eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am yet to see a player dribble another one without the use of the trick stick.
I mean a basic, normal, dribble situation either running or sprinting with the ball.
It's been going on forever. How can they not represent one of the most basic things in football and one of the fundamentally great things PES used to have until 2014.

The aggression one and tight dribbling one make sense, as for the others the question is: to what degree will human and CPU players will be able to exploit these? It all comes down at how the game will balance out these boost with other abilities (speed, dribbling, physical contact, body control, etc.)

Like someone mentioned over at the forums, if you assign "The destroyer" playstyle to a CF, he will automatically be a master at tackles...hope this is not a similar case.
If you mean "destroyer" in PES, it is impossible, cause playstyles, even if you assign them through edit mode to false positions, are only activatef in specific positions.
IE: A CF "destroyer" will have his playstyle with transparent letters in formatipn screen and inactive . Only as CB-DMF-CMF he can have active the "Destroyer" playstyle.
If you meant it for real life football, ignore the whole previous comment.

Actually, this game is growing on me. The new broadcast camera is making a positive difference I think. Also the pace.
The problem this game is going to have is still the less frequent dribbles and the nonexistent misplaced passes. It’s simply still too perfect in terms of passing from the AI.

Few things...will the game have VAR and the new premier league rules?
I have to ask because no one has ever managed to give me a straight answer -

Why on earth would you want VAR? In fact, what do you even mean? It's a video game, the entire thing is a VAR!!

I assume you just mean an animation right? But that animation would be LONG. It would have to show 'VAR check underway', then show the ref walking over to a monitor, then showing whether the goal was allowed or not.

All that would easily take a minute or more. If you're playing 6min matches, who wants a whole minute of that time taken up by an animation no one is even going to watch?

Plus where would you draw the line? Do you want VAR animations for offsides too?

Have to be honest, even though I'm nowhere near as pessimistic as some people here, if I found out this game had rubber banding or something, but instead of fixing it they'd spent their time animating a stupid VAR cutscene, mate, I'd be FUMING.

If there was VAR (which, as OBH said, it's basically just a bunch of aninations) in the game you would see it spammed everywhere as a new striking and vital feature.

So, no, no VAR at the moment. If anything I see more EA introducing it first (maybe next year or something).

Yeah it's completely useless and something they shouldn't lose a single second in imho, but it's a very strong visual nowadays so I expect it to pop in sooner or later.

Has anyone spotted a headed goal, let alone from a corner?

I liked, still like PES 2019 (at least the fully modded PC version of it) but what they did to the headers was just atrocious.

Da Midnite Kid "PES has taken another step up this year."

Are these guys for real? Where is this amazing new player ID? I'm all for praise where and when it's due but what am I missing here? It's PES 2019 with a new camera and better lighting from what I can gather.

PES hasn't taken any steps forward. It's taken a million steps back since PES 5 and is still trying to recover, as a game and as a package.

Last edited:
What wasnt really clear for me about the new dribbling system

- is it became more manual right with the right stick? less contextual. thats reasonable so you can dribble in an esport game. thats fair
- but still the better dribblers dribble better they say? only the control scheme changed?

Thats just doesnt add up to me. I would like to know if we lost more player inertia again to appeal to the efootball/manual stuff.

@as for Matchday. I think its pretty cool stuff, just hope that minor derbies gets into Matchday. That would help to vary the opponents monthly/weekly not to play v Barca/Real all the time.

@efootball title hints at better servers through sponsorship?

Last edited:
[Quoted post deleted - mod]

@Chris Davies made it clear we're not to discuss it. I do wonder, if there were people in the media who constantly praise FIFA every year, gamers like me and you who went to these e3 shows etc - and gave BS comments about the game regardless of what it was actually like. Would posts about them also be deleted?

I'm not trolling here and apologies if it appears like I am. I'm just so fed up with the same people (you all know who they are) sucking up to PES as it's annual e3 and Gamescom appearances.

You watch PES 2020 win Gamescom again this year for absolutely no reason as well.

Sick and tired of the entire series now, it's needs new faces behind the scenes and in front of the cameras.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice vid that.
Game had nice flow.
CPU seemed to do a lot more of first time passing but then it kinda stopped.
Few things...will the game have VAR and the new premier league rules?

Yeah I liked that as well, much more promising play from AI than the Barca ones. I wonder what difficulty this was on:THINK:

I particularely liked the build up play for the first goal from 8:45 where they intercept it by heading it backwards and then patiently building up to the goal:APPLAUD:

There's still at bit too many first time passes in general from the AI and not enough dribbling but overall I like what I saw there and it raised my hopes for the final game.

@Chris Davies made it clear we're not to discuss it. I do wonder, if there were people in the media who constantly praise FIFA every year, gamers like me and you who went to these e3 shows etc - and gave BS comments about the game regardless of what it was actually like. Would posts about them also be deleted?

I'm not trolling here and apologies if it appears like I am. I'm just so fed up with the same people (you all know who they are) sucking up to PES as it's annual e3 and Gamescom appearances.

You watch PES 2020 win Gamescom again this year for absolutely no reason as well.

Sick and tired of the entire series now, it's needs new faces behind the scenes and in front of the cameras.

But how can be "so true" if you dont have proof? Im personaly sick of this witch hunting going on every year. You have to pick one person to blame everything on once your expectations are not matched. You all played the online beta of 2018 for PS4, i only had PS3 & PC back then so i wasnt so lucky. You guys all said its the bes PES since PES5. But it didnt turned out like that, so you all should burn then? You all liars?

But how can be "so true" if you dont have proof? Im personaly sick of this witch hunting. You all played the online beta of 2018 for PS4, i only had PS3 & PC back then so i wasnt so lucky. You guys all said its the bes PES since PES5. But it didnt turned out like that, so you all should burn then?
I said nothing of the sort about PES 2018 so no I shouldn’t burn.

I said nothing of the sort about PES 2018 so no I shouldn’t burn.
I know you got my point. Some people like to get offended by PES and by reviews on yearly basis rather than being a reasonable adult customer whos willingly pay for something he/she either like in the end or dont.

What wasnt really clear for me about the new dribbling system

- is it became more manual right with the right stick? less contextual. thats reasonable so you can dribble in an esport game. thats fair
- but still the better dribblers dribble better they say? only the control scheme changed?

Thats just doesnt add up to me. I would like to know if we lost more player inertia again to appeal to the efootball/manual stuff.

@as for Matchday. I think its pretty cool stuff, just hope that minor derbies gets into Matchday. That would help to vary the opponents monthly/weekly not to play v Barca/Real all the time.

@efootball title hints at better servers through sponsorship?
It is surprising how polite or politically correct they are this time on their replies, even in question or requests that are close to insulting, or in a bad mentality like this.

I have a question:
Does anyone here say a book is shit before reading it? Or that a film is rubbish before watching it? No? So, how can anyone have the nerve to think their own view of something is infinitely more valid and genuine than someone who’s actually played the thing? Have you played it yet to judge for yourself?

No, I didn’t think so.

Ah yes the old "someone is praising a game and I don't agree with it, they must have been paid off" comment.

I really like the look of the game this year, I have enjoyed pes 2019 yet criticised it's failings (online momentum, defending issues) yet the trailer got rid of most of my worries as they have clearly put some good work into the defensive side of the game. I have said good things and yet I haven't received a penny from konami. Maybe, just maybe, the guy enjoyed the game. Maybe you won't. Personally, I reckon I will enjoy it because I have enjoyed every pes even in the so called dark days. And finally, maybe the people who have actually played it know a bit more about how it plays than the people sat watching videos on the forums and deciding something is trash. So bored of seeing everyone who likes something being called a shill, it's pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question:
Does anyone here say a book is shit before reading it? Or that a film is rubbish before watching it? No? So, how can anyone have the nerve to think their own negative view of something is infinitely more valid than someone who’s actually played the thing? Have you played it yet to judge for yourself?

No, I didn’t think so.

But PES is a different case, most of us arent newcomers.
I can say Twilight is shit after seeing 2 movies. Some people surely say its good. But if i go see the 3rd one im not blaming on the good reviews if i dont like it. I think its pretty obvious and reasonable.

@Gale Kast
:APPLAUD:

@gabe.paul.logan
So what? Ever play Resident Evil 7? It’s absolutely nothing like the games before it, so to judge it purely on an opinion of older titles would be stupid, and completely irrelevant.

Does not liking something make it more likely you won’t like a sequel? Absolutely, Id 100% agree with you on that front. But anyone stating things as a proven fact without having touched it is utterly infuriating. There’s people here saying ‘the new PES feels the same’. You haven’t touched it so how can you ‘feel’ anything!?

Last edited:
Can we please get off this subject now guys. It's getting ridiculous now. I don't want to have to keep spending my time deleting this crap to try and stem the tide - for the billionth time, nobody is a shill.

Back to PES 2020 discussion, NOT people discussion, or we're going to have to start handing out bans, you've been fairly warned.

Do we think, with the inclusion of passing errors based on body position etc they may finally limit the online pass assist. I mean What will be the point of finally adding something that could combat the ping pong style and then allow it to be essentially negated by the assist level?

Would love to see online go to a manual or pa 0.5 mild accuracy help. Pa1 is ok but I feel it could be looser. Leave pa2 or 3 for those who want to use if offline but ban it from online except the friendly games. They look to be doing good things so far, this would really make the online side of the game a lot more enjoyable.

I played a lot of manual in the 2019 demo and it was great, I just don't like the crossing, it always feels so awkward for some reason. If I could play manual for most of it but hold L1 to do a cross that would certainly make me play that mode a hell of a lot more though I suppose technically it would be an advantage.

Reactions: OBH
Do we think, with the inclusion of passing errors based on body position etc they may finally limit the online pass assist. I mean What will be the point of finally adding something that could combat the ping pong style and then allow it to be essentially negated by the assist level?
I don’t think it’ll limit the online PA itself, as nice as that would be.

I think we forget that not everybody wants the style of gameplay we all want. My mate for example is perfectly happy smashing every ML team 12-0 for 11 consecutive seasons or something ridiculous. How he’s not got bored stupid is beyond me. Then jumps on MyClub and pings it around with equally ludicrously high rates players.

Thinking about, if Konami are desperate for their eSports scene to grow and to get more people watching their streams, I’d guess they’d want more goals as supposed to more grounded and believable matches?

I’d love to be wrong though. Would be brilliant to limit online PA.

I am yet to see a player dribble another one without the use of the trick stick.
I mean a basic, normal, dribble situation either running or sprinting with the ball.
It's been going on forever. How can they not represent one of the most basic things in football and one of the fundamentally great things PES used to have until 2014.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but at 23:13 Suarez receives it and dribbles around another player with a speed burst. But maybe you mean something else or the AI doing it?

Not sure if this is what you mean, but at 23:13 Suarez receives it and dribbles around another player with a speed burst. But maybe you mean something else or the AI doing it?

Are you sure it's at 23:13?
I'm not seeing what you're describing, mate.
All I see at 23:13, is Suarez receiving a pass and then just turning and shooting. But the defender was far away from him, he didn't even have to dribble to create space for the shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom