FIFA 11 - PC

Yes Cesc, I've got full game and on match with my custom dynamic camera players are more detailed I think, but I will try "new LOD setting" from demo

UPDATE
the "new LOD setting" from demo don't work on my full game, game won't start

Last edited:
Yes Cesc, I've got full game and on match with my custom dynamic camera players are more detailed I think, but I will try "new LOD setting" from demo

UPDATE
the "new LOD setting" from demo don't work on my full game, game won't start

True, the data0 file prevents the game from starting. I backed up my data0 file, so I put it back in but left the modified settings.lua file there, the game now starts but no LOD has been aplied from what I can tell.

Bad News for the LOD-Tweak_Fans....

I got my copy today after my work... and the LOD-Tweak was not working on the full-version. I tried to adjust the config (settings.lua) with Finalbig-Editor and other tools... but after that, the game doesnt start :RANT:

Its such a nice game... and after i played so long on the demo with that lod-tweak... it looks so bad without it.

Maybe someone has an idea what to do :CONFUSE:

Do you guys think it will be possible to intervene on players stats and names from the outside? From what I read the internal editor is ridiculous, you can't even change the name of a player, let alone his hair or attributes (you can, but you have to take the points from other attributes).

I tried this game and my opinion is that it has nothing to do with real football. It's like ea sports is creating a new type of sport. There's no concept of inertia, player balance, positional awareness, personality, proper game speed, tactics. Oh, tactics, there's none of it. Even some animations look like there's a particular species of players whose only intention is to make me laugh.
I can say that this game can be fun if played 1vs1 at slow speed and manual controls, but this doesn't mean it's a resemblance of football. It's not enough to put 22 players and 3 referees on a pitch to create a football game.
There are some things I like, though: keepers' animations and the shape of the nets, the attention to detail (I'm particulary impressed by them assigning correct boots to many players), advantage rule implementation, sounds.
This is my opinion and I don't mind if you have another one.

I tried this game and my opinion is that it has nothing to do with real football. It's like ea sports is creating a new type of sport. There's no concept of inertia, player balance, positional awareness, personality, proper game speed, tactics. Oh, tactics, there's none of it. Even some animations look like there's a particular species of players whose only intention is to make me laugh.
I can say that this game can be fun if played 1vs1 at slow speed and manual controls, but this doesn't mean it's a resemblance of football. It's not enough to put 22 players and 3 referees on a pitch to create a football game.
There are some things I like, though: keepers' animations and the shape of the nets, the attention to detail (I'm particulary impressed by them assigning correct boots to many players), advantage rule implementation, sounds.
+1

Typical FIFA Fanboy...

I completely agree with you. And in addition, after I played a bit more than 10 games, everything got incredibly repetitive, it's deja-vu every match.
You can just pass the ball forward and eventually you would be 1 on 1 with the keeper.
If you try to play build-up style, or any other creative ways, the game is just preventing you. No imagination in the game = no real football feeling.
Sorry, but that's just how I see it.

typical PES fan boy...

oh and search my nick you will see me at PES 6 creating OF's and i was playing PES 6 until this year.
That was really stupid of you, to say that.
I have bought FIFA 11, is that enough to prove to you that I'm just being objective? (Anyway, I'll be selling it after a week or two, when it gets completely boring...)
Since you haven't played the game yet, your opinion shouldn't be taken too seriously, though.

I have bought FIFA 11, is that enough to prove to you that I'm just being objective? (Anyway, I'll be selling it after a week or two, when it gets completely boring...)
Since you haven't played the game yet, your opinion shouldn't be taken too seriously, though.

Set all gameplay to manual and then play "just pass foward", chcange dramatic default camera to something closer to see player animations and then write that fifa is boring

I am Very obiective played fifa since 95, and then PES since 2004 till worst PES 2010

it's true that is hard lern FIFA from beginning after all that years with PES but in "manuals" is so much fun like PES old days

last year FIFA 10 had no competition in console now FIFA 11 on PC(console 10) has no competition too

Guys, I love that game, even more than the Demo :)
It has changed a little bit after the Demo, the reaction of the players
and the movement is now faster which looks really great and also the
crosses are improved a little bit. The graphics are also better than
in the Demo, even without the LOD file. Just imagine it with the LOD fix :)
Also it's great to see that the minifaces has been updated.
Had two games against my brother, lovely matches.

Just two things which needs fixes I saw for now:

1. If I play with Bundesliga teams the scoreboard is inside the place,
a lot too much down, it's very weird to play like that.
Hope we can change that...

2. Off course we still need the LOD file, especially for the player heads.

TypicalI completely agree with you. And in addition, after I played a bit more than 10 games, everything got incredibly repetitive, it's deja-vu every match.
You can just pass the ball forward and eventually you would be 1 on 1 with the keeper.
If you try to play build-up style, or any other creative ways, the game is just preventing you. No imagination in the game = no real football feeling.
Sorry, but that's just how I see it.
Same problem of FIFA 10 on consoles and I completely agree with what you said. You either have to be quick enough to go 1on1 vs the keeper or you shall rot in hell.

Guys, I love that game, even more than the Demo :)
It has changed a little bit after the Demo, the reaction of the players
and the movement is now faster which looks really great and also the
crosses are improved a little bit. The graphics are also better than
in the Demo, even without the LOD file. Just imagine it with the LOD fix :)
Also it's great to see that the minifaces has been updated.
Had two games against my brother, lovely matches.

Just two things which needs fixes I saw for now:

1. If I play with Bundesliga teams the scoreboard is inside the place,
a lot too much down, it's very weird to play like that.
Hope we can change that...

2. Off course we still need the LOD file, especially for the player heads.

+1000

about scoreboard, did you try on other resolutions?

+1000

about scoreboard, did you try on other resolutions?
Nope, I didn't try other resolution but why should I,
I want to play on my highest resolution 1920x1080 and not
on a lower one and the EPL Scoreboard works fine.

This is how it looks with Bundesliga teams.
sf83xh86.png

Wouldn't worry man, he played PES6 because it was fun, rather than being a sim :)

Are Brazil licensed?

Just installed FIFA yesterday after playing PES for years.. I am blown away by this FIFA. It has been improved soo much since the last PC version. Tonight I will turn the assistances off and see if it can actually get me away from pes. Its a real culture shock for me, since I really used to love PES.

Is it possible to play with keyboard?
I tried setting it up in fifaconfig, but it just says "This screen allows you...blabla" and nothing is editable. The keyboard itself works in the menus, but just the escape and space button, I think.
No questions like "why the hell would you...", please :D

on readme says to change some values but on settings i cant find them

Open "settings.lua" with some text editor ex. notepad and find code lines same like in "readme.txt" and change values on right side

you must find lines with name "PlayerLodPercentageMultiplier"

Back
Top Bottom