eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

As long as pesuniverse OF uses mostly kits 2048x2048 (imported in L) it's useless. The maximum space for kits is nearly reached. Maybe they will offer 1024 files for each team, to choose, to be able to import kits for all teams

It’s nice seeing dribbling being discussed. I’ve said since day 1 that the change of controls have made it really unintuitive compared to 2019.

@Chris Davies Right that’s it, I’m going to make a gif and a quick lesson to teach you just one really useful skill that you can spam the hell out of :D once you’re good with one that’ll make picking up a few more more much easier.

To be honest there are only 3 or 4 ones that are useful in any situation. Some others are amazing but only useful in very specific situations .

I get your point, but then again I have no explanation why - in a free flowing game - stuff like this happens, as you can clearly see the foot touching the ball first and it should fly away.

That's the thing: Because it is a basic tackle, the game should be able to sort this out the correct way.
Just look at it as you would playing any other game. If you were playing a FPS and your gun went through the scenery as you turned, what would you call it? Clipping. If you were playing a racing game and for some reason your car can go slightly through a wall that you should crash into, what would you call it? Clipping.

Everyone feels so hard done by when it comes to football. Rather than calling it clipping they think some illuminati overlord has decreed ‘thou shall not score’ and brought the scripting hammer down on them :LOL:

Anyone had trouble importing Ascoli from that serie B file? All the other kits are there but it says Ascoli data not found?

Started a quick League with Liverpool for research purposes. Played the Community Shield game against City on Professional and it was very low intensity, even with City on all attack for much on the game. It ended in an uneventful 0-0. Reloaded the save and went back to Top Player. A much more fun experience. City went up early but I equalized and had a late winner as well, a header from Firmino after a nice set up from Salah to Gomez on the wing.
So I'm already pretty set on top player. It's going to be tough when starting ML, though.

I'm totally in love with the game with the latest patch. Sure the demo feels different but the final touches they've done delivers a very good game. The only problem in my opinion is that there are less fouls. It feels right in demo because you have take care how you defending. Look at my video attached. A big negative point for that situation. Get a pen is 98% impossible and that killing the good feeling of this game.

Guys I can't stress enough, before starting your Master League save (if you're an offline player like me).

Go to SETTINGS - ONLINE SETTINGS - AUTO LOGIN and switch that to OFF. Everytime you boot game it won't have to go through slow loading screens and also the game runs smoother when it's not trying to connect to Konami's dodgy servers.

I had recommended you to do so.
Try it and if you like it this way, just don´t get back to 1.0.
You´ll make yourself crazy^^.

Respectfully disagree.
There´s this anything-can-happen feeling going on on the pitch, at least in my point of view.

If it wasn´t like that, I would have stopped playing, cause randomness is very important to me.

I agree mate was being sarcastic due to all the people saying that the patched game got rid of randomness.

Noted!
Unresponsiveness in PES 2020 is a thing, for sure. And it's part of its charm in a way. But when it comes to dribbling or finesse dribbling, I think it's working against itself.

For example, I was playing a friendly as ManCity against Liverpool, Bernardo Silva crossed the ball (low) to Aguero who controls it perfectly and is now in between Van Dijk and Matip. And I know they are great CBs so I had to think and perform in a hearbeat, but... I felt helpless, totally useless and slugged down. In real life, given the same type of situation, Aguero would of probably shielded the ball and then make a quick turn and shoot, all with the same move. But there is no way for me to do this in PES. All I could do was pass it back to one of my AMF (David Silva or De Bruyne) and... lose the momentum.

I can't remember the name of the new stat the explanation is something like "can perform small turns faster" but I bet agueros is somewhere in the 80's for example I wonder what putting it up to 99 will do in situations like that

also not confirmed but im sure I read somewhere regens will now regenerate based on the stats you give them in edit mode which means doing gameplay stat changes won't be in vain if we lower everyones stamina for example

Noted!
Unresponsiveness in PES 2020 is a thing, for sure. And it's part of its charm in a way. But when it comes to dribbling or finesse dribbling, I think it's working against itself.

For example, I was playing a friendly as ManCity against Liverpool, Bernardo Silva crossed the ball (low) to Aguero who controls it perfectly and is now in between Van Dijk and Matip. And I know they are great CBs so I had to think and perform in a hearbeat, but... I felt helpless, totally useless and slugged down. In real life, given the same type of situation, Aguero would of probably shielded the ball and then make a quick turn and shoot, all with the same move. But there is no way for me to do this in PES. All I could do was pass it back to one of my AMF (David Silva or De Bruyne) and... lose the momentum.

Double tap in that situation is your friend. Also there is actually a close or trick trap in the game if you hold r2 as the ball comes to you in a direction the player will monuver in that direction. Try that for a really close touch with shielding then double tap into space.

My main issue with the game is players ignoring the ball.

I think overall the gameplay is very good, but I am already sick to death of players literally ignoring the ball as it rolls right by them from a deflection, clearance, slightly misplaced pass etc. as if they've suddenly gone brain dead.

This is where the the reduced physicality proves to be the wrong choice from Konami. In the demo you could jostle & fight for the ball in tight spaces & the dribbling & player agility was much better. Often you squeeze out of a tight spot either by sheer force & physicality , nimble footwork or both.

That's all gone now in favour of the CPU mindlessly barging you off the ball & nearly always picking up the loose ball whilst your player stumbles around like an *****. Demo was far more random unpredictable & fair.
Collisions & player weight were so much more dynamic, it's completely on rails now & not in your favour.

Sadly dribbling is just not fun anymore. All I do is tiki taka my way in goal as passes are 10x more responsive than dribbling. It's annoying that I keep scoring the same kind of goal. They need to fix it on the next patch and revert it back to how demo was working.

I think overall the gameplay is very good, but I am already sick to death of players literally ignoring the ball as it rolls right by them from a deflection, clearance, slightly misplaced pass etc. as if they've suddenly gone brain dead.
Yeah same thing happened to me at least once in every game. Frustrating.

Guys I can't stress enough, before starting your Master League save (if you're an offline player like me).

Go to SETTINGS - ONLINE SETTINGS - AUTO LOGIN and switch that to OFF. Everytime you boot game it won't have to go through slow loading screens and also the game runs smoother when it's not trying to connect to Konami's dodgy servers.
Good tip mate

Sadly dribbling is just not fun anymore. All I do is tiki taka my way in goal as passes are 10x more responsive than dribbling. It's annoying that I keep scoring the same kind of goal. They need to fix it on the next patch and revert it back to how demo was working.

Others with vastly more experience with PES might have a better understanding of the problem, but IMO the problem - or at least part of the problem - is just how perfect and mechanical the AI is in marking and tackling. There's far fewer fouls because the CPU rarely attempts the wrong tackle, and their tracking of the ball when marking a dribbler can feel almost 1:1. I've lost count of the number of times now that I've done a skill move or a quick change of movement and the CPU defender perfectly follows along, momentum be damned.

I said this in the PES v FIFA thread but because of the "upgrades" to the AI, from the demo to full release, it kinda feels like I'm playing against robots. Error exists in passes and shooting and first touch (not enough IMO), but there's very little error in CPU decision making, especially when it comes to tackling and marking a dribbler.

I think it feels awesome when you skin a defender, but more often than not I'm too finding dribbling frustrating (the darn control scheme doesn't help!).

Will hit the training ground properly for a few hours,this game is so different from previous ones I need to forget a lot of previous stuff and learn new stuff.
I had 0-0 -0-1 -2-0 -2-2 last couple if games,don't think I had one clean sheet on Pes 19/18
Also I have to switch up tactics mid game,more attacking,or close up shop in defense.
Liking this a lot

Same. Just get barged off the ball and then my players is totally unresponsive for about 3 seconds. Absolutely fine dribbling at speed. Just feels really clunky in tight spaces. Was one of the things I found much easier on previous versions.

The "stun gun" animation whenever you bounce off a player or get barged off the ball pisses me off to no end. It's plagued modern PES for quite some time. Same goes for off-the-ball movement at times. As someone who played football from childhood into my early 20s and considered myself well above average in terms of athleticism (turned 31 today and I need to get back into shape... but I digress), it's hilarious that Konami thinks basic movement should feel so laborious. I know it's not because I experienced it myself.

Humans are able to recover, jostle, and fight for possession if we get knocked off the ball. Pretty simple. Yes, if some hulking, 6'4 CB goes shoulder to shoulder with a smaller player and levels him, then that makes sense contextually. There's a time and a place, but it's too often that fairly routine physical contact results in a complete and utter loss of control over your supposed professional athlete.

Game has me looking like:
giphy.gif

I switched to pes from fifa. And with fifa I Had always a friend over and then we play seasons with a guest.

Now only thing I can do with a friend is Co up. And then with him and a cpu. What is this crap. Not even 2 vs 2.. No 3 vs 3 with coms.

I just want to play ranked match with my friend against 1 or more player online. Is this not possible??

What the hell happened after today update? AI ain`t attack me any more in 1 on 1 situations. Messi, Neymar, Mbappe all of them just pass the ball until someone shot from distance or make a cross. This reminds me of pes 19 :( are we in a same situation again? why konami break this great game :(

Played my first match, Bayern vs. Juve, 15 min., prof., fuma, and ended it 1:1.
What I noticed first: it seems a tad faster compared to the demo. Fouls were ok with 3:2, but you can feel they have been toned down.
I tried -1 for a short period but got back to 0. I don’t wanna mess with settings so early.
AI over 15 min. was such a positive thing to see (that’s what stopped me from playing much 2019).
Gotta give it tonight and some more matches...

So update wise it’s all over for this week?! Did I get that right?
I like to install an OF and start a master league! :)

Unfortunately this is a staple in PES forever and this one is actually decent in terms of player awareness compared to others. Super cancel is your friend.

Nobody has answer to my post. If I can't play with a friend guest against people online without Com then the whole game is ruined for me

True just really upset at this moment that online thing I can do online is 3 vs 3. With 1 Com on my team. Why would anybody want that

My game updated but on loading screen it still says I've applied the live updates and I then applied the option file is this correct

Attachments

• IMG_20190912_182228.jpg
    IMG_20190912_182228.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom