FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

First half played. BRILLIANT work! Free kicks have increased. CPU attacks much more aggressive and dangerous. Already got two great free kick opportunities near the penalty area. That defensive line at 0 is excellent for gameplay but you're probably right that there's too few offsides now. Is that setting the factor? I have to play another half and see if I get any.

Other than that the gameplay is excellent.

Hey :))

If you remember, before this I had set the Line Height at 20. Now that I increased the Defensive Pressure in Team Tactics to fix the passive defending forwards, the D-line is higher, hence I set it back to 0 to compensate.

For the offsides, you can see I slightly increased Run Frequency from 15 to 20 for that, and I see some -- not many, but at least 1 or 2.

Enjoy the rest of your match :))

EDIT: Decreased Pass Speed to 38 in the Sliders! They were too fast and causing too many handballs for me

Last edited:
Yes there are offsides. It's not an issue. Record amount of fouls for the CPU but they're very realistic.

Wonder why I don't get many... maybe just this game. Or maybe they're more slippery now and I don't have time to foul them.

MFU7kPI.jpg

Either way best and most balanced gameplay so far. Defense is still solid both sides.

The only thing that could be improved is the CPU crosses. Maybe too many of them are still classless. I don't know.

Here's my WC 2018 game from that "official" thread. Same amount of fouls for me. I've noticed that during the tournaments this vary from game to game so I wouldn't worry about it.

uT9Idjd.png

Do you use the slide tackle? I do it if I think I have no other choice, plus I also am very aggressive myself against the CPU, using the push&pull often to slow them down, tackle them aggressively... I believe it's all down to our style of play, in the end. Also, just remembered you play with the keyboard :THINK:

Regarding crosses, are you 100% sure they're still classless, even with CPU Pass Error decreased to 60?

Oops I forgot to set that. It was still 62. Sorry. All other settings were intact though.

No I don't use the sliding tackle that much. But I grab a lot of their jerseys and try to be very physical in close contact. :)

But that was just one game. I'm sure I get much more fouls against other opponents. Like I said the CPU playing varies greatly during the tournament.

:D Please, at the cost of sounding redundant, make sure everything is set as in the latest Gameplay post (sliders and cl.ini mostly, as surely you're using the latest Gameplayzer) :PRAY:

Regarding physical play, I believe it's because of you playing with the keyboard, maybe you're not as reactive as with a controller? The funny thing is, I'm usually the one making more fouls than the CPU in my games :THINK:

That happens to me in some games too.

This was my QF against Uruguay. Like I said I wouldn't worry about this at all. If CPU fouls that much it's certain that player fouls have increased too.

These games are not like eachother. CPU plays very differently in each game.

2Pm7ypR.jpg

Mate I played a bunch of games with the new release!

I started a Serie A league with Napoli.. really tough! You 100% improved AI attacking, now it's very dangerous and productive. Other than that, very good feel overall, even though for some reason I'm not getting fouled really as often as you guys.. but maybe it's my playstyle! Or it's gonna change next games, I don't know.

Maybe for the next gaming sessions I'll try Cups, or a League with an even larger team, as unfortunately stamina is really unforgiving :D!

Last edited:
Ahah, yes, I still have to tweak fatigue recovery in cmsettings.ini to compensate for the bigger stamina drain. Sorry :PP

Fouls and aggression vary from team to team, due to their pressure, their way of build up, etc... And of course as you said, your playstyle plays a big factor, too. Maybe it's because you play 6 minute halves? At least, I seem to remember that :))

Ahah, yes, I still have to tweak fatigue recovery in cmsettings.ini to compensate for the bigger stamina drain. Sorry :PP

Fouls and aggression vary from team to team, due to their pressure, their way of build up, etc... And of course as you said, your playstyle plays a big factor, too. Maybe it's because you play 6 minute halves? At least, I seem to remember that :))

Yes I play 6 minutes half! I prefer to do a game more whenever I can, than one less that lasts longer. Besides it isn't such a great problem.. I had fouls here and there and the cpu tackles me, which is the important thing.

Of course, I don't wanna force you into playing in a way you don't want, mine are just recommended settings -- 15 minute halves because they produce more realistic stats in relation to the actual gameplay, compared to 10 or 20 minutes, nothing more nothing less :))

Hey there!

I was at a wild party last night, and I'm still suffering from a terrible hangover. My head is killing me... :BRICK:

Anyway, what I wanted to tell you is that for the next few days (starting from tomorrow, I'm afraid :WASTED:), I'm taking a little breather.

After that I'm going to scour the internet for every possible additional gameplay tweak/improvement (you know, my to-do list project), and maybe post them here with my thoughts/suggestions, so you can chime in too.

I mean, we can very well argue that we finally do have a solid foundation -- all we need to do now is add those little extra things, so to speak.

I already have some ideas that I hope I'll be able to implement. In any case, I believe that looking for/testing/validating all the potentially countless cl.ini strings is gonna be a real nightmare, compared to see what different DB edits other modders have done, or tweaking fatigue recovery or player values/training for Career :PP

Saludos :DRUNK:

You worked non-stop for a very long time, mate. Well deserved break, I completely agree with El Pajaro.. even for the first sentence, of course: this is already a very good foundation for us.

I started a league with Juventus (one of a few teams with so many good subs) and it played even better than the Napoli one.. I had 4 magnificent games indeed, a victory against Cagliari and three very realistic subsequent draws; had 4-5 fouls a game (on me, of course), two penalties in total, and a very satisfying gameplay all along. Might even start a career to amass more reserves and to see if the teams gets really this messed up;

Either way, I'll keep on rotate with the other footy titles and try it. Cheers :) !

Hey Chuny :))

:THINK: Maybe @El Pajaro can help you with that, but for his 2018 WC with Argentina he's using an outdated version of... pretty much everything :D

I'll see if I can do something about it myself in the next few days if nobody has done it yet :))

Sorry for the trouble :))

Sure. I'll post a full match video recording soon.

Yeah not during my WC 2018 tournament but with the newest settings.

Gameplay video coming soon. I'll put about 20 game minutes of the regular gameplay there, plus some footage of fouls our new system is giving.

Good afternoon

There's something I would like to point out. The latest version is simply the latest, not the last -- I'm not finished, and I won't be for who knows how long.

Actually, right now I'm currently integrating Pap's Overall formula (thanks again!) to recalculate it for all players, since I was seeing different OVRs in the menus and during a match -- eg: Pogba is like 84 when deciding the starting lineup, but as soon as the game starts he is 76.
That's because every tweak I made, I made after the Gameplayzer had already calculated the OVR. The OVR in the menus is still the old one, while the real OVR as calculated in real time by FIFA is the one seen during a game.
With Pap's formula, player OVRs will be consistent everywhere, which should also help for when we're gonna make the necessary corrections for Career.

Now, regarding the usual comment about the amount of fouls we seek here, and I'm gonna say it only once, after that I'm gonna ignore all posts about it.
Yes, we are stupid. Yes, if we play 30 minute matches instead of 90 minute ones, we should realistically have 1/3 of the total fouls.
But, we should have 1/3 of total shots and goals too, then, am I right?
Except, every time play is stopped (goal, throw-in, foul...) the clock slows down to real time. We could have 100 fouls for all I care, but it wouldn't disrupt the game in any way because every time, the game stops compressing time as long as the ball is not in play.
But then again, we are stupid, you never understood people like us who look for so many fouls in FIFA, so ignore what I just said.

Saludos

@Ciais ,you are cool dude! I played the latest version now and got a lot of impressions.Thanks for this! Very nice to play. The number of collisions and fouls blows me away. I have not seen this in any football simulator.

P.S. Is it possible to somehow improve the recovery of players stamina between matches? I like how they get tired in the game, but I have to rotate the squad too often during tournaments, because the players are very tired. I hope you understand me despite my not very good English.

Whew... Sorry for the rant. Now I feel better :D

@andersfss: Thanks! What matters to me is that you have fun. About stamina, yes, not only it's possible, but I absolutely have to do it. I always postponed it so far, but all things considered, maybe I should do it as soon as possible. The only thing is, I really have no idea how to do it correctly, so I'm afraid you're gonna have to wait a little while before I find the correct balance :))

@Ciais Can't wait for you to fix the stamina. I've started another League with Real Madrid (super roster that lets me BARELY rotate a very ALMOST decent stamina wise team :D) and I'm liking a lot how it all plays. For the rest, ignore it.. just focus on us that are seriously interested, man.

Hope to give it to you ASAP, my friend :TU:

PS: I really have no problems about people not being interested. I mean, let's face it: the vast majority of users here are not, and I'm perfectly fine with it.
It's destructive criticism I don't like. Maybe I overreacted, but if someones comes here and tells me, "Look, I don't like it, sorry", it's ok, but if you tell me, "I really don't understand why you did this, I think it's stupid", we're going nowhere.
I'm not going in the FIFA Career thread and say, "Geez, look at your game stats, 0 fouls! How can you be so stupid and still play FIFA 19?". What I think is, "It's just not for me, I guess". See what I mean? :))

I'm not going in the FIFA Career thread and say, "Geez, look at your game stats, 0 fouls! How can you be so stupid and still play FIFA 19?". What I think is, "It's just not for me, I guess". See what I mean? :))

I see those guys posting their career stories and stats... and there's 1 foul every game.

Gee... that's realistic.

I bet they're thinking when they start their season: "I wonder which game of the season will have the free kick". :D

Back
Top Bottom