FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

One more update to the sliders, thanks to @Topaz and @papinho81 for jumping on my stream yesterday to help iron things out.

After the stream, I feel good enough to call these Version 4, but will defer to everyone to try first. As a result, we'll call it BetaV4.1 (Version 4.1 Beta). I have highlighted the changed values in red, and the v4 beta values in parentheses.

FIFA 18 Operation Sports Sliders | Version 4.1 (Beta)
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed
as of 10/22/17

*parentheses indicate previous/current active version*

Sprint Speed - 45/45 (50/50) - What a difference the lower Sprint does. Yes, we've known that it always tends to improve things, but at the cost of too much jogging animation. This year, it's much better and more contained. The lower sprint brings in much needed physicality and control over players.

Acceleration - 50/50 - No change.

Shot Error - 51/51 (52/52) - Dropped down just a bit to compensate for all the posts hit.

Pass Error - 55/60 (52/52) - Adjusting pass speed means we can bump the pass error now. Many have said no issues with it previously in the 60's for CPU, and I would agree. I think our old beliefs of previous versions of FIFA are starting to take shape into this 18 version of FIFA. Pass error does not make the CPU inept or lacking attack, it depends highly on the pass speed. This is why it is always important to understand the concept that sliders are all relative.

Shot Speed - 50/50 - No change.

Pass Speed - 45/45 (45/35) - Thanks to Papinho for this suggestion. Relative to the change in Pass Error, this is a great feel with the ball. Nice to see some whipped in crosses, and some driven passes that are relevant to the positioning. I just love how we have now been able to get this to work.

Injury Frequency - 45/45 (50/50) - This is one I'm just throwing out there. Haven't seen a crazy amount of injuries with it, and no random walk offs. Have to make sure though. Tried some of the other suggested, but too many injures, and those shoulder injuries started to be the common theme ala FIFA 16.

Injury Severity - 40/40 (50/50) - This is one I'm just throwing out there. Haven't seen a crazy amount of injuries with it, and no random walk offs. Have to make sure though. Tried some of the other suggested, but too many injures, and those shoulder injuries started to be the common theme ala FIFA 16.

GK Ability - 50/50 (42/42) - This was a pleasant surprise. GK is much more sync'd up with the shot at hand, letting their ratings really stand out. Haven't seen any ridiculous crazy saves like we tend to see on lower values. Definitely worth a shot to look at again. Seeing more goals that is for sure as well.

Marking - 58/58 (60/60) - Just had to drop this down a bit from 60 because the defending players were starting to switch roles too often. It still happens at times, but not as bad now.

Run Frequency - 45/45 (60/60) - With the increase at FB below, this makes sense to lower RF now. This isn't so low that the CPU plays very direct, and it's not exactly passive either. Still maintains A LOT of variety.

Height- 60/60 (52/50) - Really want the HLW to work. Forcing the lines to get more compression against the CPU is so key to an enjoyable experience. It wasn't happening without the common siege at the top of the 18-yard box. At least with the HLW combination here, there is much more midfield and much better positioning overall.

Length- 40/45 (50/50) - Biting the bullet here, but relative to the adjustments at hand, this had to be done. There just has to be a discrepancy of significant value when it comes to the CPU's constant forward-forward attack. They still do it, it's built in, but at least with this combination of RF+Marking+HLW, it is starting to come together.

Width- 52/52 (48/48) - As determined a couple nights ago, we have to get better crosses. The width should allow the players to get into the box at a better time, and get on the end of some crosses now. In addition, this should help the defensive shape throughout the pitch, and not just at the top of the box or defensive third.

FB Positioning - 100/100 (70/70) - Now the FB's are getting up the pitch, but even then they aren't getting all the way behind the defensive line, but they are getting up there and staying in transition. Thest best part is they recover from their runs nicely, but definitely not automatically glued back - which is usually the issue with a high line + lower than 50 length. The CPU will definitely test your FB's positioning, as is the case in most situations, but at least you won't be faced up against 1 striker the whole time. The CPU attack is completely changed as well. With more options in the attack, they actually use their teammates, passing back, sideways, etc.

FT Control - 50/50 (55/55) - Oddly enough putting this back to 50 is showcasing more bad touches than before. I'm not sure if it is a combination of all the values, but it's nice to see some true ratings kick in for the lower caliber players vs higher caliber. This also affects the the player's dribbling as well.

One more update to the sliders, thanks to @Topaz and @papinho81 for jumping on my stream yesterday to help iron things out.

After the stream, I feel good enough to call these Version 4, but will defer to everyone to try first. As a result, we'll call it BetaV4.1 (Version 4.1 Beta). I have highlighted the changed values in red, and the v4 beta values in parentheses.

FIFA 18 Operation Sports Sliders | Version 4.1 (Beta)
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed
as of 10/22/17

*parentheses indicate previous/current active version*

Sprint Speed - 45/45 (50/50) - What a difference the lower Sprint does. Yes, we've known that it always tends to improve things, but at the cost of too much jogging animation. This year, it's much better and more contained. The lower sprint brings in much needed physicality and control over players.

Acceleration - 50/50 - No change.

Shot Error - 51/51 (52/52) - Dropped down just a bit to compensate for all the posts hit.

Pass Error - 55/60 (52/52) - Adjusting pass speed means we can bump the pass error now. Many have said no issues with it previously in the 60's for CPU, and I would agree. I think our old beliefs of previous versions of FIFA are starting to take shape into this 18 version of FIFA. Pass error does not make the CPU inept or lacking attack, it depends highly on the pass speed. This is why it is always important to understand the concept that sliders are all relative.

Shot Speed - 50/50 - No change.

Pass Speed - 45/45 (45/35) - Thanks to Papinho for this suggestion. Relative to the change in Pass Error, this is a great feel with the ball. Nice to see some whipped in crosses, and some driven passes that are relevant to the positioning. I just love how we have now been able to get this to work.

Injury Frequency - 45/45 (50/50) - This is one I'm just throwing out there. Haven't seen a crazy amount of injuries with it, and no random walk offs. Have to make sure though. Tried some of the other suggested, but too many injures, and those shoulder injuries started to be the common theme ala FIFA 16.

Injury Severity - 40/40 (50/50) - This is one I'm just throwing out there. Haven't seen a crazy amount of injuries with it, and no random walk offs. Have to make sure though. Tried some of the other suggested, but too many injures, and those shoulder injuries started to be the common theme ala FIFA 16.

GK Ability - 50/50 (42/42) - This was a pleasant surprise. GK is much more sync'd up with the shot at hand, letting their ratings really stand out. Haven't seen any ridiculous crazy saves like we tend to see on lower values. Definitely worth a shot to look at again. Seeing more goals that is for sure as well.

Marking - 58/58 (60/60) - Just had to drop this down a bit from 60 because the defending players were starting to switch roles too often. It still happens at times, but not as bad now.

Run Frequency - 45/45 (60/60) - With the increase at FB below, this makes sense to lower RF now. This isn't so low that the CPU plays very direct, and it's not exactly passive either. Still maintains A LOT of variety.

Height- 60/60 (52/50) - Really want the HLW to work. Forcing the lines to get more compression against the CPU is so key to an enjoyable experience. It wasn't happening without the common siege at the top of the 18-yard box. At least with the HLW combination here, there is much more midfield and much better positioning overall.

Length- 40/45 (50/50) - Biting the bullet here, but relative to the adjustments at hand, this had to be done. There just has to be a discrepancy of significant value when it comes to the CPU's constant forward-forward attack. They still do it, it's built in, but at least with this combination of RF+Marking+HLW, it is starting to come together.

Width- 52/52 (48/48) - As determined a couple nights ago, we have to get better crosses. The width should allow the players to get into the box at a better time, and get on the end of some crosses now. In addition, this should help the defensive shape throughout the pitch, and not just at the top of the box or defensive third.

FB Positioning - 100/100 (70/70) - Now the FB's are getting up the pitch, but even then they aren't getting all the way behind the defensive line, but they are getting up there and staying in transition. Thest best part is they recover from their runs nicely, but definitely not automatically glued back - which is usually the issue with a high line + lower than 50 length. The CPU will definitely test your FB's positioning, as is the case in most situations, but at least you won't be faced up against 1 striker the whole time. The CPU attack is completely changed as well. With more options in the attack, they actually use their teammates, passing back, sideways, etc.

FT Control - 50/50 (55/55) - Oddly enough putting this back to 50 is showcasing more bad touches than before. I'm not sure if it is a combination of all the values, but it's nice to see some true ratings kick in for the lower caliber players vs higher caliber. This also affects the the player's dribbling as well.

I am going to test these sliders out and make a video with my gameplay patch. It looked excellent on your stream especially the last match. You have ironed out all the issues with the game and it looks like there was added difficulty with the change of sprint animation cycle.

having a tough time in career mode - now at the end of january.
2nd leg of league cup Chelsea held me to a 0-0 draw (GK was amazing) so they went through as they beat me at Anfield 0-1
I have lots of my team out through injury (i use high injury slider but low severity) - Mane out for 5 week, Firminho out for 2 weeks, Wanaldum out for 2 weeks and now Sturridge. I'm struggling scoring now due to the injuries and the speed of my team is showing. I've loaded out Ings so i have the ex chelsea youngster 9forgot his name) who is slow - saying that sturridge is having a crap season.
I've just lost against swansea and also Preston held me 1-1 in 4th round of cup so another game which will probably lead to more injuries...love this game :)

trying to find the perfect spot and make this game looks more realistic and lifelike, of course from my point of view. these sliders are for people who want real tempo like match in real life. best teams play like they play in real life but they are not perfect, many fouls, bad touches and fight in the midfield. with this set of sliders best driblers can`t past through you without you having a real chance to position yourself and win the ball which is so rewarding and most important thing no more cheap goals. not every cross can be executed right, you have to be in right position for that, also some misplaced crosses appear so randomness is present. for some of you this values will look a little bit extreme, but I won`t evaluate every one of them becouse together they play nice and a lot like human. so here they are:

sprint 1/1
acceleration 55/55
shot error 55/55
pass error 68/68
shot speed 45/45
pass speed 33/33
injury frequency 53/53
injury severity 51/51
gk ability 25/25
marking 60/60
run frequency 20/20
line height 60/60
line lenght 40/45
line width 52/52
fb positioning 70/70
ft error 70/70

I reccomend to play the game on full manual, slow, world class, 10 minute halfs and classic cam with values 0/0

huge thanks for Matt findings about line positioning and marking values :)

Just played 3 matches tonight on WC against AI and not one foul. If I wanted to play PES I'd buy the ****ing thing!!

This needs fixing ASAP. Fouls are a huge part of football and neither game has them.

Just played 3 matches tonight on WC against AI and not one foul. If I wanted to play PES I'd buy the ****ing thing!!

This needs fixing ASAP. Fouls are a huge part of football and neither game has them.

Agreed

Disgraceful from both games really, These are essential features in any football game!

Just had a couple of games trying out these settings on my Samsung TV and the difference was amazing in HDR on the PS4. Only thing is you need to come off game mode. Settings start about 3 minutes in.

Also these are the first 2 goals I've scored Vs CPU with @Placebo sliders

RVP pouncing on a loose pass from AI.

Looping header from corner, 3 players jumping for same ball.

2 things I wish they would fix in career mode.
I hate how the cups become a bracket, I wish they would still remain random upto the final
Thus being said I wish we could watch the draw as it happened option to skip for inpatient folk of course.

Loving career mode legendary no sliders lost playing in the Division 2 Playoff final and most other years would have restarted higher up instead of playing the same league again for another season but having a blast

Still going hard at my CM. Will post results when I have something concise, to type out. Still using Ce Bo's sliders set. Next CM will go with Matt's OS sliders for second CM. To bring a moment of fun to all this Lab work I am doing. What the hell is Alt J (Deadcrush) on and can I have some , I know good dope sells it self but gee wiz. My number one jam so far.

Alt J : Hey video director I want my fan base to not understand want the hell I am trying to express.

Video director: Say no more

Last edited:

strange I'm in Feb of my career mode and I've seen one game with no fouls. Most games average of 4. Most with 3 -4 and some as high as 7

strange I'm in Feb of my career mode and I've seen one game with no fouls. Most games average of 4. Most with 3 -4 and some as high as 7

I could accept it if there were no fouls worthy of being called. But I'm seeing heavy shoves etc with the "advantage" icon showing but I'm forced backwards into a dead end. There's no advantage at all but no foul is called.

In that case kick the ball away or just let go of the pad, the ref will blow foul..in pes this really infuriates me as the advantage rule is broken completely where as in fifa it works just give the ball away or do nothing you will get the free kick

Another game in career and after struggling in the league with a depleted squad and out of both cup competions I face west ham in 5th position. First time since November, now feb, I have a full squad and I dominate and win 2-0 goals from firminho and mane. Also 3 fouls by west ham , could of been 6 but I chose to play on and use the advantage..15th in the league but only 4 points from 8th

Just got my copy of 18,and I'm looking fw to get started.
Bit tough to get it going since I'm completely obsessed with my 2k Myleague mode,but I'll probably find some time to get it going.
Let's see if it plays as well as my 17 did.
As always I'll go with the OS community sliders,they have sorted my fun out since -15

