Fifa 14 Career Mode discussions

Are you in a current transfer window? Have you disabled transfers for the first window?

Heh yes thanks, I've disabled the first transfer window and also I'm outside the transfer window. Heh I guess that's the problem :P

If the transfer window was not disabled could I still make loan deals outside the window period?

One of our strikers, Stockley, has returned to his mother club after his loan expired. We still have Lisbie injured. We normally play with 3 up front. Change of tactics needed.

Unfortunately not, nor sign players on free transfers/pre-contracts (yet more poor game design from EA).

That's a shame. It's good to know these things.

Just played a great game against Wolves who are top of the table. They were all over me in the first half and scored through O'Hara. In the second i had to put Cox up front because of a lack of fit strikers. Mooney got a really scrappy equaliser. A shot from Cox was saved by the goalkeeper then from the rebound Mooney had a shot which hit a defender, the defender cleared it against Mooney and it looped over the goalkeeper and in. If i'm honest i was pressing every button possible.

What was good is you could feel the momentum change because we were at home. We had a couple of chances but couldnt finish then they got back into it again and we were holding for a draw. Then Cox had a chance in injury time but keeper saved. 1-1. Not a bad score. Unbeaten in 2.

Now Lisbie is coming back from injury :)). I put him on the bench and he tells me he should be in the first 11 :NO: . I will not bow down to pressure.

Little odditiy - played a CL career as United manager when the game came out, had lots of transfer activity - requests for players in particular - before the season kicked off.

Just started a new season and no one has asked about a single player, not even those transfer listed. Makes the whole 'transfer saga' rather dull. Also means i can't raise any damn money. Curse you Glazers!!!

Can anyone confirm whether they have any players whose reaction attribute has grown?

I've heard that the reaction attribute, and it alone, might be bugged, and people are reporting that it's not growing at all. I'm not 100% sure but I think that's the case with all my players too.

Can anyone confirm whether they have any players whose reaction attribute has grown?

I've heard that the reaction attribute, and it alone, might be bugged, and people are reporting that it's not growing at all. I'm not 100% sure but I think that's the case with all my players too.

Can pretty much confirm this - have players where virtually every attribute is up a couple points except reactions.

There went developping any youth strikers!

Little odditiy - played a CL career as United manager when the game came out, had lots of transfer activity - requests for players in particular - before the season kicked off.

Just started a new season and no one has asked about a single player, not even those transfer listed. Makes the whole 'transfer saga' rather dull. Also means i can't raise any damn money. Curse you Glazers!!!

Maybe you disabled the first transfer window?

Anyone played some seasons as a pro ? I always loved this mode in PES, the friendlies i played in FIFA 14 are really great with the right slider settings ! In PES it often felt like you are the guy to go, without you your team does nothing, but now it feels like you are just one player of the team, i was often the weakest part of the team ;)

So do the good teams buy good players ? And what about the tactics, do the AI manager change them, like going for full attack when behind ?

Jordan Rhodes and Luis Alberto have finally found their shooting boots for Wigan.
We are unbeaten in last 10 games and have surged into 3rd.
We have 3 games left and need Reading in 2nd to lose at least 2 of their final 3 to get automatic promotion.
To be honest we have drawn too many and not scored enough.
Tried to sign Jelevic from Everton but he said he felt we wasn’t a big enough club.
Managed to bring in Bertrand form Chelsea on loan on final day of Window.

Pre-contracts really need a patch; half-way in my 2nd season as Southampton, I managed to sign via pre-contract Oscar from Chelsea! And there is a "bug" - I offered him 80.000 weekly pay (he is currently at 140.000) and he accepted! Actually, I tested on some other players and most of them accepted much lower weekly pay.

Naaah never raised the revenues in the end unfortunately (and I was in the EPL at the time!), Oscar would have signed for me in the Championship though if I'd been able to afford his wages!

Got Wigan into play off final v Bolton and won 2-0.
Only problem is that I only have £9m to spend and half my team were Chelsea, Liverpool and Utd loanees.
Plus 4 of my team retired.
I have managed to buy Lakaku for £6m and resign Llori and Another Utd player on loan.
I only have a squad of 20 players of which 5 are plop.
Started off with a 1-1 draw with Chelsea and lost to Utd away 1-0. Qpr up next.

Tip: ask the board for more €
You can do it more than once per season.

Btw Southampton is the easiest "small" team for managing in cm. They have many young players with good overall and high potential. Only minor changes in the squad are needed.
Leeds on the other hand is a nightmare: many old players, no prospects etc. That team needs a major overhaul. If someone needs a challenge, choose Leeds.

I just finished my 1st season on CM and had a very annoying stupid bug at the end of the season.

I am Exeter and got promoted via the play offs, but the problem came at the end of the season, after starting the new season obviously all my loan players have left the club but my transfer budget and wages have remained the same.
So this season I have no players, minimum squad number which includes 4 GK's for some reason so I have 3 GK's on the bench, but the budget has been completely changed to not account for all the loan players and players leaving due to agreeing moves else where. So next season I am screwed with having nothing but the youth players I had and 4 GK's and no money at all to buy any new players as the budget wasn't changed accordingly to all the loan players leaving.

So quite natural I have called it a day now and won't bother playing it again now, hope these sort of things are not in the next gen version.

I think it is less cheating as long as you are realistic and do not give yourself ridiculous amounts.

If the game has this serious bug and you can fix it in a round about way then do it I say.

I just finished my 1st season on CM and had a very annoying stupid bug at the end of the season.

I am Exeter and got promoted via the play offs, but the problem came at the end of the season, after starting the new season obviously all my loan players have left the club but my transfer budget and wages have remained the same.
So this season I have no players, minimum squad number which includes 4 GK's for some reason so I have 3 GK's on the bench, but the budget has been completely changed to not account for all the loan players and players leaving due to agreeing moves else where. So next season I am screwed with having nothing but the youth players I had and 4 GK's and no money at all to buy any new players as the budget wasn't changed accordingly to all the loan players leaving.

So quite natural I have called it a day now and won't bother playing it again now, hope these sort of things are not in the next gen version.

I ran up against a similar issue in my second season. I've a small squad, little money, and several of my top players demanding increased wages. We're talking raises from 4,000, to 15,000, which there's just no way I can afford.

So I did what I'd never done before and used the financial takeover from the catalogue. I'm now rolling in dough but I'll probably use a good chunk of it on scouts.

I kinda feel like I've tainted this CM but whatever, next gen is just around the corner so I'm not sure how far I'd get with this career anyways.

At my Southampton career, 2nd season, Winter transfer window, I managed to trade my player (Hunt, 10 mil, 80 ovr) for unsettled Benteke (30 mil, 85 ovr). He even accepted a hefty reduction in weekly pay (120.000>70.000).
I guess his dream was to go to Southampton.
He is a beast- clinical finisher, complete forward etc. and he is only 24.

At my Southampton career, 2nd season, Winter transfer window, I managed to trade my player (Hunt, 10 mil, 80 ovr) for unsettled Benteke (30 mil, 85 ovr). He even accepted a hefty reduction in weekly pay (120.000>70.000).
I guess his dream was to go to Southampton.
He is a beast- clinical finisher, complete forward etc. and he is only 24.

just signed Benteke for my Atletico team, and will use him tonight. seems amazing

And we trust you with the sliders settings :SMUG:

Call me crazy but I don't know what to do with € in my Southampton career. I have a young team with high potential and I don't know what to do even with 20mil
My current team:
Sirigu (84)
Clyne (79) - Caceres (83) - Lovren (83) - Shaw (77)
Mirallas (83) - Schneiderling (81) - Nainggolan (83) - Lallana (83)
Ramirez (84)
Oviedo (80)

Bench players are also great (75-82 rated-Bakkali, Wanayama, Ward-Prowse...) and I just traded hunt (80) for Benteke (85) + Oscar (85) will be joining me soon on free transfer.

AI is still pretty dumb with transfers: Chelsea sold Cech in 1st season and than Courtois in 2nd season so they had only Blackman and Hilario as GKs. They even put Blackman on loan. Silly.

Back
Top Bottom