FIFA 14 OT, Next Gen, PC Love, Fanboys, Star Wars, Hand Sanitizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 14

As of right now, who thinks he'll pay for the new console(s) and the new FIFA 14 ? I'm on the fence right now, it really is a battle between my hatred for a being a sheep consumer and getting the best possible footballing videogame fix....

As of right now, who thinks he'll pay for the new console(s) and the new FIFA 14 ? I'm on the fence right now, it really is a battle between my hatred for a being a sheep consumer and getting the best possible footballing videogame fix....
Fully depends on how good it turns out to be. I'll wait and see how it is received and hopefully try someone else's first.

I wouldn't rule it out if the outcome is that it ends up blowing people away. I bought a PSone purely to play ISS 2 Pro Evolution, although that wasn't quite so expensive.

Right now there's nothing else tempting me to buy a new console. My 360 hasn't been switched on for months.

I don't think you're wrong but it does seem like EA are putting a lot more work into this transition than last. I think EA Sports and the FIFA dev group have come a long way from where they were back then.

FIFA 07 on this gen wasn't as good as it was on the old gen, I think you're right about that, but it sounds like EA are trying hard to do it different this time.

Maybe I'm falling for the hype, maybe I'm caught up with the promises of realistic player movement physics, I don't know. Alls I know is that right now I'm more excited for FIFA than I have been since around FIFA 09.

Maybe FIFA 14 current gen will be the better version but I at least feel rather encouraged by the direction EA have taken for the future, by making AI and player movement physics the first core gameplay upgrades.

I think there's only so much you can read in to how things were done 7 or 8 years ago. I agree the first will probably be the least polished, but I'd expect things to be a lot less drastic than last time around - I wouldn't expect any 2/10 scores.

Agree with both of you that it will be a far smoother transition. I think they'll have been thinking about how to do the transition from day one, and will have worked to ensure that a lot of the non-pitch based stuff will transfer right across.

Teetering at the moment really. There aren't any so-far announced launch titles which will get me on board day one, yet. Cost is also relevant. In all honesty, the next-gen FIFA is probably the biggest draw at the moment.

I feel sufficiently invested in the franchise that I want to be there day one.

Maybe EatonTJ is correct and the decision to not release the Ignite Engine on PC comes down to the hardware requirements. Obviously I don't know for sure, maybe, but I doubt it. I'm not so sure the Ignite Engine is going to be so far advanced that the minimum requirements would price out that many PC gamers.

If I had to guess, EA probably made a decision simply to devote all their resources to nailing the console version first before worrying about the PC, basically the same that Blizzard has done with Diablo 3 but in reverse.

Blizzard chose to devote all its resources on putting out the best game for its core fanbase and market, thinking that once it was released they'd then worry about releasing a console version, which is coming out for the PS3 this year. It was a sound and rather obvious strategy; no conspiracy theories.

When EA created a dedicated group about 2 years ago to making an engine for its next gen sports games - remember, the Ignite Engine will be powering several games and none of the others have a PC version at all - they probably made the strategic decision to focus all their efforts on their core market, the consoles.

Just like Blizzard with Diabolo 3, rather than sacrificing resources to create a version for a different platform, they thought lets focus all we've got on our core fanbase, let's nail the next gen transition, then worry about other versions later. My guess is it was probably as simple as that.

The new engine wont be demanding at all. sports games in general are not that demanding compared to a FPS shooter.
it wont be as demanding as BF3 imo and that game sold really well despite high specs.

The new engine wont be demanding at all. sports games in general are not that demanding compared to a FPS shooter.
it wont be as demanding as BF3 imo and that game sold really well despite high specs.

How can you possibly know how demanding the new engine will be? You'd hope that they'll be looking to use a lot of what the XBOX One has to offer. We really ought to be looking at a game which can do far more than what most people's computers can do.

Either way, I don't think you can compare BF3 sales with the sales of sports games. The PC is pretty much undeniably the best place to play a shooter, especially with BF3 where the console versions are severely gimped (smaller player counts, maps, worse graphics).

The reasons that BF3 sold well on PC are simply not going to apply to a next gen FIFA in a way which justifies the costs.

I really don't see why a big argument blows up around this issue. I can see why some PC gamers are disappointed, but I can't see how anyone could really debate the decision EA have made.

I thinks its more likely MS and Sony paid EA to release next-gen fifa 14 on their consoles only. It's good to have a one less rival platform on one of most popular title, which makes stronger console selling point.
If not enough sales would be that bad as some of you say, they wouldn't even bother to release ps3/xbox360 port to pc.
Anyways we can only assume here, i don't see point to buy console for one game i might be intrested in, especially if its from EA scumbags.

Would need to become a 'PES 08' vs FIFA 08'' situation for me rush out and get a new console, I think PES will be good, it depends just how much FIFA 14 wows everyone.

I'd personally hold out a year and go for the launch of FIFA/PES15.

For me the question isn't whether to buy a next gen console, it's which console to buy.

But I like games beyond FIFA, so it's not just about FIFA for me, though I am like nerf in that my 360 hasn't been turned on in months.

Then again, I do also feel like Rod that I'm so invested in the franchise now that I fully to expect to buy FIFA 14 next gen upon release, if not on preorder.

Last edited:

I thinks its more likely MS and Sony paid EA to release next-gen fifa 14 on their consoles only. It's good to have a one less rival platform on one of most popular title, which makes stronger console selling point.
If not enough sales would be that bad as some of you say, they wouldn't even bother to release ps3/xbox360 port to pc.
Anyways we can only assume here, i don't see point to buy console for one game i might be intrested in, especially if its from EA scumbags.

Sure, MS/Sony paid for exclusivity when PC sales account for less that 5 percent total sales of FIFA. Yeah, that makes sense.

Next we'll have Wii U owners saying the same thing. Will this never end?

Has there been anymore word on the Blue Square Premier being on?

bla bla bla PC bla PC bla bla PC!

I think it's time you married your PC... or at least rent a room with it.

I_love_my_new_MacBook__by_VernonX9000.jpg

Reading your posts is like reading the XBOX ONE reveal about television...

We get the picture now, your PC rules and Next Gen Consoles don't even come close. *yawn*

I'm sorry but someone had to say something...

Alrighty then

FIFA 14 anyone?

That works fantastically well if you only care about Fifa 14. Which I don't. Spending even half that money on my PC would massively improve all my other games, as well as better prepare it for games coming out such as Rome 2 and Elite Dangerous. Spending all that money on a console would upgrade one game, and one game only.

No, I'll tell you the true reality for PC users as far as consolites are concerned:

'We have the game, so we're alright Jack; everyone else can go sod themselves'.

After all, whenever a PC gamer opens a thread about why this or that game isn't out on PC, it isn't treated with any respect at all - or even anything approaching it. The only answer it'll get is 'get a console' - even several years back when 'getting a console' would represent a significant downgrade - which of course will be the situation again in a couple of years or so. Either that, or every PC gamer under the sun is tarred by the piracy brush - which clearly has absolutely nothing to do with whether a game comes out on PC or not because if it did, there would be no games on PC, much less AAA games.
That flowchart wasn't intended to argue one way or the other on whether PC gaming is the way to go or include interest in any other game, it's simply the way things are going to be for PC users wanting to play FIFA 14.

I'm not suggesting you buy a console, it's just a simple fact that if you are going to play a version of FIFA 14 with the new Ignite engine, you're going to need one.

It is true that many console users are dismissive of PC gaming without really knowing what they're talking about, but really that doesn't matter. They have different preferences and/or are misinformed so their thoughts need not bother you.

If someone has their mind set on purchasing a console, they already know where they stand regarding FIFA and won't give a shit about the PC version in the same way I really couldn't care less about what games are released or not for the Wii U as I don't own one and never intend to.
That's probably why some people are getting annoyed at the amount of PC talk in here, although there isn't much else to discuss with the limited info/footage we have so I don't see the problem.

We know you play games on PC, we know you're disappointed about the lack of FIFA 14 Ignite on PC... So what's the best course of action? The PC FIFA community needs to speak up collectively and constructively (i.e. not "fuck you EA") via a petition or something.
These sorts of things are rarely successful, especially with big corporations, but if the numbers of people wanting to buy FIFA PC were so large, prove it and EA will have to listen.

Simply feeling a sense of entitlement (wrongly) and saying how hard-done-to you are won't accomplish anything, and neither will criticising consoles in almost every post.

Last edited by a moderator:

How has this thread not been split yet?! Especially as this discussion has been done to death so many times already.

Also thanks to Rob for giving me a big laugh with the graph. It really helped me understand the problem as without I was really struggling to comprehend the issue. ;)

Would need to become a 'PES 08' vs FIFA 08'' situation for me rush out and get a new console, I think PES will be good, it depends just how much FIFA 14 wows everyone.

I'd personally hold out a year and go for the launch of FIFA/PES15.

A lot will depend on good the next PES can be as it could make me not buy the next console(FIFA). I know it may sound a bit dumb to just wanna buy a console to play one game (footie game) but it's the way it could possibly be for me.I have a decent computer so PC gaming will not die to me.
Hopefully Konami can sort this dilemma for me and produced a cracking game.
For me the question isn't whether to buy a next gen console, it's which console to buy.

But I like games beyond FIFA, so it's not just about FIFA for me, though I am like nerf in that my 360 hasn't been turned on in months.

Then again, I do also feel like Rod that I'm so invested in the franchise now that I fully to expect to buy FIFA 14 next gen upon release, if not on preorder.

One thing is sure, I will not panic buy, in fact I'll take several months to make a decision.The new consoles won't be cheap and I have other priorities in life

We get the picture now, your PC rules and Next Gen Consoles don't even come close. *yawn*

Alrighty then

FIFA 14 anyone?

good post :))

Typical. Nothing sensible to say, so hey, let's insult people! Sorry buddy, but that sort of thing doesn't float my boat, but please don't let me stop you. :BYE:

And it's not a pc, it's a Mac.....loser!

;)

This thread reminds me of the good ol days discussing the to be released pes'. Is Badgerman still alive btw? I'm pretty sure his continued believe that PES360 didnt count....when it did...must have created some kind of pes-time vortex in his head. You can die from that!

Typical. Nothing sensible to say, so hey, let's insult people! Sorry buddy, but that sort of thing doesn't float my boat, but please don't let me stop you. :BYE:

I wouldn't call it typical sir. I've been a member on these forums for eleven years now and this was the first time I "insulted" someone.

Maybe that says more about your posts than it does about mine.

I felt like you just needed to snap out of it. Nothing personal. ;)

Let's be honest, you don't do yourself any favours.

Nearly every fucking post is either about how good your PC is, how inferior/expensive consoles are or how stupid EA are.

For next-gen I'm actually leaning more towards a PC than either of the consoles so I'm not saying this out of "allegiance" to consoles, but your constant pro-PC posting style is most likely going to get you banned if you keep it up...

Not really Your place to threaten anyone with banning is it ?
Everyone posting in the thread is entitled to their opinion.
Everyone just remember to keep level headed and not dish out personal insults and other such crap.
Obviously I wasn't threatening... Just saying it's a possibility based on what's happened to people previously on here for the same type of thing (relentless fanboyism).

Kind of like how I can tell someone it's likely that they will end up in prison if they continually mug people. That isn't a threat, I don't have to work in law enforcement to say something like that, hope that clears things up for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes seems an overreaction to accuse someone of "threatening" when he's merely pointing out to someone who has blatantly been trolling what the downfall of such a posting "style" can be....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom