Everton Thread

Re: Everton Thread

we will win both games, sorry.... oh i may be wrong! think thats my ass covered!:lmao:

You cunts!!:lol::lol:

What a shit game of football!!
They could have played 3 hours of added time and we wouldn't have scored!
Think you deserved it overall as you had a lot more in midfield.
We missed Solano today and he will make a big difference on Saturday I reckon.

Shame that our defence has been so good this year and we go and make a tits-up like that!

Oh well, 1-0 to you... roll on Saturday;)

No it was`nt, pretty but thats the way it is some times! job done semifinals here we come big yak on fire!
yak-1.jpg

yak1.jpg

GOOD TIMES Y`ALL

moyes.jpg

Best pound 4 pound manager in the premier

Everton Ladies are through to the final of the League Cup.

Toni Duggan’s winner in extra-time earned the Blues a 2-1 victory over Watford.

Everton will now play Arsenal in the final, who comprehensively beat Liverpool 4-0. :lmao:

Jill Scott fired Mo Marley’s side into the lead on 23 minutes. The midfielder collected Michelle Evans’ corner on the edge of the area and smashed the ball past the Watford keeper.

The Hornets equalised through Emma Beckett to force extra-time. With two minutes of extra-time remaining 17-year-old Duggan snatched the winner with a neat finish.

Scott was understandably delighted to reach the final.

“I’ve never been in the final before and I suppose it makes it extra special," she said.

“It's a good Christmas present but we know that if we go in to that match and don’t win, it won’t mean anything. So from now one we’ll be looking to see how we can win that match.

“For everybody it’s a dream come true, but we need to win it.”

David Moyes wants Everton to push on and claim a top four spot.

With his side currently on a run of 12 games without defeat, Moyes believes the Toffees can repeat the feat they achieved in the 2004/05 campaign.

Saturday's 2-0 win over West Ham saw Everton go sixth, three points behind fourth-placed Man City ahead of Sunday's games.

"When people say it is impossible to break into the top four I see that as fighting talk and our motivation," said the manager.

"When we finished fourth two years ago above the red-shite! people said it was a blip, so it is up to us to do it all again."

The boss believes his current squad is even better than the one that achieved Champions League qualification on that occasion.

He continued: "This is the best squad I have had, so why not?

"They are probably playing the best but they still have to beat the squad that finishes fourth two seasons ago and that will take some doing."

Last edited:

im looking forward to the everton game next week!

even though the rivalry between the two teams isnt the same as united v lfc...

it still has an edge and is one of my fave home games of the season..

both teams looking good at the mo aswell...

Yep should be a cracker mate! Both teams firing on all cylinders! Just hope rooney dont break my heart again , he loves scoring against us.

yeah should be a great game ,everton plays some good football at the moment plus with Yakubu is on fire!!!!!!:D

sorry to say i told you so, you aint ready to play with the big boy`s......Yet! ;)

That's the good thing about not getting cocky too early... There is always a decent chance we could finish level or above you this season.

Things change quickly in football and if they do, I shall quote this message and happily remind you sir:D;)

AZ Alkmaar v Everton preview

David Moyes is resting a host of first team regulars for Everton's Uefa Cup clash with AZ Alkmaar.

With a place in the last 32 already assured, the Everton boss has left Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill, Tim Howard, Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Joseph Yobo all at home for the Group A clash in Holland.

Instead Moyes has confirmed his intention to field a number of youngsters in the clash as the Toffees aim to make it four wins out of four in this season's competition having already seen off Greek side Larissa, FC Nurnberg and Zenit St Petersburg.

Louis van Gaal's side, meanwhile, have never failed to make the last 32 of the competition but need to win to secure a place in Friday's draw in Nyon.

They drew their opening game at Zenit 1-1, then overcame Larissa 1-0 but lost to Nurnberg to sit in third place in the table.

Unbeaten record

The Dutch side do, however, have Europe's longest-standing unbeaten home record, a staggering 32 matches stretching back to 1977.

Everton are currently enjoying a rich run of form and are unbeaten in their last 12 matches, having scored 27 goals and conceded only five and Moyes is determined to extend that run.

In addition to the absence of five key men the Blues are without injury victims Leon Osman, Phil Neville, Alan Stubbs and Nuno Valente for their first ever meeting with Alkmaar.

Van Gaal is missing striker Ari for the clash, as he is serving the final game of a three-match ban.

Shandy to miss out due to injury

vandermeyde_andy_613278.jpg

Last edited:

Everton Team News
Moyesy has given Mikky Arteta, Tiny Tim, Joey Yobo, Tim Howard, Phil Neville and The Yak the night off and left them at home to watch the match on Channel Five. The Blues squad should still be capable of pulling off the fourth win in Group A, with the likes of Hibbo, Nuno, The Grav, Jimmy Mac and Kepler joining regulars Peanuts, Harry Hill, Roger and AJ in a strong looking Blues second line up.

Everton are through as Group Winners, but apart from Larissa, any two of three can still qualify for the knockout stages. With that in mind Moyesy is wanting to win and finish Group A off in style, and in the process avoid any finger pointing from Zenit and Nuremberg over lack of effort.

Moyesy says: "My intention is for us to win four out of four games in the group stages but we need to be ready for the important period over Christmas. We want to keep the run that we are on just now going and we will have that in mind against Alkmaar. We are taking a few of the younger lads, so we can leave one or two aside but we still want to go out there and win.

It should be a great Uefa Cup tie and with them having a tight ground, the atmosphere should be good as well. They are a good side but we want to progress on the right note. This is a little bit different to the other three games, though, and we need to understand that we are facing a very difficult period over Christmas, were the games come thick and fast and there is no time for a break. We are going along well in the Premier League and I need to think about that too, so we might have to make a couple of sacrifices with the players against Alkmaar." (19/12/07)

probable XI To Start: Wessels, Hibbert, Lescott, Jagielka, Valente, Gravesen, Carsley, Pienaar, McFadden, Johnson, Anichebe

Everton from: Wessels, Ruddy, Lescott, Jagielka, Hibbert, Valente, Boyle, Irving, Rodwell, Pienaar, Vidarsson, Kissock, Gravesen, Carsley, McFadden, Johnson, Anichebe, Vaughan.

Carling cup semi - final

Everton v Chelsea

GRANT'S TOFFEE WORRY

Chelsea boss Avram Grant has predicted it will be a tight contest with Everton in the Carling Cup semi-final.

The Toffees have been drawn against Chelsea in the last four after Grant's side knocked Liverpool out at the quarter-final stage on Wednesday night with a 2-0 home win.

The first leg will be played at Stamford Bridge in the week commencing January 7, with the return leg at Goodison a fortnight later.

Everton have already secured a draw at Stamford Bridge in the league this term and Grant has been impressed by David Moyes' side.

He said: "Everton is a very good team this year. It has been a good season for them, it is not easy to play against them. We drew against them, it is our only draw in the last three months until Arsenal so it will not be easy for us - but also for them.

"Any game in the semi-final is not easy. It is two games so anything can happen.

"You can win at home and you can win away but with it being two games you have to do everything to win the home game and see what happens."

The second semi-final sees Arsenal face Tottenham

so the red- ##### ###### again! brilliant isnt it, have a gander at there thread on here (bitter reds) every excuse under the sun! about there latest beating (3 out of the last four), if this had of happened , if that had of happened judging by the reaction of the neutrals seems people have had enough of there bollox posting!

they dont care about the carling cup .....They are glory hunters!;)

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum....

Good luck tonight toffee`s more or less a second string out tonight in a game we dont need any thing out of but az must win, will be good to see some of the young lads out there, will be nice what ever the result just to chill and watch this awesome football club
ya never know the young guns might win!

Everton till i die.

Is right Unc! Bitter reds as always, they must have known they would get us in the next round, they are running scared of the mighty EFC>

LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!!!!!!!

EFC 4 LIFE, TILL I D.I.E!!!!!!

Az Alkmar had not been beaten at home in Europe for 37 games and the undefeated run went back to 1977.

So the last time they lost at home in Europe was 1977 and that was the best home record in European club football. In wiining that game Everton stretch their unbeaten run to 13 games and finish top of the UEFA group having won all four games.

So what is the top headline on BBC sport?

The fact Aberdeen qualified in a 3rd spot in the UEFA cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

When Everton beat West Ham away to be the first team into the semi finals of the Carling cup we were on about the fith/sixth from back page of the major papers and the same was true when we qualified from the UEFA group. In fact in the paper I read, the back page and the next two pages when we secured qualification for the next round of the UEFA cup we given to a 1-1 draw in the English premiership between Newcastle and Arsenal.

When we won 7-1 in the English league we were about half way through the program on match of the day.

Everton's season could take a turn for the worse, it can all go tits up, the same is true for many sides in good positions.

But the English medias complete lack of interest in all things Everton is a total joke.

On match of the day Phil Neville even joked about it and then all the match of the day commentators started laughing and joking about it too and mentioned it about 5 fives.

Everton finish in their best European position in 20plus years and win a group unbeaten and take away a massive European unbeaten record and we get a headline from the BBC about Aberdeen securing a third place finish.

I love Everton but our media are a load of arsewipes!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom