FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Anyone had weird stat progression in CM? Just finished my first season as United, and the 3 players who had the highest stat increases were Rooney, Schewinsteiger and Ashley Young.

Meanwhile players like Martial, Varela and Shaw didn't move more than +2.

Odd. I did the training exercises too.

I really hope besides gameplay improvement that they add classic teams

Like in NBA2k you can play with the 70/80s Lakers, 80s Celtics, 80s-90s Bulls, 98 Lakers, etc.

How amazing would it be to play with the teams throughout history. Pele's Santos team, 1999 Man Utd, Henry and Viera's Arsenal, 2000s Real Madrid, etc.

Would be like playing FIFA in a time machine, with the teams we used to play on former pes/iss/fifa.

They already have the retro jerseys you can add to your team in FUT, and the Legends players. Would be insane to play with many of these teams. I know I'd use them all the time.

This game constantly impresses me, I decided for the first time to try the possession tactic only cos when I tried playing it in PES, the players just stand like stunned mullets and not making any runs to progress forward, with Fifa the buildup is perfect for me players make small diagonal runs or finding space constantly moving forward at the same time, which to me has hit the sweet spot on how I like to play, PES 17 has to do a shitload of things right for me to go back

Last edited:
Also having a lot of fun with FIFA 16 still.

Not that excited about PES 2017 nor FIFA 17, but they´re gonna be tested anyway.

If FIFA 17 makes a turn to a different direction unlike FIFA 16 in a negative way, I´ll be able to cope with 16 for another year.

Unless...unless PES 2017 makes me enjoying PES again...but that is quite unlikely.
Let´s see...

Also having a lot of fun with FIFA 16 still.

Not that excited about PES 2017 nor FIFA 17, but they´re gonna be tested anyway.

If FIFA 17 makes a turn to a different direction unlike FIFA 16 in a negative way, I´ll be able to cope with 16 for another year.

Unless...unless PES 2017 makes me enjoying PES again...but that is quite unlikely.
Let´s see...

Yeah exactly how I feel

How amazing would it be to play with the teams throughout history. Pele's Santos team, 1999 Man Utd, Henry and Viera's Arsenal, 2000s Real Madrid, etc.
Yeah! FIFA 2000 already had that and it was fun.
Teams from different historical periods had different visual effects (sepia for very old teams, black and white for the teams from the '60s, and that fuzzy de-saturated effect you used to see on TV back then for the teams from the '80s).
Yeah, it would be good to have some of those teams back. :)

Yeah! FIFA 2000 already had that and it was fun.
Teams from different historical periods had different visual effects (sepia for very old teams, black and white for the teams from the '60s, and that fuzzy de-saturated effect you used to see on TV back then for the teams from the '80s).
Yeah, it would be good to have some of those teams back. :)

Licensing could be a problem, though.

Has there been a recent patch? been struggling badly on career mode this weekend
There's been no gameplay ones for a while now, all focus is on FIFA 17!

I had a torrid time myself this weekend, I've discovered that the best teams on Legendary just pass to a player on the line (between the corner flag and the goal), who then dribbles in a straight line towards the goalkeeper (with your defenders powerless to get the ball) and smashes into the net from about five yards out, which has spoilt it for me.

Also, I was keeping pace with the league leaders for a little while, until I drew a few tricky games and eventually lost a couple - then I noticed that, after 20 games or so, the league leaders (Manchester City) have literally won every single game they've played. Come on, now. Where's the motivation to try and compete with that when it's so unrealistic?

I'm going to finish my third season (I finished 4th in season one, 3rd in season two and now I'm 7th with little hope) and then play Football Manager until we get the new season's football games, I think.

But it's worth noting that this is the longest I've played a football game for since the PES games of old. It's given me hours upon hours of joy since release - I hope the switch to Frostbite for 17 doesn't mean a transition-period (i.e. incomplete) gameplay engine...

Last edited:
I really hope both EA and Konami deliver a fun and exciting game of football this year. Surely it's not asking much for both companies to stop trying to compete against each other and focus trying to make the best football videogame they can.

I had a torrid time myself this weekend, I've discovered that the best teams on Legendary just pass to a player on the line (between the corner flag and the goal), who then dribbles in a straight line towards the goalkeeper (with your defenders powerless to get the ball) and smashes into the net from about five yards out, which has spoilt it for me.

Also, I was keeping pace with the league leaders for a little while, until I drew a few tricky games and eventually lost a couple - then I noticed that, after 20 games or so, the league leaders (Manchester City) have literally won every single game they've played. Come on, now. Where's the motivation to try and compete with that when it's so unrealistic?

I'm going to finish my third season (I finished 4th in season one, 3rd in season two and now I'm 7th with little hope) and then play Football Manager until we get the new season's football games, I think.

But it's worth nothing that this is the longest I've played a football game for since the PES games of old. It's given me hours upon hours of joy since release - I hope the switch to Frostbite for 17 doesn't mean a transition-period (i.e. incomplete) gameplay engine...

Hi Chris, hope i dont sound like an old school teacher of yours but did you mean 'noting' as it completely changes the meaning of that sentence. ;)

Hi Chris, hope i dont sound like an old school teacher of yours but did you mean 'noting' as it completely changes the meaning of that sentence. ;)
Good spot (when you post as much rubbish as I do, you're bound to make a typo every now and then)...

But it's worth noting that this is the longest I've played a football game for since the PES games of old. It's given me hours upon hours of joy since release - I hope the switch to Frostbite for 17 doesn't mean a transition-period (i.e. incomplete) gameplay engine...

I had a go playing it on legendary I still believe professional plays a better and fairer game and the difference between the low
Medium and mega teams is more noticeable on pro. For example I'm inter and Iv had games where iv dominated and realistically should be but then I play teams like ac Milan and Roma and have a lot of intense midfield battles and if I get past any of there players they will try to intentionally foul me which is something I'd thought never see again since the old days, this game is very very deep, it reminds me a lot of the old PES where u don't notice anything different straight away till you play a lot of matches and Fifa 16 does it extremly well.

I tried legendary again and it's not for me. I don't get enjoyment out of it, probably because i suck.
Don't mind having to work for a win, but in the end i have to have fun as well and that was not the case for me.

So, turned back to pro. Played some friendlies and some created tournaments but won most games.
Now going to to a champions league (created tournament again) as Ajax, who are a lesser team, to see how that goes.
If i still win i will give some more advantage to the cpu by slightly adjusting some sliders in their favour. At least i'm playing the game again so still happy about that (because of Matt's sliders).

On another note : I wonder about the rumors about the frostbyte engine.
I used to play pes a lot in the past, and every time the series went to a new platform (so fm ps1 to ps2 etc.) the games became worse the first few editions. I remember it very vividly when they went to the ps2. The game sucked and it took a few years before it got better.

I hope this won't be the case with Fifa, improving graphics and having the gameplay suffer from it.
Let's wait and see what happens.

I am going to give legendary a try but will probably stick with my original post..

I just wish there was a level between Pro and World Class.. As pro is way too easy and World Class I just draw so many games, due to the CPU having weird catch up logic.

I do agree though that Pro there is a difference between teams.. I completed a season with Milan and beat Juve 2-0, Roma 2-0 but was beating teams down the bottom 7/8-0..

I had a go playing it on legendary I still believe professional plays a better and fairer game and the difference between the low
Medium and mega teams is more noticeable on pro. For example I'm inter and Iv had games where iv dominated and realistically should be but then I play teams like ac Milan and Roma and have a lot of intense midfield battles and if I get past any of there players they will try to intentionally foul me which is something I'd thought never see again since the old days, this game is very very deep, it reminds me a lot of the old PES where u don't notice anything different straight away till you play a lot of matches and Fifa 16 does it extremly well.

Jimi what slider settings are you using on professional?

I've been struggling to enjoy the game recently. Don't know if it's because my players are going through a bad patch, whether it's me, or the game itself. I've gone from really enjoying it to replaying the same game four or five times because I've been getting annoyed with it. CPU having 3 shots on target and scoring 3 goals, things like that.

I find professional too easy so anything adjustments to make it harder will be much appreciated. :))

Jimi what slider settings are you using on professional?

I've been struggling to enjoy the game recently. Don't know if it's because my players are going through a bad patch, whether it's me, or the game itself. I've gone from really enjoying it to replaying the same game four or five times because I've been getting annoyed with it. CPU having 3 shots on target and scoring 3 goals, things like that.

I find professional too easy so anything adjustments to make it harder will be much appreciated. :))

Sorry for the late response, yeah I'm using matt 10's sliders, also playing full manual in all areas, which I guess why I'm enjoying professional a lot. Also u noticed on manual it's not fully manual, stats are still integrated heavily, which is great. Good luck mate

Last edited:
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...2002-hardcore-simulation-fifa-16-sliders.html

This is a good set for professional difficulty. I personally use Aaron458f mod set.

I tried these yesterday and the game played well. Only played one game so far but was quite a challenge. I managed to win 3-2 in one of those pre season comps. Thanks

Sorry for the late response, yeah I'm using matt 10's sliders, also playing full manual in all areas, which I guess why I'm enjoying professional a lot. Also u noticed on manual it's not fully manual, stats are still integrated heavily, which is great. Good luck mate

Ive been trying to track you Jimi on the slider thread. I was gonna post on the PES2017 and FIFA17 but thought best not too. Thanks for gettiing back. Im using the ones quoted above at the moment and its quite tough. Yeh i finally went for manual passing as before i never got on with it but now its cool and yes stats make a difference. Good to hear you guys are still enjoying the game. :)

Wrong thread :)

Sorry, hence my reply to Jimi above ;)

Professional is the way to go for me with the above slider settings and full manual. The game feels so much balanced and teams play differently.

I am playing a pre season tournament with QPR. I won the first game, I think 3-2, then lost the second game 6-1 and not once did I feel that the CPU was cheating as it feels on higher levels. In fact my defender Hall got injured in the first half and I had to put Sandro in the heart of defence so I blame the result on that misfortune.
The third game was against VFL Bochum and it was very tight. We won 2-0 in the end but what was good was that when the CPU was attacking I really felt in control of my defenders whereas on higher levels they make mistakes and give away stupid goals.

There was many scrappy moments in the penalty area when I had to frantically try to clear the ball. Thankfully I was able to. If I was playing on a higher level no doubt the CPU would have got a goal. Really pleased with the way this game is playing at the moment because it is so balanced.

I will upload a video of the highlights of the VFL game because Polter scored a stunner once again. :WORSHIP:

Here it is...

https://youtu.be/Wg-5ttoQH50

Last edited:
Did you use the same sliders as me ? (Aaron458f mod)

I'm finding these a little bit easy now, though i only played friendly matches for the moment, i will try in career.

Last edited:
Did you use the same sliders as me ? (Aaron458f mod)

I'm finding these a little bit easy now, though i only played friendly matches for the moment, i will try in career.

Yes i do, thanks for directing me to them. I used to find prof easy until i used these sliders. Ive never lost 6-1 before on prof. As i said each goal they scored was either a mistake by me or fantastic play by them. I didnt feel cheated at all.

Maybe it is tougher in career mode.

Not enough fouls is really putting me off

one guy was playing 30 minutes games with 1 foul a match on another forum :(

Back
Top Bottom