eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, pretty-please, can you record a video of you doing what you describe a couple of times in a game?
I would really love to see that and maybe learn from you.

Like I said, it might just be down to me being really bad at PES after PES 2013?...
I think Spoony pizza has videos on this dribble moves. I watched it but I can't still do itI consistently. I suck at dribbling and defending, worst part of my game. hehe

Yeah sure, but what you're showing me in that video are skill moves. Not dribbling, mate.
Sorry, but it still doesn't come close or relates to the videos I posted!

I know what you refer. The point is there are some contextual left stick dribbling touches in PES 2019, but, after demo, it didn't work because there are 3 things that messed it:

- Tackle overpower/accuracy.
- Colissions
- Inertia cut off

We know we will have inertia in PES 2020, and shielding will be improved. Adam said they are still working on collisions and reponsiveness. Lets hope!

You will be able to emulate Riquelme like never before with the new finesse dribbling at least!:ROCK:

@Chuny
So I quickly jumped onto a Superstar match, and is this not what you mean? I'm beating players using various speeds, and not touching the right stick once. Just the finesse dribble to slow myself down, and triple tapping sprint to beat the man.

ezgif-3-1c4d94798aa2.gif

Apologies if I still don't completely understand, I'm just really intrigued because dribbling is something I've always found really enjoyable.

I know the control in this isn't as close quarters as the Messi video you posted, but Sterling has a totally different style to Messi and I've always thought PES absolutely nails it.

Last edited:
People saying you can't dribble past players in PES 2019, using only the left stick – two questions:

• Are you excluding R1 and R2 from this?
    Are you allowing the left-stick flicks they introduced a couple games back now, or do you just mean holding the left stick in a direction and moving it to another direction, with the ball?
On the latter point, I love the flick effects. It allows you to ever so slightly shift your weight and sell a defender. If you don't use it, try it out: on the ball, quickly flick left or right, let the stick settle in the middle and from there hold it out to the opposite direction, or at an angle. You'll get used to how it works. But it's like a tiny gambetta feint.

When you mix in well-timed bursts of pace and R2 dragbacks (or drags across, if they've got the step-on skill card), you can boss whole defences without using the right stick. Though, I do love a few right-stick skills thrown into the mix as well.
That's what made me confused reading "left stick dribbling"
Left stick has very little to do with the dribble
Combo of left stick (direction) Right stick +speed burstt is how I dribble ,both here and on FIFA.

@Chuny
So I quickly jumped onto a Superstar match, and is this not what you mean? I'm beating players using various speeds, and not touching the right stick once. Just the finesse dribble to slow myself down, and triple tapping sprint to beat the man.

ezgif-3-5a1ea50176b9.gif

Apologies if I still don't completely understand, I'm just really intrigued because dribbling is something I've always found really enjoyable.

I know the control in this isn't as close quarters as the Messi video you posted, but Sterling has a totally different style to Messi and I've always thought PES absolutely nails it.

Yeah, I guess it's the best you can get out of PES 2019. It still doesn't look anywhere as organic and natural as it did in PES 2013 though.

Last edited:
@Chuny

ezgif-3-e9acf74f158a.gif

Jesus, you would make mincemeat out of me. :D

I really have to learn this stuff, no wonder I'm struggling with dribbling.

Strange! Because from what I saw, you've got it locked mate... you are a very good PES player.
My videos are more on goals and passing. I haven't post any dribbling moves because my dribbling is not something to post about hehe.
I know what you refer. The point is there are some contextual left stick dribbling touches in PES 2019, but, after demo, it didn't work because there are 3 things that messed it:

- Tackle overpower/accuracy.
- Colissions
- Inertia cut off

We know we will have inertia in PES 2020, and shielding will be improved. Adam said they are still working on collisions and reponsiveness. Lets hope!

You will be able to emulate Riquelme like never before with the new finesse dribbling at least!:ROCK:
With that 2020 finesse dribbling or even in 2019's r2 close control dribbling, sometimes it looks weird when it happens but the player that's dribbling is not facing the goal. I've seen it a few times in e3 video.
That's what made me confused reading "left stick dribbling"
Left stick has very little to do with the dribble
Combo of left stick (direction) Right stick +speed burstt is how I dribble ,both here and on FIFA.
haha i think i started this " left stick" dribbling to describe the dribbling Chuny is posting about. What i really meant was " right stick dribbling". Not used to viewing this forum on mobile phone. I'm having headaches just by typing here but too lazy to get up from bed to use the Pc. hehe

EDIT: Sorry for the confusion. Now I'm on PC and can think clearly.:D
What I really mean with "Left stick dribbling" is dribbling with using Left stick or direction arrows only.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess it's the best you can get out of PES 2019. It still doesn't look anywhere as organic and natural as it did in PES 2013 though.

You don't think so? Now that is interesting.

If you put the two clips side by side right, in my opinion, you could replace Sterling with any other top class dribbler and it would still look the business.

ezgif-3-e9acf74f158a.gif

However, there is no one else in the world who can dribble like Messi does, and if you showed me this clip but it was any other player moving around the pitch like this, I don;t think it would look authentic at all.

But everyone has their own view :))

@Chris Davies
:LOL::LOL:
Honestly, it isn't that difficult. Try it with a winger, it's the best way to learn - hold skilled dribble and head towards the corner flag, and when the defender gets close to you, triple tap sprint in a different direction and away you go!

Promise you'll be blasting past players in no time.

My videos are more on goals and passing. I haven't post any dribbling moves because my dribbling is not something to post about hehe.

With that 2020 finesse dribbling or even in 2019's r2 close control dribbling, sometimes it looks weird when it happens but the player that's dribbling is not facing the goal. I've seen it a few times in e3 video.

haha i think i started this " left stick" dribbling. What i really meant was " right stick dribbling". Not used to viewing this forum on mobile phone. I'm having headaches just by typing here but too lazy to get up from bed to use the Pc. hehe
No worries pal,just got confused:)
I do all my Evo'ing on the phone.
I learned dribbling properly on FIFA 19,and now using it on Pes 18 (the game I play) and I think it's solid.
You should really get in to it.
Quite fun.
Hope Pes 20 develop it even more

You don't think so? Now that is interesting.

If you put the two clips side by side right, in my opinion, you could replace Sterling with any other top class dribbler and it would still look the business.

ezgif-3-e9acf74f158a.gif

However, there is no one else in the world who can dribble like Messi does, and if you showed me this clip but it was any other player moving around the pitch like this, I don;t think it would look authentic at all.

But everyone has their own view :))

@Chris Davies
:LOL::LOL:
Honestly, it isn't that difficult. Try it with a winger is the best way to learn - hold skilled dribble and head towards the corner flag, and when the defender gets close to you, triple tap sprint in a different direction and away you go!

Promise you'll be blasting past players in no time.

It's not even about Messi, mate.
It's not like that dribbling was only available to Messi in PES 2013.
You could do that with any player and the success rate would depend solely on your timing/skills and the player's own skill set.
But it still looked good on any player, specially with small players like Hazard or David Silva.

When I look at the video you posted, I think it's OK, but it doesn't 'flow' right. It's like... choppy (and it's not because it's a GIF). While it used to be smooth, with little touches on the ball when slightly cutting inside or outside, zig-zagging. Now it's like, you have to move in "L-shapes".

I have to jump in here, as I have the opposite experience. The only problem is - i dont know how Im doing it...

Most recent was only the other day. I was playing Pes17 and I absolutely love speed bursts in it. Out of all 3 recent games - only 17 gives me some sort of "speed satisfaction". So quite often Im using double sprint tap and enjoying the show.
Sometimes, somehow, Im able to "close dribble" on a full speed-whack.
I honestly dont know how am I doing it and what triggers it, cant crack it.. is it some player skill, or am I pressing something in the heart of battle? Dont know.
Next time it happens ill try to record it.

With top tier players, it feels pretty good. I have a few clips off the top of my head (mainly from the demo versions).

PES 2017 Demo:

PES 2018 Demo:

This is one is nice because I allow the defender to completely commit and I use his own momentum against him. Felt pretty good at the time.

I'll boot up PES 2019 and have a go, as I've only put about 10 hours into it since it came out.

Honestly, it isn't that difficult. Try it with a winger, it's the best way to learn - hold skilled dribble and head towards the corner flag, and when the defender gets close to you, triple tap sprint in a different direction and away you go
Im working on my dribbling constantly, as this is one area, where Im really lacking big time. Im getting my head around R2, L1, right stick, skill moves, love the speed bursts.... and I didnt even know that there is such thing like triple tap.. :LOL:

Reactions: OBH
Leave pa2 or 3 for those who want to use if offline but ban it from online except the friendly
Agreed with most of what you wrote, but personally I'd hate it if they didn't allow the user to restrict a room to pa1. I play in a league with bespoke teams, and so the mode we all use the most is the friendly match lobby. There are FUMA divisions, in which obviously everyone has to be manual. But in the other divisions we can't enforce a pa1 max rule because the lobby settings don't allow restrictions.

Almost everyone uses pa1 anyway because that's the spirit of the place - good football, varied tactics, not using exploits. But it would be much better if we could institute a proper rule and have a way to uphold it.

With top tier players, it feels pretty good. I have a few clips off the top of my head (mainly from the demo versions).

PES 2017 Demo:

PES 2018 Demo:

This is one is nice because I allow the defender to completely commit and I use his own momentum against him. Felt pretty good at the time.

I'll boot up PES 2019 and have a go, as I've only put about 10 hours into it since it came out.
Wow. They are amazing - the first one especially.

I didn't think that could be done!

It's not even about Messi, mate.
It's not like that dribbling was only available to Messi in PES 2013.
You could do that with any player and the success rate would depend solely on your timing/skills and the player's own skill set.
But it still looked good on any player, specially with small players like Hazard or David Silva.

When I look at the video you posted, I think it's OK, but it doesn't 'flow' right. It's like... choppy (and it's not because it's a GIF). While it used to be smooth, with little touches on the ball when slightly cutting inside or outside, zig-zagging. Now it's like, you have to move in "L-shapes".
I can't get my head round what you mean by it doesn't flow? Do you mean that you used to be able to do it with the left stick alone? As in it was easier? No one here likes overly accurate passing right? So I find it strange that dribbling should be considered such a throwaway skill and any less demanding of the player?

It's funny because in my eyes I see it as the total opposite. PES' dribbling is better now than it ever has been because it's widened the skill gap between the good, and the spectacular dribblers.

What's not to love when it looks so good?

ezgif-3-61a2585bf7f9.gif

ezgif-3-c69cdf256b4a.gif

Wow. They are amazing - the first one especially.

I didn't think that could be done!
Yeah, due to Pes17 being somewhat more "stiff" in compare to new ones it takes some time to.... #believe (no pun intended) and start using it. Personally I find 1on1 dribbling there more effective than in new ones.

Edit: should add - speed dribbling. Skill moves and all the rights stick magic is more refined and polished in new ones.
Sorry for OT.

Last edited:
Same here,but moving down to Reg difficulty I've found dribbling really good in 18,you'll get space for it,plus no laser guided defenders.
I find dribbling really good in 18 (finally)

have you tried reg difficulty in 19?

after reading your post i just tried it - 14min, broadcast cam, barcelona vs l'pool.

i noticed less CPU catch up when running down the wings and far less gegenpress which made for a different game to what i get on professional.

drew 2-2 but it makes me wonder if i need to playing this on regular rather than prof to have fun.

definitely more palatable than 30min matches.

thanks for the post. trying spurs v lpool now. 12mins.

Edit : got beat 2-0 and 3-0 as usual but felt like better game. after seeing that dribble vid by OBH there's obviously some (or lots of) control mechanics i'm just missing

Last edited:
have you tried reg difficulty in 19?

after reading your post i just tried it - 14min, broadcast cam, barcelona vs l'pool.

i noticed less CPU catch up when running down the wings and far less gegenpress which made for a different game to what i get on professional.

drew 2-2 but it makes me wonder if i need to playing this on regular rather than prof to have fun.

definitely more palatable than 30min matches.

thanks for the post. trying spurs v lpool now. 12mins.

Edit : got beat 2-0 and 3-0 as usual but felt like better game. after seeing that dribble vid by OBH there's obviously some (or lots of) control mechanics i'm just missing
Nice to hear buddy.
I have troede IT and IT works well on 19 to.
Problem is i like 18s Ai better,plus D2's.
But yes,quite surprising with the reg difficulty it plays more organic,usually have around 70-80%passing for the CPU,hardly any cheating,so I'm sticking to it.
Just had two really good games,where you can dribble,50/50 chances are really 50/50 and not 20/80.
Feel free to post more thoughts in 19 thread if you like pal

And for the dribbling just go for it,try everything,that's how I did it,Left stick+R stick+ speed burst,and I can beat defenders or get space for crosses

Isn't the line between a skill move and a piece of dribbling somewhat blurry though? We're inclined to sharpen it because there are clearer cases of complex/flashy skills and more basic ones, and computer games have solidified that separation artificially. When you break down dribbling in real life, it's a series of basic skills compiled into a seamless movement. It doesn't stop becoming dribbling when more complex components are thrown into that stream.

So the idea of the new finesse system – from what I understand of it – looks to be bridging the artificial distinction that gaming has formerly encouraged, between "skills" and "dribbling". There's a huge grey area where deft touches, subtle drags of the ball, shifting of weight, use of momentum, etc. all combine to create the effect of a dribble past a player. I'm ecstatic at the possibility of PES incorporating a realistic recreation of that – if it pans out!

Hmmm. I respectfully disagree my friend.
I think the line between skill moves and dribbling are pretty clear.
For dribbling, all that's necessary is: Jogging, Close Control, Running, Sprinting, Changing Directions and Timing.
To perform Skill Moves, you need Mortal Kombat's Fatalities level of combinations, plus special player traits, etc.

I don't like to perform Ronaldinho's or Neymar's type of moves. When I'm attacking vertically, or in tight spaces, I prefer to take on defenders while running forward until there's a clear pass.

I can't get my head round what you mean by it doesn't flow? Do you mean that you used to be able to do it with the left stick alone? As in it was easier? No one here likes overly accurate passing right? So I find it strange that dribbling should be considered such a throwaway skill and any less demanding of the player?

It's funny because in my eyes I see it as the total opposite. PES' dribbling is better now than it ever has been because it's widened the skill gap between the good, and the spectacular dribblers.

What's not to love when it looks so good?

ezgif-3-61a2585bf7f9.gif

ezgif-3-c69cdf256b4a.gif

Sorry mate, it might just be a language barrier as English is not my first one. So I don't know how to explain it any clearer. Maybe Chris can give me a hand here, since he seems to know what I'm talking about.

Nothing more natural than 2019 Demo:

It's all about weight, collisions, tackle accuracy and inertia.:BEER:

I agree. PES 2019 was way smoother and prone to wrong-foot defenders-

Im going to be Very honest.

Its hard not to get excited after wathing this video.

Pace is amazing, ball physics are Very convincing and natural, and the defence AI is Just on point. Two uniforme defence lines from Flamengos side, Men behind the ball, with the midfielerd always moving and closijng gaps with good awereness, forcing Palmeiras to pass the ball around patiently, Just as I expected in real life, specially considering that Flamengo is the away team winning by 0-1.

I also see more Aí erros and the attacking risking more, shooting more. It still hás Room for improvekent, like for example, there were times when the cpu made a bit too much First time passes like 5 ina a row. But overall, I really enjoy it

You know, I'm not sure if I'm seeing things, but even though they're mostly the same animations, do celebrations look a little more.... genuine?

Hi! Do you have any information about Dynamic Lightning System in Pes 2020? Cause it appeared d in Pes 2019 and I hope it will be improved in this year's game edition. By dynamic lighting system I understand, that during the match the shadows move, even during the half, so the pitch changes. According to Adam Bhatti and the info on the official website, it should look like I described. Otherwise, Konami lied about its new improvement.

Hi! Do you have any information about Dynamic Lightning System in Pes 2020? Cause it appeared d in Pes 2019 and I hope it will be improved in this year's game edition. By dynamic lighting system I understand, that during the match the shadows move, even during the half, so the pitch changes. According to Adam Bhatti and the info on the official website, it should look like I described. Otherwise, Konami lied about its new improvement.
i think the Dynamic Lighting project is dead since last year. It was never dynamic at all. For real dynamic lighting watch below, between 00:04~00:10

imagine how would it look in a 13 mins game, im not a huge fan of it. could be in the game but then rather as an option to turn it on /off
It is not obligatory to travel in a real simulation speed. They could slow down the distance of the traveling shadow, to create the illusion that the shadows change position slower without looking awkward even in 5 minute matches.
Eratosthenes would not feel offended, for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom