eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chuny
So I quickly jumped onto a Superstar match, and is this not what you mean? I'm beating players using various speeds, and not touching the right stick once. Just the finesse dribble to slow myself down, and triple tapping sprint to beat the man.

ezgif-3-1c4d94798aa2.gif

Apologies if I still don't completely understand, I'm just really intrigued because dribbling is something I've always found really enjoyable.

I know the control in this isn't as close quarters as the Messi video you posted, but Sterling has a totally different style to Messi and I've always thought PES absolutely nails it.

I always wondered why Pes looks só good on Gifs since fox Engine was implemented in Pes 2014

Basically i am not interested in moving shadows so much, so i dont bother they could not make it happen. Just the excuse of not implementing was funny.

We've been talking about dribbling. I personally think it was fine in 2019. It was a challenge and if you mastered it, you'd have no problems taking on 3-4 guys using only just shoulder drops and turns. I destroy teams with Jadon Sancho regularly.

If Konami were to ever publish a list showing what they gave the highest priority to developing, I’d hope to see Dynamic Lighting right at the very bottom, just above a new VAR animation.

Reminds me of when about 4 years ago FIFA had their first gameplay reveal spending 10mins banging on about how they’ve now animated David Luiz’s hair :BLINK:

Hi! Do you have any information about Dynamic Lightning System in Pes 2020? Cause it appeared d in Pes 2019 and I hope it will be improved in this year's game edition. By dynamic lighting system I understand, that during the match the shadows move, even during the half, so the pitch changes. According to Adam Bhatti and the info on the official website, it should look like I described. Otherwise, Konami lied about its new improvement.

upload_2019-6-14_1-5-53-png.16650

We've been talking about dribbling. I personally think it was fine in 2019. It was a challenge and if you mastered it, you'd have no problems taking on 3-4 guys using only just shoulder drops and turns. I destroy teams with Jadon Sancho regularly.
I agree,it's a matter of timing
Think it's fine ,mainly 18 for me,but works fine on 19

Hi! Do you have any information about Dynamic Lightning System in Pes 2020? Cause it appeared d in Pes 2019 and I hope it will be improved in this year's game edition. By dynamic lighting system I understand, that during the match the shadows move, even during the half, so the pitch changes. According to Adam Bhatti and the info on the official website, it should look like I described. Otherwise, Konami lied about its new improvement.
Well, they mentioned it again on the PES 2020 website, but it's still not there in the E3 build...

I agree,it's a matter of timing
Think it's fine ,mainly 18 for me,but works fine on 19
Exactly this. Learn to sense where the defender's gonna move and ofc Take dribbling classes from Marco Reus:LOL:
Seriously tho, he's a smart dribbler and his ideas helped me a lot.

Reactions: OBH
Imo it always follows the same pattern. The initial revulsion over the fact it's fundamentally the same flawed game eventually wears off and people start to see some of the more subtle improvements, better quality videos start to emerge showing the game in a more favourable light, they "warm to it" and enjoy the (always lower) speed of the unfinished E3 build. By the time of release it will have been vastly sped up and most of the improvements tweaked into oblivion. There's no way that pace will make it to release, and often the things we see as "encouraging" in early builds is actually viewed as bugs needing to be fixed by the Japanese.

This was illustrated best in a previous year when that Bman guy was speaking to one of the devs, who was surprised the reaction at E3 was so positive because they thought it was nowhere near "finished". (Incidentally I think that was the year they gave up attending/doing podcasts, since it became so apparent that the devs simply have a different vision in mind).

The improvements that are most likely to survive are superficial and so won't make any difference to the people who have been unhappy with the direction of the game, that's my prediction at least.

P.S. I don't consider that R2 sidestep into direction change proper PES dribbling, that's more of an exploit if anything.

Exactly this. Learn to sense where the defender's gonna move and ofc Take dribbling classes from Marco Reus:LOL:
Seriously tho, he's a smart dribbler and his ideas helped me a lot.
Exactly.
I try to bring the pace down when facing a defender,then do the move etc.
Reuss is a great player
And having a player that has a bunch of tricks equipped is also useful.
And as usual,the training ground is your friend.
I think Pes is fine dribbling wise,though the tougher the difficulty,the more laser guided defenders

Exactly.
I try to bring the pace down when facing a defender,then do the move etc.
Reuss is a great player
And having a player that has a bunch of tricks equipped is also useful.
And as usual,the training ground is your friend.
I think Pes is fine dribbling wise,though the tougher the difficulty,the more laser guided defenders
Using the vertical camera for dribbling makes it very easy.

Great tip,I'm using a some sideline with different heights and zoom,pretty much lika a broadcast cam,pretty much the same cam on Pes 16-17-18-19 plus FIFA.
Think that's important as well.
But when it comes to dribbling I think people who doesn't use them don't really believe in it either.
I think they're absolutely fine

Great tip,I'm using a some sideline with different heights and zoom,pretty much lika a broadcast cam,pretty much the same cam on Pes 16-17-18-19 plus FIFA.
Think that's important as well.
But when it comes to dribbling I think people who doesn't use them don't really believe in it either.
I think they're absolutely fine
Just need to work out when to use all the tools available to you.
Skilled dribble to draw them in - a quick speed boost to get away from them (sometimes nutmeg them) - and the Marseilles Turn is definitely the best skill to learn as it's easy to do and incredibly effective (as it has been on Fifa for about 10 years too).

Skilled dribble to draw them in - a quick speed boost to get away from them (sometimes nutmeg them) - and the Marseilles Turn is definitely the best skill to learn as it's easy to do and incredibly effective (as it has been on Fifa for about 10 years too).
The simpler it is,the more effective it is.
I usually try to wrong foot the defender,making him have his weight on the left the go to the right, then a quick speed burst.
Dribbling has open up games for me,much more fun and realistic than just pass it around
Hope 2020 builds on a more technical game,lower pace .
And wish Zizou still played,master on the Marseille turn

Last edited:

Some of the posts I'm reading now are what I've been looking for all year. i.e. talk about select players, how you use them, etc etc. i.e. POSITIVITY about PES. These sort of posts then lead to others like how player linkages changes game behaviour, tactical talk etc.

Working out how the game works in a fair environment is what its all about.

Funny how all this comes at the END of the year AFTER the umpteen patches. The concept of going with regular difficulty is a potential game changer. WHo would have thought it because on PES 17 and 18, regular difficulty was a walkover so its the last thing I'd expect I'd be trying.

Back on pesfan I was pleading for folks not to move on to the next iteration so that we could take advantage of empty lobbies and better matchmaking. Now I don't play online that no longer matters but today I got reminded of that hunch that the game only begins just as the next one release.

Get caught up in the hype and problems of the next iteration and you miss the beauty of version that's only just been fully patched up.

Some of the posts I'm reading now are what I've been looking for all year. i.e. talk about select players, how you use them, etc etc. i.e. POSITIVITY about PES. These sort of posts then lead to others like how player linkages changes game behaviour, tactical talk etc.

Working out how the game works in a fair environment is what its all about.

Funny how all this comes at the END of the year AFTER the umpteen patches. The concept of going with regular difficulty is a potential game changer. WHo would have thought it because on PES 17 and 18, regular difficulty was a walkover so its the last thing I'd expect I'd be trying.

Back on pesfan I was pleading for folks not to move on to the next iteration so that we could take advantage of empty lobbies and better matchmaking. Now I don't play online that no longer matters but today I got reminded of that hunch that the game only begins just as the next one release.

Get caught up in the hype and problems of the next iteration and you miss the beauty of version that's only just been fully patched up.
Regular and PA0 is very much an eye opener for me to.
Trust me,it's not a pushover in 18 either.
If they can build on a "human like" behaviour that regular is on 18/19 for Pes 20,I'm very much in buying mode for it.
Hopefully we'll see more Human v CPU games later on

Dribbling is not the dribbling that we want, the delay is too much on the controller so no playing against ai the dribbling is bad
Depends on what you mean by "we"
I'm fine with it so are others,some aren't,like you.
Could be snappier,but then again,play the game on -1/-2 speed and it's very slow,on zero it's ok,at least for me.
The big problem for me is that play the game on TP/SS/ULT and no matter how fast it is,9/10 they'll strip you off the ball.

Depends on what you mean by "we"
I'm fine with it so are others,some aren't,like you.
Could be snappier,but then again,play the game on -1/-2 speed and it's very slow,on zero it's ok,at least for me.
The big problem for me is that play the game on TP/SS/ULT and no matter how fast it is,9/10 they'll strip you off the ball.

Did you like PES 2013 dribbling, mate?

Did you like PES 2013 dribbling, mate?
I did,but I didn't use it that much Chuny
1 I wasn't good enough to pull it off then (still not but improving)
2 I was on PS3 and that controller...

But I still have it,and a better controller now,and yes it's very good.
But I'm sure with all new and improved animations,it's hard to pull off ATM for developers.
Still believe modern Pes are good enough and improving with slower pace etc.
But yes it was very good (I wasn't)

Last edited:
Combo of left stick (direction) Right stick +speed burstt is how I dribble.
@Chuny
using various speeds, and not touching the right stick once. Just the finesse dribble to slow myself down, and triple tapping sprint to beat the man.
Same here. Anyways, Konami should release PES every two years, this time for sure I will skip it, not much to see there and ML with cutscenes like FIFA is not why I play a football game. 100% sure Inca will need to fix 2020 as well :LMAO:

I did,but I didn't use it that much Chuny
1 I wasn't good enough to pull it off then (still not but improving)
2 I was on PS3 and that controller...

But I still have it,and a better controller now,and yes it's very good.
But I'm sure with all new and improved animations,it's hard to pull off ATM for developers.
Still believe modern Pes are good enough and improving with slower pace etc.
But yes it was very good (I wasn't)

I played PES 2019 all day today. Like 20+ games.
Such a horrible game for me. Monotonous. Repetitive.
And... oh yeah, I definitely HATE the dribbling mechanics. Wholeheartedly.

Basically i am not interested in moving shadows so much, so i dont bother they could not make it happen. Just the excuse of not implementing was funny.

I actually play all my games at night as I find the contrast between dark and light areas of the pitch hurts my eyes. It improved in 2019 over previous games but still I hate daytime games online.

Would like dynamic lighting but i feel they should tone down the actual darkness of the shadows as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom