FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Last patch is very good for me.
What I noticed:

- The ball is more independent. Interesting first touch errors, failed passes.
- I can play world class now :)
- Very dynamic positioning of players

One negative though. Too much shots just outside the box from the CPU, and very accurate.

Maybe the new fifa 17 videos get me exited, but I don't think what I see is placebo :BYE:

The latest patch has ruined it for me for this game, I enjoyed it a lot while it lasted, the new patch has made the game faster and the player models are moving like they were when the game first came out, which is why I didn't play it at the start, I'm very disappointed. This patch has totally fucked the game up.

Strange. Seems we´re not on the same track for this one, for the first time :P.
I experienced the opposite.
Games are very tight, pace feels slower.
I even played a couple of online matches and they were fun to play as well.
Even online is a lot more hectic.
Do u play on PC or PS4/XBOX?

Why on Earth I'm the only one who cannot play Road to EURO? What the Hell am I doing wrong? :RANT:

There´s one thing I didn´t come across as well.
But just do it that way:
- Use moddingway selector and for database choose the last option "Euro 2016"
- Apply Database
- Start the game
- Select "New tournament" in game
And now comes the menu thing which I haven´t seen as well the whole time.
When selecting new tournament, move the cursor down and you can switch between "Euro 2016" and "Road to Euro".
Maybe not easy to explain but check this vid right here and see what he does at 2:43:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9jnNsKzmU

I always thought you can´t select nothing but "Euro 2016", until I have seen that.

The Old Dane said:

Hi there.

The Old Dane said:
As far as I understand you win too much on the pro level ?.

But I shouldn't, I'm utter shite at FIFA offline I swear. AI isn't even all that bad, they just can't finish anything at all - that's the real issue.

The Old Dane said:
I will not denigrate default settings, however, sliders can help you if Fifa is too difficult or easy. Pro can be made harder than WC and vice versa !. If your level is pro samples and tamper with the following values for the cpu to start softly. If it does not help ?, write again and we raise the value one level higher on the pro.

I know about sliders, I just thought I could do without them. It's not really game being too hard, but AI being terrible at scoring ,at least in my game. There were times they could beat me but noooo why win when you can throw away all scoring opportunities and let the player win :D Never had something like this happen.

On the other hand, and it's individual problem of mine, using sliders feels slightly like cheating - I would like to beat AI (and AI to beat me) using the standard rules.

It seems there's no other option than sliders in the end.

The Old Dane said:
Run Frequency user25 / cpu50
Sprint user 50 / cpu 51
Acceleration user 50 / cpu51
Shot Error user55 / cpu from 49 to 45

Decent suggestions, but I'll have to look for entire sets. All I need is less accurate passing (AI is infuriating with it) and more accurate shooting (so they could score more often). Also would be nice to see more variety to AI gameplay, not sure if it's possible, I know literally nothing about FIFA.

The Old Dane said:
One more thing, and that is crucial. 6 min is too short!. Minimum 10 is a necessity, I do not know how many times I've heard about lack of time and more. The fact is, what do you want?, quantity or quality= minimum of 10 minutes. Fifa also changes when you do. The better you get the more opportunities are opening up, if you change the style of play changes fifa themselves. Play games and play again and again ... the only thing that teaches you to be better.

Honestly I never thought about it. 10 mins is standard for PES so it's fine, but it's 6 in FIFA and I decided not to change it. It might be helpful too, but otoh I don't have as much time to play as I woulda wish, so I'm okay with shorter games. But 8 minutes might be fine, I'll see.

Thanks for the reply @The Old Dane, really appreciated, I will look into sliders and come back with the results.

Hi there.

But I shouldn't, I'm utter shite at FIFA offline I swear. AI isn't even all that bad, they just can't finish anything at all - that's the real issue.

I know about sliders, I just thought I could do without them. It's not really game being too hard, but AI being terrible at scoring ,at least in my game. There were times they could beat me but noooo why win when you can throw away all scoring opportunities and let the player win :D Never had something like this happen.

On the other hand, and it's individual problem of mine, using sliders feels slightly like cheating - I would like to beat AI (and AI to beat me) using the standard rules.

It seems there's no other option than sliders in the end.

Decent suggestions, but I'll have to look for entire sets. All I need is less accurate passing (AI is infuriating with it) and more accurate shooting (so they could score more often). Also would be nice to see more variety to AI gameplay, not sure if it's possible, I know literally nothing about FIFA.

Honestly I never thought about it. 10 mins is standard for PES so it's fine, but it's 6 in FIFA and I decided not to change it. It might be helpful too, but otoh I don't have as much time to play as I woulda wish, so I'm okay with shorter games. But 8 minutes might be fine, I'll see.

Thanks for the reply @The Old Dane, really appreciated, I will look into sliders and come back with the results.

Disciples do not always have time to help their first priority, which is to protect their god and settler must be kept on a short leash. Well it was probably the last help you got from me, but it was a pleasure Anjin Miura.

(Not you A.M -.) ...
This for you and your d .......
Matt 10:34 "Think Not that I Am come to Send Peace on Earth ... But a Sword"?

Played my first game for a few weeks today after I heard about the new patch.

I played on Prof with vanilla sliders apart from injury settings ranked up a bit and my passing error at 0 as I play manual. I was QPR v Ipswich in the first game of season 2. I was 2-0 down after 20 mins but changed the formation and won 3-2, a really fantastic game. Polter scoring another wonder goal, which he has done a lot for me in my first season. I will up load videos in the next few days.

Is it me or does it seem like there are more fouls?
I had 6 fouls and CPU had 12, that's the most I've seen and only 2 offsides.

I find that with sliders I think I'm cheating like Anjin said. So I prefer to leave them almost vanilla. Otherwise if I change the GK and I score I think "oh is it because I lowered GK rating"

Great game, enjoying it. I played PES 2016 as I was reading some positive posts, but nah it's too too too arcadey at the moment.

Looking forward to both the new games though. Trying not to read too many negative posts otherwise it puts doubts in my mind.

Strange. Seems we´re not on the same track for this one, for the first time :P.
I experienced the opposite.
Games are very tight, pace feels slower.
I even played a couple of online matches and they were fun to play as well.
Even online is a lot more hectic.
Do u play on PC or PS4/XBOX?

Yeah I play on ps4, sounds like the guys enjoying it must be on pc.

I always thought you can´t select nothing but "Euro 2016", until I have seen that.
Oh dear you're right. I found out by myself yesterday (as honestly I didn't know where else to look for).
I feel stupid. Like really really stupid, as it was exactly in front of my eyes and I never noticed it before yesterday. :FAIL:

Thanks for helping though... Now I can finally drive Malta to... Well, nothing apparently. We've already been hammered by Croatia in the first match. :BRMM:

Yeah I play on ps4, sounds like the guys enjoying it must be on pc.

Maybe.
Played the demo on PS4 and PC and quickly noticed that it´s slower on PC.
Couldn´t find anything negative yet with the latest patch...on PC at least.

Oh dear you're right. I found out by myself yesterday (as honestly I didn't know where else to look for).
I feel stupid. Like really really stupid, as it was exactly in front of my eyes and I never noticed it before yesterday. :FAIL:

Thanks for helping though... Now I can finally drive Malta to... Well, nothing apparently. We've already been hammered by Croatia in the first match. :BRMM:

LOL! Same here...you at least found it by yourself....I had to watch this spanish video to realize that :P

What is everyone seeing with this patch, then? Those of you who've already said what you've seen change - any update on your opinion(s)?

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks - I'm yet to play since the patch, and I assumed there would be no changes other than the FUT fix given that FIFA 17 is the current focus - but it sounds like they've done... At least something...

It might be just me but with the new patch I am scoring alot more freely..

I am now very regularly winning on World Class, including beating Bari last night with Milan 6-1.

it feels good on PS4 - thought individuality showed a bit more, felt a bit more balanced and as i mentioned before the camera felt different slightly on dynamic but its probably placebo and i don't play it enough now to really compare..the little one is one year old and he never stops :)

I am now very regularly winning on World Class, including beating Bari last night with Milan 6-1.
I've never had a scoreline like that on World Class (and only once or twice on Legendary) so that sounds pretty concrete to me... In my current save (though I've not played for a month) I've been struggling to score but rarely conceding (an average of 1.2 goals scored and 0.7 goals conceded per game or thereabouts). I wouldn't mind scoring more goals but if the CPU can't score them either, that'll be a big problem...

it feels good on PS4 - thought individuality showed a bit more, felt a bit more balanced and as i mentioned before the camera felt different slightly on dynamic but its probably placebo and i don't play it enough now to really compare..the little one is one year old and he never stops :)
See I've never had a problem seeing individuality - certainly more so than PES, where the response times make dribbling pretty much impossible with anyone, and where you can hit a shot that's equally-well struck with a defender as with a striker (the only "individuality" I see is when using assisted controls and the CPU directs a defender's shots wide).

The problems I do have with FIFA though, other than the CPU not scoring regularly, is that the CPU (on any setting) keeps a PERFECTLY straight and solid back-line that you can never beat with an incisive through-ball, and (on Legendary) the CPU tends to score by keeping the ball far too well and then setting up a backpass from the edge of the D that gets tapped into the net.

I don't see why they'd change the code now - if they have! - but if they have, I hope the knock-on effects mean a bit less of that stuff... Fingers crossed.

My first test will be playing on World Class and seeing if they play aggressive (and perfect) keep-ball any less - if they do, that might open up a bit more (realistic) CPU vulnerability...

Last edited:
I can confirm after a couple more games last night the game has certainly improved by the amount of chances you can create yourself on World Class without facing a brick wall all the time.
I am enjoying the game a lot more with the new patch I am actually winning games - dominating parts of the game - not drawing every game 1-1.

My results last night:-
2-0 Napoli
1-2 Dortmund (Lost)
3-0 Can't remember who
0-0 Torino - Just couldn't score but the game actually felt enjoyable

What is everyone seeing with this patch, then? Those of you who've already said what you've seen change - any update on your opinion(s)?

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks - I'm yet to play since the patch, and I assumed there would be no changes other than the FUT fix given that FIFA 17 is the current focus - but it sounds like they've done... At least something...

At first I thought it might be just me as I haven´t played it very frequently the last time.
My son wanted a match and we played it on his laptop after the update and I loved the match as it was so tight.
I´ve won 1:0, but it was balanced, very thrilling as any mistake could have lead to a goal for the opponent.

And I felt that the pace was slower than before.

Then I played the Road to EURO and loved every match...but that could have to do with the fact that I had a little FIFA break.

But since other users on here are reporting similar feelings, there must be something with this patch.

Even I never wanted to touch it again, I started playing FUT :P.
Out of 10 games I had maybe 6 or 7 nice ones, the other´s have been ugly.
If you meet the right users it can be quite fun, but often you meet those hardcore dribble whores and those who are trying long shots all the time.
That´s something which has to be fixed. If you stand at a specific range in front of the goal, almost every long shot hits the net.

I hope they´ll take care of that in FIFA 17.

Well, I only had time to play a few games last night (on Legendary).

Who said they saw more fouls? I think you're right - the first game I played - Aston Villa (CPU) v Liverpool (me) - saw a CPU player sent off in the first five minutes! :D

Sturridge was through on the wing and the guy snapped him in half from behind. Came out of nowhere! I definitely saw more CPU fouls.

That was all the positive I saw in it, though - Aston Villa (and later on Watford) were passing it around (far too) quickly and perfectly considering their ability, but they were rarely shooting despite this (4 shots to my 14, 60% possession to my 40%, 94% accuracy to my 86%). It looked a bit weird to see a team outplaying me but not wanting to shoot.

All the goals that the CPU scored across all the games were within five minutes of my goals, and it just felt like they weren't "allowed" to score until I did.

None of that is because of the patch, I don't think. Certainly not the latter - on playing FIFA 16 for the first time it's one of the first things I noticed (especially in Be A Pro where, as soon as your team goes a goal down, your manager puts you onto "all out attack" and every player suddenly starts playing as if they're possessed).

I'll try it on World Class tonight (to try and make Aston Villa play like Aston Villa instead of playing such perfect passing football), with altered sliders (to try and make it more difficult to score).

There's definitely a difference, though. I wasn't expecting it, but the results speak for themselves (compared to all the 1-0s I was having previously)...

I guess it is probably the way I play the game.

But generally on World Class I normally have around 60-65% possesion on average per game, this has always been the case even before the new patch.

However since the patch I have gone from having around 5-7 shots per game to around 12-15. The computer though has gone to having roughly the same number of 5-7 shots to now only having 2-3 per game.

I am starting to think the computer on World Class has been dumped down slightly on World Class as I am now winning the majority of games.
However although being what I called dumped down - I am enjoying the game alot more. I do believe this is because World Class had issues with the computer cheating and having what is best described as Power Plays during the game where it would do pin point short passing and score at the end.. I find this is no longer much of an issue since the patch. So the game is much more enjoyable..

The new World Class is a nice balance for me as it is still quite a challenge without the previous annoyances - And Professional for me is a joke as you can comfortably win every game 5-0 without even breaking sweat so the game was incredibly boring for me.

Last edited:
I do believe this is because World Class had issues with the computer cheating and having what is best described as Power Plays during the game where it would do pin point short passing and score at the end.. I find this is no longer much of an issue since the patch. So the game is much more enjoyable..
Maybe they've just lumped (more of) it into Legendary, because I saw that a lot last night...

I always found Legendary easier than World Class because the AI doesn't keep possession quite so magically (never letting you get near the man with the ball before passing it away), but last night, I was having that issue with Legendary - so maybe World Class is a little less "cheaty" now and Legendary a little more so?

If it's not just placebo (and the results I'm getting are wildly different so I really don't think it is - unless playing PES 2017 for the last few weeks has totally changed my style of play), it could make sense seeing as it follows that interview with the FIFA 17 gameplay producer who offered criticism of 16 - although his chief criticism was that the AI kept possession too much, and that hasn't changed for me, and they're having less shots, not more.

I guess it is probably the way I play the game.

But generally on World Class I normally have around 60-65% possesion on average per game, this has always been the case even before the new patch.

However since the patch I have gone from having around 5-7 shots per game to around 12-15. The computer though has gone to having roughly the same number of 5-7 shots to now only having 2-3 per game.

I am starting to think the computer on World Class has been dumped down slightly on World Class as I am now winning the majority of games.
However although being what I called dumped down - I am enjoying the game alot more. I do believe this is because World Class had issues with the computer cheating and having what is best described as Power Plays during the game where it would do pin point short passing and score at the end.. I find this is no longer much of an issue since the patch. So the game is much more enjoyable..

The new World Class is a nice balance for me as it is still quite a challenge without the previous annoyances - And Professional for me is a joke as you can comfortably win every game 5-0 without even breaking sweat so the game was incredibly boring for me.

That´s interesting!

I always avoided playing anything higher than professional, cause the AI played weird at times and I felt that the team individuality was gone.

Even I enjoy the game there, I think it should be a bit more challenging.

I´m gonna try WC now.
Thx for your impressions!

I've had the wind knocked out of my sails a little bit, tonight.

Playing my career save on World Class, it seemed more balanced looking at the stats, but teams were doing the instant-perfect-passing that I've always hated 16's World Class difficulty for.

So I decided to run an experiment - I played as Liverpool against Accrington Stanley (5-star v 1-star) and vice-versa, on each difficulty setting.

It's totally ruined the game for me. The stats I get on every difficulty are the same no matter which team I am - for example, on Professional, I beat Liverpool as Accrington Stanley with 60% possession. On World Class and on Legendary, as Liverpool, Accrington Stanley beat me with 60% possession.

Trying through-balls, as Accrington Stanley (on Professional), they were actually getting through the defensive line (and the defensive line would break up a little bit). As Liverpool against Accrington Stanley, every through-ball was intercepted by a perfectly-covering centre-back.

I don't know why I've never tested something like that before, but I don't think I can go back to my career game now.

The way you play or the opponents plays depends on how you want to play. I did a test on the new patch with Barca in UCL, world class and Matt10 sliders, and had more than 57% possession in every game, making the AI play direct/long ball against me (I got Chelsea in QF and that's what they did in both legs, had 63% possession away where I won).

You can also more play direct football if you don't have a good passing team or are playing against a high quality opposition. Against small teams you have to be more patient.

Im loving the new patch

The way you play or the opponents plays depends on how you want to play. I did a test on the new patch with Barca in UCL, world class and Matt10 sliders, and had more than 57% possession in every game, making the AI play direct/long ball against me (I got Chelsea in QF and that's what they did in both legs, had 63% possession away where I won).

You can also more play direct football if you don't have a good passing team or are playing against a high quality opposition. Against small teams you have to be more patient.

Im loving the new patch

May I ask - was that with the newest update I posted? I've been loving my matches. Had some live matches earlier, here's the archive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z26Apq8nt3c

This patch that people are talking about came out for PS4?

Because I'm on PS4 and I thought I saw a patch about a week ago but I thought it said it's for a couple of fixes to some Ultimate Team issues, which I don't care about. Not gameplay related... or anything.

Anybody got a list of what the patch is supposed to do and when it was released?

This patch that people are talking about came out for PS4?

Because I'm on PS4 and I thought I saw a patch about a week ago but I thought it said it's for a couple of fixes to some Ultimate Team issues, which I don't care about. Not gameplay related... or anything.

Anybody got a list of what the patch is supposed to do and when it was released?

It was for the chemistry glitch fix. Gameplay has definitely changed. I think EA have a good game, but I do not think they know half of what they are affecting when they do these patch updates. Gameplay always gets a change one way or the other, whether intended to or not.

Another thing i noted (could be just me) :

All goalkicks done by the cpu end up perfectly on their striker's head or chest.
The striker is very unmarked as well. I remember this annoyed me a lot in 15, but was improved in 16.
Now it seems to be back.

Anyone else seeing this?

I'm really not enjoying it, even with sliders, got to say.

It's a million miles better with Matt's latest sliders - the slower pass speed is something I was playing with, definitely helps - but I played a few games as Liverpool, and started a new career as Accrington Stanley, and saw the same things in both.

Opponents passing the ball away before you can get anywhere near them (on World Class especially - I still say Legendary is a much better experience), players doing 180 and 360 degree turns over and over (not as skill moves, just constantly doing big turns as if they can't make their mind up), perfect defensive lines, perfect decision-making from the AI (you can force them to make first-touch mistakes but they always make the most intelligent pass, especially on World Class where I'm seeing teams go from LB/LM to RB/RM over and over again with slider adjustments)...

There's definitely gameplay changes in the latest patch, but I'm starting to think that they don't really know what they want to do with it, and any benefits we see are purely a coincidence rather than their intention.

Seeing as they hadn't even announced any gameplay changes, I half-wonder if they even know what they've released...

I might have to delete all my saves and go back to the original release to give it one last go.

Last edited:
I played another game, still on pro level and am seeing a lot of passing around Barcelona style of lower class teams.

I'm playing the game with Matt's sliders as well and it was much less but since the patch it is back and it's not making the game any better.

Hopefully Fifa 17 will improve things but let's wait and see.

I played another game, still on pro level and am seeing a lot of passing around Barcelona style of lower class teams.
I used to experience that with the 1.06 patch (where the AI would usually start dribbling from the flank, enter the box and shoot at the first post no matter who they were) but lately (and with Matt10's sliders) this sensation has gone away fortunately: now I'm back thinking that it's great how this game still can surprise me even after nearly 11 months.

Last night I was playing against my soon-to-be father-in-law: during the match I got a corner and I scored a goal I hadn't ever seen before, and so did he shortly after from a free kick (so after 11 months of play I'm still seeing new goals).
It's these little gems (along with a pretty solid gameplay) that make me believe FIFA 16 is probably the best FIFA game ever.

I used to say so about FIFA 12 (I re-played it last week and, boy, it's still a great game even if it now feels a little too fast compared to FIFA 16), but I'm pretty convinced FIFA 16 raised the bar and did it by a considerable amount.

No game will ever please everyone, I'm aware of that: for a player like me appreciating the "weight" of the players along with their momentum and the passing which now seems more logical, you'll find tons of players who will complain about the players feeling sluggish to control and about passes being too difficult, but I'm really enjoying it like the first day.

Back
Top Bottom