eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Has anyone been able to have a go at the Spanish 2nd division kits yet please. Would enjoy starting off a Master League campaign with one of these teams. Thanks in advance.

Hi Evoweb mates ,after two hours of hard work I've made a video showing what has messed after patch:

Everything it's related to offline experience. The major part of the points showed there, are AI behaviours, so maybe online players haven't noticed it at all.

Enjoy if you can, or at least share it whatever you want to make all this stuff bringed back.

Lets go Pes elitists!! Go to fight for our rights!!

And thanks :TU:

True just really upset at this moment that online thing I can do online is 3 vs 3. With 1 Com on my team. Why would anybody want that
Hi pal, yes and no.
You can play coop but it’s random whether you get vs 1.2.3 players on a team.
The efootball name is a joke because you get paired with my club teams. Against one guy who has Messi, Ronaldo etc and the cpu playing the other two roles. It’s also regional locked so unless you have the same game from the same region, you can’t pair up on the same team online. Luckily it’s great for offline this year but online has always been a structured mess.

So yes, you can have just two but others may have 3 or 1. I know, bobbins

Right, @Chuny, @Chris Davies, here it is:

'Skills for-players-with-two-left-feet #1' :D

Before you start, turn on auto-feint, if it isn't on already. Yes, it locks you out of certain skills, but we're not doing them anyway so it doesn't matter.

We're going to do ONE skill - Double Touch.

This is both incredibly useful, and incredibly easy. I use this skill a LOT, not just because of its usefulness, but because a huge amount of players can actually do it. I don't even bother checking to see if they have the skill move in their traits list, because even if they don't have it, a lot of players can still do it, the animation is just slightly different and a bit slower.

I'm going to assume you're shooting from left to right.

#1 Basic Use
So, while facing the opponent:

Hold arrows, up, arrow, navigation, direction, upload, top icon icon.png on the right stick (or down.png)
and without letting go, also press right.png on the left stick, and the player will do this:
ezgif-3-9604aa10dca8.gif

Simple right?

#2 Advanced Use
What makes this skill really good is that it's equally as useful whether you're moving, or standing still.

So, let's say you're moving away from your opponent's goal, and a defender is on your back... you can press L1 to turn and face the goal, then use this skill to beat the player who's putting pressure on you, like this:
ezgif-3-b39469c0cdec.gif
Again, simple right?

#3 Pro Use
Lastly, you can do this skill while you're using the finesse dribble, without having to let go of the right stick.

So, let's say you're moving in a up-right.png direction using finesse dribble.
Once a player get's near you, press down right.png on the left stick, and away you go, like this:

ezgif-3-bc84199268c3.gif

You can even spam the hell out of it and beat a second player immediately after as I have done :D

I hope this helps, because I cannot explain it any better than this! :LOL:

Honestly though, go into a game on Regular difficulty with PSG, and just spam this trick with everyone until you'll get the hang of it. You'll notice that their defenders do it slowly, players like Di Maria should be good at it, and Neymar (along with Thiago) have their own unique animation for the skill, so PSG or Bayern are a good choice to use so you can see the different animations for it.

Let me know how you get on!!

Last edited:
I fucking don't care if they fix everything and bring back the demo magic with a future update.
I just want the possiblity to get 1.0 and I'm happy with that. Should be easy to do even for a retarded company like konami.

They won't fix anything, I learned enough from the past years, the same shit again and again when the demo is a superior version of the retail game in many aspects of the gameplay

PES' color palette is completely off this year.
I've been inspecting and trying to edit the LUT (Color Look Up Table) the same way I've done for the past 3 years, but this time the LUT texture is HDR for the first time, being a 33x33x33 texture (just like in FIFA!) but it's not working as expected.

Hey Chuny, I managed to modify some LUTs for PES 2019 after reading up on your tutorial. Thanks for sharing. In 2019 the colors were completely washed out however now in 2020 everything is over saturated, at least in the demo. Red and yellow kits look horrible, they make my eyes bleed.

I played around with the LUTs I found in dt30 in PES 2020 demo. I managed to export .dds into Photoshop using the Intel plugin and I get pretty much the same LUT as in CGPE Explorer. However as you have probably noticed they changed the LUT format. Can you tell me what settings are you using to save the modified LUT? I've tried a bunch of options/formats but none of them were right so I wasn't able to import the modified .dds back into the .cpk. Thanks.

Before you start, turn on auto-feint, if it isn't on already. Yes, it locks you out of certain skills, but we're not doing them anyway so it doesn't matter.

This is both incredibly useful, and incredibly easy. I use this skill a LOT, not just because of its usefulness, but because a huge amount of players can actually do it. I don't even bother checking to see if they have the skill move in their traits list, because even if they don't have it, a lot of players can still do it, the animation is just slightly different and a bit slower.

#1 Basic Use

Hold View attachment 19610 on the right stick (or View attachment 19611)
and without letting go, also press View attachment 19612 on the left stick, and the player will do this:
ezgif-3-9604aa10dca8.gif

Simple right?

#2 Advanced Use
What makes this skill really good is that it's equally as useful whether you're moving, or standing still.

So, let's say you're moving away from your opponent's goal, and a defender is on your back... you can press L1 to turn and face the goal, then use this skill to beat the player who's putting pressure on you, like this:
ezgif-3-b39469c0cdec.gif
Again, simple right?

#3 Pro Use
Lastly, you can do this skill while you're using the finesse dribble, without having to let go of the right stick.

So, let's say you're moving in a View attachment 19615 direction using finesse dribble.
Once a player get's near you, press View attachment 19614 on the left stick, and away you go, like this:

ezgif-3-bc84199268c3.gif

You can even spam the hell out of it and beat a second player immediately after as I have done :D

Honestly though, go into a game on Regular difficulty with PSG, and just spam this trick with everyone until you'll get the hang of it. You'll notice that their defenders do it slowly, players like Di Maria should be good at it, and Neymar (along with Thiago) have their own unique animation for the skill, so PSG or Bayern are a good choice to use so you can see the different animations for it.

Great tutorial mate

I fucking don't care if they fix everything and bring back the demo magic with a future update.
I just want the possiblity to get 1.0 and I'm happy with that. Should be easy to do even for a ******ed company like konami.

They won't fix anything, I learned enough from the past years, the same shit again and again when the demo is a superior version of the retail game in many aspects of the gameplay

Have you tried bumping the speed down to - 1 plays a lot like the demo (minus the fouls)

#1 Basic Use

and without letting go, also press View attachment 19612 on the left stick, and the player will do this:
ezgif-3-9604aa10dca8.gif

Simple right?

#2 Advanced Use

ezgif-3-b39469c0cdec.gif
Again, simple right?

#3 Pro Use

So, let's say you're moving in a View attachment 19615 direction using finesse dribble.
Once a player get's near you, press View attachment 19614 on the left stick, and away you go, like this:

ezgif-3-bc84199268c3.gif

Very nice man! You should definitely do more tutorials!

Does it make sense to apply the Pesuniverse OF and start an ML? Or should we wait for a future update?
It's fine, but I would personally wait for a full option file where all fake players have been renamed/replaced. PES Universe already added placeholders for the the two fake leagues left which they'll overwrite with Liga MX and J League. Besides that I believe they haven't touched national teams yet, so also a good amount of fake and duplicate players in there.

Hey Chuny, I managed to modify some LUTs for PES 2019 after reading up on your tutorial. Thanks for sharing. In 2019 the colors were completely washed out however now in 2020 everything is over saturated, at least in the demo. Red and yellow kits look horrible, they make my eyes bleed.

I played around with the LUTs I found in dt30 in PES 2020 demo. I managed to export .dds into Photoshop using the Intel plugin and I get pretty much the same LUT as in CGPE Explorer. However as you have probably noticed they changed the LUT format. Can you tell me what settings are you using to save the modified LUT? I've tried a bunch of options/formats but none of them were right so I wasn't able to import the modified .dds back into the .cpk. Thanks.

Terrific!
Let's move on via PM, my friend :D

If your club is missing a player who was out on loan last season check the free agents. I've seen a couple in there that have been moved to free agents rather than back to the parent club.

I have to admit I was a bit saddened scrolling through the free agents with loads of players I grew up watching in there due to retirement.

Hi pal, yes and no.
You can play coop but it’s random whether you get vs 1.2.3 players on a team.
The efootball name is a joke because you get paired with my club teams. Against one guy who has Messi, Ronaldo etc and the cpu playing the other two roles. It’s also regional locked so unless you have the same game from the same region, you can’t pair up on the same team online. Luckily it’s great for offline this year but online has always been a structured mess.

So yes, you can have just two but others may have 3 or 1. I know, bobbins

Thank the lords and ladies. Him and @Tom had me worried there a moment.

Reactions: Tom
Hey, you people do realize that turf, grass, is yellow...fluorescent yellow.
My biggest problem in life right now. It is killing me.

Why are they think that Fluorescent Yellow turf -is-the-thing??
Sooo annoying.

#1 Basic Use

ezgif-3-9604aa10dca8.gif

Simple right?

#2 Advanced Use

ezgif-3-b39469c0cdec.gif
Again, simple right?

#3 Pro Use

ezgif-3-bc84199268c3.gif

That was great!
I'm going to try it as soon as I can-
Keep 'em coming!

Hey, you people do realize that turf, grass, is yellow...fluorescent yellow.
My biggest problem in life right now. It is killing me.

Why are they think that Fluorescent Yellow turf -is-the-thing??
Sooo annoying.
I hear you. Had to completely reset and edit my picture settings myself, but it became better after doing so.

ffs just picked it up as many of you seem happy with it.
My rational is that if i dont like it after a week ill trade it in for fifa as thats usually my goto footie game.

I finally started a Master League earlier seeing as I've now I've got the transfer update and I've installed the Option Files.

Really enjoying it so far, Super Star isn't as ridiculous as when I first played this on release, probably because I'm taking my time a little more and not trying to play it like PES 2019.

There are so many cool little touches and additions this year, very subtle but they're there. And the CPU is no way as powerful/ridiculous in Master League as it was in PES 2019 and 2018.

I've seen so many examples of physicality and getting your body between the ball and the opposition player.

I enjoyed this goal I score in the pre-season ICC tournament against Real Madrid. I was double tapping the sprint button which is why my striker takes the poor touch but he recovers, holds off the Real Madrid defender and slots it away.

Really nice, natural looking goal that you couldn't have scored in PES 2019 Master League on Super Star, not a chance:

I finally started a Master League earlier seeing as I've now I've got the transfer update and I've installed the Option Files.

Really enjoying it so far, Super Star isn't as ridiculous as when I first played this on release, probably because I'm taking my time a little more and not trying to play it like PES 2019.

There are so many cool little touches and additions this year, very subtle but they're there. And the CPU is no way as powerful/ridiculous in Master League as it was in PES 2019 and 2018.

I've seen so many examples of physicality and getting your body between the ball and the opposition player.

I enjoyed this goal I score in the pre-season ICC tournament against Real Madrid. I was double tapping the sprint button which is why my striker takes the poor touch but he recovers, holds off the Real Madrid defender and slots it away.

Really nice, natural looking goal that you couldn't have scored in PES 2019 Master League on Super Star, not a chance:

Fun right!
Enjoy it mate.
We fucking deserve this!

Nobody has answer to my post. If I can't play with a friend guest against people online without Com then the whole game is ruined for me
I am not 100% sure, but there was something you can do with the Clans, dynasty, or whatever name the "guilds" in coop have.
Since you setp up the members i think you choose how many members you play , i mean for your team, you can't control the opponent team comparison. IE: 2+cpu VS 3 or, 2vs2, 3vs3 , 2vs3 etc.

Last edited:
Dudes and dudettes - what are the image dimensions for the press/media stuff that goes in the background (I can't remember what the proper name for them is, I just noticed we can add up to 3 images.)

Back
Top Bottom