FIFA 09' Questions for the production team ONLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCAA 09 uses a real live weather feed for wherever you are playing online, will this also be used for Fifa 09.

my questions:

1 - can i create a championship with 16 or 32 team and all of them been controlled by people and not only 8 players like FIFA08?? (this is vey bad...)

2 - shotting system is more like FIA08 or EURO 08, because in EURO 08 it seems almost impossible score a goal that not be from rebound, specially long shoots (shoots with players bettween you and goalkeeper... not face to face with goalkeeper)

3 - there will be more free kicks in the game!?? in EURO 08 only with slyde tackles is possible to make a fall... it´s totally unrealistic... real soccer has many more falls (don´t know if is write correct)

4 - they added more skills in this game?? more simple skills and more used in real life like put the ball to one side and run for the other...

5 - long ball has been improved giving more freedom to player to put the ball where he wants...? (the manual pass in fifa08 was the best feature in the game, but the long ball still don´t work correct in my opinion)

6 - we can use more then 1 custom formation in the game and change in real time like PES and will be possible create a specific formation for any team and save then in the edit mode? (i like to use diferent formations for each team that i play - like we do in edit mode from PES)

thanks and sorry for my bd english!!!
hope that people undertand what i trying to say in this questions...

thanks for great work guys!!!:ROCK:

ask the marketing department why they can't pitch to corporations, the fact that millions of people around the world play this game, day-in and day-out. hence, corporations should be begging and even paying to have their true-to-life virtual adverts, and gear in the game.

that goes for stadium, team and league licences as well. wouldn't anybody like free advertising on a daily basis?

if hollywood can make big corporations pay to have their products or namebrands shown gratuitously in a film, couldn't big games do the same?

ask the marketing department why they can't pitch to corporations, the fact that millions of people around the world play this game, day-in and day-out. hence, corporations should be begging and even paying to have their true-to-life virtual adverts, and gear in the game.

that goes for stadium, team and league licences as well. wouldn't anybody like free advertising on a daily basis?

if hollywood can make big corporations pay to have their products or namebrands shown gratuitously in a film, couldn't big games do the same?
umm yeah but then EA would charge them for the ads.... EA isnt going to give them free adverts, EA is the reason there playing the game

Last edited:
my questions:

1 - can i create a championship with 16 or 32 team and all of them been controlled by people and not only 8 players like FIFA08?? (this is vey bad...)

2 - shotting system is more like FIA08 or EURO 08, because in EURO 08 it seems almost impossible score a goal that not be from rebound, specially long shoots (shoots with players bettween you and goalkeeper... not face to face with goalkeeper)

Apparently the goalkeepers have been made more realistic, hopefully not as superhuman with reactiontimes and save reach distance as Euro08, and ball physics have been changed to supposedly allow longshots to a higher degree.

3 - there will be more free kicks in the game!?? in EURO 08 only with slyde tackles is possible to make a fall... it´s totally unrealistic... real soccer has many more falls (don´t know if is write correct)

The collision and jostle systems have changed supposedly, but this is something I am really weary of aswell. Like you say, it was practically impossible to bring players down other than using slide tackle. No matter how much you ran after players holding the A button pressuring them, you would hardly ever clip their leg, pull their arm, or just knock them slightly so they fell over. It needs alot of improving to get to for example PES5-standard with is alot more realistic and where you can bring players down by just running into them, or tripping them with a leg, pulling their arm, pushing them etc.

4 - they added more skills in this game?? more simple skills and more used in real life like put the ball to one side and run for the other...

5 - long ball has been improved giving more freedom to player to put the ball where he wants...? (the manual pass in fifa08 was the best feature in the game, but the long ball still don´t work correct in my opinion)

6 - we can use more then 1 custom formation in the game and change in real time like PES and will be possible create a specific formation for any team and save then in the edit mode? (i like to use diferent formations for each team that i play - like we do in edit mode from PES)

I heard that they now allow for custom formations to be saved and recalled with the D-pad I believe. This would mean something similar to PES. Also with the formations you could also save the slider settings for the new tactical sliders, so you could change the way your team moves and plays if you need to slow the game down or speed it up depending on the situation. Should be good.

Please can we get real time dirt on kits and sort out all keepers shirts so they have the sponsors on them..?

hence, corporations should be begging and even paying to have their true-to-life virtual adverts, and gear in the game....

umm yeah but then EA would charge them for the ads.... EA isnt going to give them free adverts, EA is the reason there playing the game

it would be chump change to big corporations to buy virtual stadium adboard space, exposed to millions of kids on a daily basis. trying to sell the latest boot? put 'em on the virtual spokesplayer(s), etc.

well, boots and balls are okay, but they can apply the same concept for everything else.

team licensing...want better global recognition? what better way than the world's best selling footy game.

Last edited:
my questions:

Apparently the goalkeepers have been made more realistic, hopefully not as superhuman with reactiontimes and save reach distance as Euro08, and ball physics have been changed to supposedly allow longshots to a higher degree.

The collision and jostle systems have changed supposedly, but this is something I am really weary of aswell. Like you say, it was practically impossible to bring players down other than using slide tackle. No matter how much you ran after players holding the A button pressuring them, you would hardly ever clip their leg, pull their arm, or just knock them slightly so they fell over. It needs alot of improving to get to for example PES5-standard with is alot more realistic and where you can bring players down by just running into them, or tripping them with a leg, pulling their arm, pushing them etc.

I heard that they now allow for custom formations to be saved and recalled with the D-pad I believe. This would mean something similar to PES. Also with the formations you could also save the slider settings for the new tactical sliders, so you could change the way your team moves and plays if you need to slow the game down or speed it up depending on the situation. Should be good.

thanks for some answers trance!!!!
i hope that they can fix this things...
the goalkeeper problems and the falls problems are the most importants to me but the others will bring much more realism to the game in my opinion...
and i agree eith you when you remember about the realism of PES5... it was a fantastis system and bring much realism to the game... the defensive actions was much more skillful that atual games!!!
about the skills, i dont like to much the fanstastic dribles like the "chaleira" ... i would like to see more simple skills like i've mentioned before...

and again...
this site rocks!!!!!1

OK Sorry Lads that we will be more than enough questions. We'll go through this and get a definitive list to ask. Thanks for the input. Can a mod please close this now BUT NOT DELETE IT.

OK Sorry Lads that we will be more than enough questions. We'll go through this and get a definitive list to ask. Thanks for the input. Can a mod please close this now BUT NOT DELETE IT.

Just give the guys a list of 200 questions and tell them you'll wait till they've answered them all. ;)

Seriously though, thanks for the opportunity to ask questions to the devs. And make sure to give us the final list and answers when you hopefully have them later on.

Again, thanks for your effort Jay. :)

good work Trance Allstar, most of the questions in here are already answered.

what i would like to know is, hows the edit mode is in this version of fifa,
can we fully costomize the generic players, and make them more realistic looking, or can we change the corrent players hair if we want to?
if they follow pes edit mode, it would be fantastic.

i also want to know if the sliding tackle is better if u time it right, and have some different tackling animation, depending on the situation u are sliding,
coz it never feelt right to me in fifa.

and if the ball have better physic in general, especialy when tacking a shot on goal

if u are one on one situation does gk react faster outside the box trying to close the attacker down or even slide kick to clear the ball, if he has the advantage?

can we have the option to continue the game and pass it quick, after the foul, without waiting for the black screen fk?

does the replay camera, still have frame rate problem (slowdowns) while watchin the replay?

that,s it for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom