FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Sorry to ask on here, but how does the Moddingway patch get activated? I downloaded, installed it, regenerated and all that, but FIFA 16 is totally back to original now, pre last year transfers etc.

How do I 'turn on' the EURO stuff?

You got to run the MWM Selector, set the Database on EURO and apply.

Start FIFA and then you have the EURO menues and stuff.

Cool, all working. Thought the patch might make things feel fresh, but still immediately find the huge faults with the game in single player v CPU. Still looks lovely though.

I think there are just too many situations where the outcome determines the animation. A couple examples:
1. Most obvious: cross and the keeper is going to get it. Doesn't matter how many bodies he needs to go through, distance travelled etc. Outcome is determined the moment of the cross. Kind of okay on that, keepers have always been invincible in footie games.

2. Slide tackle: I'm a f*cking master of it...if near the side lines. If me perfectly timing a gorgeous sliding tackle results in the CPU getting a throw in - I'm there 10/10. If it's in the middle of the park, I barely ever get it right, the animation going half as far so I just don't get the ball, or in a direction I didn't push so I just fail to stop the player.

3. Controlling lose balls: if I do something flukey and the ball ricochets towards one of my players when the CPU was clearly in 'keep ball mode', my player's first touch will immediately gift it back to the CPU. Doesn't matter the conditions, it can be travelling super slowly towards a player with great feet, and they'll control it like a dazed calf.

4. The other most obvious, the CPU will only pass between defenders if it knows it can complete the pass. If you watch replays of how this is achieved, it's because all your AI controlled teammates peel back to enable the CPU to always have an open player. It's depressing to watch, you close all the angles down only to see your FB just go on walkabout so the CPU has an option down the line.

Anyway, all of those are things clearly coded to make the v CPU mode more challenging, because otherwise it would be too easy, because coding football is hard. But I hope they're working on it, because there are so many good things about the game, but all that ruins it for me.

If you apply the EURO 2016 database you can only play EUROS or exhibition matches. Try regenerating with the FHL-BH-Editor after applying the database in the MW selector.

df800x.jpg
Yeah I reached that point, but now when I hit "NEW TOURNAMENT" there's only the EURO, no sign of "Road to EURO" being there.

Nevermind, I'll just try re-installing the mod from scratch one of these days. Meanwhile I'll play some friendlies. :)

Thank you anyway!

Well,

that´s the menu screen I have as well.
I hit "new tournament" and played it.

What about "road to EURO"? Is that different? I don´t have that either and I thought this is pretty much it??

Gotta say that I really keep enjoying this game.

Played two EURO tournaments, one with England, made it to the quarter finals and one with Switzerland which I brought to the semi finals.

These games are tough! Don´t have high scores...very tight games...I really enjoy it! And that on professional...lol. Did they do something about the gameplay with the latest FIFA update?

What about "road to EURO"? Is that different? I don´t have that either and I thought this is pretty much it??
It was meant to be a mode in which you don't play directly the EURO but choose one of the 55 teams available and start from the EURO Qualifiers instead (so you could pick, say, Holland or Greece and try to get them qualified for the main tournament).

seriously what the F*CK is wrong with cup games on FIFA 16? the AI just do that scripted cant get near their players and they pass it 50 times and score and equalize everytime you score it refuses to let you win on legendary in the 90th minute i went through and layed it off to my striker who was 4 yards from goal ONSIDE to tap it in and the CPU wouldnt let me select him and he ran away from the ball lol cheap nasty tricks they scored with every shot on target all top corner rockets icardis goal was almost like van bastens in euro 88 haha

ff_Untitled.png

its not even on this career its happened on other like my newcastle career 3-0 up vs spurs cruising and 85th min onwards they score 4 goals impossible to stop i mean i have tried everything park the bus put on 5 defenders is my game broke anyone else find cup games insane with stupid scorelines

Last edited:
its not even on this career its happened on other like my newcastle career 3-0 up vs spurs cruising and 85th min onwards they score 4 goals impossible to stop i mean i have tried everything park the bus put on 5 defenders is my game broke anyone else find cup games insane with stupid scorelines
On Legendary - and especially with default sliders - yes, definitely.

I had a cup game as Liverpool against Barnsley, and after getting narrowly beaten with my second-string side, I replayed the match with a full-strength team and got the same result. It's not so bad with adjusted sliders, but yeah, it can be ludicrous.

seems to happen in every cup game i think in the 2 rounds before the scores were 3-3 won on pens then won 4-3

my league games have been fine all sorts of scores 1-0 wins losing 3-1 ect i kinda dont want to change my sliders as i was finding it too easy on legendary but have found a sweet spot thats is a real challenge its just a shame that cup games are stupidly scripted to make them 'exciting'

I have never had a problem with losing on football games i did a ML on PES earlier this year and was in a relegation battle its was superb grinding out any point i could to survive but when all the skill and gameplay is taken away so your watching the AI score at will it becomes pointless

Last edited:
It was meant to be a mode in which you don't play directly the EURO but choose one of the 55 teams available and start from the EURO Qualifiers instead (so you could pick, say, Holland or Greece and try to get them qualified for the main tournament).

Oh ok.

That would be nice actually...as I´d l´d love to start from the qualifiers.

I think you must enable something in moddingway selector (select game modes instead of career mode something like that dont remember exactly) then you should be able to choose road to euro in competitions interface.

I have to say though, that i enjoy less and less the game. I played two games in euro mode moddingway with france. First game against romania i draw 1-1, romania got their goal on a corner, very few occasions from them apart from that. I lost 3-2 against albania, i had 20 shots, albania had 4 shots. They scored two goals right after i scored on corners, i was really angry after this game. Surprinsingly the game is more pleasant on exhibition games.
Matt10 sliders full manual world class btw

Oh ok.

That would be nice actually...as I´d l´d love to start from the qualifiers.

If you want to enable road to EURO (qualifying for EURO):
start FIFA 16 MWM Selector.exe, enable all euro related
when you start the game, select new tournament and choose Euro or road to Euro.

BTW. Can someone with Moddingway try to start any game with Croatia? I get a crash before kick-off.

If you want to enable road to EURO (qualifying for EURO):
start FIFA 16 MWM Selector.exe, enable all euro related
when you start the game, select new tournament and choose Euro or road to Euro.

BTW. Can someone with Moddingway try to start any game with Croatia? I get a crash before kick-off.

Be sure to remove vida's face, it was corrected in new moddingway version though

ah im done with this pile of crap now going for promotion last 4 games

players suddenly stop running under my control for split seconds to give ai advantage

hit the post 5 times a game in multiple games inc one that hit both posts and bounced out

florenzi had 80 per cent stamina running down the line vs ai winger whos bar was red couldnt even keep up with him was like running through a swamp

suddenly getting no free kicks ai getting everything

team running out of position to leave ai unmarked

the last game of the season leading 1-0 need a point for promotion battered their goal all game the usual post post gk save post 88th min calcio novara score a 30 pass move then they starts holding it in the corners i mean they are 11th have nothing to play for and start holding it wtf anyway then they start doing 1 touch passing get a corner cross goal i miss out on promotions

they cannot make a realistic ai without resorting to cheap tactics to balance the game and its damn shame because when its good the games superb but this kinda crap puts me off it for good too frustrating i know it has to cheat somewhat to make it challenging but this shits almost like trolling you

Just a question how to is that any possibility to be different the front-back number color of the national team kits for example the Ecuador?

Started "Road to EURO" with Germany.

Been playing this for a couple of hours.
I have to say, I´m glad I´m still enjoying this game.

Scoring is such a joy in this game and closely missing a goal doesn´t leave me cold either!
Since PES 2011, this is the next footy game that I can enjoy to the fullest!
Such an unpredictable gameplay and still goals I haven´t seen before.
Atmosphere of the EURO cup brings it even to a higher level!

I can´t help it but I have the feeling that since the latest update a couple of days ago, the pace became tiny slower (on PC), or is that just me?

Great game!

Started "Road to EURO" with Germany.

Been playing this for a couple of hours.
I have to say, I´m glad I´m still enjoying this game.

Scoring is such a joy in this game and closely missing a goal doesn´t leave me cold either!
Since PES 2011, this is the next footy game that I can enjoy to the fullest!
Such an unpredictable gameplay and still goals I haven´t seen before.
Atmosphere of the EURO cup brings it even to a higher level!

I can´t help it but I have the feeling that since the latest update a couple of days ago, the pace became tiny slower (on PC), or is that just me?

Great game!

Yup I share the same feeling

Hey, my name is a Anjin and I has acquisition FIFA in very recent times (got new PC), initially I got it to play FUT (which is, well, okay) but I wanted to try that CM mode (never liked playing against AI in FIFA) and I decided I need help, I need a lot of help and expertise because honestly I have no idea what's going on.

Professional, no sliders, 6 minutes -> Prof because I suck at playing AI, no sliders and 6 minutes to just play FIFA like it's FIFA, I honestly don't mind.

Now watch:

5v7te8x.png

Now let me explain:

So I started in EX (pretty much silver-bronze league) with Wisła (should be like 6th-7th best team in league) and something fishy is going on. Pre-season tourney was absolutely FIFA-like - plenty of goals, AI being able to finish, there was some anger, there was some hate, but I won tourney and expected a hard season. Except, when it came to league games, AI went to shit for some reason.

They don't score goals! And they have so many chances - I'm better defender in FUT than offline it seems! And I can't learn how 2 defend properly offline at all, these guys always run past me, defenders are just too damn slow to stop anything, even jockey - while effective in FUT - completely crap offline attackers just run around me.

And yet I've lost 5 goals in 15 games. AI is so bad in my game, they miss 100% chances all the freaking time. It always goes like this: AI defends hard and it's tough to break through but eventually I get a goal, AI opens up, starts risking more and I just wreck them in counterattacks. Every. Single. Time.

Two (goalless) draws were against sides which seemed to park the bus all the time, just couldn't get past them at all. To make it even more confusing, I've beaten best team in the league (Legia, currently 4th but they were 9th most of the time o_O) 5:1 doing literally nothing. They've ripped themselves apart, allowed me to score last three goals (no defenders, nowhere).

I'm lost. So lost. What's going on - I keep winning, but AI doesn't even try. And in FUT offline games I had amazing troubles against Professional AI at times!

What do you reckon guys? I was thinking of sliders but in all honesty I want to play FIFA as it was intended to play, although eventually I might have to check them out. I will try World Class today but I have terrible feeling it'll end up with me losing 15 games in a row, because Professional AI is challenging enough for me - they just refuse to score at all!

Or is it a league problem - silver-bronze Ekstraklasa is nothing to talk about but I've scored 29 goals somehow why AI can't. Our league is crap I admit, I'd just like AI to give me a run for monies sometimes.

After preseason cup I thought I'll end up like :BRMM: not like :SHOCK: because AI just :COAT: for some reason. Weird stuff.

On the other hand, I quite like this training mode, I'm developing my younger players and let them play most of the time, really gives you the feeling of building a new team from the scratch. CM will never be Master League (lacks that "something" y'know) but, just like rest of FIFA it's...okay. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing amazing, nothing aggravating, just...okay.

The latest patch has ruined it for me for this game, I enjoyed it a lot while it lasted, the new patch has made the game faster and the player models are moving like they were when the game first came out, which is why I didn't play it at the start, I'm very disappointed. This patch has totally fucked the game up.

The latest patch has ruined it for me for this game, I enjoyed it a lot while it lasted, the new patch has made the game faster and the player models are moving like they were when the game first came out, which is why I didn't play it at the start, I'm very disappointed. This patch has totally fucked the game up.

I disagree. The game has improved over the last patch, albeit not in the vicinity of the demo version. The defense is more awake and on line, the attack is more varied. On the negative side, FB too high.

Hey, my name is a Anjin and I has acquisition FIFA in very recent times (got new PC), initially I got it to play FUT (which is, well, okay) but I wanted to try that CM mode (never liked playing against AI in FIFA) and I decided I need help, I need a lot of help and expertise because honestly I have no idea what's going on.

Professional, no sliders, 6 minutes -> Prof because I suck at playing AI, no sliders and 6 minutes to just play FIFA like it's FIFA, I honestly don't mind.

Now watch:

5v7te8x.png

Now let me explain:

So I started in EX (pretty much silver-bronze league) with Wisła (should be like 6th-7th best team in league) and something fishy is going on. Pre-season tourney was absolutely FIFA-like - plenty of goals, AI being able to finish, there was some anger, there was some hate, but I won tourney and expected a hard season. Except, when it came to league games, AI went to shit for some reason.

They don't score goals! And they have so many chances - I'm better defender in FUT than offline it seems! And I can't learn how 2 defend properly offline at all, these guys always run past me, defenders are just too damn slow to stop anything, even jockey - while effective in FUT - completely crap offline attackers just run around me.

And yet I've lost 5 goals in 15 games. AI is so bad in my game, they miss 100% chances all the freaking time. It always goes like this: AI defends hard and it's tough to break through but eventually I get a goal, AI opens up, starts risking more and I just wreck them in counterattacks. Every. Single. Time.

Two (goalless) draws were against sides which seemed to park the bus all the time, just couldn't get past them at all. To make it even more confusing, I've beaten best team in the league (Legia, currently 4th but they were 9th most of the time o_O) 5:1 doing literally nothing. They've ripped themselves apart, allowed me to score last three goals (no defenders, nowhere).

I'm lost. So lost. What's going on - I keep winning, but AI doesn't even try. And in FUT offline games I had amazing troubles against Professional AI at times!

What do you reckon guys? I was thinking of sliders but in all honesty I want to play FIFA as it was intended to play, although eventually I might have to check them out. I will try World Class today but I have terrible feeling it'll end up with me losing 15 games in a row, because Professional AI is challenging enough for me - they just refuse to score at all!

Or is it a league problem - silver-bronze Ekstraklasa is nothing to talk about but I've scored 29 goals somehow why AI can't. Our league is crap I admit, I'd just like AI to give me a run for monies sometimes.

After preseason cup I thought I'll end up like :BRMM: not like :SHOCK: because AI just :COAT: for some reason. Weird stuff.

On the other hand, I quite like this training mode, I'm developing my younger players and let them play most of the time, really gives you the feeling of building a new team from the scratch. CM will never be Master League (lacks that "something" y'know) but, just like rest of FIFA it's...okay. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing amazing, nothing aggravating, just...okay.

Hi:))
As far as I understand you win too much on the pro level ?. I will not denigrate default settings, however, sliders can help you if Fifa is too difficult or easy. Pro can be made harder than WC and vice versa !. If your level is pro samples and tamper with the following values for the cpu to start softly. If it does not help ?, write again and we raise the value one level higher on the pro.

Run Frequency user25 / cpu50
Sprint user 50 / cpu 51
Acceleration user 50 / cpu51
Shot Error user55 / cpu from 49 to 45

One more thing, and that is crucial. 6 min is too short!. Minimum 10 is a necessity, I do not know how many times I've heard about lack of time and more. The fact is, what do you want?, quantity or quality= minimum of 10 minutes. Fifa also changes when you do. The better you get the more opportunities are opening up, if you change the style of play changes fifa themselves. Play games and play again and again ... the only thing that teaches you to be better.

Have a strange feeling may be placebo I hope. I even wrote as late as yesterday that the latest patch has made FIFA better. But I have come into question, and perhaps we give EA more credit than they deserve?. Instead of improvements they have made FIFA16 easier?!., And therefore we believe that the defense has been better and especially the attack is more direct. It also fits into the picture about why would they improve Fifa16?, they have no tools for it.

I played several matches with WC / LE and won all. I dribbled around the Chelsea defense without much resistance, and won by 9:R1 man-Optional time at Stamford Bridge with Hull, come on!?. The same pattern happened against Leicester and Liverpool ?. It feels too easy, hope it is a placebo ?

Have a strange feeling may be placebo I hope. I even wrote as late as yesterday that the latest patch has made FIFA better. But I have come into question, and perhaps we give EA more credit than they deserve?. Instead of improvements they have made FIFA16 easier?!., And therefore we believe that the defense has been better and especially the attack is more direct. It also fits into the picture about why would they improve Fifa16?, they have no tools for it.

I played several matches with WC / LE and won all. I dribbled around the Chelsea defense without much resistance, and won by 9:R1 man-Optional time at Stamford Bridge with Hull, come on!?. The same pattern happened against Leicester and Liverpool ?. It feels too easy, hope it is a placebo ?

I haven't noticed anything regarding difficulty - probably a placebo. One thing I though i noticed was a change to the dynamic cam. I enjoy it zoomed in and even adjust my TV to give a little extra zoom. That does mess up the clock at the top and takes away some crowd visuals. Since the patch the clock is still out of shot but the crowd is now visible..not sure might be a placebo too.

Ive just ordered myself a new 49" LG 4k TV so cant wait to play it on that

I haven't noticed anything regarding difficulty - probably a placebo. One thing I though i noticed was a change to the dynamic cam. I enjoy it zoomed in and even adjust my TV to give a little extra zoom. That does mess up the clock at the top and takes away some crowd visuals. Since the patch the clock is still out of shot but the crowd is now visible..not sure might be a placebo too.

Ive just ordered myself a new 49" LG 4k TV so cant wait to play it on that

Hope you're right, testing on later today.

Back
Top Bottom