FIFA 11 - PC

That's an old post, 04-09-2009 is the post date, so go go download the Fifa 10 demo :P

ok so basically theyre saying its based on fifa 10 + fifa wc2010 but not fifa 11 ? Well thats a big letdown... I'm sure the graphics will look good but if the gameplay is not like fifa 11 then its EA kind of saying "here you go..buy last year's game for full price! "

They have already explained why it's not a port of FIFA 11 console. It's because they have been working on porting the engine up until now. Implementing the same features as the console version isn't that easy since those features are still being worked on (while the PC team is working on getting their base, FIFA 10/WC, to work properly). However, for FIFA 12 they probably don't have to do much work with the engine itself and therefore they can work with the same features at the same time as the console team.

So FIFA 12 PC will most certainly be identical in gameplay features as the console version.

Let's face it, it's a strategy. Last few years it was impossible to port the engine. This year it is lagging behind console in features. Next year they will probably have another excuse. Nothing wrong with the way they foresee their profits. It is just that we have to accept it.

It was "impossible" for them because it seems they believed that their target audience (casual gamers) didn't have good enough computers to run it (I believe min sys req is dual core?). However, they probably realised that most casual gamers today actually owns consoles and the people that still only play games on their computers actually often have decent setups.

Sure there will be some people that can't play FIFA 11 with smooth FPS, but there are probably more people that have good enough computer to run it (the PES PC crowd).

So I think they've shifted target audience and are now after the PES PC people (and the few "gamers" that actually likes football). I would also think that most people with consoles don't bother with keeping a high end PC, so even if the PC and console versions are equal, you won't have a huge shift to PC because of ease of piracy (if that was what you implied ALaaEG). Also most people today seems to love playing online and for that you need a legal copy anyway.

It was "impossible" for them because it seems they believed that their target audience (casual gamers) didn't have good enough computers to run it (I believe min sys req is dual core?). However, they probably realised that most casual gamers today actually owns consoles and the people that still only play games on their computers actually often have decent setups.

Sure there will be some people that can't play FIFA 11 with smooth FPS, but there are probably more people that have good enough computer to run it (the PES PC crowd).

So I think they've shifted target audience and are now after the PES PC people (and the few "gamers" that actually likes football). I would also think that most people with consoles don't bother with keeping a high end PC, so even if the PC and console versions are equal, you won't have a huge shift to PC because of ease of piracy (if that was what you implied ALaaEG). Also most people today seems to love playing online and for that you need a legal copy anyway.

That kills any piracy "argument"....

Pay attention to the vid, yeah - it's not as simple as "copy" and "paste" - I think the fact that PC gets nex-gen in the first place is a great change - can you imagine what the modding community is going to do - it's going to be great.

FIFA for PC will don't have online servers like console version , will be only LAN ! So , why somebody will buy the game ? With legal or not , it's a same deal .

why don't we have any new infos from ea sports regarding pc verions? pes is scheduled later to be released but we have more info and gameplay videos than fifa, which is coming out sooner.

No 62 (10 more than Fifa11 on Console) stadiums as promised before, only 56 (so only 4 more than Fifa11 on Console).

EA_Jarvisteros71 said:
Hi,

We've again adjusted the stadiums in-game based on licenses so I wanted to clarify this as there are actually 56 stadiums in FIFA 11 PC and not 62. This updated number will also be reflected in our next press release for Gamescom. As some folks on this thread correctly mentioned, there are a few of these stadiums that are EA created as well and they are featured in our brand-new-for-PC front end arena. The Brazilian one is my favourite.

Hope that helps.

Ian
Not a real problem imo, modders will create more stadiums anyway ;)

God it really annoys me when people are still calling the new FIFA 11 on PC next gen!

It's NOT next gen, it's current gen. The upgrade it's getting so it now has the same gameplay as FIFA 10/world cup on the consoles is just the PC version finally getting up to speed. It's finally a game, it's finally playable. FIFA 10 on the PC was just a waste of time! Thankfully EA knew they had to act.

That shit on PC FIFA 10, 09, 08 were all LAST gen! (Previous Gen) I don't get how you can call the xbox 360/PS3 next gen? Most people who play video games have been using this console since 2006/2007.

Get with the times, Xbox 360 became current gen in 2007! When the PS4 comes out in late 2012/13 what's that going to be called? Next, next gen? Distant future gen? Light years from now gen? :CONFUSE:

Small rant over :) , anyway when will the demo hit for this game? I want to start patching as soon as possible! The Kit's for this game plus the gameplay needs to be modded!

I think "next-gen" just became a name 'cause that's how the graphics were called at the beginning and the people didn't know how to call this so they just left it to this name ;)

I'm genuinely shocked that someone actually cares whether is called previous/current/next gen, it just seems so insignificant.

Tbh it is good that the PC version is going to be NG for once, but lets be honest how many people here would happily wait another month or two for EA to gives us a full port of FIFA 11.
I would wait and buy both the console and the PC version then, but as things stand I will only buy the console version.
I think it is mainly because if they release the console version on PC they will lose aload of sales through piracy.

I also dont understand what EA makes their games on and what they see as a primary console as most games whether they are released on the PC or not are normally developed and made on a PC then ported across to other systems.

And if they are primarily developing the game for 360 and porting across I have been told that 360 and PC architecture is so similar that it dosn't take that long to port from system to system.

As for someone moaning about system specs they arent high at all, pretty much anyone who has bought a PC in the last couple of years can go out and play it straight from the box, those who cant can just buy a 8800 of ebay for £40 and play it.

Last edited:
PC Version from Gamescom :WHISTLE: Expect an amazing big screen
where you can see almost everything about the PC Version if you
open the spoiler. Be aware! :P

8148-gamescom-2010-stands-babes.jpg

Jarvis in official forums, so gameplay video very soon :)

EA_Jarvisteros71 said:
Just wanted to say hi to you all from Gamescom on behalf of FIFA 11 PC.

I know a lot of you are hoping to see some videos of gameplay for PC and yesterday I recorded a full game in an interview with Romily which will be posted on easportsfootball soon.

We have 8 PC stations set up in the main floor and they are all being put to good use. Since there are no physical computer boxes visible at the station I'm not even sure if half the people people know they are playing on a PC to be honest as it looks truly Next Gen on those machines.

I've been doing lots of interviews for media and I'm currently in the Behind Closed Doors section showing off the game alongside Football Manager 11.

Anyway, I'm sure some gameplay videos will be coming out soon so sit tight!

Ian

PS: Demo comes out Sept 16th.

Back
Top Bottom