FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

By the way, the modding scene is not dead. We have many of the new stadium from fifa 20 that are extracted from the switch version and converted by @Nisoley and kotiara at soccergaming. Also Lagwagon and others are converting all the faces from 20 for 16.

That's good to know, although because of my laziness I'm not even running the latest update of the moddingway mod. I'm hoping that this is why I still have some problems with some player faces/models. Gotta download the rest of the updates one day.
I've also downloaded you stadium server a while back but I will have to cleanup my drive a bit to fit all the stadiums and give it a proper test!

@Chuny Your rang ma lord!

ive been keeping quiet on soccergaming as it does seem quite dead and the ones that are left seem to fight with each other,
anyway, ive been working away on the file server, ive updated the way it works slightly and will require a change in the files, tbh i did it quite a while ago and pao4ever has been using it for months now,
the latest thing i did was to check the version of exe file it uses, then it will go and get the offsets required from a txt file in the cgfs folder, rather than being in built, this means it can be changed by the user if the offsets i use doesnt work.
u name the txt file like this, this is the latest version of the exe file there is
Offsets.2904053
the text file will look like this:-
#Base Addreses
PageBase=0x03809030
TeamIDBase=0x035AFAA8
StadiumIDBase=0x034EB810
TourIDBase=0x035917A8
#Pointers
Page=0xE8,0xC0,0x88,0x1D8,0x0
HomeTeamID=0x28,0x68,0x120,0xE8,0x2C
AwayTeamID=0x28,0x68,0x120,0xE8,0x30
StadiumID=0xE78
TourID=0x1F8,0xDD8,0x6B0,0x50,0x28
TourID=0x1F8,0xDD8,0x6B0,0x50,0x2C
ive moved away from using only 2 stadium id's and moved to work along with revmod, ive edited a bunch of lua files so that i can use a specific stadiums folder within the data folder.
this means that it waill always use the home team id and means it will show the correct stadium name, other factors of using the revmod way is that pitch patterns, net coloue, net style, police, corner flags, turf weathering all can be controlled from teh server and your choices,
there is also an option to remove the seats from a stadium for smaller grounds, just a shame we cant make the crowd always stand like is pes.
i did try and add a direct x overlay and had it working, but it was a bit iffy and caused a crash every so often, too frequent to keep so i have removed it, which is a shame as it looked good lol.

onto cgfe, i have been updating it and have changed a few things, it will be more along the lines of the cgpe tool for pes, where as the full vfs will be shown rather than loading up seperate big files, i have also found some textures that i never decoded before such as one of the sky textures, not sure how usefull it will be,
i today updated the compression method to include oodle so that the switch big files can be read and all files can then be exported,
i have allready imported most of the kit files to my fifa16, i did try to update the compdata folder but i am not good with that side,

due to the fact that i wont get a new fifa again and pes20 has so many issues making it unplayable for me i will be working on fifa16 again for the forseable future,

if anybody is interested in the file server update let me know, the more people who are interested means i will prioritise it above cgfe and cgpe

cheers,

@Chuny Your rang ma lord!

ive been keeping quiet on soccergaming as it does seem quite dead and the ones that are left seem to fight with each other,
anyway, ive been working away on the file server, ive updated the way it works slightly and will require a change in the files, tbh i did it quite a while ago and pao4ever has been using it for months now,
the latest thing i did was to check the version of exe file it uses, then it will go and get the offsets required from a txt file in the cgfs folder, rather than being in built, this means it can be changed by the user if the offsets i use doesnt work.
u name the txt file like this, this is the latest version of the exe file there is
Offsets.2904053
the text file will look like this:-
#Base Addreses
PageBase=0x03809030
TeamIDBase=0x035AFAA8
StadiumIDBase=0x034EB810
TourIDBase=0x035917A8
#Pointers
Page=0xE8,0xC0,0x88,0x1D8,0x0
HomeTeamID=0x28,0x68,0x120,0xE8,0x2C
AwayTeamID=0x28,0x68,0x120,0xE8,0x30
StadiumID=0xE78
TourID=0x1F8,0xDD8,0x6B0,0x50,0x28
TourID=0x1F8,0xDD8,0x6B0,0x50,0x2C
ive moved away from using only 2 stadium id's and moved to work along with revmod, ive edited a bunch of lua files so that i can use a specific stadiums folder within the data folder.
this means that it waill always use the home team id and means it will show the correct stadium name, other factors of using the revmod way is that pitch patterns, net coloue, net style, police, corner flags, turf weathering all can be controlled from teh server and your choices,
there is also an option to remove the seats from a stadium for smaller grounds, just a shame we cant make the crowd always stand like is pes.
i did try and add a direct x overlay and had it working, but it was a bit iffy and caused a crash every so often, too frequent to keep so i have removed it, which is a shame as it looked good lol.

onto cgfe, i have been updating it and have changed a few things, it will be more along the lines of the cgpe tool for pes, where as the full vfs will be shown rather than loading up seperate big files, i have also found some textures that i never decoded before such as one of the sky textures, not sure how usefull it will be,
i today updated the compression method to include oodle so that the switch big files can be read and all files can then be exported,
i have allready imported most of the kit files to my fifa16, i did try to update the compdata folder but i am not good with that side,

And that is exactly why I haven't released my GFX MOD Version for FIFA 16 yet! :APPLAUD:

My home cooked Stadium Server will pass through the modding scene like a dust in the wind...
But I am happy to use this vastly superior tool ! I will miss my Mario sounds though...

shawminator:

i use the actual version of the server since now, lets say, 3 years and couldn't play the game without it. Its a huge step forward in immersion and i'm also very interrested in the new version.

You said it will not use waldstadion and sanderson park as reference stadiums anymore but the home team id. Does it mean it will also play the crowd sound of the db assignated stadium of the home team (i mean the athmosphere loudness according to the size of the stadium capacity) ?

My home cooked Stadium Server will pass through the modding scene like a dust in the wind...
But I am happy to use this vastly superior tool ! I will miss my Mario sounds though...

Don't be sad, you had the use of it and that's why you made it in the first place no? And it is still an option for everyone. Wider choice, that's better!

Don't be sad, you had the use of it and that's why you made it in the first place no? And it is still an option for everyone. Wider choice, that's better!

Thanks for the good words!
Yep of course I made it for me in the first place, then also to "pay back" all the great mods I am using by contributing where I have some skills. I actually improved my R skills while doing it.

I don't feel sad, pretty much the opposite. My server is just a Stadium Server after all. I can't wait to try all the others great stuffs I never used, like scoreboards, movies ect... And also I could let my keyboard a bit further away from me ;)

Forgot to mention one of the conditions with using the rev mod method is that all crowd files and glare files need to be exported as rev mod doesn't support either glares or crowds. So thats a straight swap I to the data folders. But it doesn't take any time at all,
As for stadium atmosphere, I have no idea. Lol. It will just be like playing In whatever stadium is assigned to it in The dB.
The only issue is using it for compitions. The popups will display the dB name for the stadium, but for normal hometeam assignments it will show the dB name. Ie fir Park for motherwell etc...

I do t see why it wouldn't work for the demo but you will need to get the offsets yourself using cheat engine as I don't have the demo

On another note. One thing that bugs me is. I can't find what decides the manager and player bench locations. I've been through every file and can't see anything. Anybody got any ideas?

if anybody is interested in the file server update let me know, the more people who are interested means i will prioritise it above cgfe and cgpe

I'm also interested! I'm older and more patient these days, but of course I'd love to use the file server with my demo version one day. (@papinho81's version could see some use from me until then!)

I do t see why it wouldn't work for the demo but you will need to get the offsets yourself using cheat engine as I don't have the demo

The only other issue I can see is if the file server specifically checks if fifa16.exe is running. Would it work if the file structure is "FIFA 16 DEMO\fifa16_demo.exe"?

Some people are reporting that you can no longer download the demo from origin and I believe them, but I did so months ago. Not only that, but I was able to expand it to the full version by using files from my "fifa 16" installation folder (again a legit copy that I've bought back in the day) and a couple of logical tweaks/renaming of files. I now launch my full expanded demo version from the "fifa 16 demo" directory (fifa16_demo.exe) and I can also be online on origin and it never bothers me to download later updates/patches! (makes sense as there are no patches for the demo).

Now I'm not sure why I can still download the official demo anytime I want, my theory is that I had it installed on the same pc before (I haven't bought a new pc for a few years now) and there are traces of it in the registry so origin lets me download it again as it's considered part of my library. Then again I can also still download the fifa 14/15 demos! Maybe just owning the full version is enough?

Oh and I have a question. Not necessarily for shawminator, but for anyone who has tried to use cheatengine with fifa 15/16:
Those two versions in particular must come with some sort of anti-debug protection. I can search for values & strings in memory just fine but every time I try to attach the debugger (for example by trying to use the "find out what writes to this address" function), the fifa executable just shuts down immediately. I wonder if there's an easy workaround for that?

Last edited:
By the way, the modding scene is not dead. We have many of the new stadium from fifa 20 that are extracted from the switch version and converted by @Nisoley and kotiara at soccergaming. Also Lagwagon and others are converting all the faces from 20 for 16.

Yes, the switch versions of fifa 19/20 are actually still based on the impact engine!

I don't own a switch but this has always made me wonder: Is the gameplay better than their frostbite versions or do they share the same crap gameplay? Many seem to think that the engine is important after all... while me on the other hand I don't believe that any graphics engine change will magically fix anything that you currently think is wrong with the gameplay or AI. But I could be wrong, has anyone actually played both the impact & frostbite versions of fifa 19?

Last edited:
I will be jumping back onto this as soon as I've got the new PC set up. Can't believe people are porting over FIFA 20 stuff!
Some old FIFA games are indeed still taken into great consideration.
As far as I know, FIFA 20 stuff (kits, balls, shoes, database, probably faces) is being ported as an "AIO" patch to FIFA 11 and to FIFA 16, and there's a project to port it to FIFA 14 too (but I still don't know if the 19/20 FIFA Infinity Patch for FIFA 14 is going to be released. There's one with 18/19 content though, which is pretty good).

I'm also interested! I'm older and more patient these days, but of course I'd love to use the file server with my demo version one day. (@papinho81's version could see some use from me until then!)

Some people are reporting that you can no longer download the demo from origin and I believe them, but I did so months ago. Not only that, but I was able to expand it to the full version by using files from my "fifa 16" installation folder (again a legit copy that I've bought back in the day) and a couple of logical tweaks/renaming of files. I now launch my full expanded demo version from the "fifa 16 demo" directory (fifa16_demo.exe) and I can also be online on origin and it never bothers me to download later updates/patches!

Now I'm not sure why I can still download the official demo anytime I want, my theory is that I had it installed on the same pc before (I haven't bought a new pc for a few years now) and there are traces of it in the registry so origin lets me download it again as it's considered part of my library. Then again I can also still download the fifa 14/15 demos! Maybe just owning the full version is enough?

Weird, I have a brand new rig and I just downloaded the demo without a hitch. Looking to start a FIFA 16 career in lieu of this year's subpar offerings.

EDIT: Thought you meant that people who have previously downloaded the demo can no longer do so (perhaps that is what you meant?)

Last edited:
Weird, I have a brand new rig and I just downloaded the demo without a hitch. Looking to start a FIFA 16 career in lieu of this year's subpar offerings.

EDIT: Thought you meant that people who have previously downloaded the demo can no longer do so (perhaps that is what you meant?)

Aha, so I suppose if you own the origin version of the game you can still download the demo. All I know is that some people have said that it's no longer available on the store.

If I use the search box on the origin client and type "Fifa 16 demo" there are no store items found, but it shows up as a search result in "my library" section and I can download it.

Last edited:
Oh and I have a question. Not necessarily for shawminator, but for anyone who has tried to use cheatengine with fifa 15/16:
Those two versions in particular must come with some sort of anti-debug protection. I can search for values & strings in memory just fine but every time I try to attach the debugger (for example by trying to use the "find out what writes to this address" function), the fifa executable just shuts down immediately. I wonder if there's an easy workaround for that?

In cheat engine you can go to Edit, Debugger Options, Debugger method and select VEH and it won't crash.

By the way: What the heck was that all about?
I'd love it if it was to place an advert for FIFA 20 in there on the main menu, which is what updates to old titles usually are.

I'd love if because it means enough people still play the old games for EA to need to advertise to them, which would be funny.

I'd love it if it was to place an advert for FIFA 20 in there on the main menu, which is what updates to old titles usually are.

I'd love if because it means enough people still play the old games for EA to need to advertise to them, which would be funny.

Hmmm
I don't know Rick... looks fake to me.

I would put a coin on @final lap previously using @Ciais mods with v1.01. When he started fifa16 some time after, he kept origin connected to the net and Origin automatically updated its game to the last version 1.07 (crap version IMO from 1.06 onward).

I used to play FIFA 16 for a while on PC few years ago. I wonder why did I quit? Maybe I was tired of footy games. As much as I hate FIFA offline, FUT was gas, put together a team of Turks from Super Lig and just trashed random Premboys with impunity. You know what's worse than ping-pong passes? Being unoriginal. Absolutely unforgivable. So I killed them, left and right.

Why did I quit FIFA 16 so quick I wonder...

Real talk, I have PS4 where I am now and FIFA 16 probably costs like five cents, are online servers still working? Would totally be down to FUT. I tried FIFA 20 but its a bad joke, especially shooting I just don't understand the new shooting. FIFA 14 and 16 are those fifas which I respect.

If online works, is anyone down to PS4 games? I'm down but I'm a one person and a two persons is required so are you a that person??

Back
Top Bottom