Everton Thread

Re: Everton Thread

Luton V`s Everton Preview.

cahill_549477.jpg

Luton Town look to continue their giant-killing spree in the Carling Cup against Everton.

The League One club are the lowest-ranked side left in the competition and have already knocked out Sunderland and Charlton Athletic.

Everton are the latest visitors to Kenilworth Road and Kevin Blackwell has no fresh injury problems to report.

Blackwell's major concern is striker Drew Talbot, who is still suffering from the viral infection which forced him to miss Saturday's win over Nottingham Forest.

But the Luton boss is still without Paul Peschisolido, Paul Underwood, Keith Keane and Sam Parkin through injury.

The Hatters lost 4-0 at Goodison Park in the third round of this competition last season and will hope for a closer encounter in Wednesday's fourth-round tie.

Everton could test the depth of their squad at Kenilworth Road as the Premier League club look to book a quarter-final spot.

Third-choice keeper Iain Turner is injured, while Stefan Wessels is an option to replace Tim Howard between the sticks.

Andy Johnson continues to be sidelined, but James Vaughan could return to the team after a shoulder injury.

Tony Hibbert and Phil Neville are available again after suspension, but Leighton Baines misses out with an ankle problem.

Mikel Arteta may not be risked due to a calf complaint, while David Moyes must also decide whether Tim Cahill should start his third game in the space of a week.

Last edited:

Through to the last eight of the Carling Cup, been a long time since we were able to say that.

Cahill yet again....how much we missed him and how great it is to have him back!

Too true van! been about 20 years they said ha! Thought cahill would be decisive thats why i included pic in preview...;)
Delighte in last eight whats the odds on a merseyside derby quatre-final , now that would be like a blast from the past....:D

Last edited:

Luton 0-1 Everton (aet)

Tim Cahill struck in extra time to end Luton's brave challenge and send Everton into the last eight of the Carling Cup at Kenilworth Road.
Kevin Blackwell's League One side tested Everton, with David Bell twice coming close from long-range.

Everton improved and came close several times before substitute Cahill turned in Thomas Gravesen's corner at the far post after 101 minutes.

Joleon Lescott cleared off the line from Matthew Spring as Luton pressed.

Everton survived several uncomfortable moments before reaching the quarter-finals of this competition for the first time in 19 years.

The domination of the blue teams has begun

The visitors made six changes from the side that won at Derby on Sunday - and it showed in a disjointed first 45 minutes in which Luton were the better team.

Bell was the main danger to Everton, blasting just wide from 25 yards, and he was then off target again with another long-range effort.

But Luton suffered a blow after only 19 minutes when veteran striker Paul Furlong limped off to be replaced by Calvin Andrew.

Everton's powerful young striker Victor Anichebe had been kept under control, but he escaped his marker Jaroslaw Fojut in first-half stoppage time and it needed a swift intervention from Chris Coyne to clear away from James McFadden.

David Moyes' side turned up the heat after the break, with Leon Osman forcing two fine saves from Luton keeper Dean Brill.

Alan Stubbs fired a free-kick narrowly wide and central defensive partner Lescott, who had an outstanding game, shot just inches wide.

Spring then scrambled Anichebe's header off the line as Luton came under pressure.

But Luton showed great strength of character and were able to turn up the heat on Everton as time ran out.

Everton sent on James Vaughan for his first appearance of the season after recovering from a dislocated shoulder, and he almost made an instant impact but headed just wide from eight yards.

Gravesen made his entrance three minutes into extra-time, and he played a key role as Everton finally broke the deadlock after 101 minutes.

The Dane's corner found its way through to Cahill at the far post, and he stretched to turn the ball high past keeper Brill.

Luton were acquitting themselves very well, and Lescott rescued Everton with a goal-line clearance from Spring with only eight minutes left.

Everton keeper Stefan Wessels then saved his side in the dying moments with a fine plunging save from Andrew when he looked poised to equalise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luton manager Kevin Blackwell:
"It was a fantastic performance from start to finish and it's credit to the players.
"You couldn't tell who had the money and who didn't out there.

"David Moyes has had to throw his big guns on because I think he thought it wasn slipping away, and Tim Cahill has popped up and won it for him."

Everton assistant manager Alan Irvine:
"Tim Cahill's got a fantastic knack of being in the right place at the right time
"When the ball finds him in those places he's composed enough to find the net and he's very important for us.

"In the first half we were very disappointed with our performance but we got the result."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luton: Brill, Goodall, Perry, Coyne, Fojut, Bell, Currie (Morgan 104), Robinson, Spring, Furlong (Andrew 20), Edwards (McVeigh 104).
Subs Not Used: Hutchison, Jackson.

Booked: Fojut, Perry.

Everton: Wessels, Lescott, Stubbs, Jagielka, Nuno Valente, Neville, Pienaar (Gravesen 94), Osman, Carsley, McFadden (Vaughan 71), Anichebe (Cahill 77).
Subs Not Used: Howard, Yakubu.

Booked: Cahill.

Goals: Cahill 101.

Att: 8,944

Ref: Steve Tanner (Somerset).

why everton , tell me more!
Do you speak to me? Well....I love Everton because....I don't know really...I love it!! Stop!!! I choose Everton in every footbal games.: Football Manager, Pes, Fifa... I watch every Everton's match in streaming :-D
Sorry for my english!!! I LOVE TOFFEES

Do you speak to me? Well....I love Everton because....I don't know really...I love it!! Stop!!! I choose Everton in every footbal games.: Football Manager, Pes, Fifa... I watch every Everton's match in streaming :-D
Sorry for my english!!! I LOVE TOFFEES

hmmmm interesting still id rather be dead than red!!!!

Everton 3 Brum 1

Easy 3 points again but left it late , Lee Carsley , you Beauty!!!:applause:

ty.jpg

Dont act like your not impressed! vanzandt you know where im coming from haha COme on You Blue Boys, Carsley was class act on sat!

bring on the germans

Chicken :lol:

No chicken, Turkey mate, mountains of the bastard stuff and vast quantities of pies, ale :oink:

It all costs as do all the presents and as much as I would love to either put Christmas on hold or have a windfall of cash; it isn't gonna happen.

So not much footy for me apart from that seen on the box :(

Yeah I know mate, just wanted to say something really childish lol... Christmas is a cunt when it comes to football.

Have had to take out a loan to cover Christmas expenses while I wait for some backdated pay in my new job!

Yeah I know mate, just wanted to say something really childish lol... Christmas is a cunt when it comes to football.

Have had to take out a loan to cover Christmas expenses while I wait for some backdated pay in my new job!

Haha nice one mate, on the first paragraph I mean. Tough stuff on the second one, pain int he ass isn't it.

I tell you what came into my head though that I though would be genius. Could you imagine Trevor Brooking say what you just said about Christmas on match of the day.

Lineker- So Trevor how do you see this.

Brooking- Christmas is a cunt when it comes to football. :lol::lol:

Cue picture of Daniel Levy with snow :lmao:

Christmas is a cunt when it comes to football, especially out here on the fence :lol:

Oh, I know it's off topic, but....

EVENING STANDARD (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the centre of a London courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to T*tenham Hotspur Football Club whom the boy firmly believes are incapable of beating anyone.

Nice One Steevio mate, I was strung along till the punchline as well cause I have just come back from the pub.

I might have been sharper and seen it coming if not for the ale...then again Hehe nice1m8 :)

Absolutely made up \\:o/

Top performance away from home from the lads:applause::applause:

That is the best we have played in Europe this year.

Impressed by how we controlled the ball.

Pienar's work rate and defensive contribution added to the other side of his game made him brilliant tonight.

Lescott and Yobo were utterly dominent, Valente did great coming into such a big game.

Arteta was brilliant at holding the ball up and either moving it on or inducing a foul, but had was unusually poor from free kicks...but then steps up for the penalty and hits it with great composure.

Neville was decent at right back and is a better option than Hibbert. Carsely had great dicipline and we pass it much better by having just one defensive midfielder in the centre.

Yakubu worked hard and is getting better, Cahill was great early on but naturally tired towards the end...

But Anichebe\\:o/

Anichebe is unplayable at the moment absolutely amazing. I know people on channel 5 are saying super sub, but for me I say stick him on at the start cause I think he can do that at the start of a match.

Moyes didn't go for any mad tactics, made sound decisions all-round and it showed.

The only time I was worried was the Pienar dummmie (should save it for the final third of the pitch and the odd time Osman was left in the middle covering for Carsley.

Made-up Hehe

And I can't quite understand how we are suddenly coming up with the odd bit of brilliant one touch stuff in the last few games....we're getting a touch Brazilian now and then Haha

2-0 away another fnatastic efc night in europe, bring on the pool in the knockout stages.

oh and big vic is a beast, COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously made up for the lads , very controlled and professional display away in germany , great athmosphere in the stadium and did you check out all the efc flags all over the place , great night for a great team...

Tiny AND Tiny 2

tiny2.jpg

Get In..

nichebe.jpg

champs.jpg

Majestic Arteta

arteta.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom