Everton Thread

Re: Everton Thread

i always thought after seeing cahill that he had potential to goto bigger clubs, although he fits everton perfectly.

im gonna party like its 1985

prince-live_storycopy.jpg

\\:o/I was pissed when i wrote this forgive me if i go astray, but when i woke up this a morning , could of sworn i dreamt of
final day! The crowd was so excited there toffeemen everywhere, 2nite was the nite, nurnberg RUNNIN SCARED!

They say one nine eight, five, party over,
Oops, Arteta time!
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1985!

I was Pissed' when I wrote this
So sue me if I go too fast
But big vic is on fire
And Carsley gonna have a blast!! (over the bar);)

Germans is all around us
My mind says prepare to fight
So if I gotta die
I'm gonna die fuckin blue tonight!! :shock:

Oops, out of time!
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1985!

yakubu if ya didnt come to party
Don't bother knockin' on my door
Anichibe`s like a rocket
And baby, he's ready to roar

Yeah, Cahill`s on a mission
We can trust him any day
And when he hits the net
I'll dance my life away \\:o/

Oops, out of time!
(Nil Satis Nisi Optimum)
So tonight we're gonna party like it's 1985!

produced , arranged, composed by Blue4life

May u live 2 see the Dawn.....:lol:

Last edited:

lol whats even stranger i didnt have a drop to drink...:lmao:

any way onwards and upwards for the mighty E.F.C.

Great pictures as well, love the one of three players round Arteta- says it all in terms of how hard it is to get the ball off him :)

One thing though...

We celebrate of course because what we have managed to do is great so far and I think we all had a fear in the back of our minds following the last few years European set-backs.

And it is great to dispell the idea that we would be terrible.

BUT....

Let's keep a perspective and not get carried away, we are in a good position in the group and can be confident but let's not get above ourselves....we need to hope for the best without getting to cocky....we don't want to invite bad ju ju Hehee

Hard to keep a persepective though isn't it when you go to the bridge and get a draw after a good run in the league and a great away performance in Europe...so happy right now\\:o/

We rode our luck a bit but, Brilliant stuff from the lads:applause::applause:

I would be entirely surprised if Arteta doesn't go somewhere else in the summer.

He trully is top quality.

I don't think Arteta played today, but yes he is top quality which is why he is highly valued at Everton. I would hope he is not going anywhere, he hasn't said anything to indicate wanting a move and in fact signed a 5 year contract extension in June of this year...so we want him to stay put.

The thing is, the team isn't just Arteta, Everton are starting to make some real improvements in the playing staff. For example I can't recall us ever having as many quality striking/split striker options (Johnson, Yakubu, Anichebe, Cahill, McFaden, Vaughan) as we have now, at least since the 80s. We also have cover for the first time in a long tim at both fullback (Baines, Valente, Hibbert, Neville, Jagielka, Lescott) and center half positions (Lescott, Yobo, Jagielka, Stubbs). We have also added a little bit more in the way of craft to go alongside or cover for Arteta in Pienar who is getting better all the time and in Graveson who if played in a freerole is still very creative.

Don't get me wrong, not pushing the boat out and getting carried away because of short term results. I just think we have greatly improved as a squad in the last year or so and think that Arteta should be able to see how we are improving and how much he is loved at the club.

Last edited:

KING CAHILL CRACKER

3107916060-soccer-barclays-premier-.jpg

77845497.jpg

77845528.jpg

Never easy going to the bridge fellas , wasnt pretty , showed we had plenty of craft and fight without ARTETA , one man team my arse!!!\\:o/

I do those overhead kicks all the time... wasn't anything special*

*(This was about 10 years and about 3000 pints/pies ago...)

I love how Everton play the 5-4-1 and counter attack no matter what the opposition, they are like a big sponge, sitting there soaking up the attacks of the other team and then hitting them on the counter attack time and time again, then when they get 1-0 its like trying to get into Area 51 with their defence, great team, one of my faves outside the club I support. I remember Anders Limpar playing for them, and Tony Cottee. Great team.

I love how Everton play the 5-4-1 and counter attack no matter what the opposition, they are like a big sponge, sitting there soaking up the attacks of the other team and then hitting them on the counter attack time and time again, then when they get 1-0 its like trying to get into Area 51 with their defence, great team, one of my faves outside the club I support. I remember Anders Limpar playing for them, and Tony Cottee. Great team.

Nice to hear mate, but you have been a naughty toddler on other sites of late haven't you Hehe

Yer Avin A Laf!

Apparently Moyes walks into the weekly Friday press conference yesterday at Finch Farm, with a big smile on his face and before any of the journo's asked a question.

Moyesy says: "As always I am focused on training and coaching my team."

Everyone pissed themselves. We wonder what he was referring to? (24/11/07)

3-1 UP AT HALF TIME AGAINST THE MACKEMS!! \\:o/

Last edited:

Everton 7 (seven ;)) Sunderland 1

_44259757_timcahill_pa.jpg

cahill slots in number 4!

_44259769_johnson_getty.jpg

aj makes it six check the a sign , guess he`s back!!

Dont know what to say speechless!! the boys on fire today off out on the lash with my family full report and pics the mara!!!\\:o/\\:o/ Bluekipper style yeeeaaahhhh!

Last edited:

Yeah you just scraped by a decent Sunderland outfit today in my opinion, with 20 minutes left they looked like they were really getting back into it until you got those fluky goals.

Yeah you just scraped by a decent Sunderland outfit today in my opinion, with 20 minutes left they looked like they were really getting back into it until you got those fluky goals.
lol and here is what really happened report from bbc...
Steven Pienaar is congratulated after scoring Everton's third
Everton delivered a dazzling attacking exhibition to destroy Sunderland.

Last Updated: Saturday, 24 November 2007, 17:02 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Everton 7-1 Sunderland
By Phil McNulty

Yakubu's early strike and Tim Cahill's shot on the turn put Everton in charge. Steven Pienaar fired home a brilliant third before Sunderland's Dwight Yorke scored on the stroke of half-time.

Cahill slid home another composed finish after the break before Yakubu pounced from a corner to make it five.

Substitute Andrew Johnson raced through to make it six before Leon Osman's late solo effort rounded off the scoring.

Everton's only change was the return of Arteta for Tony Hibbert - and the Spaniard produced a virtuoso display.

Yakubu put Everton ahead after 12 minutes, taking advantage of Paul McShane's slip to send a looping finish over Craig Gordon via Danny Higginbotham's unfortunate deflection.

Arteta delivered a moment of magic for Everton's second five minutes later, twisting and tormenting Ian Harte before finding Phil Neville, whose cross was met with a fine turn and finish from the master poacher Cahill.

Kenwyne Jones was giving an excellent display in adversity and he fired inches wide from 20 yards with Everton keeper Tim Howard beaten.

Everton's forward play had been a real delight, and it was in evidence again as Pienaar added a third two minutes before half-time.

The South African linked well on the left flank with Nuno Valente, who slid in a perfect return pass for Pienaar to fire high past Gordon.

But Sunderland were showing plenty of spirit despite their obvious deficiencies, and pulled a goal back on the stroke of the interval when Yorke score from 12 yards after Grant Leadbitter and Carlos Edwards had shots saved by Howard.

Sunderland boss Roy Keane made two changes at half-time, sending on Ross Wallace and Danny Collins for Yorke and Dickson Etuhu.

It gave Sunderland fresh impetus for a while, but they were undone by more awful defending as Cahill got his second and Everton's fourth after 62 minutes.

Joseph Yobo's long ball again left McShane found wanting, allowing Cahill to control and slide a composed finish past Gordon.

Sunderland then wasted a glorious opportunity to at least grab at a very slender lifeline when Michael Chopra somehow missed an open goal from six yards with Howard out of position.

Everton were producing some flamboyant football, but it was a goalmouth scramble that gave them their fifth with 17 minutes left.

Gordon had just saved well with his feet from Osman, and when Sunderland lost Arteta from the corner, Yakubu pounced from close range to score.

Yakubu and Cahill were then immediately replaced by Johnson, back after ankle surgery, and Victor Anichebe.

Johnson scored with virtually his first touch as Everton hit six, but once again it was another example of wretched Sunderland defending.

Neville's long ball caught Sunderland horribly square, and Johnson showed his pace to race clear and chip neatly over Gordon.

Sunderland were in pieces as Everton rolled forward in wave after wave of attacks, and it was no surprise when Osman added a seventh with five minutes left.

Everton had been magnificent going forward, but some of Sunderland's defending had been inexcusably bad, with Osman running almost unchallenged from the half-way line to score.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everton manager David Moyes:
"That was probably the best performance in my time here. Some of our football was fantastic and our passing and movement was just outstanding.
"It is how I have been hoping to get an Everton team playing and I hope we see Everton playing that was more often - hopefully it's the first of many.

"Mikel Arteta's first 45 minutes was nothing short of magical. The things he did on the ball and the opportunities he created for us were just something else."

Sunderland manager Roy Keane:
"You have to learn quickly in the Premier League and Everton took great advantage of our shortcomings.
"Everton have got three or four really outstanding players. It is a major setback to get a real beating like that but I trust the players to learn from it and I have to learn from it myself.

"It's hard to take, but we lose as a team and I picked the team and sorted the tactics so I have no problem taking responsibity for what happened."

As you can see though nobody talks about the last 20 minutes when the Black Cats were producing football similar to the mighty 1958 Brazil side, taking Everton to the sword and making them think "is this 3 points ours today?", yes for about an entire minute this happened and it had Everton on the backfoot until they slid in with 3 more goals.

ere stevie g gett out of our midfield, we know your a blue inside but this takes the biscuit!!:lmao:

efc-3.jpg

Well 0-0 at ht with the pompey , very tough oposition today will be more than happy to take a point!

edit o-o final score ....tough day at the office fair result.

Last edited:

Top of the Group were having a laugh!!!!!

Good night last night Unc. Top with a game to spare, comy on you blue boys!!

PS: Get your blue xmas lights in woolworths in Yorkgate haha :)

eh chico!!! will do my man , another great european night at the old lady , full house and packed to the rafters! won the group outright with 3 wins out of three ! still one game against az alkmarr but dont matter what happens in holland! Happy christmas toffee`s

efc__1196892446_tim_cele400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom