EURO 2012 DLC Pack

Flaw3d Genius

Banned
12 October 2011
Glasgow
The Rangers
According to Adam of WENB

Just heard some interesting News that EA does not get the UEFA License for the Euro Championship Poland/Ukraine in the Summer.

The license goes to Warner Corp...dont know what that really means...

But when i read other News that EA is still making Big Loss as they were doing the last years i am wondering if there will be only 1 Company in the future that is developing Football Games ;)

I would appriciate it. How long can EA stand those numbers:

For the quarter ended Dec. 31, EA reported a loss of $205 million, or 62 cents a share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $322 million, or 97 cents a share.

Revenue edged up 0.8% to $1.06 billion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: No Euro Game From EA

Well personally I'm very happy about that because they will focus on Fifa13 and that's what interests me most.

Am I wrong or is Adam gloating that EA might stop making Football games all together? How nice to say such things about a company that has supported their blog so much, how many flights/accommodations and other expenses have EA paid to get FSB members out to Vancouver and other places again?

Was kinda hoping that a Euro Game would see some fresh input and staff working on additions that could be incorporated into Fifa 13 (i.e. much more players with real faces or match enhancements like mud/pitch wear/animated subs or camera men) and would benefit us all long term..

Well personally I'm very happy about that because they will focus on Fifa13 and that's what interests me most.

Am I wrong or is Adam gloating that EA might stop making Football games all together? How nice to say such things about a company that has supported their blog so much, how many flights/accommodations and other expenses have EA paid to get FSB members out to Vancouver and other places again?

The thing is usually the Euro/WC games play better.

Well he works for Konami now and is having huge impact on PES 2013 so having only 1 football game would certainly benefit him more than EA helping out FSB.

I don't think we'll see FIFA finishing up any time soon, in terms of sales it's up there with the biggest franchises around. Methinks Adam is talking rubbish again...

I'm with Placebo on this, I think it's good news for FIFA13. Perhaps some of their resources are also being put into developing for the next gen consoles? I think we'll see a new engine by the time they come out.

Last edited:

Wherever you see game charts FIFA is in it, even months after the release.
The last years it also got (rightly so) very good reviews, i don't see why EA should stop making that game unless they would go bust...which seems improbable to me.

If this Adam guy is working for Konami, then he is not behaving very ethical. Anyway, i used to be a huge fan of PES, but the last one is a big step backwards from last year...maybe he should concentrate on making a better game instead of righting things like that...

As for a Euro game, i would not have bought it.I too prefer that the development team concentrates on FIFA13.

On a plus point we now have a 3rd company making a football game or so it seems....anyone know what other games Warner Corp do?

Only thing bad about this is the Euro stadiums that can't be converted to PES.

Well he works for Konami now and is having huge impact on PES 2013 so having only 1 football game would certainly benefit him more than EA helping out FSB.

Then he shouldn't be part of FSB which is supposed to represent Fifa. It's bad enough that whilst employed by Ubisoft he spent so much time sucking up to Konami to try to get a job with them.

I'm a little disappointed if this is true. The EA tournament games are much better than the FIFA titles....in my opinion anyway.

It's quite surprising really, that such as major tournament won't have a spin-off football game accompanying it. When did that last happen?

I guess FIFA Street is where EA have invested their efforts instead. It is a shame though, as Jamez said their tournament games tend to be very good, and have the licence (literally) to put focus on different areas to the standard game.

Almost wonder if there'll be an expansion pack for FIFA 12? Not sure how feasible that is.

As for the idea of EA dropping out of making football games - pahaha. FIFA makes a killing for EA - any losses they're making are on other titles. If and when FIFA starts operating at a loss, we have something to talk about here.

FIFA pretty much props up the rest of EA. Titles such as Battlefield probably do the same to a lesser extent but without FIFA there is no EA. So there's no danger of FIFA disappearing any time soon.

I wonder, though, if this means that EA will look to cut back on expensive licensing deals? This could be good news for the sports game genre as a whole.

4 points from me after reading all this.

1. EA making losses? But FIFA is one of biggest sellign games along with yearly additions of Madden, Tiger etc....makes no sense to me?

2. Warner Bros gonna make a Euro 2012 game? Wtf..they will use EA/FIFA staff or something?

3. FIFA 12 could easily release a DLC with euro 2012 tourney + stadiums etc..Id iamgine? If worhtwhile?

4. mmm..Im fogetful I alwyas forget something lol....maybe ill remember my 4th point/questionl8r?

They could still do an unlicensed DLC similar to how they have the European competitions in Career Mode despite not having the licenses.

It also depends what the license is for. Could just be the license for a standalone game.

Why not? EFA and ECC or whatever they're called are unlicensed but to me feel as much as an official tournament as I care about such things.

Why not? EFA and ECC or whatever they're called are unlicensed but to me feel as much as an official tournament as I care about such things.

yeh they are identical just without offical names/logos.

however Would fifa be able to make the Euro 2012 stadiums/venues etc?

Yeah but they are in the game already, Would you pay to have the Dummy Champions league license if it was not in the game but was DLC? Not a chance i would.

Yeah but they are in the game already, Would you pay to have the Dummy Champions league license if it was not in the game but was DLC? Not a chance i would.

But that's not what we're saying, we're talking about if EA create a "pretend" national tournament mode as DLC with numerous new National teams which integrates into the game as a faux European Championship perhaps with all new "national team specific" commentary. Unless I'm missing your point? :)

But at end of day you can create your own euro 2012 by making a custom toruney unless not all euro teams are in the game? I think most are though?

But what made the other game like Wc2010 cool was all the sstadiums, the S.African crowd noises, the confetti on the pitch etc..etc...the scenarios u can replay etc....they cant do all that without a license?

Scenarios you just do as national teams, ie "in 1996 England faced Germany, recreate the last 10 minutes and try to avoid penalties" etc etc

I think EA got it right:

-eurocup does not have the world appeal of the world cup
-In the first months of 2012 game data say market is pretty low, people buy less and more carefully. so a specific tournament is a bit risky
- HB studios make this kinda game, so u gotta pay an external company
- Fifa 12 is still selling strong and looking like it's gonna keep a good pace till summer.

Euro 2000 sold 1.2, south africa 2.7. Probably the figure they would not sell more than a 1 million, the critical point for making profit. so they quite correctly gave up. license, poor market, external developer did not give them a profit (most likely).

I agree that the euro cup is obvs not as big as world cup so maybe thats the main reason they aint so botherd?

Back
Top Bottom