FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.
The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.

This sounds like (R)utter manure. They haven't even successfully implemeted something as simple as fatigue during a match yet now they're talking about keeping track of players' body parts...what a f*cking waste of space. They really expect us to believe in this garbage?

FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".

Less likely you'll complete the pass? Meaning what? The ball will go into space? I highly doubt it. What will probably happen is that rather than the pass being scripted to go right to your receiver, it will instead be scripted to go right to an AI player.

And will we see the AI team affected in the same way? I will eat my dinner if I ever see an AI player misplace a pass into space in FIFA12.

Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.
AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities.

Oh, this addresses my previous point. So, AI players will be misplacing passes into space now. Sure thing.

AI player acting more or less according to his abilities. So, AI players will not continue to be clones with perfect passing, perfect tackling and super-human reactions.....believe it when I see it....

when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.

lol

So ProVision and Collision+.

I will refrain from any judgement or enthousiasm till I'm playing the demo...

As has been mentioned, they haven't even been able to get the basics right, stuffing more tech into the engine really isn't the anwser! A few years ago this tech would have sounded brilliant, however we all know they know f$%k all about actually implementing it to create a football simulation. All it will result in is the following;

"Yo bruv, check it out man, Ronaldo is limping!"
"Yeah bro, that's wicked!"
"But I can still sprint when I want to, I love it, GREATEST.FIFA.EVA!"

:LMAO: @ winston, so cynical but hilarious!

My personal favorite:
* Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.

So it's taken you how many years to finally try and implement something which I'd say PES 1 got right?

Looks like the usual stuff from EA

Roll on the demo!

Roll on the demo!

No thank you, I rather have some bollocks talk from Rutter first. It's always nice to fantasise about how great the game would be if Rutter's words came true. Playing the demo is the depressing part.

No thank you, I rather have some bollocks talk from Rutter first. It's always nice to fantasise about how great the game would be if Rutter's words came true. Playing the demo is the depressing part.

Well, there's normally a honeymoon period of about I'd say 10-15 minutes before all the issues appear! Also takes a bit to see what are the new scripted sweetspot goals on both manual and assisted.

From the news there it dosen't sound good at all to be blunt! Nothing there about tactics, or proper player individuality in terms of left, right footed frequency and whats being done about the pressure culture in the game.

Here goes a largely negative response, but here goes :((

1. "FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc".

This means all that will happen is the game will randomly state players get injured a little more often. Tracking and formulating body parts my arse. It'll be a random injury generator. Get ready for it either not working at all, or people consistently having the same injuries occur to their players over and over.

2. "The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game."

See above!

3. "FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing"."

Erm, is this what they bragged Pro Passing was going to achieve last year? No, wait, this year they really WILL introduce it properly, honest!

4. "Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time."

Erm, again, see the post above. Wasn't there supposed to be a playmaker style player in Personality Plus? They renamed them 'dribblers', 'Target Men', 'Powerhouse' or something along those lines. I'm sure one of them were people who were supposedly good at passing....

5. "AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully."

I'm already calling bullshit on this one. Regardless of who you're controlling, the AI will continue to charge at you in packs like a herd of Rhinos. If not, I'll eat my hat. Failing that, I'll "eat my goal"......

6. "OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds."

Every year the presentation is slightly altered in minor ways. Expect the same tiny alterations that get boring after about 5 matches so this is pretty much a non-story. Also, no word on whether winning trophies will actually trigger anything approaching an adequate celebration scene. World Cup 2010 had it, then it was deemed unnecessary for FIFA11.

7. "The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France."

So three new stadiums and a bit of improved lighting from FIFA11, who's lighting effects are still worse than World Cup 2010 to start with.......

8. "Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick."

Maybe this could be good, assuming the AI doesn't overpower you with bionic rugby tackles at full sprinting speed.....but potential is there with this.

9. "The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground."

Hmm, interesting. All I want is a closer, more PES2010 style camera. Maybe this is it? Or maybe it will be another bizarre, random camera like 99% of the game's cameras.

10. "There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before."

Seen it, heard it, bought the T-shirt. Didn't they say that last year too? Sure, this year's was perhaps simpler, but also just as laggy and slow. Hopefully they're implying that'll be fixed.........

Last edited:
There is this Dave guy that tweeted about him seeing something amazing that would make FIFA 12 THE football game. But after a couple of more tweets it looks like he is talking about new lighting in the game. Yeah that's what make current FIFA shit!

Anyone now if Dave473 (don't know his cool numbers in the nickname and to lazy to find the tweets again) is a big fan of current FIFA? Rodelero and Romagnoli probably know the guy since you are FIFA forum regulars.

Where are the screens then??

The info is promising and atleast they're heading in the right diraction. I get the feeling we will suffer another short season of a shitty Manager Mode though :/

There is this Dave guy that tweeted about him seeing something amazing that would make FIFA 12 THE football game. But after a couple of more tweets it looks like he is talking about new lighting in the game. Yeah that's what make current FIFA shit!

Anyone now if Dave473 (don't know his cool numbers in the nickname and to lazy to find the tweets again) is a big fan of current FIFA? Rodelero and Romagnoli probably know the guy since you are FIFA forum regulars.

I can't speak for him but I don't think Dave is exactly in love with the current game. As for what they are talking about - some people have got some quite heavy info as of last night - but it's all embargoed 'til the 20th of May. It's about more than lighting though.

Last edited:
3 weeks until the hyperbole, or should that be hyper-bull. Still, I'm quite excited to see how the 2 rival games turn out this year.

All this and such a wonderful royal wedding today, as well...oh joy...

Three weeks to find out the latest broken promises about career mode :(

No CM news yesterday, just gameplay. Hopefully they'll release more info on the 20th beyond what's currently embargoed but who knows when we'll actually get anything substantial for CM.

Back
Top Bottom