FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

my Lazio career mode had the perfect ending I only played 6 seasons winning the league title in my 4th year and champions league in the 5th season damn that was hard to win on legendary especially the PSG game in the last 16 I was 3-1 down from the away leg at home I won 5-2 I played ultra attacking and went 2-0 down thought it was over then everything I hit went in scored some stunning goals

I was lucky to win the final once I got there beating man utd and real on the way to face bayern who hammered me but just couldnt score then up pops cavani in the 86th minute to score a diving header to win it that whole tournament was intense the CPU difficulty went up so much compared to my serie a games

then I took the italy job and simmed my club season as I just wanted to play the euros and retire to start a new career with the jan transfers I have put a lot of my lazio players in the squad many of them in their mid 30's im determined to win it and retire about to play denmark in the QF later tonight

in this career save I have been pretty lucky that the transfers have been fairly decent the only major ones I see were aguero joining real gotze and kehdira to man city cavani to me and benteke to arsenal and lukaku to inter which won them the league in season 5

Last edited:
Glad to hear others are enjoying this game too.

I don't have enough time to play it as frequently as I'd like but whenever I do, I find it incredible and by far the best footy game I've ever played!

I so wish you could play your career mode against the CPU online with a friend.

Only because, yesterday, I sat down and started a career game with someone against the CPU (using Matt10's sliders), and where on my own I'd find the CPU to keep the ball far too well, far too easily with my defenders feeling about as useful as blunt swords trying to cut through steel (deflecting off and bouncing past), it all fell into place.

Using the secondary press button when you play alone, your defender acts like a kid who's scared to get too close and make a tackle (which EA have broken on purpose as a response to people moaning about how ridiculously effective it was last year), but if your secondary defender is a HUMAN... Problem solved. You stand (half) a chance and the games seem much more balanced.

So there we go, the only two ways I play this game (but I enjoy it more than any other football game I've ever played, truly)...

A) Fully-manual online,
B) Semi-manual against the CPU, with a friend.

If I feel like playing something a bit different, I'll stick PES 2015 on and play MyClub, which I also enjoy because it feels like a more fair, more balanced version of Ultimate Team (which I have grown to hate over the past few months because of the pace of it and the total lack of all realism, even though I wish I could play it because then I could have my own little team instead of having no managerial options online).

Such a good year for football games.

Last edited:
I find it incredible and by far the best footy game I've ever played!

Yep I am with you on this as well now I've played FIFA 15 a lot - it's the best football video game ever, it's simply amazing at times.

Can't wait for FIFA 16 - all they need to do is slow it down a little and add even more stadiums etc and we are set for years.

yep its the best football game ever released but it has so much potential to improve too I hope for FIFA 16 they dont change much gameplay wise few tweaks here and there (offline play im talking about here) they just need to flesh out career mode it needs a fresh look and more options ect and fix that damn bug where you edit a player and he loses his winter gear

I so wish you could play your career mode against the CPU online with a friend.

Only because, yesterday, I sat down and started a career game with someone against the CPU (using Matt10's sliders), and where on my own I'd find the CPU to keep the ball far too well, far too easily with my defenders feeling about as useful as blunt swords trying to cut through steel (deflecting off and bouncing past), it all fell into place.

Using the secondary press button when you play alone, your defender acts like a kid who's scared to get too close and make a tackle (which EA have broken on purpose as a response to people moaning about how ridiculously effective it was last year), but if your secondary defender is a HUMAN... Problem solved. You stand (half) a chance and the games seem much more balanced.

So there we go, the only two ways I play this game (but I enjoy it more than any other football game I've ever played, truly)...

A) Fully-manual online,
B) Semi-manual against the CPU, with a friend.

If I feel like playing something a bit different, I'll stick PES 2015 on and play MyClub, which I also enjoy because it feels like a more fair, more balanced version of Ultimate Team (which I have grown to hate over the past few months because of the pace of it and the total lack of all realism, even though I wish I could play it because then I could have my own little team instead of having no managerial options online).

Such a good year for football games.

You should try playing with your friend DJ Dick. :SMUG:

Have a few career modes going in different leagues/levels (PL, League One, French Ligue One), and finding that cycling between them has kept the game really fresh for me. Not as much variability or randomness still as I'd like, but haven't found myself as frustrated this year as I have been in years past. Using V7 or so of Matt10's sliders and having fun nearly every time I play.

Chill. He's not referring to you at all.

I thought he was. Chris Davies was calling me a DJ in the chat box yesterday.

Very strange as I've never been a DJ in my life! Played a bit of guitar though! I love rock bands like Led Zep, Rush and Motorhead. Not shitty dance music :))

Last edited:

Superleeds has asked in other threads to stop spoiling threads with mindless stuff like this.

I am not a DJ, never have been or intend on being one. I don't understand these attacks from the small group that seem to have it in for me.

Where have I broken any forum rules? I don't understand why you keep accusing me of being other people or give me such a hard time? Is it really because of my criticism of PES 2015? Or because I said I didn't like Battlefield Hardline?

I just don't get it?

Anyway, back to FIFA - a friend told me that squad update is live now, can't wait to start a Career Mode. Will probably be with either Sunderland or Swansea, haven't made my mind up yet.

Going out for the night now but really want to play some FIFA. Not feeling too good after the Arsenal result :(

Superleeds has asked in other threads to stop spoiling threads with mindless stuff like this.

I am not a DJ, never have been or intend on being one. I don't understand these attacks from the small group that seem to have it in for me.

Where have I broken any forum rules? I don't understand why you keep accusing me of being other people or give me such a hard time? Is it really because of my criticism of PES 2015? Or because I said I didn't like Battlefield Hardline?

I just don't get it?

In all fairness, PES 2015 and BF Hardline are both crap and you are entitled to that opinion. I share it with you. You go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it though. Give it a rest. You've made your points. Why do you feel the need to constantly repeat everything? I imagine that's why people keep having digs at you. Some are way over the top and they should look at themselves but there are times you just don't help yourself.

Gotta say that I am enjoying online gaming more than ever in a footy game.

Wanted to play offline only, cause I didn´t wanna be frustrated no more with FUT or MLO on PES.

But gave it a go and played online seasons with 4 star teams, picked Aston Villa (which was fun already) and now switched to 3 star teams using Fortuna Düsseldorf (2nd division Bundesliga), which is even better.

The great thing is, you ALWAYS find someone on your rank and team level and with 3 star teams you have a lot more width on different teams than with 5 stars where you play against barca and real only.

The unpredictability is awesome and I still get surprised about the variety of goals after more than 4 months!

I mostly, almost only met fair players, so no need to play against people you know or get in touch with forum users.
Out of 50 games I had about 2 quitters out of frustration, but it never ever happened that they quit and the match just stopped without any winner, but a valid loss for the quitter.
This was a pain in the ass for me on PES.

Also mostly had very stable connections, a few ones were laggy, but almost not worth mentioning.

Above I said that there is a variety of teams which is actually true, but as I keep coming on higher leagues I met users picking Legia Warschau quite often.
I haven´t checked on that team but this might be the 3 star barca crap...lol.

Quite hard for me to win against people picking that team.

And mostly people with that team just run through my defense, which is really hard to defend so I really agree on that one:

Chris Davies said:
Using the secondary press button when you play alone, your defender acts like a kid who's scared to get too close and make a tackle (which EA have broken on purpose as a response to people moaning about how ridiculously effective it was last year)

Skipped FIFA 14 so I can´t say how it has been, but I read that quite often and I really hope they are gonna sort this out in the future.
That´s the only gripe I have with this game right now.

Other than that I´m glad to be able to enjoy this one playing online.

Don´t wanna praise EA too high but except for a few things they really done a good job and that game offers modes for almost anybody.

FUT junkies for kick n rush, Real/Barca addictive players, people who wanna play real football with lower ranked teams never have a problem meeting similar opponents and of course the offline modes such as CM which is really good.

For the first time I´m very curious for the next FIFA release.

That's the beauty of FIFA - using the lower league sides. Having a lovely time playing Career Mode.

It really does throw up so many different results and the attention to detail is superb.

Really lovely game - so hyped for FIFA 16 now.

has there been any further patches since November? i sold it as it was just too easy to dribble through the ai (kick off bug is a prime example)

has there been any further patches since November? i sold it as it was just too easy to dribble through the ai (kick off bug is a prime example)

I am not sure.

I play on SLOW, World Class difficulty and its really good fun.

Don't play much online, I am addicted to Career Mode.

found a fix on the ps4 for the over the top transfers in career modes 1st season window, just go to the customise menu and club transfers and transfers a player from his club to another and back again and the club will no longer sell him in the window to you or other AI teams

only downside is if you take control of a team with a player you did this too you wont be able to sell him

Started a career mode on PS4 with Leeds Utd. all fine and dandy until i played a Capitol one cup match v Coventry. 1st half i got a bad injury to a defender so had enforced substitution. Early in the 2nd half,same again, so 2 subs made, i then made a tactical sub, so all subs used. 10 mins to go, a heavy challenge on steve morrison resulting in an ambulance symbol, game stops to make a sub. But no subs left! i got a message saying that game cannot continue until a substitution is made, i t would not allow me to carry on with 10 men!!! WTF!!! I had to exit the game, restart the whole thing.needless to say, when i played the game again, i lost!!!! is this a known bug?

Last edited:
Started a career mode on PS4 with Leeds Utd. all fine and dandy until i played a Capitol one cup match v Coventry. 1st half i got a bad injury to a defender so had enforced substitution. Early in the 2nd half,same again, so 2 subs made, i then made a tactical sub, so all subs used. 10 mins to go, a heavy challenge on steve morrison resulting in an ambulance symbol, game stops to make a sub. But no subs left! i got a message saying that game cannot continue until a substitution is made, i t would not allow me to carry on with 10 men!!! WTF!!! I had to exit the game, restart the whole thing.needless to say, when i played the game again, i lost!!!! is this a known bug?

Oh no, that's quite some bug! Nope, never happened to me.

I have Leeds away in the Capitol One Cup actually, in a few matches time - can't wait!

I love that we get injuries in this and players talking to us. I've got to make a decision on my key defender, he wants out but he's vital to me.

Man, I love all the different stuff that goes on. It's such an in-depth mode compared to the other game - I just hope they build on it even more because I know many, many people who play Career Mode only.

I don't bother with online now because this is so good.

Does everyone else disable the first summer transfer window? I think it's realistic not having it open.

Old bug reported a lot of times, including to EA but of course they don't give a shit about any bugs that aren't FUT related.

Am surprised to read the positive posts on here with regards to Career Mode. I find playing the CPU infuriating, and so unbalanced. There's so clearly stats adjustments or something similar that just prevent an 'even' competition.

There are countless examples, but some of my favourites are:
- When you successfully tackle the CPU, but the animation results in them blocking you from getting to the ball (often when they're on the ground)
- If you don't change sliders, pass accuracy is > 90% for almost any team at any level
- You could play 100 matches, and a cleared corner would never end up with one of your players in midfield. It will land at the feet of a CPU attacker.
- CPU players can run perpendicular to goal at faster than your defender can.
- There is a CPU only defending move where they just go through you to nick the ball. I actually like it, and it resembles real life, but I've played 2 seasons and have never done it. In fact, CPU players often have almost a bubble around them
- CPU players turn with the ball faster than without. And this is the only way they tend to score

Dunno, I think it's brilliant in exhibition mode, brilliant to play against friends but the CM is once again 'cheaty' or 'scripted' or 'made challenging by reducing your teammates to have the reaction time of a drunken sloth'.

I'm not sure if football is just too hard to write AI that is both challenging and fair, but no one has done it yet.

Yeah, playing against the CPU (without sliders) is maddening. Teammate defensive AI and general awareness is crap - I can't recall ever playing a football game in which I felt my teammates were so often more a hindrance than a help than in FIFA 15 - while the CPU is not limited by the shitty defensive mechanics we must use.

I'd be okay if sliders actually influenced the root causes of the problems but they don't. Hopefully EA really upgrade the defending and AI next year - this game is so close to being exceptional but it's fatally flawed in a few critical areas.

Back
Top Bottom