FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Not seeing any difference in the game after the patch, just finding it a bit easy to one touch pass all the way through the opposition

Seriously getting annoyed with the amount of times the woodwork is getting struck every match. What can be done to reduce this?

I was about to post the same thing.

Manual shooting.

I’m on manual shooting and ive recently found im hitting the post about twice a match and the CPU too. I don’t mind so much when winning but when losing and Alan Smith keeps harping on about how bad my striker is and then he keeps hitting the woodwork its annoying.

I’m not experiencing scripting in the game but the constant hitting the post is making it feel like it is.

Hi there, Im a Full manual controls player and I would like to buy FIFA 18. I have one question for those who play FUMA online. Does the game find full manual opponents in Divisions game mode quickly? Because in PES 2018 it sometimes takes ages... Thanks.

Passing way too easy still and I still win 10 matches in a row on Legendary. However on those 10 matches, I have yet to have a single successful 1 on 1 dribble. Even though FIFA 18 had the best AI so far where each match does feel different and there is a difference between crappy teams and world class teams, I still think FIFA 16 is a better game in general. FIFA 16 had better dribbling, better midfield, better interception, better defending. The part where FIFA 16 fails is the CPU AI. Too scripted and ping pong.

Passing way too easy still and I still win 10 matches in a row on Legendary. However on those 10 matches, I have yet to have a single successful 1 on 1 dribble. Even though FIFA 18 had the best AI so far where each match does feel different and there is a difference between crappy teams and world class teams, I still think FIFA 16 is a better game in general. FIFA 16 had better dribbling, better midfield, better interception, better defending. The part where FIFA 16 fails is the CPU AI. Too scripted and ping pong.

Are you playing full manual Topaz?
Also, what camera settings are you using? If i play on Broadcast (i think it is) zoomed in then it is more difficult so i have to play on Tele Broadcast to make it easier.

So maybe changing the camera settings will make it more challenging.

I like the patch, feels more like day one..ive gone back to default sliders., legendary, full manual

How do both you guys play on legendary? I struggle on Professional at the moment.

Are you playing full manual Topaz?
Also, what camera settings are you using? If i play on Broadcast (i think it is) zoomed in then it is more difficult so i have to play on Tele Broadcast to make it easier.

So maybe changing the camera settings will make it more challenging.

How do both you guys play on legendary? I struggle on Professional at the moment.

Haha, I also don't think I'd ever make it to legendary. I flip flop between professional and world class.

Interesting to hear going back to default sliders after the patch. I might try that.

Legendary is a challenge but I feel it's more realistic than world class..in career mode I finished 10th as Liverpool. That said I did play on 51/51 accept and sprint to 50/50 for the ai purely to get away from the barging
.ladt night I went back to equal sprint and accel and had 3 games ..drew one and lost 2 but barging didn't feel as much and game felt a nice tempo

I'd like to stick to professional difficulty but the score lines against the AI are too much. Tried again yesterday and won 7-2 away from home against a decent side. On World Class the difficulty it's much more realistic for me but I sometimes get so frustrated at some matches where the AI can block every single shot. In the same games, the AI visibly gets a stat boost for about 15 mins where there's nothing you can do to stop them eventually scoring. It's infuriating.

Played a few games last night and the AI's passes forward aren't far from being completely straight lines towards the goal. There's no thought whatsoever and no variation in their approach.

I think it's all over for me, sadly. Feels heavily online-focused and a step backwards in terms of the AI. Really pissed off about their new direction, and I don't see it changing any time soon. Not even next year.

I saw way more back heel passes last night post patch (I am using the Matt10's latest sliders if that helps)
I don't remember seeing anywhere near as many prior to the patch being installed. I had to check I wasn't playing PES for a moment lol. Has anybody else noticed this?

IMO - FIFA this year could be fixed with just three simple changes.

1. PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
Passing tweaked so there aren't so many short passing errors and take away the fact it feels so scripted this year (no matter how long I hold the button it seems to just pass to a pre-determined target)
I do however like the fact though this year that there is a lot of passing errors when players are under pressure.

2. DEFENDING IMPROVEMENTS
Bring back the ability to use the block tackle button so you can actually make interceptions and tackle players, jockeying all the time and just trying to intercept passes that way doesn't really work and isn't fun.

3. AI IMPROVEMENTS
Midfielders are very static and like standing around not doing anything when attacking. AI defenders also need to not follow the runners so much, so it feels complete Man to Man, as most teams I watch playing football use Zonal Marking. - As I believe most people have seen my Clyne goal from the PC thread, which massively highlights the issue I have here.

IMO - FIFA this year could be fixed with just three simple changes.

1. PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
Passing tweaked so there aren't so many short passing errors and take away the fact it feels so scripted this year (no matter how long I hold the button it seems to just pass to a pre-determined target)
I do however like the fact though this year that there is a lot of passing errors when players are under pressure.

2. DEFENDING IMPROVEMENTS
Bring back the ability to use the block tackle button so you can actually make interceptions and tackle players, jockeying all the time and just trying to intercept passes that way doesn't really work and isn't fun.

3. AI IMPROVEMENTS
Midfielders are very static and like standing around not doing anything when attacking. AI defenders also need to not follow the runners so much, so it feels complete Man to Man, as most teams I watch playing football use Zonal Marking. - As I believe most people have seen my Clyne goal from the PC thread, which massively highlights the issue I have here.

Yep! Pretty much this. Send it in to ea. :)

Ok, I'm almost at the point of getting rid of this. As much as I love it, there are some elements that just aren't like real football. Firstly, can anyone give me any tips for dribbling? Seriously - I have tried EVERYTHING and I can never dribble past a single player. No matter what input I use, the AI can read my mind. It's infuriating.

Secondly, I've amassed around 100 matches so far and still haven't seen an AI player booked or had a free kick in shooting range. Utterly stupid.

Ok, I'm almost at the point of getting rid of this. As much as I love it, there are some elements that just aren't like real football. Firstly, can anyone give me any tips for dribbling? Seriously - I have tried EVERYTHING and I can never dribble past a single player. No matter what input I use, the AI can read my mind. It's infuriating.

Secondly, I've amassed around 100 matches so far and still haven't seen an AI player booked or had a free kick in shooting range. Utterly stupid.

Hey, I am on the same boat as you. Frustrated on how each time the CPU magnetically wins and shields the ball 100% of the time and not getting past players, I vented a lot on the soccergaming forum about it. A guy named Fidel who does a lot of gameplay patches responded me with this: https://streamable.com/i545a

If you have PC version of the game, that might actually fix all the issue. That adds more error to the CPU defense and they pressure you instead of always closing you down and magnetically winning the ball.

Fidel's clever method of tweaking AI tackling and pressuring works well, and results in AI players fouling a lot more. There is another simpler method of achieving something similar on PC that is well worth trying by Paul24K and Supernova. It involves some simple locale.ini file edits (with a text editor like Notepad). It's easy to change yourself and remove if you don't like it. See: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/supernova-gp-tips-improvements-etc.6459595/

Sorry to be OT for console users. PM me if you have any further questions.

The Fidel gameplay patch is so good. I am scoring goals that I wouldn't normally score but the patch brings out the best physics that the game code is hidden in. I am getting so many natural goals and nice play by the CPU and I love how this cross just went in:

giphy.gif

Nggghhhhhhh.

Played a couple of games last night that were genuinely brilliant, particularly Birmingham v Bolton, a clash for play-off positions (still very early in the season but two good teams in my game).

Latest Operation Sports / @Matt10 sliders. I saw new animations from the keeper, punching the ball away from a hard, fast header with a stance and hit like a boxer (because it was a reflex save).

The pace remained great for those two games, and the stats were great (Birmingham finished with 75% possession which is pretty good, and rare for me now, even though you do see it sometimes).

Most importantly for me, the passes weren't just "who's the most forward player I can pass to", over and over and over again.

Until the third game (against Ipswich). Then it started happening again, and in fast-forward. Or at least, the AI was first-time passing without error, all driven passes moving at 100mph, and I can't bear to play it at that point.

Restarted the game three times and on the third occasion it seemed better, but at that point I just felt so disheartened (though I was glad to read on the FIFA Reddit page someone who was talking about the same phenomenon, not just me then).

Nggghhhhhhh.

Played a couple of games last night that were genuinely brilliant, particularly Birmingham v Bolton, a clash for play-off positions (still very early in the season but two good teams in my game).

Latest Operation Sports / @Matt10 sliders. I saw new animations from the keeper, punching the ball away from a hard, fast header with a stance and hit like a boxer (because it was a reflex save).

The pace remained great for those two games, and the stats were great (Birmingham finished with 75% possession which is pretty good, and rare for me now, even though you do see it sometimes).

Most importantly for me, the passes weren't just "who's the most forward player I can pass to", over and over and over again.

Until the third game (against Ipswich). Then it started happening again, and in fast-forward. Or at least, the AI was first-time passing without error, all driven passes moving at 100mph, and I can't bear to play it at that point.

Restarted the game three times and on the third occasion it seemed better, but at that point I just felt so disheartened (though I was glad to read on the FIFA Reddit page someone who was talking about the same phenomenon, not just me then).

Yes, I would agree with this, Chris. It seems to happen mid-game as well. Look here. Early on...great...towards the end...incredibly fast...

(yes, I know I screwed up and forgot to move Jagielka out of LM before match start...lol)

I have yet to manage to fix the game somehow going fast-forward. I usually just close the game when it happens.

It's just strange. Like the game code has kicked in. I can "feel" it because my PC will suddenly move all frames forward with a stutter. Like something is being activated.

Prepatch, I found that matches using current customized squads played much more contained than download latest squads. While this could definitely be a placebo, it seems that post patch, both squad versions play the same.

It's just strange. Like the game code has kicked in. I can "feel" it because my PC will suddenly move all frames forward with a stutter. Like something is being activated.

Prepatch, I found that matches using current customized squads played much more contained than download latest squads. While this could definitely be a placebo, it seems that post patch, both squad versions play the same.

Apparently reducing mental stats globally reduce the chances of it. I have yet to try it however but I should. That sounds plausible.

On the PS4, try pressing the co-op cam button, the big rectangle one on your controller, and then again to return to your original cam to reduce the sudden increase in game speed. It seems to work, but sometimes you need to do it a few times during a match.

Ah, these football games, truly a wild goose chase. They'll never become the way we'd like, will they? :P

I continue to be a bit puzzled by some of the comments in here about issues with playing against the CPU. I'm playing my CM on default settings, on Legendary, and my only real complaint is it's a bit too easy, pretty much all due to issues with defensive AI (run tracking, lack of aggression, defenders taking odd angles, players behind the play standing around, CPU defenders freezing on skill moves, etc). That and the lack of fouls.

It's most certainly not perfect, and I've fiddled with sliders and used Matt10's, but I find they just create as many issues as they solve. I played with the last OperationSports sliders for a while but the slow pass speed kinda killed everything for me. Haven't tried the new one yet but I'm not sure I'll bother because I'm pretty happy with default. I might borrow from them the line settings but keep most at default so as not to make it even easier than it already is.

Really, my biggest complaint is actually with playing Squad Battles in FUT. Don't even get me started on the bullshit that pops up when playing the AI in that mode. Play that for a bit, then go back to CM and it's like a walk in the park!

I'm at the point now where I'm kinda content with the game, but at the same time I recognize FIFA needs tons of work.

It may be all in my head, but the update 1.03 messed the game pretty badly. The players move a lot less organic, like there are some skipped frames in order to finish the animations faster. The little steps when dribbling or changing direction, the body adjustments - those seem to be significantly reduced. There is a magnetic feeling when moving the players, which translates into the lack of true 360 degrees movement.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this before 1.03, I played quite a bit with sliders set 4.3 and it was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom