eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

It is not necessarily worth it as PES will stutter if you try and push the FPS too high anyway.

2019 was a stuttering mess at 140, then I saw that it’s best to just set the FPS to application controlled in the nvidia control panel and low and behold, stuttering solved at a stead 100 fps.

Could you explain how did you set 100fps ? Any tool needed ?
Why Fraps shows only 72fps vsync on and 80-90 off ?

Hi mates!

I found a solution to solve input lag issues and have superresponsive control, it's much better than PS4 version too.

1 Disable vsync in PES 2020 settings.
2 Set vsync as adaptative in Nvidia Control Panel.
3 Enable triple buffering in Nvidia Contol Panel.
4 Disable Geforce Experience.

Now I feel I have a lot more control of the game. It's really gamechanging. Specially if you like to play in tight spaces.
It's huge noticiable when you are dribbling, you can be a lot more precise. You're are able to play better in the space between the Centerbacks and the miedfielders on the third yard of the pitch.

I hope it would be hadfull for you mates!
Tried! You're right mate! It's a very nice finding. Thank so much @amartingil.

Also, you can use the new Ultra setting in low latency mode in Nvidia Control Panel and for me capping framerate at 60 fps with Rivatuner was even better.

Yes, when you do this it becomes even more responsive than Ps4 version.

Sounds that it could be a really nice feature.
Just updated drivers to give a try.
I'll share my thoughts.

Could you explain how did you set 100fps ? Any tool needed ?
Why Fraps shows only 72fps vsync on and 80-90 off ?
I haven’t done anything.
It’s just a 100hz monitor, and a pc that can run PES at 100fps. It really is as simple as that.

Hi mates!

I found a solution to solve input lag issues and have superresponsive control, it's much better than PS4 version too.

Now I feel I have a lot more control of the game. It's really gamechanging. Specially if you like to play in tight spaces.
It's huge noticiable when you are dribbling, you can be a lot more precise. You're are able to play better in the space between the Centerbacks and the miedfielders on the third yard of the pitch.

does "disable geforce experience" mean uninstalling it?

i will try see if these measures help with 2019 tomorrow

Hi mates!

Vsync 1 worked well for me
Vsync 2 had microstutters for me

but turning Vsync off and letting Nvidia handle things with Adaptive sync and the triple buffering option is a blessing! This game is evne more responsive then I thought. Like hyper responsive. Thanks for these settings, this is the sweetspot for me! 144hz buttery responsive and smooth its insane

Uninstalling geforce experience did nothing to me though

Last edited:
Vsync 1 worked well for me
Vsync 2 had microstutters for me

Turning Vsync off and letting Nvidia handle things with Adaptive sync and the triple buffering option is a blessing! This game is evne more responsive then I thought. Like hyper responsive. Thanks for these settings, this is the sweetspot for me! 144hz buttery responsive and smooth its insane

Uninstalling geforce experience did nothing to me though

I like a bit of good news at 4am.

I have 144 monitor :o
What card do you have ?
I have a 2080ti but that doesn’t matter as there are people here with 1060, 1070, and they’re all getting a higher fps that what you’ve said you’re getting.

The below is your set up right?
i7-8700
gtx 1060
16 ram

That should be more than enough to max pes.

All I can suggest is to post a screenshot of your nvidia settings and see if anyone can spot something wrong.

I have a 2080ti but that doesn’t matter as there are people here with 1060, 1070, and they’re all getting a higher fps that what you’ve said you’re getting.

The below is your set up right?
i7-8700
gtx 1060
16 ram

That should be more than enough to max pes.

All I can suggest is to post a screenshot of your nvidia settings and see if anyone can spot something wrong.

I have 72 fps (during match) despite 144 monitor. It looks like a half of monitor frequency.

Monitor setting

NVidia Panel settings (all default)

Vsync ON

Vsync OFF

Last edited:
Based on my experience, no pre-load for PES, maybe release date is similiar like demo.
Cheers, think I'll just get it on the PS4 at launch and then grab it on PC in a month or so - got the day off work so would rather have the day to play rather than waiting until 6pm for the potential later Steam release.

Man, I'm sort of half pleased my PC is a piece of crap. Got none of these issues, just whack everything on medium / high settings and off I go...1080p and 60fps on my projector :D

Last edited:
does "disable geforce experience" mean uninstalling it?

i will try see if these measures help with 2019 tomorrow

well those settings worked decent with 2020 demo (it did feel better) but they made my 2018 worse (no option to disable vsync in 2018 settings) so go carefully if you have other games.

unfortunately I went and changed "global" nvidia settings when I should really have just chosen "pes 2020". DOH!

Guys I hesitating between
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC (GVN1070IXOC8GD)
Palit GeForce GTX 1070 JetStream (NE51070015P2J)

Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Dual OC 8GB (90YV09T1-M0NA00)
Any advices ?

I don't understand this obsession with 100+ fps ... if it's smooth at 80 or 90 fps, who cares?

The thing fps drops when there is too many players at once, it can be 75fps which is starts stuttering. If it was stable 90 fps it would be great.

Guys I hesitating between
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC (GVN1070IXOC8GD)
Palit GeForce GTX 1070 JetStream (NE51070015P2J)

Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Dual OC 8GB (90YV09T1-M0NA00)
Any advices ?

What's your budget and what are the prices (since I don't know your location) for the mentioned cards? I'd look to see how much more a 2060/2070 Super would be.

Back
Top Bottom