch , thats all. Just keep you console offline .

weel like i said i probs wont have my PS4 with me.

anyway i think i'd be right in saying that XB F18 - there is NO way now to go to prepatch status.
and for PC, i'd need to source the original FIFA 18 folder files.

anyways, i've had second thoughts and the hassle isn't worth it. i'll just make do with F18 postpatch for the 2-3 wks i won;t have my PS. no biggie.

Back
Top Bottom