FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Now i think there was only one match . Anyway, I tested RF again today and i think 5 to not enough , It looks like very ,,static football'' especially against teams like city or chlesea , i played 5 games against top and middle table teams with 30 RF and i think there was good balance . 5 RF makes top teams easier to play against . Its like they holding the ball and dont know what to do. Playing against west brom or newcastle is different story coz game itself forcing them(their tactic settings) to pass or cross a ball.

This was helpful and I applied it to our Version 6.1 beta sliders that are currently in progress. Here's a bit of a preview:

Tried the latest patch only had one game but thought it was superb. I played Brazil on world class and their movement was excellent. Also wasn't sure if fouls had previously been toned down but had 3 in both halfs 3 late sliding tackles

I think 50 speed and 50 acc makes game to be too fast. I will stick with speed 30 and 49 acc. I know animations are not sa good but at least pace is more realistic

I think 50 speed and 50 acc makes game to be too fast. I will stick with speed 30 and 49 acc. I know animations are not sa good but at least pace is more realistic
for some strange reason 1 for speed and 53 for acc makes the game realistic but also keep in mind that pass speed controlling the game and the speed of animations also, I use 38 pass speed and find the game more lifelike :)

New PC patch announced (we'll get it in early December) - but it doesn't sound like much, unfortunately.

Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
  • A freeze happening, in some situations, during the goal celebration for a goal that was scored by the goalkeeper.
  • The goal celebration being skipped, in some situations, after a goal was scored by the goalkeeper.
  • Holding the sprint button will once again cause a goalkeeper to get up quickly if he is on the ground while holding the ball.
  • The player sometimes being in control of the wrong player in a Skill Game.
  • Stringing the juggle skill move together multiple times in the Practice Arena could cause your player to disappear.
  • Updated the default FIFA Trainer settings for the Intro Match to show both Movement and Mechanics instead of just Movement.

Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:

• Captains, or players that had just transferred captaincy to another player, getting disconnected or crashing after inviting another club to a match in Pro Clubs Friendlies in some situations.

Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate team:

• Added the ability to watch FUT Champions Channel replays in a slower (0.5x) playback speed.
    • When toggling the playback speed of the replay, it cycles through Normal --> Fast --> Slow.
  • Removed the Single Player Camera from the list of available camera angles in FUT Champions Channel.
  • Removed the non-functional Restart button in the FUT Champions Channel Pause Menu.
  • Renamed the FIWC Stadium item to FeWC Stadium.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:

• FUT Squads that had default tactics values that were incorrectly set to over 100 have been reset to the normal default values.
  • A visual issue where sometimes the kit that a player selected to play with would not be the kit that their opponent would see them playing with in FUT Online modes.
  • The FUT Squad Battles Featured Squad image not loading properly after rapidly transitioning through screens.
  • The Pause Menu countdown timer sometimes displaying throughout a FUT Champions Channel replay.
  • The scrolling team lineup list sometimes displaying at the start of a FUT Champions Channel replay.
  • The penalty shootout tutorial sometimes displaying during a penalty shootout in a FUT Champions Channel replay.

Addressed the following issues in Audio / Visual / Presentation:

• Updates to the 2D portraits for some players.

The thing is this year is if you like the game then EA for me has been impressive with all the patches and updates, the cynical side of me wonders if they are gearing up to pay for play monthly fee

But am now starting to get games where the goalkeeper comes out etc
Yeah, those are terrible. Currently enjoying ProClubs too, though (on Xbox One) and it's indeed the only mode I still play.

I tried FUT but there were sore losers everywhere, at least in ProClubs you get the odd player who doesn't pass it to save his life (and this is annoying) or who always smashes the 'A' button to claim it from the CPU-controlled teammates (this is annoying too), or the stupid goalkeeper that thinks he's funny when he stays in the midfield circle watching his team concede goals like there's no tomorrow, but the majority of the drop-in matches are enjoyable.

I must say that, as a defender (born CDM though), I enjoy it pretty much.

Does anyone else experience the PS4 controller suddenley just dropping out occasionally when playing? It's fucking annoying. I was chasing an equalizer against United, got Kane in a good position, and then the controller just stops responding and I need to mash the Home button to eventually regain contact. FIFA 18 is the only game where I get this.

Having said that, I'm using the OS sliders version 3 with User pass speed set to 46 and CPU pass speed set to 35 (assisted passing and through pass, rest set to semi - on legendary), and I'm enjoying it lots. I'm getting some really intense games out of it. Some are still weird (like completely walking over Benfica away in the CL), but most of the games feel quite balanced now. I've come longer in a career mode than I've done up until now, so that's a good sign. :)

Does anyone else experience the PS4 controller suddenley just dropping out occasionally when playing? It's fucking annoying. I was chasing an equalizer against United, got Kane in a good position, and then the controller just stops responding and I need to mash the Home button to eventually regain contact. FIFA 18 is the only game where I get this.
I've played the game a fair bit and I've never had that happen!

That being said, if I put the laptop on and use the wifi anywhere near the PS4, my controllers either A) develop a 1-3 second lag, or B) disconnect. Couldn't figure out what was going on for months, then eventually spotted the pattern and it's instant, as soon as the laptop does any heavy downloading the controllers go bananas.

That being said, if I put the laptop on and use the wifi anywhere near the PS4, my controllers either A) develop a 1-3 second lag, or B) disconnect. Couldn't figure out what was going on for months, then eventually spotted the pattern and it's instant, as soon as the laptop does any heavy downloading the controllers go bananas.

Ah, ok, thanks. I use my pc monitor to play the ps4 though, so I don't really download stuff when it happens, but I guess there might be a link anyway. Maybe it's because the missus is streaming from Netflix, hehe. Thanks! :)

Could it be that they share the same 2.4GHz band (only thing I can think about, honestly)?

Try changing the WiFi channel on your router if you can, and see if it gets better... Otherwise, switching to WiFi ac (5 GHz) could be an idea if all your devices support it (it's also faster, mind you that it doesn't have the coverage WiFi n has though).

What the fuck have EA done to this game with the new patch? I'm on PS4 and they mist certainly have done two things I've noticed. They've dumbed down the A.I because now they are stupid as shit, fluffing chances and giving the ball away a lot, and made manual passing more assisted because before it felt on me to get a move going now I'm doing it with ease? WTF have they done??? I mean thats what? 6 patches since end of september? FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

i'm working on full 30min game, simulation sliders, playing on professional difficulty full manual with broadcast camera. The last game i played Bournemouth vs Burnley was brilliant. 1-0

My goal is to get the CPU playing like a manual player, make defending easier, scoring harder and bring more error into it, the way it should be.

it's like a Saturday PL game.

Last edited:
This game is seriously weird.

I've played 12 games in a new career with AFC Wimbledon. I play as the whole team and I've won 11, drawn the other 0-0. Conceded only 4. All this on Legendary.

Last night I got annoyed at the lack of a challenge and dropped it down to World Class for a few games just to create a comparison. Drew the first 1-1, got hammered at home 3-1 in the next, won the last 2-1 just because they had a man sent off in the first half.

The difficulty settings are upside down.

After talking to @Chris Davies I decided to try FIFA 17. At first I thought it was pretty okay and played a bit better than FIFA 18(last update) but there was still some issues. Then I got Fidel's gameplay patch and also managed to remove scripting and that's probably the best decision I took. My love for footie games is back now and I love FIFA 17 Modded which feels like a mix between FIFA 16(when it comes to defending, midfield play, dribbling and shooting) mixed with FIFA 14(custom team tactics making each team play differently, good CPU AI, nice physicality and strength). Here's a video to compare FIFA 18(last update) with FIFA 17(Modded):

This game is seriously weird.

I've played 12 games in a new career with AFC Wimbledon. I play as the whole team and I've won 11, drawn the other 0-0. Conceded only 4. All this on Legendary.

Last night I got annoyed at the lack of a challenge and dropped it down to World Class for a few games just to create a comparison. Drew the first 1-1, got hammered at home 3-1 in the next, won the last 2-1 just because they had a man sent off in the first half.

The difficulty settings are upside down.

Weird. I'll try world class too. Legendary is simply too easy, regardless of slider settings.

Started a new career with wigan got to semi final of pre season cup and faced Capri. They scored a half volley from outside of the area after 5 mins. Looped over keeper and bent into top corner. Here we go I thought. They then got a man booked for a late challenge and from there I got a corner. Crossed in I attempted to head it it far post was going wide when one of my guys flicked it in the net unmarked 1-1. I then broke on a counter attack only to be brought down by last man , red card , pen , 2-1..they then fell apart. Made a tactical sub to replace the defender and were left with nothing upfront
I scored 6 most on counter. They did come good in last 15 and I hardly touched the ball. Finished 6-2..great game and certainly not a common scoreline for me

Guys i found a bug that is going on for years! When you play only manual with restriction in seasons or any other mode, the other player can choose 2button controls and play automatic 90% passes with ease!!! And the are destroying you (you play full manual and the other 2button automatic everything!). Thats why some players are destroying me with perfect passing game although i have great record in manual ranks and i lose rarely!!! Already made a discussion with ea engineers on chat and they said they will look for it!!!

Finally got this yesterday. I need to check out some slider settings but there's some genuine good gameplay in there. I dived straight into manual settings, 10 minute halves, world class difficult and a slowed down the speed. I don't like the way the CPU plays - too many perfect passes in the box - but it can play a really good sim.

I'm having a blast as wigan in career mode, won the final of pre season cup on pens..1st game of league lost 2-0 to mk doms, very close game I suffered back g a man sent off..in 1st round of cup swept aside Swindon town 3-0 , scored off a corner then a penalty to make it 2-0, then 93rd minute counter attack after they brought on an extra striker , lots of variation , bookings..really enjoying it..lost my quickest person to an injury though

Finally got this yesterday. I need to check out some slider settings but there's some genuine good gameplay in there. I dived straight into manual settings, 10 minute halves, world class difficult and a slowed down the speed. I don't like the way the CPU plays - too many perfect passes in the box - but it can play a really good sim.

Our soon to be version 6 is getting positive reviews so far:

FIFA 18 Operation Sports Sliders | Version 6.2 Beta (V6.2B)
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed
as of 12/2/17

*red indicates currently testing*

Sprint Speed - 50/50 - Had to bump this up because the lower sprint and acceleration were in part in creating the 1) slidey animation and 2) the backpedal, followed by forward pedal.

Acceleration - 50/50 - See above for sprint. Also wanted true fatigue back. Animations seem much smoother as well since putting these back to 50.

Shot Error - 50/50 - Too many posts hit before, even on 51. Still happens, but can't go under 50.

Pass Error - 55/55 (previous 52/52) - As suggested, we bumped this up from 52 and it's great to see the CPU being more humanized, but definitely not losing its attacking prowess or variety in play.

Shot Speed - 50/50 - Same as above for Shot Error. Feel like I saw a lot more backward save animations with the higher shot speed.

Pass Speed - 50/50 - Big difference here. Yes, driven pass will be attempted, but not always successful. Takes some getting used to as well, but at least it keeps the ball alive and passing feels less labored now than before.

Injury Frequency - 64/64 - less players walking off the pitch, and more recovering from injuries. Credit to @mark0r .

Injury Severity - 4/4 - still plenty of severe injuries and variety of injuries. Credit to @mark0r .

GK Ability - 50/50 - Had to get this back to 50. Honestly, I feel that the GK animations must be in sync with the shot speed + error chosen. This is why I feel the GK made so many more saves at a lower value. They would be late in reacting, yet somehow still get their gloves to the ball.

Marking - 50/50 (previous 49/49) - Happy to bump this back up to a normal value of 50/50. No issues with positioning, and no over/under marking with weird animations.

Run Frequency - 20/22 (previous 50/52) - As suggested, moved this down from 50/52, but keeping the 2 pt discrepancy for the CPU. This allows them get the crosses in and also promotes the same variety before. Overall, good balance with this lower run frequency - and of course seeing plenty of runs.

Height- 55/55 (previous 65/65) - This had to go down from 65. With it at 65, it was too easy to get from defensive third to defensive third. The midfield was bypassed too easily, especially with the pass speed + length, etc. The real key with this value was also to help the crossing game. This now allows the CPU and User runs to be more timed into the box, and that can result in crosses into space, versus crosses that loop up in the air lazily and meet someone's head...head on.

Length- 40/40 (previous 45/40) - Had to drop this back down to an even level. Think the 40/45 was working nicely, but eventually the CPU just started to get past the length too often. Now, evened out again, like version 5, there is a lot more midfield play. Building numbers defensively and offensively is real key now.

Width- 60/60 (previous 50/52) - Anytime we raise width, there is always a concern that it's going to be too wide, and players won't stay goal-side. Well, FIFA is already designed to be more narrow, so raising the width here, relative to the height + length, just works. They real key was to ensure that the marking was less...magnetic. Noticed on 50 width that the players were just falling over eachother, and performing that weird backpedal/forwardpedal animation. At 60 width, we're now in a great spot, and there's also no need for a discrepancy since the HLW are all the same.

FB Positioning - 50/50 - FB's were getting up the pitch too quickly, and running into the midfield, not to mention being able to be found very easily with a switch ball.

FT Control - 65/65 (previous 50/50) - Had some hesitation with this suggestion, but upon review, it's great. You just never know what can happen. Elite players are humanized still, but not so much that it inhibits their class. The pass speed at 50 also keeps the ball alive, and when the CPU chooses a unrealistic driven pass, the recipient's first touch will determine the next action versus just automatically able to turn or pass off to a runner. Happy with this.

Our soon to be version 6 is getting positive reviews so far:

FIFA 18 Operation Sports Sliders | Version 6.2 Beta (V6.2B)
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed
as of 12/2/17

*red indicates currently testing*

Sprint Speed - 50/50 - Had to bump this up because the lower sprint and acceleration were in part in creating the 1) slidey animation and 2) the backpedal, followed by forward pedal.

Acceleration - 50/50 - See above for sprint. Also wanted true fatigue back. Animations seem much smoother as well since putting these back to 50.

Shot Error - 50/50 - Too many posts hit before, even on 51. Still happens, but can't go under 50.

Pass Error - 55/55 (previous 52/52) - As suggested, we bumped this up from 52 and it's great to see the CPU being more humanized, but definitely not losing its attacking prowess or variety in play.

Shot Speed - 50/50 - Same as above for Shot Error. Feel like I saw a lot more backward save animations with the higher shot speed.

Pass Speed - 50/50 - Big difference here. Yes, driven pass will be attempted, but not always successful. Takes some getting used to as well, but at least it keeps the ball alive and passing feels less labored now than before.

Injury Frequency - 64/64 - less players walking off the pitch, and more recovering from injuries. Credit to @mark0r .

Injury Severity - 4/4 - still plenty of severe injuries and variety of injuries. Credit to @mark0r .

GK Ability - 50/50 - Had to get this back to 50. Honestly, I feel that the GK animations must be in sync with the shot speed + error chosen. This is why I feel the GK made so many more saves at a lower value. They would be late in reacting, yet somehow still get their gloves to the ball.

Marking - 50/50 (previous 49/49) - Happy to bump this back up to a normal value of 50/50. No issues with positioning, and no over/under marking with weird animations.

Run Frequency - 20/22 (previous 50/52) - As suggested, moved this down from 50/52, but keeping the 2 pt discrepancy for the CPU. This allows them get the crosses in and also promotes the same variety before. Overall, good balance with this lower run frequency - and of course seeing plenty of runs.

Height- 55/55 (previous 65/65) - This had to go down from 65. With it at 65, it was too easy to get from defensive third to defensive third. The midfield was bypassed too easily, especially with the pass speed + length, etc. The real key with this value was also to help the crossing game. This now allows the CPU and User runs to be more timed into the box, and that can result in crosses into space, versus crosses that loop up in the air lazily and meet someone's head...head on.

Length- 40/40 (previous 45/40) - Had to drop this back down to an even level. Think the 40/45 was working nicely, but eventually the CPU just started to get past the length too often. Now, evened out again, like version 5, there is a lot more midfield play. Building numbers defensively and offensively is real key now.

Width- 60/60 (previous 50/52) - Anytime we raise width, there is always a concern that it's going to be too wide, and players won't stay goal-side. Well, FIFA is already designed to be more narrow, so raising the width here, relative to the height + length, just works. They real key was to ensure that the marking was less...magnetic. Noticed on 50 width that the players were just falling over eachother, and performing that weird backpedal/forwardpedal animation. At 60 width, we're now in a great spot, and there's also no need for a discrepancy since the HLW are all the same.

FB Positioning - 50/50 - FB's were getting up the pitch too quickly, and running into the midfield, not to mention being able to be found very easily with a switch ball.

FT Control - 65/65 (previous 50/50) - Had some hesitation with this suggestion, but upon review, it's great. You just never know what can happen. Elite players are humanized still, but not so much that it inhibits their class. The pass speed at 50 also keeps the ball alive, and when the CPU chooses a unrealistic driven pass, the recipient's first touch will determine the next action versus just automatically able to turn or pass off to a runner. Happy with this.

Did they fix the magnetizing defending the newest update? That and the forward thinking CPU was spoiling the game for me.

To guys who play Seasons with manual controls. I always set team strenght filter to equal teams, I have no trouble finding games on 5* teams, usually even on 4,5*. But when I try to search for 3,5* or 4* teams I usually didnt find an opponent. Do you guys have experience if there is any chance to find a game even with lower teams with more patience or no one plays it? Thanks.

Has the difficulty been changed? Last night I lost the first game 2-1 on Legendary, my first defeat in Career mode. Made a nice change to be honest. I then played Wigan at home and they destroyed me 5-1.

Yeah I have been getting a couple of defeats since the last patch and I couldn't be happier to be honest, plays a great game again, never been so up and down after patches with this game though.

Does anyone think they'll make a World Cup game, or do you think it will be dlc like the Euros in PES. I hope it's free or under $10 DLC and it includes stadiums.

Back
Top Bottom