FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Finished adding Pap's Overall formula. Pretty accurate indeed. Bravo! :BEER:

Working on Fatigue Recovery now.

Other than re-balancing it for the new Stamina ratings, while browsing I saw that Exocyst says that the way it's coded by default is not realistic:
  • As an example, by default every day after the match you recover fatigue like this: 60-15-15-15-... Now, it's not that realistic to recover that much energy immediately after the game.
  • This is, more or less, what he proposes: 3-24-42-60-33-30-26-26-... A logarithmic recovery. I believe he's spot on, what do you think?
Hope I'll be able to have it ready for tomorrow.

Cheers :))

Gameplay testing version 2019-03-25

As always thanks to andersfss, AndreaPirlo21, Ariel, bangus, Chris Davies, El Pajaro, Exocyst, fideco, Fidel Gameplay, fifaCCitiu.com, Krebstar, Madmac79, Matt10, miketheslummy, papinho81, paulv2k4, pedrito79, regularcat, Supernova, Tinker, plus all the rest I surely forgot :))

• cl.ini:
  • cmsettings.ini:
  • If you already have this file in dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEng\data\, replace these lines:
  • If not, extract this in your FIFA 16 folder and launch ModdingWayInstaller.exe: https://mega.nz/#!GxdiQA4T!97NeNmaIkQK53-R-2yX0XbI8es-rc4k6UgS6EkJd0aI
  • Re-balanced fatigue recovery (NOT TESTED YET!!! LET ME KNOW IF PLAYERS DO RECOVER IN 4-5 DAYS)

Last edited:
Hello gentlemen,

just wanted to tell you that I just reduced Stamina even more because after 70-75 minutes players were still barely in the "yellow", if you know what I mean.

A little explaining on how the fatigue recovery formula works:
  • PLAYER_MAXENERGY = 92 // This is just what it means, I believe that no player should ever reach 100% in form before a match, not with all the training (and f**ing :D). Thanks Fidel
  • PlayerEnergy + ( CONSTANT * BASE_DAY_X_Y / 10 ) // This is the way the game recovers fatigue
  • CONSTANT = 10.0 // By default it's 6.0, but by putting it at 10.0, with the formula above in mind, it's gonna be easier -- it's gonna be PlayerEnergy + BASE_DAY_X_Y
  • BASE_DAY_X_Y = XX // The amount of fitness/stamina a player recovers on the specific day after the last match, according to their remaining stamina (0-33, 33-66 or 66-100)
So, for example, a player that has 50 remaining Stamina, will recover it this way:
  1. 50 + 12 = 62
  2. 62 + 40 = 102
  3. ...
Yes, I should probably recalculate Exocyst's logarithmic formula as it would appear they now recover in just 2 days (the ideal time should be 4-5 days, but with varying degrees, so you are still forced to rotate from time to time), but I still need your approval/confirmation to see if indeed they do recover better compared to before :))

Saludos :))

Knocker.jpg

Knock knock

I'm playing lots of tournaments/cups/leagues right now to test and eventually correct the fatigue recovery.

My next goal after this is reassigning Team Tactics in a... more complicated way. Don't know if I'll be able, the Gameplayzer may hang/freeze/crash if I tell it to do lots and lots of looping of loops. Will see

Bye :SAL:

Realistic fatigue recovery during matches... I dreamed about it! Thanks to you, I saw this game from the other side and it is beautiful so much so that I started to learn editing to make a World Cup 1998 patch. Please don't stop :APPLAUD:

Wb2mgee.png

AyZP5tF.png

Last edited:
Now that's a mod I'd gladly play :))

About compatibility, it's better if different mods are kept separate. I simply keep different FIFA 16 folders which I simply rename according to what mod I want to play

Now that's a mod I'd gladly play :))

About compatibility, it's better if different mods are kept separate. I simply keep different FIFA 16 folders which I simply rename according to what mod I want to play
Good idea about different game folders for different mods, I used this method with the NHL 2004 a couple of years ago. )

But this is THE game to mod, absolutely no doubt about it. Ciais already handled most major issues. Now sky is the limit.

I'd still want to see the 2014 World Cup... and of course my eternal love... the 1990 World Cup. I got that for PES 2013 but I just can't take that game seriously after this mod. :)

@Ciais I did a bunch of games and I think recovery is ok now, at least when there is a week or so for the players to rest. If the game is just two or three days ahead it is a bit dramatic, but still doable with a bigger roster.

Thanks for taking the time to test it :))

Now that I reduced Stamina even more in my playtesting version, I increased Fatigue Recovery too.

Correct me if you believe I'm wrong, but I think that players should have at least 80% of their energy back after 4 days, not more and not less -- you just shouldn't be able to play another full game after 2 or 3 days :THINK:

Thanks for taking the time to test it :))

Now that I reduced Stamina even more in my playtesting version, I increased Fatigue Recovery too.

Correct me if you believe I'm wrong, but I think that players should have at least 80% of their energy back after 4 days, not more and not less -- you just shouldn't be able to play another full game after 2 or 3 days :THINK:

Yes, you are right indeed :D, in the end I'm not particularly bothered if I have to heavily rotate in so near games.

I'll try to make it not so bothersome though, I promise :DD

But at least now I know it works :TU:

When I'm confident it's fine with me, I'm gonna fill you in on how I plan to reassign the Team Tactics -- since it's a bit long and complicated, I'm gonna save it for later. Cheers!

Ok, I can confirm that after reducing Stamina by 95% now instead of 90%, and consequently increasing Fatigue Recovery, after 4-5 days most of the players almost totally recover, with 2 or 3 still a little bit fatigued, but still in the "green".
Maybe now they recover too much and too fast, but it should be ok. Fatigue recovery is weird, maybe I will tweak it again when I'll work on Career, but for now it should be fixed, and that's what matters :TU:

Regarding Team Tactics: until now I'm assigning preset tactics based on a team's International Reputation.
But I realized that the Gameplayzer extracts all tables from the DB even if it works only on 4 or 5, and there's 1 that interests me: teamplayerlinks.
This table lists the players, their team and their position in the starting 11.
What I would like to do is:
  1. For every team, count the number of DFs, MFs and FWs
  2. Maybe even their exact roles (if there are DMFs or AMFs, etc...)
  3. For each of the players in the starting 11, gather maybe Overall, Sprint Speed, Vision, any attribute that could be determinant
  4. Based on all this information, assign specific sub-tactics to a team (if MFs/wings are quick, then a high BuildUp Speed, but if their MFs are weak then have them use more long balls, etc...)
Now, this would require looping through the teams, then teamplayerlinks and then players tables.
I don't know if the Gameplayzer can handle it or if it will hang/freeze or crash.

Still, I believe it's worth trying, as in my opinion it's way more "accurate" than simply assigning a stock tactic based on reputation, as I decided to do as of now.

What are your thoughts? I hope I managed to make myself clear :))

:THINK: Well, I think the hardest part is gonna be making the program do its job in the cleanliest and lightest way possible -- where, when and how looping through the players, etc.

Once that is out of the way, deciding and coding the various condition assignments should come easy :))

First of all thanks Ciais for all the hard work on this great mod. I guess it has to do with play style because I am not getting many fouls from the CPU. Last game I had 3 fouls and the game before that, only 1 foul. I think I applied everything correctly, stamina is depleting, balance of players is at 10 and stamina around 6. Any thoughts.

Hey @final lap, thank you for your kind words :))

Do you also use the v1.01 EXE, cl.ini and Sliders? Forgive me for this question, I simply want to make sure before giving you any suggestions :))

Also, what is your half length? It may be that too

Good afternoon :))

Bad news: as I suspected, assigning tactics that way won't work.

As an example, there are 21.000+ players in the Moddingway mod.
For each 1 of these players in teamplayerlinks, I have to loop through the whole players table, and even if I tell the program to break the loop after finding the corresponding player ID, it's gonna be roughly 21.000 X 10.500 = 220.500.000 iterations!
Yeah, maybe your CPU is not gonna melt, but it's still gonna take hours to apply the Gameplayzer. That's simply not an option.

So, it looks like we're stuck with the International Prestige, and if we want to spice things up a bit, maybe Team Mentality and the number of DFs/MFs/FWs plus their role (the team/formation tables are way smaller in comparison, so that should work).

I believe I will start doing the massive overhaul next week (you know, scouring for any possible tweak/DB/string/etc).
In the meantime, I lowered Heading by 65%, as I found it too accurate.

Tough luck :DOH:

Hey @final lap, thank you for your kind words :))

Do you also use the v1.01 EXE, cl.ini and Sliders? Forgive me for this question, I simply want to make sure before giving you any suggestions :))

Also, what is your half length? It may be that too

Yeah, I was playing 10 minute matches. Just switched to 15 minutes and got 5 fouls by the CPU. So, a lot better. Thanks again

Ah, don't mention it... although I didn't really do much :P

The number of fouls, from what I've seen so far, is determined by these things, in no particular order:
  • Your style of play. If you're not aggressive yourself and/or sprint all over the place, there will be fewer fouls
  • The teams' strength. The stronger (eg: Argentina vs Brazil), the less fouls
  • Tournament/Career have CPU boosts which are hardcoded. The more you advance, the more CPU is boosted, and when Aggression is boosted, you only increase the chance of winning the ball in a tackle, because that's what that attribute does
Hope it was helpful :))

EDIT: I just reduced Balance even more as many had it way over 10. Will try looking to lower Strength too -- the lower it is, the more a player will fall over and be fouled too.
Not in an over-the-top way, don't worry! Fouls are a part of everything, but not the whole thing :))

Last edited:
Hey there! It's me again. What a surprise, huh? :D

Tomorrow I feel like posting the last version before going full throttle on everything.
I made a ton of tweaks, but I haven't be able to test it properly yet, so go easy on me, a'ight? :))
All the tweaks I make aren't random or because "why-the-fuck-not", I read and read lots of suggestions in the various forums and combine them with my personal observations, so know that I have a plan in mind ;)

Oh, almost forgot: I found an error in the Gameplayzer. The GK Kicking attribute was mistakenly assigned to Balance -- that's why Balance was 10 for outfield players. GK Kicking was all over the place too, it still was the default, unchanged attribute.

Saludos, faithful friends. I hope I won't disappoint :APPLAUD:

I use the clutch & grab the shirt button a lot. That gives a lot of fouls and it's actually very effective too.

Gameplay testing version 2019-03-30

As always thanks to andersfss, AndreaPirlo21, Ariel, bangus, Chris Davies, El Pajaro, Exocyst, fideco, Fidel Gameplay, fifaCCitiu.com, final lap, Krebstar, Madmac79, Matt10, miketheslummy, papinho81, paulv2k4, pedrito79, regularcat, Supernova, Tinker, plus all the rest I surely forgot :))

• cl.ini:
  • Edits since last version: added and edited some strings, mainly pertaining to tackles/fouls
  • cmsettings.ini:
  • If you already have this file in dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEng\data\, replace these lines:
  • If not, extract this in your FIFA 16 folder and launch ModdingWayInstaller.exe: https://mega.nz/#!Dl8T0YQS!JjC6ezqQYy66FHJc3PK-xGQmHCqHJ2yr-40n8hYaEio
  • Re-balanced fatigue recovery
  • Edits since last version: recalculated fatigue recovery to compensate even lower Stamina
Let me know if some things should be changed for you, but with constructive and respectful criticism.
At the cost of sounding unpleasant, remember, I don't really owe anyone anything, I'm working on this in my spare time and I decided to share it with you, so I'm gonna ignore stuff like "This sucks" or "This version is a miss" if you don't even take the time to elaborate on why.
I'm not an oversensitive pussy, I believe this is just fair to me, that's all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom