FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

i wish the pitch will become more bigger so you can feel the real soccer world with this amazing game it 4 sure amazing also i like the players to be more lighter in 09 they its hard to dribble and turn around so i wish the dribbling with out the tricks will be more improvment thats all :P

would like to see them work more on players appearances, konami nail this and i believe would make fifa alot better

they are pretty much there with gameplay and it only needs some minor tweaks

guess what i'm getting at is more cosmetic changes to fifa, get rid of those hideous adboards left and right of the goal...fucking hate those with a passion!!

also hate EA home-made footy boots...just keep it real with the real boots that are already in the game...they have more than enough already

more stadiums, would love to see the bernabeu if they can get it in, and a couple more prem stadiums would be cool and perhaps parkhead and ibrox

edit mode would be nice aswell, similar to konami's would do the trick

and last but not least, every goalkeeper kit needs to be added....hate seeing prem goalies looking like sunday league keepers

I think improved AI coupled with a healthy injection of new animations would be priority. Secondary, I would ask for better presentation (have an actual cup presentation please, better crowd animations with banners, flags, drums, etc. Better overall atmosphere.) Oh, and please get the license for the Bernabeu!

Noticed this yesterday, or finally realised is a better description, anyway surely midweek games shouldnt cost player wages. It makes cup games meaningless from a financial point which is surely one of the main reasons to play them for most clubs. Atleast PES got this and any cup/euro game would equal extra income to improve your squad.

Does anyone know why Iker Casillas kicks the ball 95% of the time with his weaker right foot?

Hey guys anyone have trouble with what Chris wrote about on the FIFA blog?
http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/a-fifa-09-slowdown-tip/

I can say I noticed it way before Ultimate Team (because I haven't downloaded it). For me it happens almost every time there is a goal kick. Really annoying. And sometimes the slowdowns get stuck, so the game is in like 15 fps and you have to wait it out or press the button in the middle of the controller, and the xbox menu pops up, and then press it again to go back in the game and the slowdowns are gone.

First I thought that my Xbox started to get old and shit, but no other game has slowdowns like this so it must be a bug in the game. It's weird though because it was not there from the beginning, a patch must have started it. I also tried clearing the cache but it didn't help. I'm going to try the suggestion that Chris said, but I'm pretty sure I already turned those off.

Edit: Don't know if it matters but I play on 1080p I think it is called. Pretty sure I tried 720 and had the same slowdowns though.

Last edited:
Had this for the ps3, deleted UT and changed the ticker setting. It helped, although I have noticed it creaping back in again after a while so maybe I need to clear the cache and whatout...

I already had the ticker settings off. Tried changing camera and with Dynamic I didn't have many slowdowns but sometimes it was still there. Must say the fps with that camera is great, so smooth, too bad you can't see shit with it. I then tried the Pro camera that I know have bad framerates and that just made it feel that it was constant slow down effect with maximum of 15 fps. Zooming all the way in on tele made it a little bit better I think, the slow downs on goal kicks wasn't as bad even if they are still there. I wonder if they changed the LOD settings on the players or something else in a patch, seems weird but I can't figure out what else it could be since it seems to be better when there's not as many players in the picture.

I get the slowdown with L1 crosses into the box. Something about the angle and movement of players. Also when its busy in the box.

Maybe they added the slowdown along with the return of the advantage bug so when Fifa 2010 comes everyone will say 'wow they've done loads of work this year worth my £30-40!'

:SHAKE: Now come on Rad you know damn well there will still be slowdown in FIFA10...

Along with more crab walking, more goal exploits for the morons to use, worse first touch control from throw ins, more stupid moving cameras during free kicks so you have to wait for 5 seconds until it stops moving around in order to see where you're aiming and even more delay between when you press a button and something happens.

Oh and still no replay save function with the option to upload to EA at a later date.
I scored a beautiful karate kid style kick goal yesterday. I sent a chipped through ball forward to Martins, who ran on, did the flick the ball over the head move and turned around then as the ball came down he jumped and did that jumping kick.. the ball dipped like crazy over the keeper and went in off the far post.

Best goal I've scored in ages so I spent a while getting a good camera angle on the goal and then spotted I wasn't online. I signed into the PSN and then found there is no way of signing into the EA servers while you're in a match. so I was fucked and lost all record of the goal thanks to EA's incompetence.

Along with more crab walking, more goal exploits for the morons to use, worse first touch control from throw ins, more stupid moving cameras during free kicks so you have to wait for 5 seconds until it stops moving around in order to see where you're aiming and even more delay between when you press a button and something happens.

Oh and still no replay save function with the option to upload to EA at a later date.
I scored a beautiful karate kid style kick goal yesterday. I sent a chipped through ball forward to Martins, who ran on, did the flick the ball over the head move and turned around then as the ball came down he jumped and did that jumping kick.. the ball dipped like crazy over the keeper and went in off the far post.

Best goal I've scored in ages so I spent a while getting a good camera angle on the goal and then spotted I wasn't online. I signed into the PSN and then found there is no way of signing into the EA servers while you're in a match. so I was fucked and lost all record of the goal thanks to EA's incompetence.
Ah us FIFA players are a bitter lot...:LOL: ;)

June at the earliest from what I've heard, after one of the magazines have had their exclusive.

EA, STOP MAKING MAN UTD GODLIKE
This needs to be fixed. Last night for example i played about 10 fifa club games online. And only 2 opponents chose teams other than Man Utd. And one of them was France (another seriously over rated team). And why do all these idiots choose Man Utd? Because they are quicker, stronger and are able to close down/press for 90 minutes of the game without any consequences. For example; Berbatov was able to outpace Abidal consistantly, Ronaldo was able to run rings round just about everybody.
And it goes on right through the team. Now in Fifa Clubs the stats are supposed to be equal but its not. Why is this EA? It was so frustrating last night that i has to just go to bed. I think some type of team filter needs to be applied at the very least to Fifa10. But this godlike stats that Man Utd have needs to be addressed. Not just for the Fifa Club mode but for all modes.
Yes Man Utd are, with Barca, the best team in Europe but it should not make Berbatov into Linford bloody Christie. And if you are one of these idiots who constantly choose Man Utd and then play on fully assisted then you are ruining the game. For the love of god, choose someone else.....you may like it.
Maybe if enough people agree with this then EA will take note.
RANT OVER.....FOR NOW

EA, STOP MAKING MAN UTD GODLIKE
This needs to be fixed. Last night for example i played about 10 fifa club games online. And only 2 opponents chose teams other than Man Utd. And one of them was France (another seriously over rated team). And why do all these idiots choose Man Utd? Because they are quicker, stronger and are able to close down/press for 90 minutes of the game without any consequences. For example; Berbatov was able to outpace Abidal consistantly, Ronaldo was able to run rings round just about everybody.
And it goes on right through the team. Now in Fifa Clubs the stats are supposed to be equal but its not. Why is this EA? It was so frustrating last night that i has to just go to bed. I think some type of team filter needs to be applied at the very least to Fifa10. But this godlike stats that Man Utd have needs to be addressed. Not just for the Fifa Club mode but for all modes.
Yes Man Utd are, with Barca, the best team in Europe but it should not make Berbatov into Linford bloody Christie. And if you are one of these idiots who constantly choose Man Utd and then play on fully assisted then you are ruining the game. For the love of god, choose someone else.....you may like it.
Maybe if enough people agree with this then EA will take note.
RANT OVER.....FOR NOW

I don't under stand why EA lie about the stats being equal. It just doesn't make sense. Some games you can see your players are rated in the high 70's and then the next they're in the mid 80's. It's just looks like it was bodged together last minute so they could claim they did a lot of new work for 09 over 08.

But then the entire game has that feeling anyway - they need to make their engine work WITH the stats rather than make the engine work and then APPLY the stats and call it a finished game. Because at the moment that stats mean near to piss all with difficulty settings in there. Why should I have to purposely up the difficulty when I'm playing big name teams just to get a challenge and then drop the difficulty when playing a half star rated team to avoid them suddenly having super pace and the ability to score at will.

Maybe they could add in a 'realism' difficulty setting that flows back and forth depending on the team you're playing and the adidas live season.

There's a well known glitch for FIFA09 Clubs that makes your team play with real stats instead of 85 stats. And of course EA haven't bothered to patch it.

Back
Top Bottom