eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

First i need to get the overview. Where are we in terms of option files? Full Bundesliga? Licensed Serie B? (what is happening there btw?)

- If we're ready.. It will be Milan or Brescia.

If we're not quite there i will try out South America and have som fun in Master League.
It's pretty tough,I'm having a really hard season with Genoa (15th place in January)
Might restart now after the live update and roster changes.

This is where the the reduced physicality proves to be the wrong choice from Konami. In the demo you could jostle & fight for the ball in tight spaces & the dribbling & player agility was much better. Often you squeeze out of a tight spot either by sheer force & physicality , nimble footwork or both.

That's all gone now in favour of the CPU mindlessly barging you off the ball & nearly always picking up the loose ball whilst your player stumbles around like an *****. Demo was far more random unpredictable & fair.
Collisions & player weight were so much more dynamic, it's completely on rails now & not in your favour.

This is spot on.

Edit: in online divisions this is the exact same case.

I'm gonna get slaughtered for this, but... I had to up the speed to +1 and liked it better.
Playing with Stadium Camera Zoom: 1, Height: 2, Angle: 10.

Mate i wanted to do that in the demo. I havent got the full game but if its as sluggish as the demo i cant play it.

How is it on plus 1?

Enjoy mate! It's good this year you'll love it. I'm starting my Milan save later.

I'm feeling dangerous sure that i will.... Thanks mate!

It's pretty tough,I'm having a really hard season with Genoa (15th place in January)
Might restart now after the live update and roster changes.

Nice mate. Genoa has a lot of danes this year ;-). Great team. We just miss Luigi Ferraris!

Has the PESUniverse the Bundesliga?

If you ever achieve this... PLEASE let me know and/or give me a live dribbling tutorial. For dummies.

I absolutely suck at dribbling.

Noted!
Unresponsiveness in PES 2020 is a thing, for sure. And it's part of its charm in a way. But when it comes to dribbling or finesse dribbling, I think it's working against itself.

For example, I was playing a friendly as ManCity against Liverpool, Bernardo Silva crossed the ball (low) to Aguero who controls it perfectly and is now in between Van Dijk and Matip. And I know they are great CBs so I had to think and perform in a hearbeat, but... I felt helpless, totally useless and slugged down. In real life, given the same type of situation, Aguero would of probably shielded the ball and then make a quick turn and shoot, all with the same move. But there is no way for me to do this in PES. All I could do was pass it back to one of my AMF (David Silva or De Bruyne) and... lose the momentum.

Guys, could you clarify me, if I install the PES Universe option file (mainly the Bundesliga) after today konami update, the game will be ok or will be a mess?
Can I install this today or should I wait for a new version of PES Universe OF?

Thanks!

Mate i wanted to do that in the demo. I havent got the full game but if its as sluggish as the demo i cant play it.

How is it on plus 1?

It's...... quicker. :P

Nah, jokes aside... it feels better to me, specially if you're playing with a zoomed-out camera like I am.
If you play with a closer one, it might feel too quick.

See, cameras and game speed go hand in hand.

I’ve now gone over to the patched game..The pes universe option file was to tempting and I wanted the transfers and live updates...

I think the issues I had with post patch was the imported data I was using..Someone must of been having a laugh and just maxed out player speed and passing acceleration.

Overall I think the slight changes are for the better..Player control isn’t as stiff and gameplay is much more dynamic in the last third(runs and movement)..I’m seeing all the miscontrol and bad touch still..

Noted!
Unresponsiveness in PES 2020 is a thing, for sure. And it's part of its charm in a way. But when it comes to dribbling or finesse dribbling, I think it's working against itself.

For example, I was playing a friendly as ManCity against Liverpool, Bernardo Silva crossed the ball (low) to Aguero who's now in between Van Dijk and Matip. And I know they are great CBs, but I felt helpless, totally useless and slugged down. In real life, given the same type of situation, Aguero would of probably shielded the ball and then make a quick turn and shoot, all with the same move. But there is no way for me to do this in PES. All I could do was pass it back to one of my AMF (David Silva or De Bruyne) and... lose the momentum.
Cannot agree with this HARD ENOUGH, my man.

PES's response times make you feel like your players are on heavy medication, sometimes. Countless times I've had to watch my defender just stand still and watch someone run past, and (more frustratingly) I've had an opportunity to shoot, pressed shoot, and waaaayyyyy beyond the player "setting himself" he's just carried on jogging and let the defender walk off with the ball. Infuriating.

There has to be a sweet-spot between this and FIFA's "you want me to shoot boss, I'll break my leg in two and kick through this guy's torso to make sure I shoot, I'd do anything for you".

But I don't think the engine can cope. I think what we're seeing is the best that this current engine can do (on all fronts). PES's hallmarks (no shot variety, sluggish mechanics etc.) are so frustrating.

I think the issues I had with post patch was the imported data I was using..Someone must of been having a laugh and just maxed out player speed and passing acceleration.
.......I bet you a million quid they weren't. What would be the point?

Some things really vary - I played a game as Liverpool v Norwich and HATED how fast it was, then played as Burnley v West Ham and couldn't believe the difference. It was a patch's worth of difference, almost.

I think that's the problem.

But there are definitely some things missing from the demo, I can't deny. Fouls. AI dribblers actually dribbling. AI *occasionally* hitting through-balls to wingers etc. rather than just lumping it to the striker over and over again. They're my big three.

This is where the the reduced physicality proves to be the wrong choice from Konami. In the demo you could jostle & fight for the ball in tight spaces & the dribbling & player agility was much better. Often you squeeze out of a tight spot either by sheer force & physicality , nimble footwork or both.

That's all gone now in favour of the CPU mindlessly barging you off the ball & nearly always picking up the loose ball whilst your player stumbles around like an *****. Demo was far more random unpredictable & fair.
Collisions & player weight were so much more dynamic, it's completely on rails now & not in your favour.
ok scripting confirmed then

fck konami seriously.

I’ve now gone over to the patched game..The pes universe option file was to tempting and I wanted the transfers and live updates...

Overall I think the slight changes are for the better..Player control isn’t as stiff and gameplay is much more dynamic in the last third(runs and movement)..I’m seeing all the miscontrol and bad touch still..

I used to think that I was indecisive but now I am not so sure :P

I used to think that I was indecisive but now I am not so sure :P

Even brought two versions for two formats..

Been playing the post version a lot all day..

The gains outweigh the slight reduction in physicality..

That said I’ve still seen all the hold up play,shielding and lighter players shrugging players off..I don’t think it’s all your easily pushed off the ball now..

There’s also a few annoyances in the demo and version 1.0 that Konami rightly tweaked out..

Happy days!

Right I'm all edited. I've got the licensed leagues plus Premier League, Sky Bet, Serie B, Bundesliga...

All you've got to do is use the free version of the PES Universe OF and then add the other file that @LeChuck kindly linked me to.

Can't wait to get started now.

Right I'm all edited. I've got the licensed leagues plus Premier League, Sky Bet, Serie B, Bundesliga...

All you've got to do is use the free version of the PES Universe OF and then add the other file that @LeChuck kindly linked me to.

Can't wait to get started now.

Are you excited?

I played quite a few games yesterday on PS4 Pro (heh, the broken one is still there will try to get my money back soon since warranty is valid) and honestly, I think it's different, but I'm still okay with it. Professional for now, with various assistance settings.

Played exhibition and league games with San Marino and Poland. Stats difference is finally noticeable. Games between one star teams (*) are always a horrible struggle to get something, anything right. Swapping to Poland I would win without even trying. Then I had that badass Poland - Germany clash on VELTINS Arena won 3-2 after extra time. I actually got hacked by someone (Boateng?) and that someone got a red card!! It was a counterattack with Grosicki speeding away and barging inside the box from the left side.

What I found amazing about that match was how well both teams are represented. Germany is extremely dangerous everywhere, they were pressing me all the damn time. But, especially after red card, they were very vulnerable to counterattacks, which is our national football strength since at least late 60s :D Poland is exactly like the IRL one - badass in the goal and up front and painfully mediocre in between :ROCK: I still managed to win using Grosicki's only quality - his speed - and Lewandowski's finishing. Szczesny (Chesney) stopped Werner & Co at least ten times and there we go - typical 2010s Poland :COP:

I am conflicted with assistance settings. I cant master Advanced Shooting, even with all the advice posted here. Manual pisses me off sometimes. Basic is too...basic :D With passing I'm between PA0, which feels very realistic and demands extra attention but also it's super difficult for me to play through balls, and player awareness issues are still there - and PA1, which I often end up indulging in ping-pongery of sorts, but it has some extra variety for me so I'm still stuck between both.

Whatever the case may be, it seems we have a good game ahead of us. I will be able to put out a proper review only after this weekend, once I binge through few seasons of Master League. To be as good as PS2 PES to me this game has to be enjoyable when grinding ML games. Back in the day I was able to sit my ass down and scramble through 30+ ML games in 10-12 hours, transfers included, and go up to 6-7, even 10 seasons with PES 3 last summer. That's what I want from PES. That's when the game is good for me. When the ML grind is rewarding, and entertaining. I will only be able to tell later, once I dive deep into my AC Milan x San Marino ML.

There is one huge thing I wanna end this post with. I love San Marino!

That's one big thing. The other one is that I would like to invite everyone to our Master League Adventures Thread - https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-master-league-adventures-thread.75473/page-256 - and post your ML stories, goals, screenshots, rants and fan fictionery of all sorts!!! Look at how ancient this thread is, thirteen years and it's still going. A beautiful collection, a historical book almost of Master League - best game mode ever in history of games. Please help it grow! And join in for the funny times. If you are involved with some ML Campaign this year then I demand you get your doggy asses over there and SHARE THINGS. I WANT TO SEE. WE ALL DO!!! It's the best thread on this forum anyway, why would you waste time on anything else? :OOOH:

Good. Now it's finally time for PES. Adios!!!

@hitmanuk

Finished your bespoke Kits for Leigh Athletic, Home and Away or Home and GK.
Also created you a club crest based on the Waterside/Canal feature you asked for.

Will PM you download links

HmO09Zm.png

Chris Davies..

.......I bet you a million quid they weren't. What would be the point?

Some things really vary - I played a game as Liverpool v Norwich and HATED how fast it was, then played as Burnley v West Ham and couldn't believe the difference. It was a patch's worth of difference, almost.

I think that's the problem.

digital by design..

It was a strange night and I had been hammering the game post patch all day..Theres videos on this thread where I was raving about the gameplay and showing some great long ball play from Urawa diamonds..

After the England match I put the game on and played Man Utd Vs Chelsea..I literally couldn’t get near them and they were just playing ping pong passes at 100 mph all over the pitch..Final score 5-0..I immediately reverted back..

I updated again this morning and played the same match(after a night on version 1.0)..Different game and Chelsea were cutting in,dribbling and not just ping pong passing.

Going between pre and post patch Chelsea’s AI both interms of behaviour and patterns of play are the same on version 1.0 as they are on the post patch version.Dribbling is there from the AI even post patch.

In essence something was making the game play this way..A bug?..The imported data?..

Last edited:
3 days in, this is what my 2 star team is facing. In the introductory challenge cup...

Attachments

• 20190912_162942.jpg
    20190912_162942.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
I never said the game was shit but it's common knowledge the physicality has been toned down considerably from the demo.

You are wasting your time buddy. No one has ever said the game is terrible, it isn't at all. Its just different from the demo. To clarify:

There is randomness in the patched game, there just isn't enough of it.
There is cpu dribbling in the game just not enough of it
Theres dribbling in game, its just harder to do
Theres attack variety in the patched game, just not enough of it
There fouls in the game, just not enough
The CPU is overly aggressive without fault when winning the ball back
The CPU is slightly overpowered. They can close spaces quickly and can be on the attack the next minute, then back in a defensive setting a moment later
Theres still a problem on both versions of the players just running back to goal when they lose it

Back
Top Bottom