FIFA 09' Questions for the production team ONLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayD

Premiership
27 April 2002
Arsenal
As you may or may not be aware, FSB have been invited over to Canada next week for a EA open day, where the team will get to meet the producer, his team and get to play FIFA 09.

So this thread is for any questions you want us to ask and we'll do a post with them on the blog when we get back.

Obviously we won't be able to ask every question put forward but we'll choose the best and ask them. So questions only please. Fire away.

Do you think offline play is of the same importance as online play?

Will the AI be any better this year (i.e. no more CPU players running in circles around the ball to prevent you from taking it)?

Any questions related to manager mode please. Where are Placebo and Nick Cave when you need them..

i really would love to know why they only have like 5 standard fonts for every team and why short names like KAKA get stretched all over the back instead of being written small like in real life. a detail that allways bugged me. but i guess that's not important enough to be asked. if you want to do me a favor though, ASK PLEASE. ;)

Will the keepers be more realistic? In other words, will they be stronger at their near post and weaker at their far post?

Can we save replays locally (to the hard drive/memory card)?
Don't know if you've already seen it Jamezinho but in a Swedish (?) FIFA 09 article in the FIFA 09 discussion thread, there is a bit that says something along the lines of "you can now save replays to the console", confirmed by a Swedish speaker.

Will team playing styles be implemented in the game (ie Arsenal playing the short passing game etc), also the custom formation apsect was very akward has this been fixed

Some questions, basically complaints from 08 turned into questions for 09......

1. Do AI teams now rotate players so that they won't have players starting matches with 90% fatigue?

2. Has the fatigue system been improved so that a player who is 90% fatigued at the start of the match cannot run around full speed for 90 minutes?

3. Do AI teams now play players in appropriate positions? IE not playing attackers in defence, defenders in attack as in Fifa08?

4. Are AI teams now active in the transfer market to improve their teams rather than only buying players from human teams?

5. Will the AI now replace retired players with appropriate choices? For example 6ft+ target man Mark Viduka retiring and being replaced by a 5ft winger is not appropriate.

6. Will the AI constantly re-jig starting lineups and kicktakers to take into account injuries, fatigue, age degeneration? Or will the same players play in the same positions permanently until they retire?

7. Will the bug where 2 matches are played on the same day (or consecutive days) be fixed? This bug dates back to Fifa06 on PS2 and was in Fifa07/Fifa08 current gen and Fifa08 next gen.

8. Will the half time/full time highlights bug whereby there is just one single replay shown over and over be fixed? This bug dates back to Fifa06 on PS2 and was in Fifa07 and Fifa08.

9. Will we see the reintroduction of being able to move forward and back during halftime/fulltime replays as well as being able to switch camera angles? This was in Fifa08 and worked great but was removed in Euro.

10. Will playoffs for the English leagues be brought back into the game? (These were in Fifa07 current gen but removed from Fifa08 so as to not upset Dutch/American/Australian gamers).

11. Has more work been done to improve the accuracy of the commentary? Fifa08 had poor commentary implementation in places, hit a cross out of play and they say it's a shot, make a foul that's played as advantage then pulled back 1 second later and they babble on for 5 minutes about how great it is that the advantage rule is used.

Will add more later :)

Will team playing styles be implemented in the game (ie Arsenal playing the short passing game etc)

That's already been covered in all the previews so far for Fifa09.

Real waste of time to ask questions that have already been answered, the team will only have limited time and limited questions they can ask.

Might as well attach the .doc Placebo;)

Like JB said, whether single player has been improved because playing constantly online can be annoying or frustrating, and sometimes you might just want practice or a simple game against the AI. Or something relating to your own team AI. They only talked about the fancy stuff they do, but what about the stuff like changing players, corner kicks and the BLOODY GKS!!!?

Last edited:
General questions about manager mode.

Like in the lower leagues will the league structure be correct. Like having correct playoffs etc.

Just want to know a bit more of what they have planned for Manager mode - Like Placebo said.

Also with Online leagues - Will the option be there to play teams TWICE like in most leagues in the world!!!! (Because as you know in '08 you could only do once or three times - which was ridiculous!!!!!!)

12. Is there a function to quickly change set piece takers without having to pause and scroll through 20 menus? Fifa07 on PS2 had this down perfectly, at a setpiece R1 + Dpad up/down let you scroll through your players to choose a different taker.

13. Can goalkeepers now be sent off and injured in next gen?

14. Will new rules be correctly implemented, for example from 08/09 the English Premier league matches will have 7 substitutes on the bench instead of 5.

Any questions related to manager mode please. Where are Placebo and Nick Cave when you need them..
I was in a boring 4 hour meeting in HULL :((

I think Placebo has covered the manager mode, the only thing I'd like to add is if the stand alone Manager game sales continue to be so poor, will they consider melding it into FIFA 10 or could they make the next Manager title with the ability to play the games with FIFA 10?...

12. Is there a function to quickly change set piece takers without having to pause and scroll through 20 menus? Fifa07 on PS2 had this down perfectly, at a setpiece R1 + Dpad up/down let you scroll through your players to choose a different taker.

13. Can goalkeepers now be sent off and injured in next gen?

14. Will new rules be correctly implemented, for example from 08/09 the English Premier league matches will have 7 substitutes on the bench instead of 5.
I've read through your points in this thread and you have hit the nail on the head in regards to Manager Mode. Whenever I see that you have made a post in a thread I always have a look because I know that your posts are full of quality :)).

Could you ask if the nets have more of a realistic feel to them. Do they react less like a brick wall and more like a net.

I second that ;-)

Along with differnt goal styles.

And also, will they implement a practice mode similar to the PC versions. Camera angles like PES as well.

That's pretty much all I have.

will the managers be at the side of the pitch like in euro and will the subs be seen warming up and sitting on the bench, not really important but i would like it

1. Has there been any improvements to the Freekick system. Currently the power and height are governed by the same gauge. Have they had plans to implement some type of system where you can decide the power and height separately, like PES has had. Or, to be more precise, where you can decide the power and the takeoff angle of the shot (the height the ball eventually reaches would be determined by power + angle of takeoff from ground). This would make for a much more nuanced system, and it would also mean that you could make really low but also hard freekicks, and not have to sacrifice power on the power gauge just because the ball would be too high if you put too much power on there.

2. Have shot animations been revised? One of the biggest problems, visually, in FIFA08 are the shot animations where players often place their supporting leg a long distance from the ball when shooting. In real life, most of the power in a shot comes from the hip, and that relies on the legs being close together. It is always best to plant your supporting foot as close to the ball as possible when taking a shot, but in FIFA players often plant the supporting leg almost half a meter or more from the ball, and then stretch very unnaturally to reach the ball, sometimes accompanied by a weird dipping move with the knees.

3. Have bugs regarding not being able to switch players after corners or in certain situations been erradicated?

4. Supercancel? Have they improved cancelling player runs etc so that it is more instantaneous and controlled than it was before?

5. Customizable cameras with zoom, height and "swivel angle" (the 1-9 angle option in PES, I know it could cause problems with the analog aiming etc but it would be nice to have it atleast).

6. Has the powerbar for passes been sped up even more to further give you faster access to powerful passes (it was better in Euro08 but it could be even further sped up imo)?

What I've got so far.

EDIT: And be sure to give them lots of kudos for being so open, and so receptive to user comments and suggestions. I know I am very happy that they actually listen to the users and what they feel should be improved and/or changed. I don't think it can be emphasized enough. :)

Last edited:
DIdnt see it posted so here:

Can we assign stadiums to teams, so we dont have to play 26 fucking matches in les artes in a single season?

Is there some kind of or better super cancel in it than last time?

and have they taken the shitty side stepping saving of Penaltys out?

Jay

1)Nets, Nets,Nets, Nets, Nets they need to behave like real ones not heavy duty carpet.Ask if they have improved them please:pray:

2)have they improved the keepers, ie less parrying and better AI (easy to pick the ball up after a deflection but still let it go out for a corner and the ball is put across the 6 yard box and the keeper just follows it allowing the striker an easy tap in).

3)Better more powerful shooting and passing has this been improved.

4)Does the crowd now move properly rather than sway from side to side as if they are listening to a cliff Richard song.

5)Response

6)Sorted the replay quirk where the ball magically springs out the net in Euro 08

7)Cup Finals played at a neutral ground

8)Dynamic weather.

List goes on................:SAL:

I've read through your points in this thread and you have hit the nail on the head in regards to Manager Mode. Whenever I see that you have made a post in a thread I always have a look because I know that your posts are full of quality :)).

You're too kind good sir :)

why are some goalkeeper kits not licensed?

**surely could ask this off the record**

I asked about this, it's basically down to the time required to make all home and away kits which in itself is quite a task for all the teams, then to add 1x more kit onto that for every goalkeeper's kit is just considered not so important sadly.

will the managers be at the side of the pitch like in euro and will the subs be seen warming up and sitting on the bench, not really important but i would like it

Has already been confirmed in previews I believe?

I have only one question for PC platform

- Will it be changed gameplay or it will remain as in fifa 08?

My questions are all about on-line multi-player:

1) Can we specifically pick to play only 2v2, or is every match basically 10v10 unless everyone presses Ready before 20 people have joined?

2) Can people who refuse to press Ready in the lobby be booted out, or do we still have the situation where one moron can deliberatley keep everyone waiting for full 5 minutes before the match starts?

3) Can non-captains still pause the match? If so, why? They can't make subs or change tactics/formations, so why?

4) Is they option for people to play as ANY player removed, or at least made optional so a session creator can prevent everyone going ANY?

5) Can people quit a match without needing to pause, thus no longer holding up the action for eveyone else?

6) Is the kit selection screen now more prominent and displayed at a more appropriate time (ie. just before kick-off), thus avoiding both teams taking to the pitch in, for example, all white.

7) When a captain is altering his line-up and formation, can the other players now actually see what he is doing?

8) Can captains substitute human players who can then no longer take part in the rest of the match (ie. to stop idiots ruining the match)

9) Do humans who get red cards find themselves "sent off" from that match, or do they still become "ANY" player and can merrily hack away for the rest of the match?

10) When you join a lobby, can we see all the settings for that match (eg. match length, what rules are in operation (eg is offside turned off))?

11) Can sessions creators choose which teams will play in a match (eg QPR v Coventry) and not have the first person to join the session immediately switching the opposition team to Barcelona?

12) Do we still have to wait up to 3 minutes whilst on the screen where people pick which player they want to be?

13) And on that same screen, can we see the name of the player we are choosing, rather than just his position?

14) Have you tested the on-line screens with people outwith EA, to ensure they are not as glaringly flawed as in FIFA08?

I have plenty more questions in a similar vein, but as I suspect the answer to them will be "no" as well, I'll stop now.

Hi!

I have my doubts and questions about the game, below:

- They will have new leagues and teams, or be the same as FIFA 08?
- About option mouse and keyboard:
. It can be disabled?
. It has some effect in the game, leaving the game is slower, more difficult?
- Have news in Arena for PS3 and Xbox 360?
- What will the news of the Exclusive mode on PS3?
- The cover of the game will be composed of players which will be disclosed and when?

Thank you.
I am in hopes of answers.
Rômulo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom