FIFA 14 OT, Next Gen, PC Love, Fanboys, Star Wars, Hand Sanitizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 14

If fifa did this, it would lose a lot of sales, as majority of the sales are from people who play full assisted and aren't willing to learn a game from basis, it's sad but it's the age we live in.
I think they can introduce it as an increased difficulty. Div 6-10 can choose any controls. Div 4-5 can choose semi or manual. Div 1-3 can only play with manual.

I wouldn't want that. Manual is fun and challenging, but it's not realistic. It slows the game down and increases inaccuracy, but the way it does it and the side effects that result take away from the realism too much for me.

I wouldn't want that. Manual is fun and challenging, but it's not realistic. It slows the game down and increases inaccuracy, but the way it does it and the side effects that result take away from the realism too much for me.
It does need fixing but blind passes are not the solution.

well

small details from pictures.

- Beckham tattoo
- different style for bodies?
- more people around the pitch (i think)
- New Ramos hair style
- Arbeloa Face?
- Camp Nouy is back

video ball phisics
http://info.ea.com/artwork/2013/04/...ce639bc9ed9/fifa14_real_ball_physics-h264.mov

video ball pure shoot
http://info.ea.com/artwork/2013/04/na-1-20130417032218/1a196ce639bc9ed9/fifa14_pure_shot-h264.mov

another pics

fifa14_ng_messi_pure_shot_stutterstep_animation.jpg

Last edited:

‏@EvoWeb_Mod 25m
@Dave797 @Adam_Bhatti Still no talk of fixing player inertia. Hate the ice-skating. No matter what is added to Fifa, that puts me off.

Dave Bryant ‏@Dave797 24m
@EvoWeb_Mod you don't have all the info yet, work has been done. 1pm @fifainsider

Looks like more news soon?

Real ball physics? Is that the same real ball figures they mention EVERY year?! Still love the game on Manual though. It's hard to stay in a division but would rather that than play pingpong.

Why do they keep adding new shit when old old shit is still broke? My days with football games are over unless they add zombie mode.

those pics look same like fifa 13 to me.

and manual pass suck on keyboard, semi assited rules!

Why nothing on player inertia yet?

From press release:

"Sprint Dribble Turns enable players to turn in every direction at sprint speed while preserving momentum, delivering the control and confidence to take on defenders one-on-one. "

For the first time in Fifa's history there is a mention of "momentum":APPLAUD:

But I think they got it wrong :P

Sounds and looks great so far. Looking forward to more info. Hope the running animations have been improved:))

Well I'm glad they're working on the defensive AI, in terms of improvements to marking and team pressing. Hopefully that will work well, because it's something sorely lacking.

I do want them to focus on ball physics, but in the sense of freeing the ball and letting it be its own unpredictable entity. From what I've read in these links, about the specific different trajectories and adding curl to lofted through balls, I'm now worried that they're going the opposite way and just f*@#ing around with the ball even more than they already do. Will have to wait and see, I suppose.

No mention yet of any work on the tactical side of things.

Last edited:

sooner or later fifa and pes will wake up and cut and paste nba2k control and animation scheme. right stick for body movements, L2+ right stick for different kind of manual shots (different part of the foot), proper on the fly subs, contextual animations for different player atributes depending on position, inertia etc etc.

I don't think that would be something that is too hard to code/program either. Forcing a player to reposition himself to use his primary foot more often or position himself to trap/pass/shoot with that foot. There are a lot of players that aren't two footed, or have a terribly weak 'weak foot'.

About to watch the vids and see whats up

I don't think that would be something that is too hard to code/program either. Forcing a player to reposition himself to use his primary foot more often or position himself to trap/pass/shoot with that foot. There are a lot of players that aren't two footed, or have a terribly weak 'weak foot'.

About to watch the vids and see whats up

Yeah, but at least in 13 any sort of weak foot shot/cross certainly weaker than using a players strong foot. So i they keep that and accurately rate player's weak foots I don't see a serious problem. For example, play with Ozil in 13 and you notice he is more prone to strike a ball with his left. Part of that I believe is due to his weak foot rating being 2 instead of the more common 3 stars.

The issue goes beyond mere shooting, it includes all the aspects of football.Players carrying the ball, dribbling with their weaker foot.Players doing silly tricks and skills with their weaker foot.It's not a gamebreaker per se but tbh for those like me who want their game to be and look as realistic as possible, it is horrible to look at sometimes

The issue goes beyond mere shooting, it includes all the aspects of football.Players carrying the ball, dribbling with their weaker foot.Players doing silly tricks and skills with their weaker foot.It's not a gamebreaker per se but tbh for those like me who want their game to be and look as realistic as possible, it is horrible to look at sometimes

The bigger game breaker in FIFA is the crappy AI defending, the end to end action and the lack of ability to take good first time shots.All things addressed supposedly, so that builds a solid foundation if done right to adding the little details in FIFA WC 14/15. PES is supposed to be the game with nice little touches but the overall package is crap for me. I'd rather EA concentrate on the bigger general gameplay issues.

And it does seem like they added momentum for turning at sprint speeds. It's a start at least.

I have enough experience now that I know FIFA 14 won't be the most realistic game ever, but I like the general direction they are taking it. Seems like the new Producer is very straight forward too with his comments I like that he's not trying to over-hype things.

I will say though it doesn't feel like 14 is a massive improvement. Depends to what depths EA take these new features, because at face value the announcements do feel like they should slow the game down while making it more responsive and add a new degree of difficulty for the attacking team.

Last edited:

Keep in mind we know nothing of the next-gen version yet. There must be a big possibility a next-gen version is released this year with the consoles no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom