FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Ok here are my sliders for anyone who wants to try ..for me gives it an old pes feel to it. Not trying to say it's simulation as it isn't but makes for a good game with fouls..last legue game 6 fouls against palace

10 min halves
Full manual
Slow

39/39. Speed
52/51 accel ..encourages fouls due to slightly higher response
56/54 shot error
56/60 pass error
53/53 shot speed
40/31 pass speed - increases interceptions tied in with increased accel
50/50
50/50
38/38 gk allows for mistakes
50/39 marking AI more stand off but not too much ..less barging slightky more slide tackles and fouls
65/60 Rf - more movement
55/55 height
50/50
45/45 width
3/3 full back - applies positioning control to the full backs with the higher run freq
54 power - needed for manual
45/65 first touch ..helps with the fouls imo better ball control

Not for everybody but I like it ..2 league games in won 1-0 against Watford lost 1-0 to palace ..typical 2 shots 1 goal from a corner

Latest OS sliders still make the game far too easy on all assisted, in my opinion. Absolutely no pressure from the backline at all and you can basically just walk straight through the midfield. Gerds sliders are a bit more difficult to break down on semi or manual passing, but still quite easy on assisted. I guess assisted is simply too easy and there's little to be done about it.

Game speed far too fast on the latest patch. Semi is the way to go, but it annoys me too much when your pass is just a little bit off and the receiver just flat out refuses to receive the pass.

But oh well, that's football games for you. :p

Latest OS sliders still make the game far too easy on all assisted, in my opinion. Absolutely no pressure from the backline at all and you can basically just walk straight through the midfield. Gerds sliders are a bit more difficult to break down on semi or manual passing, but still quite easy on assisted. I guess assisted is simply too easy and there's little to be done about it.

Game speed far too fast on the latest patch. Semi is the way to go, but it annoys me too much when your pass is just a little bit off and the receiver just flat out refuses to receive the pass.

But oh well, that's football games for you. :p

Sorry why don’t you try full manual all the way?

This game has really clicked for me. Seeing some fantastic matches and some boring matches. I have been trying OS sliders with slight adjustments like Marking for both at 55 and User Passing Error down to 50. Using goalgerd’s Camera settings. Also using the Team Tactics from OS. I played against Burton in my CM. They were constanly hitting long balls and then when my striker got sent off they change their play a bit.

The deflections. I love it when suddenly the ball breaks after a midfield battle and then you have a 3 on 2 situation. To me the ball feels so free. But this is only possible on full manual. It has taken me a while but finally it has clicked. Playing that inch perfect ball into space feels great. Being able to use an easy skill to get past a defender feels almost as good as scoring when it works.

And the little scenarios that occur in CM. Kodjia was back from a preseason injury, played a few games but then got injured in a crunching tackle between a defender and gk. After the match i had the news that he will be out for 7 months! Then during training Jedinak got injured and is now out for 5 months. Two of my best players out for the rest of the season. I love it!

Sorry why don’t you try full manual all the way?

This game has really clicked for me. Seeing some fantastic matches and some boring matches. I have been trying OS sliders with slight adjustments like Marking for both at 55 and User Passing Error down to 50. Using goalgerd’s Camera settings. Also using the Team Tactics from OS. I played against Burton in my CM. They were constanly hitting long balls and then when my striker got sent off they change their play a bit.

The deflections. I love it when suddenly the ball breaks after a midfield battle and then you have a 3 on 2 situation. To me the ball feels so free. But this is only possible on full manual. It has taken me a while but finally it has clicked. Playing that inch perfect ball into space feels great. Being able to use an easy skill to get past a defender feels almost as good as scoring when it works.

And the little scenarios that occur in CM. Kodjia was back from a preseason injury, played a few games but then got injured in a crunching tackle between a defender and gk. After the match i had the news that he will be out for 7 months! Then during training Jedinak got injured and is now out for 5 months. Two of my best players out for the rest of the season. I love it!

I should give it a go. I used to play full manual on pes, but found it to respond very differently on fifa. But yeah, I should give it a new go. :)

I should give it a go. I used to play full manual on pes, but found it to respond very differently on fifa. But yeah, I should give it a new go. :)

Being totally honest with you it took me ages (maybe 4 years) to get used to manual passing and I used to get really frustrated not being able to pass properly. Especially going from the D-pad to the stick. But now it feels so rewarding especially scoring.

I play on 15 min halves too so it means i can take time and pass around rather than rushing my passing.

I'm really enjoying this game, much more than I thought I would. I went through a brief period of thinking it was pretty meh but after some slider changes I realise it's in-depth and exactly what I want from a sports games. As such, I consider it to be EA's best offering for years and it makes me laugh how that happens at the same time as PES is getting better reviews (I seriously suspect reviewers and me have completely different expectations).

Matt's sliders are ace. I've got higher marking and lower GK ability than him but playing on semi/manual makes for a great game all-round. I found the AI completely outplayed me in the final third at first but it's been much better since I learned how to defend (don't jockey).

Agree with assisted passing/shooting/crossing being a bit too good though. Unlike past games, I feel semi is a fair challenge. You have to anticipate movement better and can't just pass it into a 5 yard space, expecting the player to take it in their stride if they're running the other way.

Only issue I have is that I score 75% of goals from crossing. It gets a bit samey but the build-up play is fun.

Being totally honest with you it took me ages (maybe 4 years) to get used to manual passing and I used to get really frustrated not being able to pass properly. Especially going from the D-pad to the stick. But now it feels so rewarding especially scoring.

I play on 15 min halves too so it means i can take time and pass around rather than rushing my passing.

Nice. Which sliders do you use? Gerds or the OS?

Ok here are my sliders for anyone who wants to try ..for me gives it an old pes feel to it. Not trying to say it's simulation as it isn't but makes for a good game with fouls..last legue game 6 fouls against palace

10 min halves
Full manual
Slow

39/39. Speed
52/51 accel ..encourages fouls due to slightly higher response
56/54 shot error
56/60 pass error
53/53 shot speed
40/31 pass speed - increases interceptions tied in with increased accel
50/50
50/50
38/38 gk allows for mistakes
50/39 marking AI more stand off but not too much ..less barging slightky more slide tackles and fouls
65/60 Rf - more movement
55/55 height
50/50
45/45 width
3/3 full back - applies positioning control to the full backs with the higher run freq
54 power - needed for manual
45/65 first touch ..helps with the fouls imo better ball control

Not for everybody but I like it ..2 league games in won 1-0 against Watford lost 1-0 to palace ..typical 2 shots 1 goal from a corner
Minor change
Width 52 as was getting down the lines too easy. AI passing error reduced to 57 , AI marking 40 and shot power on both sides to 54..great game against city winning 3-2 and got my first sliding penalty since october..loving this game again

Nice. Which sliders do you use? Gerds or the OS?

Ive just started giving OS sliders a go simply because i am using the team tactics sliders from OS too. I have upped Marking to 55. And dropped GK to 45.

I have started to notice that the CPU attacks a lot even when they are winning they don’t time waste like in previous years.

And i wish i could slow the pace of the game slightly.

I'm such a sucker but I've come back to this after 2 weeks away. The exploit I found is still there but I'll just stop myself using it.

Would anyone consider making a Fifa 18 slider thread please? I can't find all the pages with recommended sliders and I need some to make this game better. Thanks.

I can't believe I am still enjoying FIFA 17 modded. I am on my 6th season so far and this was some nice contextual dribbling. As you all know, contextual dribbling is removed in FIFA 18 and you will have to press skill buttons to do it. In FIFA 17 with the gameplay mod, players with higher dribbling skills can automatically pull moves based on the situation. The only problem I have with this game is I wish the attacking AI was a bit more lethal. Other than that, so enjoyable!

giphy.gif

Sorry Topaz why not use this thread https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-17-pc-discussion.76664/

I could be wrong but i’m guessing the majority on this thread are playing FIFA 18 on console. ;)

I will move it there.

No worries Topaz. I am seriously pleased that you are enjoying FIFA 17 with mods and things. I wish that i had the money to buy a gaming pc but as i’m getting older with more responsibilities its not gonna happen. :)

You are right though that there are a few niggles with FIFA 18 but it has made me learn a few basic tricks. Also, i think it is goalgerds slider set that has the CPU acc and sprint one point lower than human. That really helps to take on defenders with just sprint. What is good is that not all them can do it which still keeps a bit of realism in the game. Also with magnetic marking, by reducing Marking that does not happen as much in my games. Although i have just recently increased marking to 55 for both human and CPU.

No worries Topaz. I am seriously pleased that you are enjoying FIFA 17 with mods and things. I wish that i had the money to buy a gaming pc but as i’m getting older with more responsibilities its not gonna happen. :)

You are right though that there are a few niggles with FIFA 18 but it has made me learn a few basic tricks. Also, i think it is goalgerds slider set that has the CPU acc and sprint one point lower than human. That really helps to take on defenders with just sprint. What is good is that not all them can do it which still keeps a bit of realism in the game. Also with magnetic marking, by reducing Marking that does not happen as much in my games. Although i have just recently increased marking to 55 for both human and CPU.

Hopefully soon, FIFA 18 modders will find a way to patch those issues like they did with FIFA 17. However starting from FIFA 19, modding will be hard as most of the legacy files will be removed. Which means that if EA decides to make a crappy game, no one can fix it.

Ive just started giving OS sliders a go simply because i am using the team tactics sliders from OS too. I have upped Marking to 55. And dropped GK to 45.

I have started to notice that the CPU attacks a lot even when they are winning they don’t time waste like in previous years.

And i wish i could slow the pace of the game slightly.

Nice, thanks. Had a couple of full manual games yesterday with gerds sliders. Won 4-0 at Swansea on professional, but drew two matches 0-0 on World Class, could hardly create a chance. Too easy to defend on professional for it to be any real challenge. Should maybe force myself to play more wc matches, even though they're frustrating as hell. :p

I have to say though, the players receiving the ball feel way more receptive and responsive on professional! It's like they're less responsive on wc as a sort of difficulty thing.

I'm such a sucker but I've come back to this after 2 weeks away. The exploit I found is still there but I'll just stop myself using it.

Would anyone consider making a Fifa 18 slider thread please? I can't find all the pages with recommended sliders and I need some to make this game better. Thanks.

A slider thread would be great, especially with video examples of slider sets. Even better would be fifa supporting saving and exporting/importing slider presets - why on earth isn't this in the game already?

Nice, thanks. Had a couple of full manual games yesterday with gerds sliders. Won 4-0 at Swansea on professional, but drew two matches 0-0 on World Class, could hardly create a chance. Too easy to defend on professional for it to be any real challenge. Should maybe force myself to play more wc matches, even though they're frustrating as hell. :p

I have to say though, the players receiving the ball feel way more receptive and responsive on professional! It's like they're less responsive on wc as a sort of difficulty thing.

Yes move up to WC full manual. Once you get the hang of it it is really rewarding. One thing i like is that they have taken out the ‘injury time goal’ script. It happens but i feel its more my fault. Also the ‘score directly after you’ script has been removed.

Well currently in L1 on my Exeter career on Legendary, settings on Semi.

Played Everton in the 3rd Round of the cup and produced probably my best performance:-

One thing I have definitely noticed about FIFA 18 this year is how much the game relies on pace and acceleration.
I know FIFA has always been a huge reliant on PACE over skill but this year it is so much more evident than previous years.

Using Matt's sliders on World Class and 9 minute halves, I started an FA Cup competition as Arsenal to see if I could find the magic again. First match against Bradford, they fought fairly hard but they never threatened the goal much, although I wasn't exactly hitting the target from my limited opportunities. Eventually they ran out of steam and I got 2 late goals for the win. Pretty meh all round.

Decided to have one more match before turning in and wow, what a tie against Brentford at The Emirates. In the first 10 mins they had 7 shots to my none and with 30 on the clock they were 2-0 up. No scripting or cheating, they simply fought for everything (plus my passing was sloppy.) In the second half I tweaked the formation to bring Theo and Sanchez closer to Laca and that's when I began getting up the pitch a lot more. I made it 2-2 with 5 to play and, deep into injury time, Ramsey popped up after a great save from the keeper to scissor-kick it in from 10 yards. I actually I punched the air.

I have used lots of different sliders sets now.

At first I think "Wow this is better!"

But then you find out simple moves which beat the CPU every match.

The CPU doesn't know how to consistently attack with this Frostbite Engine. The game is broke. To make the game a tiny but challenging you have to hinder yourself and go full manual, which isn't realistic, because the CPU doesn't play like that.

Single player is yet again, a mess. It's boring after 10 or so matches.

I think single player is decent this year and sliders do make a difference. Also playing manual for some is not just about making it challenging it's about allowing freedom of play, its not to handicap myself in anyway. And when you say 10 matches is that on the bounce. If so that's 5 hours ..im sure any game will be a bit repetitive after that amount of time

I have used lots of different sliders sets now.

At first I think "Wow this is better!"

But then you find out simple moves which beat the CPU every match.

The CPU doesn't know how to consistently attack with this Frostbite Engine. The game is broke. To make the game a tiny but challenging you have to hinder yourself and go full manual, which isn't realistic, because the CPU doesn't play like that.

Single player is yet again, a mess. It's boring after 10 or so matches.

Yeah, I find myself that the AI attacking is pretty limited. They don't surprise me and are very predictable with their attack.

I think single player is decent this year and sliders do make a difference. Also playing manual for some is not just about making it challenging it's about allowing freedom of play, its not to handicap myself in anyway. And when you say 10 matches is that on the bounce. If so that's 5 hours ..im sure any game will be a bit repetitive after that amount of time
No I didn't play 10 games 'on the bounce.'

No slider set makes the CPU more aggressive in attacking.

I beat Chelsea 3-0 without even having to try, with Matts sliders, on Legendary. The game's most difficult level ffs!!!

The game is broke - the crappy new engine has ruined FIFA.

No I didn't play 10 games 'on the bounce.'

No slider set makes the CPU more aggressive in attacking.

I beat Chelsea 3-0 without even having to try, with Matts sliders, on Legendary. The game's most difficult level ffs!!!

The game is broke - the crappy new engine has ruined FIFA.

Guru man.. in two pages you've gone from ridiculous to great and challenging to broken again.. and it's just the last two pages..

Maybe next time you decide to give it a shot, you should try a whole season or something before giving another "definitive" sentence.. please don't take it the wrong way, as I empathize with your frustration (I remained without an up to date soccer game from 2014 to 2016, trying unsuccessfully to force myself to like what there was.. I know how it feels) but this whole contrasting opinions in such a short span of time are starting to look hilarious :D

Guru man.. in two pages you've gone from ridiculous to great and challenging to broken again.. and it's just the last two pages..

Maybe next time you decide to give it a shot, you should try a whole season or something before giving another "definitive" sentence.. please don't take it the wrong way, as I empathize with your frustration (I remained without an up to date soccer game from 2014 to 2016, trying unsuccessfully to force myself to like what there was.. I know how it feels) but this whole contrasting opinions in such a short span of time are starting to look hilarious :D
I know I know, you're right.

It's because I get so excited about a new slider set, then I play a load of games, players gets into form and you can't lose.

It's not just me saying this though. I had a look at the official forums (yeah I know) and there millions of people all saying how easy this is.

Even on Matt 10s OS forum people still say it's far too easy even with sliders.

I guess I want to love this, because the ML on the 'other game' is so terrible.

But alas, it's another year of no single player football gaming for me and it's shaping up to be that way for the foreseeable future I fear.

What do you think the last difficult FIFA was? For me it was FIFA 16 or FIFA 11. FIFA 16 due to how accurate and robot the attacking CPU was. Everything was 100% accurate including shooting and passing. FIFA 11 is due to how good big teams were. Big teams actually played like big teams in FIFA 11 and pretty much destroy you with good attacking movement AI. FIFA 15, FIFA 17 and FIFA 18 are the most easiest FIFA I have ever played especially in Legendary.

What do you think the last difficult FIFA was? For me it was FIFA 16 or FIFA 11. FIFA 16 due to how accurate and robot the attacking CPU was. Everything was 100% accurate including shooting and passing. FIFA 11 is due to how good big teams were. Big teams actually played like big teams in FIFA 11 and pretty much destroy you with good attacking movement AI. FIFA 15, FIFA 17 and FIFA 18 are the most easiest FIFA I have ever played especially in Legendary.
FIFA 14s difficulty levels were perfect. Man that game was good.

The franchise has gone backwards fast since then!

FIFA 14s difficulty levels were perfect. Man that game was good.

The franchise has gone backwards fast since then!

FIFA 14 had really good AI. I remember that each match felt different. However when of my biggest issue of FIFA 14 was the catch up bug and how slow it was just to move a player.

Back
Top Bottom