FIFA 10

"BAP style leagues". Was that a little slip up Chris? ;))

The secret is out!!1122

CB -- as a PC player, I would like for BAP,

a) Be able to see the league table, top scorers, and all that

b) Don't become captain 2nd game and don't play all of every game -- sub in, sub out. Like BAL, which is currently 100x better than BAP.

c) Don't make your teammates pass to you every time you tell them to...it's annoying

Allowed created players for online clubs would be shit because all the nobheads would have a team full of 7ft people.

Oh, thanks for my mention on the podcast :ROLL: :R1.

Bloody hell, 2 mentions! I'm honoured. Also, how can it be pointless when I completely skinned the opponent and got a cross in?

Last edited:
Allowed created players for online clubs would be shit because all the nobheads would have a team full of 7ft people.

I'd love to play as myself in a BAP online club against others. But I do see your point about the 7ft 99 rated players which would flood the game. In a perfect world BAP clubs would be like playing Sunday league football. You'd have your own custom kit and badge and your own faces on the players with stats tracked like in a FPS game. EA could give us a generic team like in pes's ML that we'd add ourselves into (player heights and sizes would be pre determined by EA and locked so the only change we can make is to the face and kit options (untucked shorts, boot style etc) and then everyone finally has equal teams instead of the bullshit 'everyone is the same, except all of these teams...'

But I'd love to see them fix the gameplay before all of that

whats up now with th 360 degree dribble? is it coming? or only 8 directions as usual? i need confimation on that one and then i maybe switch to fifa this year! man, this would be sooo awesome!!!

whats up now with th 360 degree dribble? is it coming? or only 8 directions as usual? i need confimation on that one and then i maybe switch to fifa this year! man, this would be sooo awesome!!!

Well he do say 360 degree dribble in the video so it is pretty much confirmed, it's still under NDA so you can't get an official confirmation yet.

So it looks like EA have done really well to contain this, usually once one mag/site has leaked quite a few bits and bobs follow from others but we havent heard anything else. Oh well, next week.....

This may sound silly but I hope they've put in the real players faces pictures like in Ultimate team. It's really cool to see the players as they really are than viewing a computer made head in the players profile.

"And we begin this EA Sports with the most anticipated game of the year, FFFF....ight night round 4" FECK! Thought he was going to say FIFA10!! :D

they didnt reveal much, ive seen a maybe 5 second vid of it but it seemed like a PC version or ps2 but oh well they announced on the ea forum that a detail and demo and gameplay vids will de avaible by tommorow.

http://www.fifainformer.com/

Exclusive interviews June 3rd-June 8th.

June 3: David Rutter (Line Producer) - Emirates Stadium Interview
June 4: David Rutter (Line Producer) - EAC, Vancouver Interview
June 5: Gary Paterson (Creative Director) - EAC, Vancouver Interview
June 6: Aaron McHardy (Gameplay Producer) - EAC, Vancouver Interview
June 7: Mike Takla (Producer/Designer) - EAC, Vancouver Interview
June 8: Romily Broad (EA UK Community Manager), Glen Cooley (FIFA Forum Guru), Orlando J Lewis - First thoughts on FIFA 10

Fifa Informer, the Fifa community site that puts community before ego.

Finally, the NDA has been lifted

Further conversations with the producers highlighted this change but this is something we can’t shed too much light on at this moment in time.

We would love to talk about these things but being under NDAs all we can talk about for now are gameplay enhancements to the game.

Hang on. The NDA is lifted yet they're still holding things back?

That was a pretty poor "preview" I thought. Pretty much nothing mentioned that we couldn't have guessed would be in FIFA 10 anyway, any of us could've wrote that knowing those changes would make it into FIFA 10 and it doesn't reveal anything to make us think Suff actually played the game. MM has changed loads, yet he can't talk about it :ROLL: So, has the NDA been lifted or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well from what was posted it sounds like the few elements that needed improving for gameplay have been done, are getting done, so that's good news.

decent preview. it seems this fifa is more iterative. that's great and all but then i want details (like PES6 did when it got iterative). that means ronaldo's half rolled sleeves. Lampard & Kaka's celo's etc. :)

really hyped for 360 control though.

You have to master it, or prepare to be destroyed. Within seconds you can spot a gap in the defence, dart towards it and switch the ball to your player’s stronger foot with a simple tap of the analog stick.

Nice, although it should be automatic. Also no mention of whether the response times have been greatly improved. Looking forward to it in general.

fifainformer.jpg

Two Exclusive features online now.

FIFA 10 First look

First look at FIFA 10 on the Playstation 3 & Xbox 360

Including Manager Mode Details

Exclusive Fifa 10 David Rutter interview

http://www.fifainformer.com/

The first of our series of exclusive Fifa10 interviews.

Fifa Informer: The Fifa community site that puts the Fifa community first.

Yay finally quick free-kicks. Sounds like they have been busy implementing a lot of what people have screamed for, nice. I would love even more details about the changes, the preview was pretty shallow but maybe they'll go more in depth in the podcast.

It looks very plastic and colourful though looking at the screenshots.

Edit: That fifainformer article was much better, thanks for posting it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom