FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 14 - General Discussion

Stadiums been announced on NG yet?

Think its the same as current gen, isn't it?. Was also wandering about living worlds on NG. Will we see fancy camera angels panning on the outside of the stadium for generic stadiums, or is this only applicable to real life stadiums?

The stadiums will be probably the same as we have on CG.

Regarding graphics, well, won't impress those who played FIFA on PC as we always had crisp graphics here with all GPU settings possible ;).

Though the biggest improvement is animations. You can be amazed how much animations this new engine allows to use now. O_O

It's incredible, but I still feel like they should re-do player models from scratch even if it involves doing motion capture again. Like now it doesn't look like completely new engine and more like, bump up of current gen.

for me it felt more like in demo, players were heavier and much less sliding/gliding feeling on pitch.

You have to play to believe it tho as no video does justice.

for me it felt more like in demo, players were heavier and much less sliding/gliding feeling on pitch.

You have to play to believe it tho as no video does justice.

Thanks for the answer, i didn't realize your comment about the game.I hope Ignite will solve these problems properly..

ARE WE PLAYING AGAINST CPU ONLINE?

Funny my 5th season in Seasons in the division 6, every time i get the 14,13,15 points and always have 3 matches at least in the end BUT I CANT GET THE DAMN NEEDED POINTS(promotion 16 points). The matches that were so simple to win now are MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, opposition's "GK even does a backflip" to defend my 3rd shots in front of the goal line and if there is no GK my player just run with the ball out of the pitch from 2 meters from the goal. Every user's opposition suddenly became massive and superstrong and they tactic to defend is impossible to beat and ofcourse they have luck every game. My players tho became slow, clumsy, not positioning well, although they did very great job in the first 7 matches, now they brainded. The best i can do is hit the crossbar.
5th time in a row...why? Funny thing is that the first 7 matches going well every time and my promotion from the 7th division was with 26 points.

WHAT

THE

FUCK

???

Am i playing against cpu in the last matches of a division, some mighty power doesnt want me in division 5. Maybe because my win ratio is too low? Must be better otherwise the cpu will doom my players every time?
NO FUCKING PLACEBO. And im not that nervous in the last matches ... -.-"
Please investigate this, call Scully & Mulder.

ARE WE PLAYING AGAINST CPU ONLINE?

Funny my 5th season in Seasons in the division 6, every time i get the 14,13,15 points and always have 3 matches at least in the end BUT I CANT GET THE DAMN NEEDED POINTS(promotion 16 points). The matches that were so simple to win now are MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, opposition's "GK even does a backflip" to defend my 3rd shots in front of the goal line and if there is no GK my player just run with the ball out of the pitch from 2 meters from the goal. Every user's opposition suddenly became massive and superstrong and they tactic to defend is impossible to beat and ofcourse they have luck every game. My players tho became slow, clumsy, not positioning well, although they did very great job in the first 7 matches, now they brainded. The best i can do is hit the crossbar.
5th time in a row...why? Funny thing is that the first 7 matches going well every time and my promotion from the 7th division was with 26 points.

WHAT

THE

FUCK

???

Am i playing against cpu in the last matches of a division, some mighty power doesnt want me in division 5. Maybe because my win ratio is too low? Must be better otherwise the cpu will doom my players every time?
NO FUCKING PLACEBO. And im not that nervous in the last matches ... -.-"
Please investigate this, call Scully & Mulder.
The exact same is happeneing to me. I'm stuck in Division 6. Sometimes I can promote to Div. 5, but soon I get relegated again.

BTW, you're right, lots of strange things happen in those 3 final games...

I'm having trouble with player switching, I haven't heard many people talk about it much, but it is the one thing that is driving me crazy and ruining it for me.

When I try to change it switches to players further away, takes time to change etc

Especially frustrating when I am defending as it becomes a series of frantic button smashing to try and get the desired player to be highlighted and intercept and it can lead to gaping holes in my defence.

Really? What terrible, amateur game design then.

It's not linked in that way - it's more that one impacts the other. If it takes you longer to cover the same ground while sprinting, the stamina bar will need to be depleted more with each 30 yard burst than previously. Consequently your players will knacker out sooner, and the stamina bars for each will be a lot lower come the 90th minute.

I don't understand?
Obviously I just thought that stamina was broken on FIFA14 because I rarely have to rotate squad and players NEVER get injured (even when it is set to 99 frequency???). Anyway for the record I use Placebo's sliders and since the update (which made everything easier) I have switched up to legendary.

Any suggestions with sliders for increasing depletion of stamina / more injuries???

My bad, completely misread what Placebo was quoting. Reducing acceleration should increase stamina consumption, if anything. Wonder if it treats running below top speed as less knackering, therefore more time is spent not running at top speed and so less stamina's consumed. Certainly the animation in old FIFAs made the acceleration phase look like a leisurely stroll rather than a frantic effort to get to top speed.

I don't even have FIFA 14, dunno why I'm commenting!

I don't understand?
Obviously I just thought that stamina was broken on FIFA14 because I rarely have to rotate squad and players NEVER get injured (even when it is set to 99 frequency???). Anyway for the record I use Placebo's sliders and since the update (which made everything easier) I have switched up to legendary.

Any suggestions with sliders for increasing depletion of stamina / more injuries???

The stamina of my players goes down quite realistically in my CM. I have speed and acceleration set to 49. I get average amount of injuries on 90 setting. ;)

I can play every match without needing to make a substitution.

You must be walking then as I have to sub ~65-70min mark, else I will get stupid injury haha.

Or maybe it's down to editing gameplay.

Anyway I remember someone saying something about morale effecting performances.

Indeed what I just played was most amazing spectacle I saw of how morale affect team performance/player performance factor.

I am playing Custom Cup, was playing Everton (me) vs Genoa (AI). They scored first with nice cross and header bouncing off my defender and over Howard head back into net. 0-1.

Then I pressured their keeper (remember Eto'o goal for Chelski?) he kicked the ball straight at me, I get ball score. 1-1.

Then in 44 min I repay the cross with Mirallas -> Lukaku 2-1. HT.

I thought well, it will go easy from now on, but I also did remember AI always kicks in 2nd half. Just as predicted, they grab equalizer in 51 min.

However, after that... I scored fast 2 goals. The morale for AI must have fallen flat after that as suddenly the keeper I had trouble beating, was shaky in goal, their defence couldn't tackle and string passes anymore. Demoralizing performance for them!

I won 7-2 in the end with Aruna Kone stealing the show at the end (running rings around tired defence :D).

Well, next game for Everton won't be as easy as have to face either Milan or Monaco now...

Och and this work both ways. If AI scores fast vs you and you don't reply and they score once more, you may now be in deep shit...

for depletion of stamina, increase acceleration (i mean: don't decrease it too much below default). there's no other way.

injury frequency i use 75user/89cpu. cpu definitely gets less injuries than humans with both sliders equal, for some odd reason. with these numbers i get something between 0.4 and 0.5 injuries per game for each side.

Last edited:

I have to make subs because my players stamina goes into orange and I want to preserve their energy for the next game. Maybe because I'm Leyton Orient, and the Lucozade isn't the same here :P.

am i the only one scoring from corners like crazy after the last patch in a way that i wasn't in patch 1.02? this is annoying me to no end and my single biggest gripe with the game right now. please tell me it's me, i'm praying it's just me having "luck". scoring headers feels so unrewarding right now because it's so frequent.

this is specifically on corners, btw.

Last edited:

I guess it kinda depends on one's definition of "needing" to make a substitution. I substitute regularly, though whether I "need" to or not, I'm not so sure. I don't think "impact subs" make the impact they should though.

I think the bigger problem with stamina right now is not the cumulative model but that short-term stamina depletion (i.e. after sprinting) recovers way too quickly, especially when defending. Or, I guess overall you could say that both the recovery from sprinting and the cumulative effect of sprinting isn't what they ought to be.

Also, something I just had been thinking about today, does anyone else think it odd, not to mention redundant, that we have a work rate attribute? Shouldn't work rate be determined by a combination of stamina and aggression when defending, and stamina and attack position (or whatever that mental stat is) when in attack? Isn't it realistic that work rates are in fact a combination of physical ability, and mental discipline and determination?

Personally I'm not a fan of the high/med/low system, or for that matter the five-star systems for weak foot and skill moves. It's an oversimplification IMO.

Last edited:

YouTube - FIFA 14 (PC) - Man Utd vs Arsenal - full game - HD

Here is vid I took while testing gameplay out.

Must say, AI can be impressive at times and shambolic at others.

This was one of those games I enjoyed...

Man Utd v Arsenal with only 2 fouls :FAIL:

Try to be your voice be heard. If you use twitter, tweet to Rutter directly ;)

https://twitter.com/ruttski

Believe me, he will gladly respond to any question and maybe in next FIFA they will implement changes.

It's good to hear Rutter will respond on twitter :)) …unfortunately i don't use twitter :((

But if you would please be so kind to tweet him ……WE NEED MORE FOULS!!!

YouTube - the great ruud van nistlerooy incident...united vs arsenal 2003_04.flv

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom