FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Sold this last night. For everything it does really well, the reality is I spent so much time tweaking difficulties, sliders, controls etc that I wasn't having much fun. I would get one great match in every 5 but then wasted time changing things to fix the issues only to create more. Every other game was being neglected so I've cut my losses and stepped away from football games for the greater good.

This has been my overall experience with football games over the past few years. They all end up feeling like a waste of time sooner rather than later. It's just not worth it, yet I end up faffing about with every year anyway. This year's fifa had a lot of good stuff going for it, too bad it's catered for the FUT playing hoardes. One simple tweak would make the game so much better, but it's just not happening - make the bloody stats count, why else is it there?

my updated fifa sliders for old school pes players , feedback welcome

CAMERA : Tele Broadcast 8/4

WORLD CLASS 5 MINUTE HALVES

USER

AI

Thanks for these goalgerd :)

I was just about to start a ML on PES2017 but thought i would give these a go. Early days yet but just had a fantastic match. One change i made was the game to 10 mins.

I keep going back to my 2vAI save with a friend and it's absolutely amazing, genuinely - most of the time. We (Everton) came back from 2-0 down to beat Swansea 3-2 (realised I'd never done that alone), and it's turned around our season (which feels so realistic). It's like the AI can't quite cope with two human players, so the "cheese" is diluted a little against similarly-matched teams.

But then we had a Europa League game against Brugge and within a couple of minutes I was saying "well, best turn it off now, I've got work tomorrow".

Insta-perfect passing, ping-pong up and down, impossible to stop bullshit. Like a different game (as in, like FIFA 10 or something, on "No Point Trying" difficulty).

I've got to say, there's more variety than before - and I'm a fan of that - but there was absolutely no stopping them. I mean, five defenders and two DMs and they were just ghosting past them like it was a training exercise.

I'm guessing it's the hidden "team styles" thing and that they're hideously overpowered. If I had a list of the teams that use "tiki-taka" (I guess that's what they're using) I'd at least be able to drop the difficulty a few levels...

But - and I've said it a million times now (sorry) - their focus is FUT, they keep changing the offline game for FUT players (who spam the offline FUT mode to get coins), and it feels like career mode guys are screwed going forward.

my updated fifa sliders for old school pes players , feedback welcome

CAMERA : Tele Broadcast 8/4

WORLD CLASS 5 MINUTE HALVES

USER

AI

Awesome mate thanks a lot , have played 3 games so far, all have been a good experiences, all exhibition games tho, hope CM gives me a similar experience or else no football games for me this year.

i play only exhibition game. CM is so weird , in one secound two star teams start to play like barcelona , completly different experience than exhibition.

Agreed with others, the CM is just so annoying sometimes. But then, I'm unclear on what else programmers can do with football at this stage.

When I'm playing well, every match takes the same pattern, then falls into one of two camps:
1. Dominate possession, control the game, score lovely goals in a one-sided battering.
2. Dominate possession, control the game, hit the post a couple times, see players inexplicably shoved off the ball in promising positions and the lose to a single goal which invariably involved tiki-taka passing around my area where I just can't switch players fast enough to solve it.

You can normally tell which one it's going to be really early - for me I do the 'shield' test. If little teeny midfielders can suddenly shove Pogba off the ball with no problems, it's going to be 2. If Pogba can hold the ball up using the shield, it'll be 1.

Agreed with others, the CM is just so annoying sometimes. But then, I'm unclear on what else programmers can do with football at this stage.
Remove the "overpower you" cheat, make the CPU's intelligence change depending on the team (and/or give us more sliders). Remove all of the shoddy cheat logic and build up an AI from scratch that doesn't have to resort to shortcuts.

There's a long way they could go (but won't due to the priority level of offline play).

I've come back to this after a couple months away and for me I'm quite happy with how it's playing just on default.

My only real complaints are still how easy it is, especially in attacking play, and the lack of fouls. I'm playing with Man Utd in CM, 8-10 min halves, Legendary, all default settings, and I'm dominating most games, rarely scoring less than 3, rarely conceding more than 1; I find the difficulty quite right against other top teams, but against lower quality teams it's way way too easy.

But I do think FIFA 18 is quite good, even if it's still counter-attack dominant and far too easy to create scoring chances. If they'd just better balance gameplay so that attacking isn't essentially overpowered in all facets, I'd probably love it. Although, having said that, I don't feel nearly as underpowered defending against the CPU this year as in years past.

Aside from that, I just desperately wish they'd overhaul CM. I'm not sure anything they've added to the mode in the last five or so years has been a real positive addition, and it remains a rather shallow experience.

I've come back to this after a couple months away and for me I'm quite happy with how it's playing just on default.

My only real complaints are still how easy it is, especially in attacking play, and the lack of fouls. I'm playing with Man Utd in CM, 8-10 min halves, Legendary, all default settings, and I'm dominating most games, rarely scoring less than 3, rarely conceding more than 1; I find the difficulty quite right against other top teams, but against lower quality teams it's way way too easy.

But I do think FIFA 18 is quite good, even if it's still counter-attack dominant and far too easy to create scoring chances. If they'd just better balance gameplay so that attacking isn't essentially overpowered in all facets, I'd probably love it. Although, having said that, I don't feel nearly as underpowered defending against the CPU this year as in years past.

Aside from that, I just desperately wish they'd overhaul CM. I'm not sure anything they've added to the mode in the last five or so years has been a real positive addition, and it remains a rather shallow experience.
I just came in here to post something similar.

I have played this on Xbox One X a lot today. Started a Career Mode with Spurs. Legendary difficulty.

Default sliders.

I couldn't lose. I was scoring on average 3 goals a game and only conceding 1 goal every 2 or 3 matches. It's so broke.

I am desperate for a good single player career mode but the other game's ML mode is absolute gash and this is ridiculously easy!

Just let us choose Ultimate Difficulty please EA, like you can on FUT.

Just booted up FIFA 16 on ps4 and after and after just a few games it struck me how much better it is than 18. Its better in almost every aspect, dribbling, passing, CPU ai, animations...and it doesn’t have that awful shielding mechanic. Just imagine if EA kept this enginge instead of switching to frostbite.

So been experimenting with sliders a bit ..settled on accel user 52 and AI 51 also reduced the ball speed down to around 33 for AI and both run speeds to low 40s. AI Marking I've lowered to 45 and now fouls have gone up to around 7/8 per game not sure what it's linked to. Also noticed the acceleration increase has an affect on shot power..also the slower ball and increased accel = less pass accuracy due to more interceptions due to players reacting quicker

Played another part game with some slider mods against man u..4 fouls in under 15 mins of the game..definitely to do with pass speed diferention and marking ..I have marking at 38 for AI..it reduces the constant barging but not too stand off..feels as there's more distance they dive in a bit more. Marking for me is basically amount of pressure or press the ball carrier gets

Just wait until you win a couple of matches and form kicks in, you'll walk every match after that.

That’s strange because i won a few matches in my CM, form kicked in (i’m guessing that’s player arrows pointing up) but now i am struggling to win again now. Only on World Class though not Legendary.

That’s strange because i won a few matches in my CM, form kicked in (i’m guessing that’s player arrows pointing up) but now i am struggling to win again now. Only on World Class though not Legendary.
Same here.

Struggled in pre season. Then won, drawn, lost and drawn. With Spurs (Legendary with Matt's new sliders)

Game feels far, faaaaar more challenging now.

Same here.

Struggled in pre season. Then won, drawn, lost and drawn. With Spurs (Legendary with Matt's new sliders)

Game feels far, faaaaar more challenging now.

I’m playing as Aston Villa and started off well, top of the table, but now i havent won in 3. I have to say that i do notice the individuality in this game. Terry is always well positioned at the back and Jedinak is excellent in midfield cutting passes out and making runs forward.

Ive upped my matches to 15 mins now so that i can take my time and pass around a bit. Anything shorter and i feel like im rushing.

i played a bundesliga season with dortmund and after 33 games it finished the season, very strange

That’s strange, should be 34 if im not mistaken.

How are you finding the game now goalgerd? I know you have spoken quite positive from the beginning. Is it still the same for you?

I’m playing as Aston Villa and started off well, top of the table, but now i havent won in 3. I have to say that i do notice the individuality in this game. Terry is always well positioned at the back and Jedinak is excellent in midfield cutting passes out and making runs forward.

Ive upped my matches to 15 mins now so that i can take my time and pass around a bit. Anything shorter and i feel like im rushing.

How are you finding the game now goalgerd? I know you have spoken quite positive from the beginning. Is it still the same for you?
Yes I might increase match time.

So, I've started a new career with Matt's new sliders and am actually having a great time. Game is much more difficult, slower and rewarding.

Good work @Matt10

Thanks for giving them a shot. The guys at OS definitely put in a lot of work into these. Sometimes trying to determine 50 values are the toughest to accept. EA did good here, but it feels a bit forced due to their shoddy engine and physics.

I think I mentioned it in the previous video, but adjusting making Home matches with World Class and Away matches with Legendary, should balance out the CM code to allow you to win easily. I will say though World Class feels tougher at times compared to Legendary. Still trying to determine what exactly is making them so different. In the past, it was pretty obvious (better passing, attention, etc), but this year it seems to just be the passing accuracy and intention to attack.

Thanks for giving them a shot. The guys at OS definitely put in a lot of work into these. Sometimes trying to determine 50 values are the toughest to accept. EA did good here, but it feels a bit forced due to their shoddy engine and physics.

I think I mentioned it in the previous video, but adjusting making Home matches with World Class and Away matches with Legendary, should balance out the CM code to allow you to win easily. I will say though World Class feels tougher at times compared to Legendary. Still trying to determine what exactly is making them so different. In the past, it was pretty obvious (better passing, attention, etc), but this year it seems to just be the passing accuracy and intention to attack.

So Matt10 are you saying it is best to play on Legendary if World Class can be tougher at times?

still enjoying it, playing league mode instead of career mode as its quicker to get through a season

So Matt10 are you saying it is best to play on Legendary if World Class can be tougher at times?

It's more so that Legendary plays safer. So the perception is that because the CPU plays safer, the passing % goes up, but their attacking prowess goes down a bit. However, when they get into scoring positions, they have a better chance of scoring.

Sounds like I should give the latest os sliders a go then. :) cheers!

still enjoying it, playing league mode instead of career mode as its quicker to get through a season

Good to hear you are still enjoying it. Me too.

It's more so that Legendary plays safer. So the perception is that because the CPU plays safer, the passing % goes up, but their attacking prowess goes down a bit. However, when they get into scoring positions, they have a better chance of scoring.

I may give Legendary a go once i get the hang of World Class. Personally i don’t really notice the CPU playing attacking all the time. The main thing for me is that they attack in different ways and that individuality exists and IMO is does.

Sounds like I should give the latest os sliders a go then. :) cheers!

Yes definitely. And also try goalgerd’s. :)

Good to hear you are still enjoying it. Me too.

I may give Legendary a go once i get the hang of World Class. Personally i don’t really notice the CPU playing attacking all the time. The main thing for me is that they attack in different ways and that individuality exists and IMO is does.

Yes definitely. And also try goalgerd’s. :)

I think the variety in FIFA 18 is much higher than previous versions, with FIFA 16 coming in closest. I would love a combo of FIFA 16 and 18's gameplay in terms of variation and CPU patience in attack. 18 is just a bit too quick for my liking (forward-forward), but 16 has the best build up and players aren't afraid to pass around the back.

I'm actually trying to determine if I want to start a YouTube CM for FIFA 18 or 16. With 16 (PC) I have so much customization in stadiums/graphics, etc, not to mention great gameplay and ignite. However with 18 it feels more modern and relevant to what is already on the channel.

Tough, but good decisions to be made!

I think the variety in FIFA 18 is much higher than previous versions, with FIFA 16 coming in closest. I would love a combo of FIFA 16 and 18's gameplay in terms of variation and CPU patience in attack. 18 is just a bit too quick for my liking (forward-forward), but 16 has the best build up and players aren't afraid to pass around the back.

I'm actually trying to determine if I want to start a YouTube CM for FIFA 18 or 16. With 16 (PC) I have so much customization in stadiums/graphics, etc, not to mention great gameplay and ignite. However with 18 it feels more modern and relevant to what is already on the channel.

Tough, but good decisions to be made!

Personally if i had FIFA 16 on PC with updated squads and stadiums etc... I would start a CM on that.

But being a PS4 guy i would have to stick with FIFA 18 because it is up to date.

Do you use the team tactics from OS?

Back
Top Bottom