FIFA 09' Questions for the production team ONLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only one question for PC platform

- Will it be changed gameplay or it will remain as in fifa 08?

Far too vague IMO, ask an EA rep that question and it gives them a perfect opportunity to simply rehash the same information we already know about the PC version, such as exciting new keyboard and mouse gameplay™.

Questions should be far more specific and should be structured in a way that they have to give us actual facts rather than giving them soft questions which allow them to rehash the same old PR speak we've read in previews.

I have a few questions.

1. Will there be a new default stadium for English teams as Estadio de las Artes sucks!

2. Do types of injury depend on the part of the leg that's hit?

3. Is dribbling responsive enough to fool a keeper rushing out to give you a penalty?

4. Is there any PES style training elemens in the arena?

5. What are the chances of full analogue control in FIFA 2010?

Thanks, guys, keep up the great work on the site!

Last edited:
Oooo yeah keepers giving you penos

i aint seen that since PES

good question :))

Will team playing styles be implemented in the game (ie Arsenal playing the short passing game etc), also the custom formation apsect was very akward has this been fixed

As a EA reviewer i can confirm it. And we'll able to change the team style.
Team style will be:
Team Style - Attacking:
Build Up Style

* Build Up Speed
* Passing
* Positioning

Chance Creation

* Passing
* Crossing
* Shooting
* Positioning

Team Style - Defensive:
* Mentality
* Aggression
* Team Width
* DEfender Line

Just a question:

Will the 16 directions be introduced to the on the ball movement too? Like it is already in the off the ball movement.

Don't know if you've already seen it Jamezinho but in a Swedish (?) FIFA 09 article in the FIFA 09 discussion thread, there is a bit that says something along the lines of "you can now save replays to the console", confirmed by a Swedish speaker.

Thanks for that. I must have missed that article. Good news, if true.:TU:

tiktiktiktik said:
DIdnt see it posted so here:

Can we assign stadiums to teams, so we dont have to play 26 fucking matches in les artes in a single season?

x2.

One of my biggest annoyances in FIFA 08.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1)Ask the productors if will be possible to use the directional to move players!!!!!

If not... tell them that most of the FIFA fans in the present were PES lovers in the past too, and they like to control the players with the directional.

2)Will the Brazilian and Argentinian Leagues be present???

3)What languages the comentator will speak???

4)Ask about the features of the edit mode too.

Sorry for my english!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1)Ask the productors if will be possible to use the directional to move players!!!!!

If not... tell them that most of the FIFA fans in the present were PES lovers in the past too, and they like to control the players with the directional.

2)Will the Brazilian and Argentinian Leagues be present???

3)What languages the comentator will speak???

4)Ask about the features of the edit mode too.

Sorry for my english!

1) I think you mean use of the D-pad, im sure thats been confirmed already.
3) Surely they will speak in the language of the country you buy the game in.

My 3 main gripes have been asked already, CPU 'cheats', freekick system and manager mode...

This leaves, will the goal keepers be super human? In that, you never catch them off their back foot. Loose balls always conveniently roll fast enough just for the keeper to get there .0005 seconds before you. Long range shots/freekicks results in the keeper moving WAY too fast to the ball's eventual end position showing that GKs instantly calculate spin, wind, power, weight, blocked vision from the wall, etc. Also, what about a custom free kick system? Is it not realistic to include something of the sort, or has it not been a priority?

1) I think you mean use of the D-pad, im sure thats been confirmed already.
3) Surely they will speak in the language of the country you buy the game in.

At FIFA 08 we only could control the players with tha analog. The D-Pad was confirmed????????????? Where is it??? I saw a video thar the people were controllig the game with the analog, like the 08 version.

In my country (Brazil), only the PC version came with the portuguese language for the last 6 years.

Last edited:
Please keep the thread to specific questions that haven't been asked before otherwise it won't be much use to Jay.

Thanks Mart. I was just going to post the same. Please keep it to questions only so I can easily read and choose the best ones. Thanks.

Apologies chaps...I raised the subjects I want questions on! cant be bothered to retype them to be honest...IMO that post was deleted a little hastily.

Hard to think about a question that you guys have not allready put down here..
1)But I would like to know if this time around you can actually bring defenders up for corners etc. As your defenders are usualy the best headers in the game and do this in real life as well. Thanx.
2)Originally Posted by tiktiktiktik
DIdnt see it posted so here:
Can we assign stadiums to teams, so we dont have to play 26 fucking matches in les artes in a single season?
-What he said!

Ps: 3)And find out how the stadiums looks, I know its not important but I would like to know if they got the Emirates stadium look the way it should :THINK:

Has the online league system been redone to include proper league structures that calculate actual points genered from teh amount of games a team has won or drawed?

does fifa 09 have manager mode online?

can we know organise actual tournaments online?

Thanks in advance and if any of these questions are true i would be very happy

My questions are based around 4 player co-op manager mode, as that's how I play fifa08

1. Will the game remember the controller settings for players 2,3 and 4? At the moment it only ever remembers player 1's settings, so each time we play I need to go through and set everything up again. Also please, please, please dont have the stars over player's heads like in Euro08, its too confusing with 4 co-op players.

2. Has the 'change man' system improved? Countless times my team-mate has been running down the wing, and i've been desperately hammering the button and flicking the right stick to get control of the striker making a run into the box, but it takes too long and I miss the chance. Even if the system was dumbed down so that EVERY time the button is pressed it changes to a DIFFERENT player instantly, it would mean that after 4-5 fast presses I would have got the man I wanted to select.

3. Will there be long-term injuries? It is good that sometimes the player can play on when he is fouled, and that sometimes he has to be subbed, but we need the occasional broken leg, hamstring or ligament injury lasting weeks or months. (Note that this needs to be occasional, and we still want to keep the smaller injuries in there too!)

4. Fair enough that some people prefer to use the d-pad so you've given them the option to use it, but is there still development towards full 360 degree movement in fifa 09 and future versions? Dont dumb-down the control system for us analogue users, let the d-pad users have a 'simple' mode (it suits them ;) )

Last edited:
As a EA reviewer i can confirm it. And we'll able to change the team style.
Team style will be:
Team Style - Attacking:
Build Up Style

* Build Up Speed
* Passing
* Positioning

Chance Creation

* Passing
* Crossing
* Shooting
* Positioning

Team Style - Defensive:
* Mentality
* Aggression
* Team Width
* DEfender Line

Thanks for that

Will the cpu managers make realistic decisions with regards to subs and formations as the game progresses in single player, yes EURO 08had a bit of this aspect but it was broken.

What has been done about the online aspect; has friendly quit been added, do you get to play the cpu if your opponent quits etc etc

How will atmospehere affect my players? I'm not talking about visuals and chants, but will my players get nervous, will PK takers lose their nerve etc

Has the PK element been changed, ie foot striking, user controlled run ups, changing the angle the player stands at?

Last edited:
When playing online(especially 5 vs 5) you get some random people being abusive/racist towards other gamers.

I suggest that anytime someone talks through there headset, that in the top or bottom corner of the screen, we should be able to see the gamertag of the person responsible, so a report can be made to weed out the culprits.

Many people I know have stopped playing the game/gave up on listening because of this.

Has the atmosphere sounds been improved? For example cheering for goals, crowd gets louder when you attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom