FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Personally, i play world class matt 10 sliders full manual slow speed legacy defending and i feel the cpu is not cheating. It's really too easy on professional for me even with weaker teams.

if your playing on assisted, yeah game is easy on professional but on manual its a challenge, but if your already playing manual, yeah WC would be the way to go, legendary on the other hand is way to scripted and the CPU AI is too perfect

Last edited:
if your playing on assisted, yeah game is easy on professional but on manual its a challenge, but if your already playing manual, yeah WC would be the way to go, legendary on the other hand is way to scripted and the CPU AI is too perfect

Yeah i always play manual on fifa. Imo, legendary is scripted and cpu teams tend to play similar in this difficulty, for me wc is the right balance. In the end, it all depends on personal preference, like the sliders. But for sure wc is as good as professional imo, matt 10 sliders applied of course...

I got to agree, i think professional with Sliders & Semi/Manual controls is the least frustrating & most balanced way to play. I find on World Class/Legendary that the A.I rarely makes mistakes, the defence is 100% regimented and i'm lucky if i even get a single attempt on goal in a match let alone an attack going.

Surprisingly Professional provides a decent challenge with some slider tweaks altough on default the A.I tend to deliberately miss alot of clear chances on goal.

What slider tweaks do you use for Professional?

I have played alot of FIFA this year and just find every difficulty level poor and frustrating against the computer.

Professional:-
Incredibly easy.. Don't have to worry or even remotely have to try to win, can comfortably score at will and occasionally have beaten the computer by 7-9 goals.
But on this level you can completely dominate the game - have 70% possession and score quite easily with the computer posing absolutely no threat what so ever - conceded 2 goals in 14 games at this level.

World Class:-
Computer just plays the same over and over again - incredible one touch passing.. In triangles and fast passing with well over 90% accuracy.
I can win most games on this skill level but the game is just plays the same every game.
You have to use the possession well and I find it pretty difficult to score on this level unless playing 4-2-4 and very attacking formations.

Legendary:-
The skill level on this is very bizarre.
The computer plays incredibly hard pressing and gives you no time on the ball, but unlike World Class the computer rarely touches the ball and is average when with it.. This massively surprised me considering it is meant to be more difficult than World Class.
It is for some reason though Super Human on shooting and crosses, the computer will cross the ball in or get a free kick in the final 3rd and goal everytime.
I drew alot of games when trying this skill level and averaged around 60% possession.
Also when playing on this difficulty the game is incredibly scripted, you don't feel like your actually playing the game, it is pretty hard to explain but when you do through balls or pass - players don't intercept the ball everything is just very scripted and feels like your watching the game rather than playing it.

Last edited:
Could not agree with that more. Absolutely spot on, for me, including the World-Class-to-Legendary comparison (there are threads on the official FIFA forums with titles like "World Class & Legendary are the wrong way around - bug?").

It's all-teams-playing-the-same-way that frustrates me the most, and the one area where (IMO) PES is superior.

I want to play 8-9 minute half lengths and not have my own Premier League team (or the others) playing like a non-league team, so manual/Professional is out for me. That leaves me fiddling with World Class and Legendary with semi settings and custom sliders.

That being said, last night, as Liverpool, I played Southampton on World Class (1-1) and then Legendary (0-3), and felt like World Class with lower CPU acceleration (as recommended a few posts ago) and lower CPU pass speed (plus 53 pass error) was a good combination.

They still finish up with 90% pass accuracy at the end of a game, but I've learned to ignore those numbers because A) there's nothing you can do about it without massively wrecking another part of the game, e.g. crossing, and B) it didn't "feel" like they had that - I figure that, if Match of the Day showed the passing statistics for the HIGHLIGHTS rather than the full 90-minute match (which is what FIFA and PES are really), it might be higher than it should be.

But, in the next game, against Everton... They played the exact same way as Southampton did, with the exact same figures - and that's what stops me playing after a couple of games.

Personally I just ignore the Passing stats, who's to say they are right or wrong anyway. As I mentioned a few pages back, I've had games where the shots don't add up on FIFA and PES. Back in the PES5 days, Passing percentage didn't exist so personally I don't think too much about it. ;)

It'd be far more interesting anyway if we were shown number of passes, completion % is meaningless if it's 3 perfect passes versus 100 passes.

It'd be far more interesting anyway if we were shown number of passes, completion % is meaningless if it's 3 perfect passes versus 100 passes.
That's the thing for me against the AI on anything higher than Professional - all teams will hit 100+ passes, even if they're set to "long ball", whereas I'll hit maybe 33% of that, so possession and passing accuracy are always way down for my team, and way up for the CPU, even though I win or draw most games. I can't recall ever having more possession or a higher passing accuracy - purely because I take one pass to do what the CPU does in three passes!

The thing that sticks out most for me - primarily because the commentators mention it every bloody game - is that I've conceded the least amount of goals in the league by about 15-20 goals, and yet, I've not scored a great deal either - most games I either win 2-1 or 1-0, or draw 1-1 or 0-0. There's very little deviation - I don't smash the lowest team in the table, and I don't get smashed by the highest team in the table (in-fact, I usually find them a lot easier to play).

I think a big part of that is the defending system - against the CPU on World Class or Legendary, they just never make a mistake. They're always perfectly positioned and no matter what I do with the sliders, I can't fix that (only move them up or down, but they stay in that perfect, impenetrable line - every single team). But also, as the human player, I find I have to use Legacy Defending to be able to stop the CPU (otherwise I jog past them and give them constant one-on-ones - though the overpowered GKs usually prevents high scorelines), and with Legacy Defending it's too easy.

After a few seasons, I'm left with the realisation that there's very few goals every game, the results are usually the same, the CPU always plays the same way (triangle-passing and perfect defending no matter what), the stats at the end of the game are always the same, and that, bottom line, playing on World Class or Legendary is going to be an exercise in repetition. I'm playing the same game over and over again.

I'm sure that none of that is the case on Professional, but it's far too easy to press and dominate teams, and I can't get along with manual because it looks crazy to me to see Premier League players passing the ball out of play three times in a row (I'd much rather that they made the assisted controls into semi, and abolished the old semi).

I do still get enjoyment out of the game, because it feels great to set up goals and it feels great to score - and PES is a no-go for me because of the simplicity of the engine (I much prefer a deeper, if wonky, engine, than a basic, boring one), despite the fact that you see a variation in team styles and results without having to mess with sliders and accept a fix-this-break-that solution.

Last edited:
Seriously, the best stat was back in the old PES/ISS days where on the goal scoring chart it would tell you how many shots each player had and add it up as you went through the tournament. Super fast Owen was always top :)

That's the thing for me against the AI on anything higher than Professional - all teams will hit 100+ passes, even if they're set to "long ball", whereas I'll hit maybe 33% of that, so possession and passing accuracy are always way down for my team, and way up for the CPU, even though I win or draw most games. I can't recall ever having more possession or a higher passing accuracy - purely because I take one pass to do what the CPU does in three passes!

The thing that sticks out most for me - primarily because the commentators mention it every bloody game - is that I've conceded the least amount of goals in the league by about 15-20 goals, and yet, I've not scored a great deal either - most games I either win 2-1 or 1-0, or draw 1-1 or 0-0. There's very little deviation - I don't smash the lowest team in the table, and I don't get smashed by the highest team in the table (in-fact, I usually find them a lot easier to play).

I think a big part of that is the defending system - against the CPU on World Class or Legendary, they just never make a mistake. They're always perfectly positioned and no matter what I do with the sliders, I can't fix that (only move them up or down, but they stay in that perfect, impenetrable line - every single team). But also, as the human player, I find I have to use Legacy Defending to be able to stop the CPU (otherwise I jog past them and give them constant one-on-ones - though the overpowered GKs usually prevents high scorelines), and with Legacy Defending it's too easy.

After a few seasons, I'm left with the realisation that there's very few goals every game, the results are usually the same, the CPU always plays the same way (triangle-passing and perfect defending no matter what), the stats at the end of the game are always the same, and that, bottom line, playing on World Class or Legendary is going to be an exercise in repetition. I'm playing the same game over and over again.

I'm sure that none of that is the case on Professional, but it's far too easy to press and dominate teams, and I can't get along with manual because it looks crazy to me to see Premier League players passing the ball out of play three times in a row (I'd much rather that they made the assisted controls into semi, and abolished the old semi).

I do still get enjoyment out of the game, because it feels great to set up goals and it feels great to score - and PES is a no-go for me because of the simplicity of the engine (I much prefer a deeper, if wonky, engine, than a basic, boring one), despite the fact that you see a variation in team styles and results without having to mess with sliders and accept a fix-this-break-that solution.

Try to downgrade to an earlier version of FIFA along with gameplay patch GP_EVO_TOOL which disables scripted events, increase player individuality allowing good players to make good passes and bad players to have bad first touch. I get 5-0 6-0 against teams like Aston Villa or Norwich and get beaten by Chelsea, Man City by 2-0. You can also change configuration if you are playing in Professional to make marking tighter and opposition press much more.

^After reading that I can say I have also never experienced the points raised. Its just the same old FIFA rhetoric that PES fans mutter every year. The best one was "FIFA 16's not for me, I haven't played it its just not for me"

its a pity as if they dedicated the time to the game they would see how good it is.

come on don't you think thats the most generic response of all time? I own both games PES and FIFA in fact this is first time I have brought PES since 2010 I won division 1 on clubs with a group of mates on FIFA 15 I play both games and have complained in both sections of this forum about their flaws

I play FIFA on the highest difficulty and there are some serious scripting issues that have become so blatent and over used its makes it too noticeable thus off putting IMO of course

theres no hidden agenda here for me I just want a good football game we have been waiting long enough

come on don't you think thats the most generic response of all time? I own both games PES and FIFA in fact this is first time I have brought PES since 2010 I won division 1 on clubs with a group of mates on FIFA 15 I play both games and have complained in both sections of this forum about their flaws

I play FIFA on the highest difficulty and there are some serious scripting issues that have become so blatent and over used its makes it too noticeable thus off putting IMO of course

theres no hidden agenda here for me I just want a good football game we have been waiting long enough

Hi saintric, as I said in my earlier reply to you. It may be best to not play it then. Like yourself I have been very disappointed with footy games for ages, since PES5. I always buy them but stopped playing them after about 1 or 2 months.

Thankfully I only play on World Class so maybe I don't get scripting like you do on legendary. But personally I find this the best footy game since PES5. If I didn't I would stop playing it and play something else. ;)

I'm sorry you don't like it. Have you tried dropping to World Class and using the sliders to make it more difficult for you? I'm sure there is less scripting on World Class. :)

It's all down to personal preference I get that, but there are a lot of people on here and other forums who loved pes 5 /6 including myself, who enjoy fifa 16. I think it's better than any pes. It isn't without its faults but still a great game

Try to downgrade to an earlier version of FIFA along with gameplay patch GP_EVO_TOOL which disables scripted events, increase player individuality allowing good players to make good passes and bad players to have bad first touch. I get 5-0 6-0 against teams like Aston Villa or Norwich and get beaten by Chelsea, Man City by 2-0. You can also change configuration if you are playing in Professional to make marking tighter and opposition press much more.

I'll need to do this because FIFA continues to be a chore offline. Doesn't matter if you play Notts County, or Arsenal, they always play the same. They always hover around 60% possession, and 90% passing. I mean, I've bumped passing error up to 100 and it only lowers their average down to around 86%. The problem with this is, it's lowered because the AI will just randomly smash the ball for a throw in for no apparent reason as opposed to limiting their passing ability. That, or the CPU keeper will gift you a free goal every match by passing it right to you, but it doesn't prevent them from stringing 40 passes together with ease. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, like they're all world class. Doesn't matter which side you face.

I've been playing a lot of PES 6 as of late (due to my frustrations with FIFA 16/PES 2016), and while PES has always had scripting issues, I find the balance of the game to be much, much better than any of current titles in regards to offline. Sure, I remember complaining back in 2006 about conceding late goals, or the AI going God mode at times, but to this day I still find the flow and balance to be quite good.

Same here. There is not a lot of variation in playing styles, but i actually do see different styles. I hope fifa 17 improves on that.

I really don't get this all teams play the same ...I just don't see it

No? Every team zips the ball around as if they're world beaters. Every. Single. Team. They all do a lot of intricate, short passing with extremely high passing percentage. They all pressure like maniacs, and can tackle with the utmost proficiency. I have 300+ hours of FIFA 16, and I sure as hell see it. I've tried countless sliders, and I switch between Legendary and World Class (full manual) and the results are the same. The gap between top tier teams, and lower league fodder is virtually nonexistent. Practically every team sits on around 60% possession.

Last edited:
No? Every team zips the ball around as if they're world beaters. Every. Single. Team. They all do a lot of intricate, short passing with extremely high passing percentage. They all pressure like maniacs, and can tackle with the utmost proficiency. I have 300+ hours of FIFA 16, and I sure as hell see it. I've tried countless sliders, and I switch between Legendary and World Class (full manual) and the results are the same. The gap between top tier teams, and lower league fodder is virtually nonexistent. Practically every team sits on around 60% possession.

I play full manual, and most of the time i have more possession than cpu, even with lower teams. I think there is a bit of exaggeration here.

I play full manual, and most of the time i have more possession than cpu, even with lower teams. I think there is a bit of exaggeration here.

There's a tonew of exaggeration..in my career as sampdoria there's a gulf in class between the bottom 5 teams and the likes of inter Milan and there approach play is different..stats don't tell a true picture I've seen the AI with 90 % Pass rate but it's inflated ...the post in my opinion is nonsense

The thing i don't understand is the comparison with pes 6. I loved pes 6 and was playing it since i rediscovered it in 2013 (i was fed up from the newest fifa pes games at that time), before fifa 16. This game was great but the cpu was always playing the same, i really think there is more variety in playingstyle in fifa 16 than in pes 6. But as i said, it can be massively improved and i hope fifa 17 built on that. Player individuality is brilliant in fifa 16 imo though.

Yep I agree that teams do play differently. As I've said many times before, I just ignore the stats otherwise it would play on my mind too. I can tell the difference between top 5 team and bottom 5. Maybe I'm just easily pleased as PES5 is my favourite PES and those teams played the same.

I think this is really down to the difficulty level.

On professional I don´t see that lack of player and team individuality/all teams play the same stuff.

I believe that these things are present in the highest difficulty.

I think this is really down to the difficulty level.

On professional I don´t see that lack of player and team individuality/all teams play the same stuff.

I believe that these things are present in the highest difficulty.
100% right.

The AI on World Class and Legendary will bend any team to play in a frustratingly perfect manner, no matter how good (or poor) the other team is. It takes the representation of a sport and bends it to feel like playing chess against a supercomputer. It's not about the end result, it's about observing perfect first-time passing and tiki-taka, from Luton.

It absolutely doesn't do that on Professional - the trouble is, there's nothing I can do with the sliders on Professional to make it feel like the AI is actually "trying". Pressuring wins the ball too easily and even when you fiddle with the AI's shooting slider, sometimes, they just don't want to score.

So I feel stuck in a no-man's-land - love the gameplay, can't get on with the AI!

100% right.

The AI on World Class and Legendary will bend any team to play in a frustratingly perfect manner, no matter how good (or poor) the other team is. It takes the representation of a sport and bends it to feel like playing chess against a supercomputer. It's not about the end result, it's about observing perfect first-time passing and tiki-taka, from Luton.

It absolutely doesn't do that on Professional - the trouble is, there's nothing I can do with the sliders on Professional to make it feel like the AI is actually "trying". Pressuring wins the ball too easily and even when you fiddle with the AI's shooting slider, sometimes, they just don't want to score.

So I feel stuck in a no-man's-land - love the gameplay, can't get on with the AI!

Wrong for me, and other people (gee, hitmanuk). I see personally no difference in player individuality between professional and wc. Concerning the way of playing, i do see a bit less variation in wc, but i definitely don't see little teams playing tiki taka passing. The teams play according to their level. Matt10 sliders slow speed btw.

100% right.

have u tried matt 10's final slider settings

Wrong for me, and other people (gee, hitmanuk). I see personally no difference in player individuality between professional and wc. Concerning the way of playing, i do see a bit less variation in wc, but i definitely don't see little teams playing tiki taka passing. The teams play according to their level. Matt10 sliders slow speed btw.
Maybe I should give World Class more of a go - which I'm trying, at the moment (I usually play it on Legendary and get frustrated) - but that's just my experience!

have u tried matt 10's final slider settings
Aren't his sliders for World Class and Legendary (or have I missed a set)? Applying those to the Professional game, which I did try a while ago, made the AI play worse (which you need on those difficulties to balance out the overrides in the gameplay)!

Maybe I should give World Class more of a go - which I'm trying, at the moment (I usually play it on Legendary and get frustrated) - but that's just my experience!

Aren't his sliders for World Class and Legendary (or have I missed a set)? Applying those to the Professional game, which I did try a while ago, made the AI play worse (which you need on those difficulties to balance out the overrides in the gameplay)!

I tried a bit legendary a few weeks ago and i felt exactly what you described about wc/legendary settings. By chance, i don't get this feeling when playing wc.

I only started playing properly last few months and am now playing it solidly, I use his slider settings on professional, the latest patch may of done something to the AI cause atm in playing this game a lot, and to be honest PES this year they have to do a shitload of work on it compared to there previous part time efforts to get me back, cos after playing Fifa there like 2-3 years behind in a lot of areas.

Since I scored my best goal ever (in the video thread) I cannot win. My team is struggling. Struggling to make openings and struggling to keep clean sheets. At the buisiness end of the season and it seems like we will miss out on the play-offs. :(

Back
Top Bottom