EURO 2012 DLC Pack

Re: No Euro Game From EA

Interesting. Wonder who they hire to make it and what it will be like.

TBH FIFA is very good, doubt they will better it for a 1st time footy game.

My guess is they'll make it as cheaply as possible and it'll be shite, either way I have zero interest in a Euro game so don't care either way!

EA probably arent releasing Euros because Fifa is still doing ok and they have fifa street coming out.

FIFA World Cup 2010 was the only tournament title I’ve ever played and agree it was miles better than previous standard FIFA titles before it. I think FIFA12 has since moved on however and is the far superior game.

Having WC2010 and FIFA12 as my two favourite FIFA titles is quite funny because there’s one common denominator: Simon Humber. He headed up the team that made WC2010 and was heavily involved with FIFA12, particularly the Career Mode. I think his presence in the tournament games made a huge difference, but now he’s on board with the ‘main’ game, I don’t see any issues with just having a FIFA13 and no Euro game.

That said, it is annoying that you can't do international tournaments in FIFA12. Does it have to be licenced? Konami did a proper World Cup in their PS2 games, complete with the proper trophy in their celebtration cut scenes, but it wasn't called 'FIFA World Cup' or anything, so I'm guessing that wasn't licenced. Can't EA just add this as DLC for the Euros?

Interesting, although being Wikipedia I'll take this with a pinch of salt.

Regardless, a third developer on the football game scene can only be a good thing, even if the game is shit. It probably will be. Pure Football anyone?

It's a good thing in principle, but I agree it'll most likely be shit. Seeing as all they'll have is the Euro Licence I'm assuming it's a one-off game. And if it's a one-off, it'll look to cash in on the European Championships and most likely do it on the cheap.

I think it's great that another football game is coming out, but I won't expect it to have any of the features or polish the current FIFA games have. I'd see this as more promising if they were planning an actual series of games to rival the two we get every year, rather than a one-off game.

It's a good thing in principle, but I agree it'll most likely be shit. Seeing as all they'll have is the Euro Licence I'm assuming it's a one-off game. And if it's a one-off, it'll look to cash in on the European Championships and most likely do it on the cheap.

I think it's great that another football game is coming out, but I won't expect it to have any of the features or polish the current FIFA games have. I'd see this as more promising if they were planning an actual series of games to rival the two we get every year, rather than a one-off game.

I'll probably pick it up unless it's completely shit. I think it's important to support a new developer trying to break into the football market. The current football game duopoly is very boring.

Well how many good footy games do we need.

I ised to play only PES until PES6...Now I play only fifa 12.

Worst period was like your 09-11 when I was playing pes+FIFA at same time as wasnt sure which I enjoyed more.

I prefer having only 1 footy game to play...1 to master, 1 to learn, 1 to do many seasons in etc....rather than back and forth.

Though yeh if another new/great one came out I wouldnt complain

Well how many good footy games do we need.

I ised to play only PES until PES6...Now I play only fifa 12.

Worst period was like your 09-11 when I was playing pes+FIFA at same time as wasnt sure which I enjoyed more.

I prefer having only 1 footy game to play...1 to master, 1 to learn, 1 to do many seasons in etc....rather than back and forth.

Though yeh if another new/great one came out I wouldnt complain

Yeah, but it's good to have a choice. I'd welcome any new developer onto the footie game scene. It would only be a good thing for the genre. The greater the competition, the more is at stake to improve.

I don't know how old you are but I remember the Amiga days when we had five or six credible football games to play. Granted, only a couple were decent, but the football game scene was much more healthy than it is now.

Having only two football games is fine if you like at least one of them. But when they both suck you start to lament the fact that there is nothing else to turn to.

Look at Madden - no competition since NFL2K5 was forced out due to the NFL agreeing an exclusive license with EA. There's nothing to drive the Madden series on. It's got a captive audience and doesn't need to evolve or make radical changes. And it hasn't.

Yeah, but it's good to have a choice. I'd welcome any new developer onto the footie game scene. It would only be a good thing for the genre. The greater the competition, the more is at stake to improve.

I don't know how old you are but I remember the Amiga days when we had five or six credible football games to play. Granted, only a couple were decent, but the football game scene was much more healthy than it is now.

Having only two football games is fine if you like at least one of them. But when they both suck you start to lament the fact that there is nothing else to turn to.

Look at Madden - no competition since NFL2K5 was forced out due to the NFL agreeing an exclusive license with EA. There's nothing to drive the Madden series on. It's got a captive audience and doesn't need to evolve or make radical changes. And it hasn't.

Yeh I do see the point and the pros..there was once

actua soccer
ISS
FIFA
kick off
Striker
UEfa champions league
Sensible soccer

all out about the same time and all playable...It is good.

I think though that to have 1 amazing football game is fine though. I mean 1998-2005 I only played PES and those were the glory video gaming football days.

So, yeh variety is nice. But I still seek and would enjoy to play the perfect game.

And off course with battles for real licenses, teams, kits etc..EA always will have that. So its best that they also make the most playable game for us.

Mildly disappointed with this news. WC 2010 and EURO 2008 are probably my favourite iterations of the game, unashamedly arcade-minded but bags of fun. The online mode in WC 2010 especially was fantastic, incorporated a mock World Cup with groups stages + knock-out, had great fun testing how far I could get with the likes of Slovakia and the Congo. You'd even get matched up with a variety of opposition, only being forced to play the same team (Spain) twice in the competition. Most of all the sound and atmosphere is 10x any other football game, and something Konami have failed to get right for the best part of a decade now.

This new entrant won't be worth a second look at a guess, they've had nowhere near enough time to develop a complex enough engine. It'd be akin to those naff Olympic games that get rolled out as cash in.

And of course Adam is talking absolute nonsense. EA may be making a loss but it won't be from FIFA, which is disgustingly as popular as the likes of COD and BF for the moron masses.

yeh the whole presentation of WC2010 is amazing...A real great pacakge sadly the gameplay is now dated compared to fifa 12

Mildly disappointed with this news. WC 2010 and EURO 2008 are probably my favourite iterations of the game, unashamedly arcade-minded but bags of fun. The online mode in WC 2010 especially was fantastic, incorporated a mock World Cup with groups stages + knock-out, had great fun testing how far I could get with the likes of Slovakia and the Congo. You'd even get matched up with a variety of opposition, only being forced to play the same team (Spain) twice in the competition. Most of all the sound and atmosphere is 10x any other football game, and something Konami have failed to get right for the best part of a decade now.

This new entrant won't be worth a second look at a guess, they've had nowhere near enough time to develop a complex enough engine. It'd be akin to those naff Olympic games that get rolled out as cash in.

And of course Adam is talking absolute nonsense. EA may be making a loss but it won't be from FIFA, which is disgustingly as popular as the likes of COD and BF for the moron masses.

Well, they are putting LOTS into marketing for those games, this is probably were the loss comes from.. so it includes FIFA as well.. so I guess we'll see them reducing this a bit or maybe as well drop some licenses though I think those aren't really expensive in comparison.

Well, they are putting LOTS into marketing for those games, this is probably were the loss comes from.. so it includes FIFA as well.. so I guess we'll see them reducing this a bit or maybe as well drop some licenses though I think those aren't really expensive in comparison.

All of these things will remain intact. It'd be other EA titles that would suffer, not FIFA.

I think it's great in all fronts. EA will focus on FIFA 13, and maybe WB and Double Helix will get enough money from this first venture to go ahead and make a yearly title to compete with Konami and EA.

What have the Double Helix team produced that is noteworthy? Hopefully the game will be good, and if not, we didn't lose anything. But if it's surprisingly good, we might be in for a treat and hopefully a third party to break the duopoly of football games.

What have the Double Helix team produced that is noteworthy? Hopefully the game will be good, and if not, we didn't lose anything. But if it's surprisingly good, we might be in for a treat and hopefully a third party to break the duopoly of football games.

Looks as if the only game they have done that's really good is the original Earthworm Jim

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/games

Doesn't bode well.

Sacrifice was a great game. Enter The Matrix was decent as well. Seem like they have a number of 'cash-ins' though, in the vein of games co-inciding with film releases.

Looks as if the only game they have done that's really good is the original Earthworm Jim

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/games

Doesn't bode well.

Earthworm Jim was done by a guy who eventually ending up doing a video game TV show a few years after that game came out. Forget his name now but if that's all they got I guess I'll be playing FIFA 12 until 13 comes along so long as they improve upon this year's game. I ain't paying 65 bucks for a roster update and this game is good enough to keep me going.

I thought the license was for all the tat they sell to go with the tournament, im sure something similar happened with the euro 2008 game. Im expecting to hear something after FIFA street is out.

Back
Top Bottom