eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

3700x & 2070 Super

PES2020 Vsync Off
Nvidia Overlay off

Nvidia Control Panel

--> New Setting for PES2020.exe

- Monitor tech --> GSYNC Compatible
- Vsync --> On
- Triple Buffer --> On
- preferred refresh rate --> Application Controlled

144Hz Smooth gameplay.
Very low input lag

very happy.

Now to reduce fps to 120hz and let my system chill a bit

I agree with Zlac. Anything above 100hz is already unnecessary in football games.
120, 144hz are great for FPS. For games like CounterStrike, Call of Duty, etc. But FIFA or PES? 60 is fine. Anything above it is great but doesn't really change or add anything to the experience. I don't even play with any sort of info on my screen. I don't like FPS counter, mhz, CPU usage. Nothing. Some people just like to jag-off to that sort of thing.

And this is coming from someone who has 100% smooth gameplay, everything maxed out in the game and in Nvidia's Control Panel, and great performance. But still, I would be just as happy if I got half of the hz I get now, as long as the game looks and feels how it currently does.

I have 72 fps (during match) despite 144 monitor. It looks like a half of monitor frequency.

Monitor setting

NVidia Panel settings (all default)

Vsync ON

Vsync OFF

Guys I hesitating between
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC (GVN1070IXOC8GD)
Palit GeForce GTX 1070 JetStream (NE51070015P2J)

Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Dual OC 8GB (90YV09T1-M0NA00)
Any advices ?

3700x & 2070 Super

PES2020 Vsync Off
Nvidia Overlay off

Nvidia Control Panel

--> New Setting for PES2020.exe

- Monitor tech --> GSYNC Compatible
- Vsync --> On
- Triple Buffer --> On
- preferred refresh rate --> Application Controlled

144Hz Smooth gameplay.
Very low input lag

very happy.

Now to reduce fps to 120hz and let my system chill a bit

Without it being in English it’s hard to help sorry, but Mdizzl3’s settings should help you if you don’t already have them like that (things like application controlled frame rate is really important for PES).

I’m no pc expect by a long way, but unless your current card is faulty I’m not convinced getting a 1070 will be the answer your problems.

I’d start from the bottom and work up - set up your nvidia control panel as suggested above, turn all the in game settings to low, choose 60fps in the setting menu and turn vsync off. If you can’t get 100fps with that then I have no idea what the problem is. If you can, then start turning things on / increasing the settings one by one and see if you can find what the cause is.

Hzs are just placebo , except 60 hz , that is too low , anything above 75 has a minor difference on every game .

There is a difference in input lag between having a game at 75 and 120 fps. It's not noticeable as 60 fps vs 30 fps but it's there and it's better to have more fps if the video card can reach it and monitor refresh rate support it.

What's your budget and what are the prices (since I don't know your location) for the mentioned cards? I'd look to see how much more a 2060/2070 Super would be.

Gigabyte Mini is the cheapest cause it has one fan but parameters are similar to others.

Without it being in English it’s hard to help sorry, but Mdizzl3’s settings should help you if you don’t already have them like that (things like application controlled frame rate is really important for PES).

I’m no pc expect by a long way, but unless your current card is faulty I’m not convinced getting a 1070 will be the answer your problems.

I’d start from the bottom and work up - set up your nvidia control panel as suggested above, turn all the in game settings to low, choose 60fps in the setting menu and turn vsync off. If you can’t get 100fps with that then I have no idea what the problem is. If you can, then start turning things on / increasing the settings one by one and see if you can find what the cause is.

I just tried 1920x1080 with 126fps. So solution is obvious to me - to weak graphic card.

There is a difference in input lag between having a game at 75 and 120 fps. It's not noticeable as 60 fps vs 30 fps but it's there and it's better to have more fps if the video card can reach it and monitor refresh rate support it.
Nvidia cards have a new low latency mode which sacrifices a bit of performance for less input lag.

I’ve only tried it on pes and a couple of other things but so far it’s worked really, really well.

I just tried 1920x1080 with 126fps. So solution is obvious to me - to weak graphic card.
Do you have your nvidia control panel settings set up as mentioned above?

Nvidia cards have a new low latency mode which sacrifices a bit of performance for less input lag.

I’ve only tried it on pes and a couple of other things but so far it’s worked really, really well.

Do you have your nvidia control panel settings set up as mentioned above?

low latency mode ? But it takes perfomance so what is the point ?

Anybody help with which card to buy:

Inno3D GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
or
RTX 2070

They are almost the same efficiency but Inno3D is 100$ cheapier.
The thing is only Inno3D is cheapier and the rest of 1070ti is the same price as rtx2070.

or
RTX 2070

The thing is only Inno3D is cheapier and the rest of 1070ti is the same price as rtx2070.

Have a look at the new offerings from AMD. They offer better value at those price points.

I have a quistion about the demo:

Everytime a player get the ball, he stop running forwards. Even when i select a defender who's running when i select him he stops running. Maybe its my controller, or it is a problem with the demo?

Hi mates!

I found a solution to solve input lag issues and have superresponsive control, it's much better than PS4 version too.

1 Disable vsync in PES 2020 settings.
2 Set vsync as adaptative in Nvidia Control Panel.
3 Enable triple buffering in Nvidia Contol Panel.
4 Disable Geforce Experience.

Now I feel I have a lot more control of the game. It's really gamechanging. Specially if you like to play in tight spaces.
It's huge noticiable when you are dribbling, you can be a lot more precise. You're are able to play better in the space between the Centerbacks and the miedfielders on the third yard of the pitch.

I hope it would be hadfull for you mates!

Anybody know what the equivalent to these settings is on AMD? I usually turn off vsync in all games and my freesync monitor takes care of the rest, no problems. But with this demo, if I turn vsync off, I get tearing all over the place. My game feels responsive as it is, not sure if it can be better though. Thanks,

I cant take amd cause I have monitor with gsync

I am hesitating between those 3 regarding playing not less than 1440p:

gtx 1070 - 300$
CUDA Cores 1920
Graphics Clock (MHz) 1506
Processor Clock (MHz) 1683
Graphics Performance high-14777
8 GB GDDR5
256-bit

gtx 1070 ti - 400$
CUDA Cores 2423
Graphics Clock (MHz) 1607
8 GB GDDR5
256-bit

rtx 2060 - 400$
CUDA Cores 1920
Graphics Clock (MHz) 1365
6 GB GDDR5
192-bit

1070 > 1060 (my current card) by 20fps (average)
1070ti > 1060 by 30 fps (average)
2060 > 1060 by 35 - 40 fps (average)

Can sb explain me how 2060 (6GB, 192bit,1365Mhz) is better than 1070ti (8GB, 256bit,1607Mhz) and will 6GB be enough for the future ?

Last edited:

or
RTX 2070

Was going to suggest 5700 xt but seen you have a g-sync monitor. Looking at you settings should you not turn off vsync if you are using gsync or does it make a difference. Are you sure ther is no program like nvidia inspector or riva tuner. If you run PES with the lowest graphics quality does it make a difference to fps. Are you using hdmi or displayport, have you tried other cables. I had a similar issue ealier on in the year where I have a 120hz tv and it was PES was only running at 60 FPS, Just can't remember how I solved it. Removing the drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller, (Will delete all your settings as well) and re installing the drivers may help

Was going to suggest 5700 xt but seen you have a g-sync monitor. Looking at you settings should you not turn off vsync if you are using gsync or does it make a difference. Are you sure ther is no program like nvidia inspector or riva tuner. If you run PES with the lowest graphics quality does it make a difference to fps. Are you using hdmi or displayport, have you tried other cables. I had a similar issue ealier on in the year where I have a 120hz tv and it was PES was only running at 60 FPS, Just can't remember how I solved it. Removing the drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller, (Will delete all your settings as well) and re installing the drivers may help

At 1080p I have 120fps
at 1440p about 80fps
I play via Display Port cause HDMI limitates refresh rate of monitor

At 1080p I have 120fps
at 1440p about 80fps
I play via Display Port cause HDMI limitates refresh rate of monitor

If you turn down the graphic settings and the fps increases i'd say its the card but if it doesn't make a difference its something else. Looking at this video the avg fps is 89 so it may be the card.

any ideas guys?

Game starts micro stuttering above 1080p while showing 50-60fps in fraps. Vsync is on in game. Vsync in nvidia settings also can be on/off. Its not a constant stutter but once every few secs its a micro ones i can tell, game isnt fluid. Same thing was with pes 2019.

I am on 965m 2gb VRAM. Solid laptop 16gb ram. If fraps shows 50-60fps why do i have this problem?

whts the difference vsync1 and 2 in options?

also i dont have adaptive under nvidia options, i use Nvidia Control Panel to set program settings.

any ideas guys?
I am on 965m 2gb VRAM. Solid laptop 16gb ram. If fraps shows 50-60fps why do i have this problem?

Because of your very little 2Gb Vram. Game requires on the highest Texture Settings around 3,5 GB Vram (1080p). Set the Textures down.

Because of your very little 2Gb Vram. Game requires on the highest Texture Settings around 3,5 GB Vram (1080p). Set the Textures down.
wouldnt this show in lower fps?

id rather see it that way than micro tears. I noticed it on high settings too, 1080p so yeah, medium works, higher is worse.

wouldnt this show in lower fps?

id rather see it that way than micro tears. I noticed it on high settings too, 1080p so yeah, medium works, higher is worse.
I've a Palit 750TI with 2 gb of RAM and.set.all to highest settings but resolution to 85%. It's fine only cutscenes and replays with microstutters.

Back
Top Bottom