First impressions,solid and heavy game play.
Only two games so far and on vanilla sliders,but I'm liking it so far.
A step up from 17,which I liked a lot.
Gonna set it up a bit later,right now the fouls aren't frequent enough.
Love the dribbling

First career game,player career,my Hull Vs Villa.
This game plays very well,need to start playing semi or manual on passing though,felt a bit to easy on WC.
But the fouls?
Another game without them?
Not a single foul,I actually get more on Pes 18.
Why haven't this been up for more discussion?
Seen a few post above me on it,but not as much as it should be.
Most posters call this broken in the other thread,so why not in here?
Fucking horrible.
But besides that,which will annoy the fuck out of me in 15-25 games from now,really well balanced game.
Strange that EA goes from a stunning foul system on 16,to a not so good on 17,to this.

Rock are you playing on manual?

I’m still trying to get into this game so not playing it everyday but when I do I am on full manual, on Professional, and I do get fouls given. Not lots but they do happen.

It may be because I am on manual and the pass is not accurate so my player has to stretch and the cpu stretches too and catches my player. Just a thought ;)

Yeah I know mate same thing as on Pes ,looser ball etc,I'm on semi right now,but I always played on ass on both 16-17,had no problems drawing fouls there.
Still early days G,needed the bitter posting:)
Thanx a bunch mate,stunning game nevertheless

FIFA 16 did have a fantastic foul and ref system, I thought too. Notwithstanding the excellent work being done to address this by modders on PC, 18 needs more fouls called. What the AI gets away with in the box sometimes is almost diabolical.

Having said that, I have noticed that using LT/L2 to shield the ball at appropriate times does draw some fouls, as well as varying one's pace, and stop/starting with the man on the ball.

Is it still possible in FIFA to choose the ref before the match? I must admit I haven't looked in years.

First career game,player career,my Hull Vs Villa.
This game plays very well,need to start playing semi or manual on passing though,felt a bit to easy on WC.
But the fouls?
Another game without them?
Not a single foul,I actually get more on Pes 18.
Why haven't this been up for more discussion?
Seen a few post above me on it,but not as much as it should be.
Most posters call this broken in the other thread,so why not in here?
Fucking horrible.
But besides that,which will annoy the fuck out of me in 15-25 games from now,really well balanced game.
Strange that EA goes from a stunning foul system on 16,to a not so good on 17,to this.
people don't go on that much about fouls because I guess most people are seeing them. I have posted video of fouls , I can share my stat screen shots that show AI fouls. I can get quite easily 3 or 4 per game. PES I saw maybe 1 in 5 games which is one of the reasons I tried fifa again

people don't go on that much about fouls because I guess most people are seeing them. I have posted video of fouls , I can share my stat screen shots that show AI fouls. I can get quite easily 3 or 4 per game. PES I saw maybe 1 in 5 games which is one of the reasons I tried fifa again

Yes. I've been getting fouls regularly in every match I've played, regardless of difficulty or slider setup. I'm playing semi manual passing though, so quite a few stray balls, and yeah, I guess it depends on how you play the game. I pretty much get a freekick from shooting distance every single match I play as well as 3-4 more fouls around the pitch. Fouling, or lack of fouling, just has not been an issue for me at all while playing for over a month now.

I'm not suggesting how people play but I would suspect on assisted passing with little error on low difficulty mane it's easier to pass around quickly and avoid contact with the AI..not sure..i have a photo of my last career mode stat screen but not sure how to upload ..showing three fouls and I had another 3 I chose to play on

I'm not suggesting how people play but I would suspect on assisted passing with little error on low difficulty mane it's easier to pass around quickly and avoid contact with the AI..not sure..i have a photo of my last career mode stat screen but not sure how to upload ..showing three fouls and I had another 3 I chose to play on

Imgur is the best place to upload to: https://imgur.com/

Yes. I've been getting fouls regularly in every match I've played, regardless of difficulty or slider setup. I'm playing semi manual passing though, so quite a few stray balls, and yeah, I guess it depends on how you play the game. I pretty much get a freekick from shooting distance every single match I play as well as 3-4 more fouls around the pitch. Fouling, or lack of fouling, just has not been an issue for me at all while playing for over a month now.

Wish I was getting free kicks in shooting range. Since using sliders though I'm seeing more offsides, which is welcome. Just need more free kicks.

Back
Top Bottom