FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Can someone write some short summary about main differences between FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 on ps4 ?
Is 16 part much better or just little changed from 15 ?

Look what you made me do.

(My PC isn't powerful enough to run it without jerking all over the place...)

BfchFNJ.jpg

Good evening Chris,

Just out of interest, does your PC run PES 19 and 20 ok?
It is choppy on my laptop, just about playable if I use the no crowd mod. But really it isn't that great so I play PES on PS4.

Fifa 16 on the other hand plays smoothly on my laptop so I just thought I'd ask.

Can someone write some short summary about main differences between FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 on ps4 ?
There are little changes in gameplay. Biggest differences are shooting (many types and random goal), drible (no touch drible) and more animations.

From what i remember Fifa 15 was very arcadish, like a lot, a pace fest and they decided to put the cursor more toward simulation in 16 even if EA updates slightly ruined 16 also.

If I remember correctly there was almost no midfield play on 15. FIFA 16 was (is) a big improvement compared with 15. But as I said to Chris upper, if you own a disk copy, do not update your game to benefit from a better gameplay experience.

Usually, the main player complain about FIFA16 is the tendency of the cpu to pass the at the back with the player not being able to press them properly and set proper pressing traps. It can be frustrating at times. In those situations I noticed that more often than not it is better to position the player you control and cut the passing line rather than rush for the ball. If you rush to the ball, the cpu often escape the trap very easily, while if you cut their passing options toward the midfield, they will often try risky passes and thus they are more prone to loose possession.

Agree with Papinho.

Cpu will tend to pass pass pass only if you let him pass pass pass. You have to defend a bit like in real football: use the teammate pressing button properly to put pressure on the ball carrier but release it when you see that it will create a gap or disbalance the compacity of your team block, at the same time cut the passing lines with the player you control and switch a lot the players with the right stick to anticipate the passing lanes the cpu might exploit. Being compact and organized and giving the cpu no options and he will keep the ball, finding no solution and pass back or try a difficult pass that you might intercept. In a nutshell you have be smart with the timing and intensity of the teamate pressing, see the gaps and close the passing lanes and anticipate the cpu's next step when manually switching players.

That's what i like in this (moded, not sure about the vanilla) game, it uses a lot of real football mechanics.

Look what you made me do.

(My PC isn't powerful enough to run it without jerking all over the place...)

hit me up if you want to play some friendlies! (I'm PS4 in UK)

15 has less shooting error so long shots are easier, and it has less realistic player inertia

but 15 and 16 are pretty similar overall.

Wouldn't mind going back and giving 14 and 15 a go at some point its been an age since i played either

hit me up if you want to play some friendlies! (I'm PS4 in UK)
I've got to admit I'm not struck on it so far. Using last Operation Sports slider set it feels way too fast, and passes are way too fast - so I've tried to tweak it down a little but then the AI tend to play keep-ball. It doesn't compare to the PC version with @Ciais's mods, which I was enjoying before a recent Windows Update seems to have spoilt things (it jerks like hell now, hence buying the PS4 version).

You play on all-manual and online (I do neither) so your experience will be entirely different I'm sure - I'm willing to give it a try, though (I will be terrible obviously)!

I've got to admit I'm not struck on it so far. Using last Operation Sports slider set it feels way too fast, and passes are way too fast - so I've tried to tweak it down a little but then the AI tend to play keep-ball. It doesn't compare to the PC version with @Ciais's mods, which I was enjoying before a recent Windows Update seems to have spoilt things (it jerks like hell now, hence buying the PS4 version).

You play on all-manual and online (I do neither) so your experience will be entirely different I'm sure - I'm willing to give it a try, though (I will be terrible obviously)!

base 16 is quite a fast game, certainly compared to 19. Personally I feel like 19 has good pace in the sense the pitch feels larger and so players have more indvidual time on the ball, but everything else (players turning, dribbling, passing) is pretty slow and clunky for me. 16 is more responsive and has zip on the passes

yeah I play full manual. You can play whatever control set you want though. I play against assisted playeers in Seasons all the time (good luck finding a manual match at this point!).

Try downloading and installing Process Lasso on PC.
Launch FIFA 16, then once the game is up and running, go to Process Lasso, find the FIFA 16.exe, right click on it, and set the process' priorty to Very High. Then set the other options in there to high settings, including Bitsum Highest Performance Settings. Do all this in the "Always" sub-menu.
Then close everything, restart your PC, and run FIFA again. Let me know if it worked.

If it doesn't, the next best thing would be to set your comuter on fire, and start saving some money, sell your PS4 as well, and get a high-end gaming PC.

You can give a try to my old slider set if you want. It was designed to have have slower pace and more inertia (hence the low pass speed). But to be fair the two last update (1.06 and1.07) of this game have kind of destroyed this beautiful game.

https://forums.operationsports.com/...set-full-manual-legendary-fifa16-sliders.html

This is probably my favourite peace of play I had with fifa16 on ps4 (before the above mentioned patch)

At 10:10 in the video look at Sissoko reaction, it is so good! He is trying to mentally help the ball to go down inside the goal.

Last edited:
Fantastic work by @Ciais !

Is there anyway to modify the matrix7 file to make it change all intended parameters and leave stamina as it is?

Coz in career mode all players aren't recovering at all which is exaggerated tbh.

Thanks

Hey.
I have been playing with @Ciais gameplayzer, and gameplay itself is amazing. But, on career mode, I have a problem. Player's price are too low. Like, I can buy Messi with any team. There isn't a way to fix it? Maybe reduce team's budget or increase player's price.

Thanks.

Has anyone using the latest moddingway mod tried to install iturbes (moddingway.com) updated database with all the latest transfers?
They are supposed to be compatible with moddingway mod but they mess up some team names and the european competitions in career mode.

If not, is there some other updated database that works fine for you?

Good evening Chris,

Just out of interest, does your PC run PES 19 and 20 ok?
It is choppy on my laptop, just about playable if I use the no crowd mod. But really it isn't that great so I play PES on PS4.

Fifa 16 on the other hand plays smoothly on my laptop so I just thought I'd ask.
Really sorry mate, I meant to reply to this earlier! PES 2019 won't work on my machine, unfortunately. No chance with 2020. It's pre-i3/i5/i7, a quad-core something-or-other. Best-in-class for about 2007, ha.

Chris, do not update your game and you will have: a) a better gameplay; b) the Brazilian league with real players!
Thank you so much for saying this.

I played a few unpatched games before work this morning and could have cried. The AI patterns of play are unrivaled - in any game since (PES has never had it, and FIFA will never have it again, they're not interested in making this kind of AI any more).

The way they pass it around and really play build-up (not just fake it for a few seconds while a winger bombs forward for a long-ball or something)... reminds me what I'm looking for in a football game, and that I'm not crazy to feel disappointed in everything since.

I might try and put a comparison video together later, that shows how 16's AI is always looking for space (and on Legendary, on default sliders for God's sake, does terrible touches and misplaced passes if they try to be too fancy) - compared to all modern AI which is just "magic perfect pinpoint passing until the striker's free".

I think it's time to build a half-decent PC.

I might try and put a comparison video together later, that shows how 16's AI is always looking for space (and on Legendary, on default sliders for God's sake, does terrible touches and misplaced passes if they try to be too fancy) - compared to all modern AI which is just "magic perfect pinpoint passing until the striker's free".
I see your point.
My main gripe with FIFA 16 (at least on PC) is that the AI DOES try to enter that "magic perfect pinpoint passing until the striker's free" mindset from time to time (when they need a goal), at the cost of completely ignoring team tactics if they need to do so, especially in the latest version (so the one whichhas received all the EA patches).

It may sound absurd, but I think that the last game in which different teams really played differently (and truly sticked to their game plan) has been FIFA 14. Of course, also there, it was a matter of different "presets" team could employ, there weren't "real" individual tactics for each team. There was the "hoof it up" preset, the "down the wings and cross it" one, the "pass it like no tomorrow" one, the "gegenpress and LB+Y to Lewandowski" one... It felt quite good.

Thank you so much for saying this.

I played a few unpatched games before work this morning and could have cried. The AI patterns of play are unrivaled - in any game since (PES has never had it, and FIFA will never have it again, they're not interested in making this kind of AI any more).

The way they pass it around and really play build-up (not just fake it for a few seconds while a winger bombs forward for a long-ball or something)... reminds me what I'm looking for in a football game, and that I'm not crazy to feel disappointed in everything since.

I think it's time to build a half-decent PC.

This game is the reason why I bought a "gaming" PC in the first place. I don't regret it. Just think now of all the mods available including career mods that makes transfer more difficult/a bit more realistic, that improve the simulation side of the game (league standings, goal scorer standings ect ect) and many others stuff.

I see your point.
My main gripe with FIFA 16 (at least on PC) is that the AI DOES try to enter that "magic perfect pinpoint passing until the striker's free" mindset from time to time (when they need a goal), at the cost of completely ignoring team tactics if they need to do so, especially in the latest version (so the one whichhas received all the EA patches).

It may sound absurd, but I think that the last game in which different teams really played differently (and truly sticked to their game plan) has been FIFA 14. Of course, also there, it was a matter of different "presets" team could employ, there weren't "real" individual tactics for each team. There was the "hoof it up" preset, the "down the wings and cross it" one, the "pass it like no tomorrow" one, the "gegenpress and LB+Y to Lewandowski" one... It felt quite good.

I generally agree with this. While AI teams can start the game with very different approach, their are very often time in the game, usually when they are loosing, where they will switch to a more possession based approach which can looks samy.
I think the reason is they switch to some default preset tactics that do not match their initial tactic. May be it is something we can fix on PC, I didn't try yet.

Also by default many team tactics use close to average values for their tactical settings (40-60) while the range goes from 0 to 100. I tested long ball tactics with very high build up values and it works really well until the AI manager eventually switch to a default preset tactic. Also one very important tactical value that can only be edited through editors on PC is the dribbling value. The lower this value is the more tiki taka the teams will play. With higher value the players tends to retain the ball longer at their feet.

Last edited:
Really sorry mate, I meant to reply to this earlier! PES 2019 won't work on my machine, unfortunately. No chance with 2020. It's pre-i3/i5/i7, a quad-core something-or-other. Best-in-class for about 2007, ha.

No worries mate, I was just wondering. Luckily my laptop plays Fifa 16 smoothly but it hasn't been able to play any PES smoothly since 17 sadly.

I do have a PC that would run the new PES but I didn't use it for something like 6 months so it just gathered dust and when I went to turn it back on...it wouldn't turn on anymore :(
No beeps or anything so I think the motherboard is shot...doesn't really make sense as it literally just sat in the corner for 6 months not being used??

Regarding Fifa 16, I have 2 versions installed on my PC. The extended demo with the classic Serie A patch and an 18/19 patch using Ciais mod. I keep flicking between the 2 as I can't decide which I prefer - both are great.

I have read the description or your tool, and it has great features, like the exterior view, the possibility to add nets or goalposts, great work! For what i understood it will be linked to the DB? Does it mean it will also use the original atmosphere of team? For exemple, with file server it was always the same atmosphere of the big 40 000 + seats waldstadion or sanderson park even if the team was linked to a 10 000 seats stadium.

I have read the description or your tool, and it has great features, like the exterior view, the possibility to add nets or goalposts, great work! For what i understood it will be linked to the DB? Does it mean it will also use the original atmosphere of team? For exemple, with file server it was always the same atmosphere of the big 40 000 + seats waldstadion or sanderson park even if the team was linked to a 10 000 seats stadium.

Things like cameras (gameplay, replay and exterior), police officers, net color, pitch mow pattern are linked to DB stadium IDs (the two last are editable from the App). I am not 100% sure for atmosphere, but I see no reason why it would not be the case. At least I didn't notice anything weird in that regard while using the App.

I dont know what the hell just happened, but I somehow seem to have gotten the Fifa 16 demo instead of the full game when I did a fresh download from Origin. The download/installation process got interrupted because my windows defender or something needed me to confirm something during this process and I declined since I was playing something else. I then went to my fifa16 folder and everything looked fine, so I installed all the Moddingway patches, booted the game up and I can only play exhibition games with the demo teams. Ibrahimovic is still in PSG for example.

And the gameplay feel so good! I really don't want to lose this now. I just wish I could convert this gameplay to the full game somehow.

Well demo definetly have best gameplay in 16 and only 1.0 full game is playable. After that any update game is disaster and so much changed. Dont feel so good.
Only way is that u use demo bypass (i know its piracy) but that is only way to have fantastic gameplay and pace of the demo gameplay with unlocked game.
But game is old now i dont support piracy and even i own PC and Xbox One legal games i have demo bypass folder.
But once again - yes, demo have best gameplay definetly.

I dont know what the hell just happened, but I somehow seem to have gotten the Fifa 16 demo instead of the full game when I did a fresh download from Origin. The download/installation process got interrupted because my windows defender or something needed me to confirm something during this process and I declined since I was playing something else. I then went to my fifa16 folder and everything looked fine, so I installed all the Moddingway patches, booted the game up and I can only play exhibition games with the demo teams. Ibrahimovic is still in PSG for example.

And the gameplay feel so good! I really don't want to lose this now. I just wish I could convert this gameplay to the full game somehow.

Well to be honest I was aware of the fact that if you interrupt the installation after the "playable" bit arrives and before it is complete, you indeed get the demo. But I thought this was some later updated version and not the "legendary" original demo gameplay!

Well demo definetly have best gameplay in 16 and only 1.0 full game is playable. After that any update game is disaster and so much changed. Dont feel so good.
Only way is that u use demo bypass (i know its piracy) but that is only way to have fantastic gameplay and pace of the demo gameplay with unlocked game.
But game is old now i dont support piracy and even i own PC and Xbox One legal games i have demo bypass folder.
But once again - yes, demo have best gameplay definetly.

Best I've played. The CPU is so patient in the build up, they misplace passes and so on. Even the big teams.

Well to be honest I was aware of the fact that if you interrupt the installation after the "playable" bit arrives and before it is complete, you indeed get the demo. But I thought this was some later updated version and not the "legendary" original demo gameplay!

I see. Well maybe it is some later updated gameplay or it's just placebo. But it definitely feel better than the original.

Back
Top Bottom